Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ruby

I am with you

I NEVER want to be too tight again that was the freakin pitts.

You are still healing from your surgery and once you really back into your exercise it will come off and we don't have any more holidays for a while - at least Memorial day isn't about candy - just bbq and we do need our protein

We will just have to say no to the potato salad

etc - or use

Phyl's 3 bite rule.

Phyl

It's so nice to have you back again posting .

Thanks! It's nice to be able to post without worrying about getting dumped offline before I can hit the "submit" button!!

Ok gang it's 8:15 and I haven't eaten yet - On trainer days I don't get home til after 6 and tonite stopped at the store (I drove:lol:)

Came home fed the dogs got on here and then paid bills - where does the time go.. It's time for me to eat and unwind - so til tomorrow

- sweet dreams everyone -

oxoxox

Oh, boy!!! My THREE BITE RULE will be really hard if there's potato salad around!! Especially if it's homemade!! Which I guess isn't likely these days. Everyone buys the potato salad in a tub and that's not that great! Potatoes are one of my really big weaknesses!!

We stopped at Wal-Mart for a potty break today and DH went in to get himself some chips. It was lunch time, so he wanted to know what I wanted. I thought it was a Supercenter, but it wasn't. I told him to get me a sandwich of some kind. But there weren't any so he went to the McD's inside and brought me TWO snack wraps! Needless to say, one is still in the fridge! I can barely get one down, and that's with peeling off some of the tortilla and throwing it away. Unfortunately, he got crispy and not grilled. I know the grilled ones are 270 calories. I was going to mix a can of tuna last night & stick it in the fridge for today. I should've done it. Oh, well. Not too bad of a food day considering we were on the road.

Good Morning Gang

Happy Thursday - One more day til the weekend:thumbup:

Phyl - I REFUSE to buy pre-made potatoe or mac salads :biggrin: A gf once showed me how you can buy it then add some of your own stuff to jazz it up but imho it still taste like crap - It' not that hard to make anyway - I use red potatoes (so no peelling) green onions - black olives - mustard - mayo - if you want to jazz it up some - use wasabe mayo - delish !!!

I don't think I have made any since being banded - but I may have I just use lite mayo now..:w00t:

Well - 6.5 to go til my 1st goal :lol: I just can't get over this whole weight loss thing - it is just blowing my mind - I have accomplished so much in the last 8 1/2 months (yes this is me patting myself on the back:lol:) - my brain has changed (hopefully forever:rolleyes2:)

My trainer said yesterday as I was pushing thru - (had to do 100 reps on some machine where the weights are on your shoulders and you squat and push up) that he could tell my deterimation in my face as I was shaking my head no - i can't do anymore - but i would - you gotta work thru the burn - Trainers are really great motivators - do you know that for that one hour you don't think about work, home etc - you are talking to your guy/girl and your mind is totally in a whole nother place - it is really enjoyable - I think once my 3 months 2xweek is up - I will still keep him once a week - I will make room in my budget somehow..

Well, better see what's on my desk for the day

Later chickie...

Good Morning Gang

Happy Thursday - One more day til the weekend:thumbup:

Phyl - I REFUSE to buy pre-made potatoe or mac salads :biggrin: A gf once showed me how you can buy it then add some of your own stuff to jazz it up but imho it still taste like crap - It' not that hard to make anyway - I use red potatoes (so no peelling) green onions - black olives - mustard - mayo - if you want to jazz it up some - use wasabe mayo - delish !!!

I don't think I have made any since being banded - but I may have I just use lite mayo now..:w00t:

Well - 6.5 to go til my 1st goal :lol: I just can't get over this whole weight loss thing - it is just blowing my mind - I have accomplished so much in the last 8 1/2 months (yes this is me patting myself on the back:lol:) - my brain has changed (hopefully forever:rolleyes2:)

My trainer said yesterday as I was pushing thru - (had to do 100 reps on some machine where the weights are on your shoulders and you squat and push up) that he could tell my deterimation in my face as I was shaking my head no - i can't do anymore - but i would - you gotta work thru the burn - Trainers are really great motivators - do you know that for that one hour you don't think about work, home etc - you are talking to your guy/girl and your mind is totally in a whole nother place - it is really enjoyable - I think once my 3 months 2xweek is up - I will still keep him once a week - I will make room in my budget somehow..

