Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Morning everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a good Saturday morning!!!! I'm off to work for a little bit... post later! Have a good day!!!

Good Morning ladies!

It's a beautiful nice sunny day here in Michigan. I think it is still cold though. Gotta go out and get grandson a birthday present today. He's gonna be three. Gotta get him one of those battery operated cars.

One of the band rules? If you can't exersize, you need to get in 10,000 steps.

No Janet, all done pedaling for the day. seems like it's getting to be a chore just to get in one hour. Been doing it, but it's getting hard. Also trying to get 10-15 minutes with 3 lb weights. Question though, is it better to do 10-15 with three pound weights, or less time with heavier weights?

I've been having a bit of a problem the past couple days. I had a fill two weeks ago and Thurs. afternoon, I was snacking on wheat thins and an hour later, daughter started fixing burgers for her and her dad.....so I fixed myself a bocaburger in a pita pocket. I had about three bites and started pb'ing something terrible for about half an hour. Then, yesterday, for lunch I had a lean cousine pannini. Ate not quite half of it when again I started pb'ing. This time for over an hour. So for dinner, I decided on Soup. Italian wedding soup. Put one serving of it in a bowl, ate about three quarters of it and started pb'ing again. Not as bad though cause I stopped eating as soon as I felt it coming on. Now, to be honest with you, I later finished off the wheat thins with no problems. So, today, I'm gonna finish the pannini and see what happens. Question is, did it take two weeks for the fill to kick in? Or did I do something wrong here??

OKAY, NOW. GONNA GO EAT MY PANNINI. TRY ANYWAY, THEN HIT TOYSRUS. HAVE A GOOD DAY. DON'T EAT TO MUCH. TTYL

Kirajh, I've been tempted to try the panninis, but to be honest with you, I don't think we need the bread. Same with the pita. Your problem might be the bread. Try eating just the fillings and see what happens. I usually can only tolerate small amounts of meats at a time. No bread at all. cheese goes a little easier, but because of the fat content, I limit that too. I haven't had a slice of bread since I started this, and only once did I try a dinner roll--very, very slowly and itsy bitsy bites at a time. It wasn't worth the effort, even tough I love bread.

Ok gang - What's up where is everyone tonite..

Ruby we haven't heard from you today

I'm here today. Been feeling a little down of late. I've hit a plateau and it's driving me insane. I still read, but haven't got the desire to post.

I've increased my exercise time in the hopes of getting the scale to move. All it's done so far is increase my appetite. But I've stuck with it. When I feel the food demon knocking on my door I take myself to the gym and walk for half an hour. I don't snack at all if I can possibly help it. But it's driving me insane. I've worked really hard this week. Today is my official weigh-in day and I stepped on the scales and nothing's changed. :frown:

I'm thinking I should get into some weights at the gym, but at the moment I'm under doctor's orders not to lift anything over 5lbs. So that's out of the question. He doesn't want me doing any upper body exercising at all. And I can't lift weights with my feet. Imagine how crazy that would look. :tt1: So the only thing I can do now is cardio, which is better than sitting on my butt doing nothing. But yanno, sometimes I wonder if doing nothing brings the same results as working my butt off each time the hunger hits!

It's not an impending visit from Aunt Flo that has stopped the scales as she's not due for another 2 weeks and I don't usually get a gain until the week before, and that's only temporary. I'm not angry, I'm not really frustrated, I just feel pouty. :confused2:

Ruby--I hear you loud and clear. Believe me--what you're feeling is definitely a downer. My solution for that, and it's not one that Janet would approve of, is to give yourself a day off. Just bump up your intake for a day. Eating more eases the tension, and it also nudges your metabolism. Unlike an alcoholic, who can physically avoid all alcohol in recovery, we do need to eat. We've been eating less than our bodies NEED for a long time now, and our bodies have adjusted to the reduced intake by becomming more efficient. I think that's what results in thoes nasty plateaus. So by exercising more and eating a little more, we can shock the body into letting go of a little more fat. It works for me. I'm always amazed at when the scale moves. When I think I've had a really good week. . .NOTHING. Then after a binge, I actually lose a pound or two. Well, it's worth a try. Hang in there. Your rewards will come!

Good Morning Ladies !!

