Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

The plastic surgeon's office just called. My insurance approved me for a breast reduction. Now the terror sets in. :confused: I'm gonna set it up for early June.

Congrats!! That is very cool. I am hoping that my insurance will approve a breast reduction for me after I get the Tummy Tuck. They wouldn't even consider my tummy tuck. ^_^ However the doc says that they are usually more willing to do breast reduction. I am excited for you.

Denise

The closet thingie was funny - I feel sorry for the poor boy though getting in trouble for dressing like a girl - I bet he really gets made fun of. But I don't know - today it seems that HS kids are more tolorent (sp) of gayness than when I was a kid.

CONGRATS ON THE P.S. in June:thumbup::eek:

Ruby - I am right there with you on the whole Water issue - so far I have had 10 ozs.. 1 cup coffee and 2 sips of water :eek: - Yesterday most likely got in about half ^_^

Karri - I slimed little pb on my salmon last nite too...

Must be the salmon :confused:

Kristin - Happy TGIF - hair cut (new du??) ya gotta post some pic :eek:

Ok back to work - I gotta get some stuff done this morning...

Since I have a very rigid schedule at work and when I can eat I seem to get my Water in during the morning time but totally slack at night. I can drink during 1st, 3rd, and 5th period. I have gotten in 40 oz so far today, which is normal. Then I don't seem to drink after lunch at all!

I hope it is not the salmon. I am going home for lunch today and that is what we are having. The coleslaw was very yummy last night and their is about 10 cups of it with a TOTAL of 220 calories so I can eat a lot of that. It amazes me how the calorie content of fish can change from one package to the next. The last fish we had contained 220 calories per 4 oz. This one is 120. I like this one much better!

Karri - If you think your insurance would pay for a breast reduction maybe you should do that first cause once you are already getting a procedure they will just charge a little more for the next thing. I have a friend who had the BR paid by the insurance so the Dr. said he'd do the TT for 5000.00, Cause the hospital and the aneisti....(sp.?) is already paid for.

Karri - If you think your insurance would pay for a breast reduction maybe you should do that first cause once you are already getting a procedure they will just charge a little more for the next thing. I have a friend who had the BR paid by the insurance so the Dr. said he'd do the TT for 5000.00, Cause the hospital and the aneisti....(sp.?) is already paid for.

We tried that too, but it requires 24 months worth of documented medical issues. So we started that process, but I am not willing to wait the 24 months for the Tummy Tuck because I don't even know if they will cover it OR if I will be with this school district in 2 years. Plus my doc wasn't too happy about having to do both at the same time. She said if it meant getting money to pay for it she would do it, but the risk would be much higher because my TT is going to take around 6 hours to do. Adding to the time with the BR adds to complications.

Karri

I think salmon is a high calorie fish - more so than my catfish - I use a scale that gives me all the info - calories - Protein etc..

Denise great idea - Karri ck it out could save you $$$

Well its lunch off to eat....

Later chickies

Janet - I don't know about that. My nutritionist said no catfish. She said catfish is high in bad fat, and it is not good for you. One of my magazines, maybe Woman's Day, just had an article about a woman who got mercury poisoning because she was eating fish constantly. She was trying to be healthly and she almost croaked.

Janet - I don't know about that. My nutritionist said no catfish. She said catfish is high in bad fat, and it is not good for you. One of my magazines, maybe Woman's Day, just had an article about a woman who got mercury poisoning because she was eating fish constantly. She was trying to be healthly and she almost croaked.

Choose fish that are low in mercury, such as catfish, cod, and haddock, and avoid stream- and lake-caught fish, which can contain a range of other toxins.

I have eaten farm raised catfish primarilly since I have been banded almost 5 or 6 days a week for the last 8 months ^_^ - I really like it better than salmon - plus the only thing i count is calories & Protein - all that good fat bad fat carbs etc - just way too much thinking for me.. :confused::lol::eek::lol::eek::lol::eek:

The plastic surgeon's office just called. My insurance approved me for a breast reduction. Now the terror sets in. :thumbup: I'm gonna set it up for early June.

WOW! Congrats Denise. I'm sure you're just as excited as you are nervous. :biggrin2:

Warning: May be TMI

Hi friends, I have to tell you that I'm starting to have problems again :thumbup:. The last two nights were terrible. Every time I fell asleep I'd start refluxing. The first night I thought it was b/c I ate too much supper too late and too fast, so yesterday I had nothing to eat and only Water to drink after 1 pm! I worked till 10 pm and went to bed very, very tired. Every time I'd relax and start falling asleep I'd start coughing b/c there was stuff in my throat. My nose would be full of mucous, and eventually, I'd start bringing up large amounts of mucous. This went on all night long until I called it quits at 5 am. During the day I don't have any problems, but when I laid down after work tonight I could feel it starting again. I don't have a lot of acidity, just all this mucous. I suppose an unfill is in order, but to be honest, I can't afford another $300 + $300 to refill again. I hope by relaxing this weekend, and sticking to slider foods, I can get past this. Any advice?