Well, better see what's on my desk for the day

Later chickie...

Gee.... where is everyone this morning??

You're doing so good!! So close to your goal and doing so great with your exercise. That good lookin' trainer has got to be a motivator in itself!! You definitely need to keep him! That reminded me of an incident from a couple of years ago. My niece had started dating a guy (she's a single Mom), and after a month or so she decided she better tell her little girl who was about 8 at the time. So she says, "Emma, I'm dating a native American guy." And with no questions or further discussion, Emma says, "Can we keep him???" I got such a kick out of that! I often think of it!

Your potato salad sounds wonderful..... except for the olives! I'd be picking them out!

Feeling a little weepy this morning, especially when I first woke up, knowing everyone was at Aunt Genny's funeral. I wish there was some way I could've gone... any time but these two weeks when we're on the road!! My Mom & sister said the wake was PACKED OUT yesterday.... my sister estimated 300 people were there! She was a much loved lady who never let any grass grow under her feet!! Until she was too sick to do it, she was volunteering for Meals on Wheels, ushering at a place called Art Park up near Niagara Falls where they do outdoor concerts in the summer, involved in TOPS, investment club, etc.! She & my uncle organized about 6-7 family cruises... aunts, uncles, friends. Whenever we were in port, while most of us were out riding a tour bus somewhere, Aunt Genny would be parasailing, scuba diving, etc. When we took a bus out to see a glacier in Alaska... she took a helicopter ride and landed on it!! I take comfort in the way she lived life to its fullest! We had lots of great times together. Amen. I'll get off that subject.

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are looking forward to spending this weekend with our son and his family and then on Sunday, our youngest daughter and her family will be arriving. We're going to have a fun time!

Gee.... where is everyone this morning??

You're doing so good!! So close to your goal and doing so great with your exercise. That good lookin' trainer has got to be a motivator in itself!! You definitely need to keep him! That reminded me of an incident from a couple of years ago. My niece had started dating a guy (she's a single Mom), and after a month or so she decided she better tell her little girl who was about 8 at the time. So she says, "Emma, I'm dating a native American guy." And with no questions or further discussion, Emma says, "Can we keep him???" I got such a kick out of that! I often think of it!

Your potato salad sounds wonderful..... except for the olives! I'd be picking them out!

Feeling a little weepy this morning, especially when I first woke up, knowing everyone was at Aunt Genny's funeral. I wish there was some way I could've gone... any time but these two weeks when we're on the road!! My Mom & sister said the wake was PACKED OUT yesterday.... my sister estimated 300 people were there! She was a much loved lady who never let any grass grow under her feet!! Until she was too sick to do it, she was volunteering for Meals on Wheels, ushering at a place called Art Park up near Niagara Falls where they do outdoor concerts in the summer, involved in TOPS, investment club, etc.! She & my uncle organized about 6-7 family cruises... aunts, uncles, friends. Whenever we were in port, while most of us were out riding a tour bus somewhere, Aunt Genny would be parasailing, scuba diving, etc. When we took a bus out to see a glacier in Alaska... she took a helicopter ride and landed on it!! I take comfort in the way she lived life to its fullest! We had lots of great times together. Amen. I'll get off that subject.

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are looking forward to spending this weekend with our son and his family and then on Sunday, our youngest daughter and her family will be arriving. We're going to have a fun time!

OMW - My post didn't post !!!! :eek: So here is what I said for the most part :bolt:

Phyl my heart goes out to you - I can understand being sad about not being able to be at the services - I wish I could do more to help you through this difficult time - Just know that you are near and dear to me and I am sending good thoughts - hugs & prayers your way..