Well, just got back from the gym - did my 3 miles !!! Waiting for the cable company to call back - my box isn't rebooting and I may have to take it in and get it replaced - the problem is I am going to lose the programs I have saved - the only ones I really care about are the last 2 lost shows and 2 surviors.... Well I guess I can watch the lost ones on the computer - ABC is always saying go on line and watch you missed episodes...

Kristin - I went to bed about 9:30 ish last night - sometimes I am an old lady :tt1:

Phyl - the vit and coffee maybe one went down the wrong way - I know that I use to be able to take a hand full of pills all at once with no problem swallowing- now just to take my petiete Calcium (which isn't all that petiete) just getting them down my throat is a bit of a struggle..

Somedays I can eat more than others and the enchillada and Beans are sllider foods to me - and some times after a pbing episode I am looser.

some time tighter - who the hell knows our bands are fickle - that's all that I can come up with in these 8 1/2 months..

Linda - CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SIZE 14 from a 24 - that's fabulous !!!! Yep 10 here we come :frown: - 10 friggin sizes you have gone down - would you have ever thought that - that would be possible - I know I didn't - Ok what's this about dinner not being a bandster meal - I really don't think there is such a thing - You had a couple drinks so It's not like you are eating a whole baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream - you had dinner in the normal amount - ever night isn't going to be grlled fish or chicken with a little veggies - you gotta eat foods that you enjoy sometime - just in smaller portions. So quit laying guilt on yourself - I dont beleive in guilt - I am great at giving it but sure don't accept it from other :sad: If you weren't losing weight and crying th blues then I would tell you something - but girl you are our 1st 100 + loser - so enjoy life - you are doing good

so 6 your time was 3 my time?? ya I was still asleep... I got up at 6 had coffee and was at the gym @ 7:05 a.m.

Ok gotta tell you this - my bro called last nite - I looked at caller id and said OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN... But he called to tell me that our Aunt wasn't answering the phone - so I said she must be in the hospital and I would ck with her stepson - he said ok I just wanted to let you know - and then he said love you before he hung up - OMW - he is a little touched... I wonder if he even remembers calling me the night before..

Kari

My trainer has me do 3 sets of 15 reps - and on the last one he may make me do 20.. You wanta feel the burn and you gotta work thru the burn..

I would say that on my 2nd fill it did take 2 weeks to really take - I would cut out the bread for a while - sound like you might not be tolerating it too well - remember tiny bites - chew - eat slowly.... I don't eat much bread - did have a grilled cheese the other night for dinner - but you had wheat thins then an hr later a burger - I think you were full from the wheat thins and the burger could have been too much food - plus you could have irratated your tummy - I would eat some soft foods for a bit

I haven't tried a panni since being banded - but that bread is thick... I think that may be the problem (you know the great doc that I am) cut out the bread for a few days - and see how it goes.

Have fun at your DGS bday party..

Ok I am off to the shower - gotta get dressed and my stuff done - will ck back later

xooxoxoxo

I'm here today. Been feeling a little down of late. I've hit a plateau and it's driving me insane. I still read, but haven't got the desire to post.

I've increased my exercise time in the hopes of getting the scale to move. All it's done so far is increase my appetite. But I've stuck with it. When I feel the food demon knocking on my door I take myself to the gym and walk for half an hour. I don't snack at all if I can possibly help it. But it's driving me insane. I've worked really hard this week. Today is my official weigh-in day and I stepped on the scales and nothing's changed. :sad:

I'm thinking I should get into some weights at the gym, but at the moment I'm under doctor's orders not to lift anything over 5lbs. So that's out of the question. He doesn't want me doing any upper body exercising at all. And I can't lift weights with my feet. Imagine how crazy that would look. :tt1: So the only thing I can do now is cardio, which is better than sitting on my butt doing nothing. But yanno, sometimes I wonder if doing nothing brings the same results as working my butt off each time the hunger hits!