Warning: May be TMI

Hi friends, I have to tell you that I'm starting to have problems again :). The last two nights were terrible. Every time I fell asleep I'd start refluxing. The first night I thought it was b/c I ate too much supper too late and too fast, so yesterday I had nothing to eat and only Water to drink after 1 pm! I worked till 10 pm and went to bed very, very tired. Every time I'd relax and start falling asleep I'd start coughing b/c there was stuff in my throat. My nose would be full of mucous, and eventually, I'd start bringing up large amounts of mucous. This went on all night long until I called it quits at 5 am. During the day I don't have any problems, but when I laid down after work tonight I could feel it starting again. I don't have a lot of acidity, just all this mucous. I suppose an unfill is in order, but to be honest, I can't afford another $300 + $300 to refill again. I hope by relaxing this weekend, and sticking to slider foods, I can get past this. Any advice?

Linda - this isn't tmi - it's a fact of the band :thumbup: It's mucous and not slime - do you have a cold/sinus - I know this sounds dumb asking a nurse - but you say mucous aand not slime....

I assume you are taking some kind of anacid before you go to bed.

Are you that tight?? Right now I have a little heartburn - but will be leaving for the gym in a bit and I always stick a piece of gum in my mouth and do you know that takes away the heartburn (omw I sallowed a piece last week - but didn't have a problem) - I get it (hb) from just drinking water sometimes - But I have only pb'd at night from eating too much (midnite raids - that one more bite of pudding)

Eat some ice chips - that one support group meeting I did go to said to do that after pbing and I would stick to slider foods (soups and bland stuff just like you would treat an ulcer) and no wine or mixed drinks (sorry :eek:) maybe you are just very irritated.

Not much help - but am trying (Hugs) to help a little

You were self pay??? Your insurance doesn't cover fills?? Ya I could see why you wouldn't want to spend $600 - but if it last over the weekend I would - cuz they say being too tight can cause problems..

Hugs - I am sorry that you are having problems

Aww, thanks Janet, What a friend! No cold or any other symptoms during the day--everything is fine. Just issues at night. Yeah, I'm self pay, and to make it worse, most surgeons don't even want to deal with Mexican patients at all, and the ones that do charge an arm and a leg. Frustrating since I could adjust the band it myself if I had the supplies. Well, I'm hoping for the best tonight. . . Off to watch "What not to Wear."

TTYL

Aww, thanks Janet, What a friend! No cold or any other symptoms during the day--everything is fine. Just issues at night. Yeah, I'm self pay, and to make it worse, most surgeons don't even want to deal with Mexican patients at all, and the ones that do charge an arm and a leg. Frustrating since I could adjust the band it myself if I had the supplies. Well, I'm hoping for the best tonight. . . Off to watch "What not to Wear."

TTYL

Yep I guess I can never move - Phyl tried to see my doc for a fill but they wanted your first born child. I think she did find someone in Riverside but she never went - she goes Monday for her fill.

Can't you find a doc to order the supplies for you - heck you work in a clinic - can't you order it thru there saying for emergency unfills for your patients... OMW I am showing you my devious side :thumbup::lol:

Well it's only 5:22 pm and I got meet the trainer @ 6 so I am killing time

I had a nice surpise when I got home -DGS cleaned the house - so now all i gotta do is my bed & bath rooms - He can be such a sweet kid sometimes. Others - well you know you have kids too...

TTYL

My nurse actually gave me the needle in case I needed an emergency unfill. I am with Janet, can't you find anyone to order the supplies for you? I have no advice because I have never had that, but I would second the staying on bland Soup like foods and let your tummy rest. The cost of fills is the EXACT reason that I won't go to the bariatric surgeon over here. Even with the price of gas it is cheaper for me to drive 6 hours each way! I was a self pay too, but my doc throws in 2 years worth of free fills (unfills are always free). Can you find a doc that is cheaper that is farther away?

Hey Gang What's Up..

I just realized we haven't heard from Jackie in a day or two - Jackie where are you :eek: Hope nothing is wrong :)

I think that we need to all band together (pun intended:tongue:) to petition

the insurance companies to pay for ps for bariatric patients. I was discussing this with my trainer tonite - It is demoralizing to lose all this weight and then have all the skin issues we have - mentally it is damaging and not an incentive to keep the weight off. I wonder how we would go about this. OK it wasn't until 2001 that lapband got approved as a wls to be covered by insurance. Someone lobbied for it - I wonder what proof we would need for this cause - I need to talk to my doc about the - who is the next person going to the doctors soon ?? I don't go til 5/28 or something like that. But as a community (LBT) there really should be a way to get this covered. Ya I know if you have a rash etc - but like Karri said 24 months of documentation - that's a bit much.. I know that for very extreme cases it does get paid for by insurance but - doesn't mental health count for something - Just thinking out loud here. But heck most people don't have 50 K to pay for a full body lift...

Ok now on to dinner - I am making something with chicken (it's already cooked and shredded) Told my trainer I wanted to lose these 16 lbs in the next 11 weeks - he said eat my carbs for lunch but I can still have my popcorn at night - but night Protein & veggies - I said i would try - then realized who I was talking to - with him no excuses:eek: (male version of me - you know it's easier to give advice than take it :thumbup:)- well as I sit hear thinking what I can throw together - i am CRAVING rice...

Karri are refried Beans high in carbs??? I could make something mexican with chicken beans a little cheese...

I think i need to go to the store I don't have any onions or bell peppers..

What happen to Chim & Jackie and Ssankofa - you guys popped in and haven't been back - You all need to come back....

Ok I am rambleing here - since I don't think anyone is here... so am going to feed my doggies and will be back..

Edited by IndioGirl55
forgot