Thanks - As i said before - for me this journey isn't has hard as I thought it would be - except for a few moments - I think maybe I just got it - my ah ha moment and lucky to have restriction.

Yep my trainer is a keeper and great motivater - it's really nice having some one tell you Good Job when you push thru the exercise..

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you - that's great - enjoy your kids & grandkids..

I am going to a Josh Stone concert on Saturday - OH liquid calories - so I am going to have to hit the gym for the next 3 days :eek:

Ok the phone is ringing - gotta go - ck back l8tr

So I just wanted to let people know that I am going to be gone for the next couple of days. We decided we are going to leave tonight and stay in a hotel tonight and tomorrow so that we don't have to get up at 5:00 to leave and drive to the PS consult tomorrow. I want to sleep in tomorrow! I have had two 4AM days this week and I don't want any more! I don't know if I will have internet or not, but will take my laptop with me just incase. Consult tomorrow, married on Saturday! We will post a picture of the two of us together. I think it will be the first time that we will have a decent picture together. I know it is hard to imagine but I didn't like my picture taken when I was fat. I know...the only person in the world, right!

So I just wanted to let people know that I am going to be gone for the next couple of days. We decided we are going to leave tonight and stay in a hotel tonight and tomorrow so that we don't have to get up at 5:00 to leave and drive to the PS consult tomorrow. I want to sleep in tomorrow! I have had two 4AM days this week and I don't want any more! I don't know if I will have internet or not, but will take my laptop with me just incase. Consult tomorrow, married on Saturday! We will post a picture of the two of us together. I think it will be the first time that we will have a decent picture together. I know it is hard to imagine but I didn't like my picture taken when I was fat. I know...the only person in the world, right!

Karri

I think that's a good idea - ya 2 4 a.m. morning :eek:

Keep us posted when you can on the PS consultation

Best Wishes on the Wedding - We are so happy for you :bolt: Can't wait to see the picture.

No I am most likely the only one who didn't hide from the camera while I was fat...

Have a safe trip !!!! Where are you staying on your wedding nite - somewhere nice & fun :eek:

xoxo

Janet aka Band Mommy :eek:

Have fun Karri. Let us know how your PS consult goes and of course your wedding. I know it's low key, but we still want to know. :bolt:

I tried a new recipe today from the site. A 2oz can of chicken and 2 tbsp of Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip. It was yummy! And just the right size. I could've eaten more, but that was the old brain thinking. I have a lot of problems with chicken, but the canned stuff went down no problem.

Calories for those who count - 60 for the chicken and 50 for the spinach dip. The dip is really creamy and had plenty of flavor to it. I sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and it did me nicely. I'm going to try this with other canned foods like tuna, crab and pink salmon to see how good they are.

For those who are interested, here's the thread I got the recipe from:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/creamy-spinach-chicken-salad-55910/

Ruby - that recipe sounds yummy. Gonna have to try it.

Phyll - Have fun with those grand kids. Make to most ot it. Drive carefully when you get back on the road. I know you feel bad about missing the funeral, but Aunt Jenny knows you cared and would be there if you could. She's looking down on you, guiding you home.

Janet - Yeah, nothing like a good looking guy to motivate a person. How old is this guy anyway?

Karri - drive carefully over the mountain,. Good luck Saturday and best wishes and congrats. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Figured out what my BMI is now. When I started the process, it was 43. This morning it was 31.5. Well, I now the know the numbers.........I just have to figure out what the numbers mean. LOL Made myself a Bocaburger in a pita bread...had three bites and it got stuck, big time. Took over an hour to feel halfway decent again.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE. TTYtomorrow.

Janet - Yeah, nothing like a good looking guy to motivate a person. How old is this guy anyway?