It's not an impending visit from Aunt Flo that has stopped the scales as she's not due for another 2 weeks and I don't usually get a gain until the week before, and that's only temporary. I'm not angry, I'm not really frustrated, I just feel pouty. :confused2:

Ruby--I hear you loud and clear. Believe me--what you're feeling is definitely a downer. My solution for that, and it's (one) not one that Janet would approve of, is to give yourself a day off. Just bump up your intake for a day. Eating more eases the tension, and it also nudges your metabolism. Unlike an alcoholic, who can physically avoid all alcohol in recovery, we do need to eat. We've been eating less than our bodies NEED for a long time now, and our bodies have adjusted to the reduced intake by becomming more efficient. I think that's what results in thoes nasty plateaus. So by exercising more and eating a little more, we can shock the body into letting go of a little more fat. It works for me. I'm always amazed at when the scale moves. When I think I've had a really good week. . .NOTHING. Then after a binge, I actually lose a pound or two. Well, it's worth a try. Hang in there. Your rewards will come!

Ruby - Sorry about the downer - but we do all have days like that - and I do agree with Linda & I do approve of her method (Linda I think you ment to say it would be one that I do approve of ):frown: - I do it too - Since Thursday's are my weigh in days I will ususally go out to lunch or eat something other than fish - I do vary my calories day to day - some days I just want more food than others. I am exactly just like linda - the week I have be very good about exercise and eating i lose 1/2 lbs - then the next week i get the minimum exercise in and so so eating I lose 2.5 lbs

Also are you drinking your Water - peeing is one of the ways that the body flushes fat from your system - so drink that water and pee pee pee..

Ok I am really of the showers it 9;30

Later chickie babies..

Kirajh, I've been tempted to try the panninis, but to be honest with you, I don't think we need the bread. Same with the pita. Your problem might be the bread. Try eating just the fillings and see what happens. I usually can only tolerate small amounts of meats at a time. No bread at all. cheese goes a little easier, but because of the fat content, I limit that too. I haven't had a slice of bread since I started this, and only once did I try a dinner roll--very, very slowly and itsy bitsy bites at a time. It wasn't worth the effort, even tough I love bread.

Ditto...I once in a while eat some bread... usually a slice of that 45 calorie Sara Lee bread. toast it, slice it down the middle to make two for a sandwich, but not very often. I have had 1/2 Panera Bread sandwich once or twice. Ate it very slowly and it went down okay. But, bread is just not worth "wasting" the room in our little tummies! That flat bread "Sammie" I had at Quizno's yesterday... so doughy and 1-2 little slices of shaved turkey... not enough Protein. A real wasted meal! Better to totally avoid the bread, as you say!

Hi guys. I am around. I've been reading but nothing much to say. I had a very emotional couple of days. I told my sup that I wasn't coming back next year....and then yesterday told all of my students. It was tough and thank God for my little yellow pills because I would have been a blithering idiot without them. It is a little sad to know that I only have a month and a half of teaching left. Those kids mean so much to me. With only having 35 students all day, you really get attached. And I start them all in 7th grade and follow them all the way through. I am seeing my first 7th graders at this school graduate in May. I really thought I would see the 7th graders this year through to graduation too. My new life starts in May. I am really excited, but it is bitter sweet.

Today I woke up with a tooth ache and it just keeps getting worse. Tylenol didn't touch it. I do still have some darvocet from a prior surgery and a little bit of my liquid gold they gave me with the band. I'm thinking it might take that. I can hardly think right now. The problem is that it sends me to lala land for awhile and I really want to spend the weekend with the family. But...if I'm in this type of pain the kids get on my last raw nerve and no one has a good time. It's really a catch 22.

I was not good with food yesterday. I think there was just too much heartache to care. I'm back on track today and avoiding the pity party and the emotional eating. I've planned a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner. Yesterday it was hard salami and rice for lunch and pizza top for dinner. Not to mention the junk Snacks. But today it is chow mein for lunch and chicken and veggies for dinner. Going to stay away from the snacks and drown my sorrows in Water. Much better I think.

I will be around now and again this weekend...it will depend on the tooth whether I'm up to posting or just reading.

Have a great Saturday.

- now just to take my petiete Calcium (which isn't all that petiete) just getting them down my throat is a bit of a struggle..

Somedays I can eat more than others and the enchillada and Beans are sllider foods to me - and some times after a pbing episode I am looser.

some time tighter - who the hell knows our bands are fickle - that's all that I can come up with in these 8 1/2 months..

... I got up at 6 had coffee and was at the gym @ 7:05 a.m.

Ok gotta tell you this - my bro called last nite - I looked at caller id and said OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN... But he called to tell me that our Aunt wasn't answering the phone - so I said she must be in the hospital and I would ck with her stepson - he said ok I just wanted to let you know - and then he said love you before he hung up - OMW - he is a little touched... I wonder if he even remembers calling me the night before..xooxoxoxo

Petite Calcium...

..can anyone think of why they would make their "PETITE" Calcium SQUARE?????

Does that make any sense??? Wouldn't you think if they wanted to make it easier to swallow they would make it long and skinny????

Go Figure!!

Slider food....

I didn't think about that! That's probably why it went down so easy. And I was very disappointed in the shrimp and crab enchilada! Couldn't find any shrimp OR crab!! It was kind of all ground up.. minced.... and I couldn't even taste the seafood taste. It was another disappointing meal. Going to restaurants is a bummer unless you are very familiar with where you are going and KNOW that you can order something somewhere in the moderately healthy range that is going to satisfy you and not leave you feeling like you overindulged in something that wasn't even good!! Yesterday I had two meals like that... ate things I normally wouldn't have eaten and didn't even really enjoy it! A lesson learned!

Man!!! Don't you ever sleep in, Chick????

At the gym at 7:05 a.m. on a Saturday!!

That's either dedication or insanity!!

7_5_141.gif

See....your brother really does love you!!

Siblings can be an absolute nuisance,

but.... ya gotta love 'em!

Example:

My sister ML knows we're in the bay area visiting our son.

Her son is a doctor doing a neurology rotation at SFU Hosp.

So she's been bugging me... telling me he has the day off tomorrow. Have you heard from him?

Would it be too many people if he comes for dinner tomorrow??

(Our youngest daughter & her family... three little kids... driving in tomorrow from Seattle!)

My DIL says, "YES... there are already going to be

FOURTEEN

of us for dinner!"

But we didn't tell ML that because then she would be

really pissed off at me!

SIBLINGS!!

Getting along with them is one of life's little challenges!

Okay... I am signing off!

We're about to go to a Navy picnic...

where I hope there will be healthy food I can eat.

Then, off to GS's baseball game!

I hope he actually gets to play!

If I'm going to freeze my butt off sitting outside watching a baseball game then it better not be for nothing!

36_7_19.gif

Oh...woke up thinking about Karri. I hope all goes wonderfully today. A big step for her today.

Phyll...I love Quiznos but have not tried their sammies. I haven't had anything from there but Soup since banding. And about your Aunt Genny....so sorry for your loss. I know it hurts to not be there to grieve with the family but memories in your head and shared one at a time can be very cathartic. She sounds like an amazing woman. I'm sure the world will be a little smaller without her.

Janet...my brother and sister and I are always fighting. It can cause such stress. It is so hard when you have made your life a success and see others raised by the same family and in the same way have such trouble. It is hard to be kind with it because you look at yourself and see what they could have done. They have their demons and we have ours though. Remember that you only have control of yourself and that your best revenge is a beautiful life for yourself.

Ruby -- this is so hard when your heart hurts. I know the feeling of "I just don't have anything to say." Wish that helped. Just know you aren't alone.

Kari -- when I was weight training I was told to do 3 sets with light weights and then every other day throw in a fourth set with heavier weights. I believe there are benefits for both. I remember reading in Prevention something about there not being a "better" option because both did something different. Not much help, am I?

Okay...there were a couple of other things and people I wanted to say but I can't concentrate on anything but my jaw. Sorry all that I have missed.

Hi guys. I am around. I've been reading but nothing much to say. I had a very emotional couple of days. I told my sup that I wasn't coming back next year....and then yesterday told all of my students. It was tough and thank God for my little yellow pills because I would have been a blithering idiot without them. It is a little sad to know that I only have a month and a half of teaching left. Those kids mean so much to me. With only having 35 students all day, you really get attached. And I start them all in 7th grade and follow them all the way through. I am seeing my first 7th graders at this school graduate in May. I really thought I would see the 7th graders this year through to graduation too. My new life starts in May. I am really excited, but it is bitter sweet.