Figured out what my BMI is now. When I started the process, it was 43. This morning it was 31.5. Well, I now the know the numbers.........I just have to figure out what the numbers mean. LOL Made myself a Bocaburger in a pita bread...had three bites and it got stuck, big time. Took over an hour to feel halfway decent again.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE. TTYtomorrow.

Kari

He's 43 yrs old

How's your biking doing??? How many miles do you have now...

Well, I went to the gym did 3.25 mile and am hungry - I am usually not hungry this early

It's sure been quite today

Ruby - that dish sounds good - I am goiing to have to try it too..

Ok gotta feed my babies -- will be back later

Figured out what my BMI is now. When I started the process, it was 43. This morning it was 31.5. Well, I now the know the numbers.........I just have to figure out what the numbers mean. LOL

Here's a chart you might find handy. It would be nice if it were broken down a little more instead of 10lb blocks, but it will give you an idea where you stand. :thumbup:

http://walmart.triaddigital.com/Assets/Images/diabetes_BMI_chart.gif

Phyl, I'm glad you told us a little about your aunt. She sounds like a very special person who will be greatly missed. What a blessing that she was a part of your life. I had to miss one of my grandma's funerals too. It was 28 years ago, but I still feel bad that I couldn't be there. That's just really hard.

Janet, You should see the images I have of you and your trainer! You are gunna be one hot chick! I love it that you got your head around all of this. I have to admit that I'm not there yet.

Karri, I'll be thinking about you all weekend. Can't wait to hear from you!

Ruby, Thanks for the recipie. I used to love the Spinach dip on taco chips. Great idea to try a little with meat!

So, in a few hours another weekend begins. There are still piles of snow everywhere, but maybe I'll be able to get out and walk between them. We have another banquet to go to on Saturday, so it will be yet another food fight for me. I'm just so tired of it all, but no chioice, must press on.

Linda and Karri - When you two talk with the PS, don't forget to ask about donating that excess skin. Be someone's Hero. April is National Donate Life, so this is the right time to discuss it with your doctor.

I hope no one minds that I'm getting up on my soap box again about organ donation. I feel that I owe it to my little grand daughter, Jayli.

Just jumping on the Band Wagon with you.... All you girls get out your DONAR cards and fill them out. Keep in your wallet and let your families know of your wishes(as in case of death)..

What a beautiful gift for the living... I have donated my whole body to science (if someone wants it for study)_ or part thereof... Brain, eyes, skin, tendons, Heart, Lungs(2 people benefit here!), Kidneys (2 lives are saved) Liver....

It is a miracle what the surgeons can do these days. Did you know that you can also be a LIVING donar and stay healthy???? Partial LIver donations are done as you liver can reconstruct part of its own tissue. You can live on one Kidney... Skin is a wonderful example too..

Be tested for Blood donation , You can give every three months and it is almost painless... Bone Marrow Donar can be done LIVE.... also You can donate just PLATLETS...

We can all give the gift of life, now and in the future.

Climbing back down now and going to work.:smile:

Hey Gang!

I just wanted to update you on my personal trainer experience so far. I love her! She has been working me and I am so proud of myself. She is a huge encourager and motivator. You gotta love it. I just got back this morning from our session. Yes, I feel it. But it's soooo worth it.

This weekend, I will definitely be MIA. I will be going to my Mary Kay Career Conference in Baltimore, MD. I'm so excited! I love my Mary Kay. I'm bringing a lot of my own food/snacks to stay on track. I've even packed my workout clothes for at the hotel! Who would've thought???

Well, ladies, I've gotta run. Gotta get my hair done, get some stockings, and load my car.

Have an awesome weekend!

Hey everyone!!! Its Friday, yay!!! Hope everyone has a fun and of course relaxing weekend planned. I think I'm going to bo doing some major spring cleaning and maybe do some shopping. Phyll, I'm so sorry about your aunt. I know its hard to miss the funeral, I wasnt able to attend my uncles funeral as he passed away a week before Christmas. I felt really bad not being able to bo there for my cousins, but they understood that my work just wouldnt allow me to take the time off so close to the holidays. My aunt told me if anyone understood it was my uncle because he was very dedicated to his work. So im sure that Aunt ginny understand about your travels... as she was also a on her feet type of woman! My thoughts are with you...