Today I woke up with a tooth ache and it just keeps getting worse. Tylenol didn't touch it. I do still have some darvocet from a prior surgery and a little bit of my liquid gold they gave me with the band. I'm thinking it might take that. I can hardly think right now. The problem is that it sends me to lala land for awhile and I really want to spend the weekend with the family. But...if I'm in this type of pain the kids get on my last raw nerve and no one has a good time. It's really a catch 22.

I was not good with food yesterday. I think there was just too much heartache to care. I'm back on track today and avoiding the pity party and the emotional eating. I've planned a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner. Yesterday it was hard salami and rice for lunch and pizza top for dinner. Not to mention the junk Snacks. But today it is chow mein for lunch and chicken and veggies for dinner. Going to stay away from the snacks and drown my sorrows in Water. Much better I think.

I will be around now and again this weekend...it will depend on the tooth whether I'm up to posting or just reading.

Have a great Saturday.

Steph,

So sorry about your "heartache" and your toothache!! Hope the tylenol will help some! Try to have a good weekend and enjoy your family. Things will be getting better soon!

Llinda - Finished off the panini for lunch. Good thing it was only half. Just had a little twinge of pain so I stopped. bread usually doesn't bother me. Before banded, bread was my basic staple. I was pb'ing on soup.......cottage cheese too, so it wasn't just the bread.

Phyll - My very first super PB was after eating a Sammy at Quiznos. Slimed for over half an hour. Won't go back there again. And I wasn't impressed with them. Now, I love the Olga sandwiches. Those are worth pb'ing over.

Ruby - When I went for a whole month plateaued, I upped my pedaling, and upped my eating. The extra exersizing kept me from gaining and the extra eating jump started my metabolism. Do that for a day or two then cut back. Your metabolism slows down because it thinks it's starving so you have to feed it.

Steph, - hope your toothache gets better and isn't anything serious. Just found out last week, since DH retired, dental and optical isn't a benefit anymore. and we have to pay 20% of all doctor visits, labs and scripts. I gotta talk to my doctor. I want off these pills. I feel so much better. NSV - sleep machine has been seriously bothering my sinuses so I quit using it. I don't think I've been snoring. My throat isn't raw and no one has heard me.

Karri - Hope things are great. Can't wait to hear the details. And see pictures. Hope you bought something tiny and sexy for that wedding night.

Janet - What exactly do you mean by BURN?

Thank you everyone for your wonderful advice. This really is the best place for me to be at times like this and even when I go silent, it's still the only place that stops me from going completely mad.

I've kind of taken a good look at what I'm doing and not doing. Last month towards the end I really started doing a lot of cardio to try and catch up to my monthly challenge goal. But it made me hungrier. As often as I could I would drink rather than eat. When I really felt the food demon I would go to the gym for half an hour. But I find a glitch in my defense in that I was drinking a lot of Lipton Raspberry flavored ice tea. My husband asked if he could have one since I always seemed to be guzzling them down (he's good like that when he thinks something is for ME). Well it turns out that it has high fructose corn Syrup in it, which was a big "NO!NO!NO!" ingredient when I was pushing close to diabetes. I thought I'd read the label on it, but I can't have had my glasses with me that day. I avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup like the plague as it sets off my hunger. :tt1: So this is probably the main culprit, although maybe not the only one. Still, fight one battle at a time.

I'm going to make a more conscious effort with my Water. I was substituting the tea for water and obviously it wasn't working. So that will be my main focus.

I'm also going to take tomorrow off exercising. When I upped my routine over the past couple of weeks it was a good NSV. More often than not I feel so much better when I'm exercising. It sounds crazy and I never would have believed it a year ago. But now I know if I'm exercising, I'm not eating. So that's what was getting me to the gym more. But tomorrow, no exercise and I'm going to treat myself to a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks as well. I'm looking forward to that. :frown:

Steph - is there some kind of "Substitute Teacher" list you can be put on so that you get called in every once in a while to stand in? This will allow you to teach when needed, but not have the pressure of preparing the classes and doing all the marking and testing.

Taking a break is a wonderful idea and I agree that it would be good for you. But if the thought of giving up so completely hurts you so much, I would keep my foot in the door. That way when you are ready to go back full time, it'll be less of a shock to your system.