Well everyone hope you have a wonderfull Friday!!! Take care!

Good Morning Gang!!! TGIF :cursing::lol:

Linda - As to having my head there yes I think I do - but I am afraid of what the future holds - I know I can't worry about tomorrow - so I just take it one day at a time - I am so scared that the weight will come back on - for me the REAL proof will be 5 yrs from now. I am highly motivated right now - but will I be a year from now:confused:. We all know that if you lose your motivation it's so hard to get back. My trainer said that my sweating is proof that my motabolism is working (I sweat like a freaking pig in my head mostly) So I think that I am just very lucky that exercise is a very big help in losing my weight along with my food choices - I think having major surgery was also a big motivator - when I woke up after surgery - I said WTF have I done :thumbup: I don't like pain... Plus - being single makes my job a little easier - I don't have all the family drama & frustrations (some my bro called last night and we got in a big arguement - but being upset like that doesn't cause me to eat - boredom is/was my biggest challenge) plus I am not going all the time - My trip to Laughlin and our Mall trip will be experiences for me as far as making good food choices and eating out for a whole weekend :blink:- as it stands now I don't eat out that much maybe once a week or really every 2 or 3 weeks.

I wish that I could give you some of my motivation - but hopefully by being a good example I am helping in some way - I know that some of you hold me in high esteem as to my success and that in itself is a big - part of my motivation - just like my trainer telling me good job - That's what I like about our group - we are each others cheer leader - we all need cheering on and to be told GOOD JOB - it is critical in my opinion.

And you know what our families don't always fill that bill - we are taken for granted and as the primary care givers we do all the giving and rarely received the thanks or koedo (sp) for what we do for our family and others - that's why we ate (imho) we give give give and don't always get back - so we rewarded/comforted ourselves with food.

I could be full of it - you all might just think I am just a big wind bag - and just put up with me. I have been told on another thread - that I can be a bit preachy :smile:

Chim - I am with you on the exercise - who would have thunk that we would ever want to exercise - Have fun !!!

Kristin - What kind on shopping ?? Clothes :blushing::tongue: Cleaning good exercise too - especially a deep spring cleaning..

Kari - here is what bmi is all about -

Finding out your body mass index (BMI) is a quick way to figure out if your weight is healthy for your height. Your BMI value is more useful for predicting your health risks than your weight alone, but it's even more useful to treat it as one of many factors that influences your health, including total body fat, waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio.

Body mass index is calculated by this formula, developed by the Belgian statistician Adolphe Quetelet in the nineteenth century:

Using BMI to predict overweight still has its limitations, though. It doesn't take frame size into account, so people with stockier builds may be considered overweight even if they don't have a lot of body fat.

Tests that physically measure body fat and distribution are better than BMI at telling if you are overweight. A skinfold measure, for example, uses a instrument called calipers to measure the thickness of the fat layer on your arm or stomach. A bioelectrical impedance test how easily electricity travels through your body (fatty tissue slows down the current) to estimate what percentage of the body is fat. These tests involve a physical measurement by a trained technician at a gym or doctor's office.

Also, BMI is not a good predictor of overweight for these groups of people:

pixeltrans.gifChildren and teens, because BMI ranges are based on adult heightspixeltrans.gifCompetitive athletes and bodybuilders, because heavier muscle weight may skew the resultspixeltrans.gifPregnant or nursing women, because they need more fat reserves than usualpixeltrans.gifPeople over 65, because even BMI values of 29 do not appear to be unhealthy at this age, and may even be a useful energy reserve in case of illness

Well, since I was so preachy above - I better get my butt to work - it's 8 so will ck back later Happy Friday Everyone