Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d1d3b1d3a-458d-4345-a221-e22b22527e00.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDExLmpwZw_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a001401c892a3%2524d72e00e0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

An old lady was standing at the railing of the cruise ship

holding her hat tight

so that it would not blow away in the wind.

A gentleman approached her and said,

'Pardon me, madam.

I do not intend to be forward

but did you know that your dress

is blowing up in this high wind?'

'Yes, I know,' said the lady.

'I need both my hands

to hold onto this hat.'

'But madam, you must know that you are

not wearing any panties

and your privates are exposed!'

said the gentleman in earnest.

The woman looked down,

then back up at the man

and replied,

'Sir, anything you see down there

is 85 years old.

I just bought this hat yesterday!'

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d1d3b1d3a-458d-4345-a221-e22b22527e00.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDExLmpwZw_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a001401c892a3%2524d72e00e0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

--

Ok next time I will cook it longer !! but heck that's alot of cooking I had it in the oven @ 350 for 1 hrs...

Hi Janet;

Try the microwave method instead. Cut in half, scoop out seeds & discard. Place squash cut side down in a dish or pie plate put in 1/4 cup Water and cover with saran wrap... Cook on high for 8 mins. then check, add another 2-3 minutes until you get it stringy and just right.

It solved my post surgical slow bowel problem (TMI) last night for me. I was dying after the anesthetic... o.k. now.

I am Red, White & Blue on my belly.... does that make me an Honourary American??? LOL :puke:

Phyl - So sorry about your Aunt. Here is a lovely poem for your.

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.< /span>

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.

Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers, etc. And, Mango, the poem is beautiful. I tried to post so many times yesterday and the connection just wasn't strong enough. My Mom is doing okay.. has lots of support (besides dorky Uncle Ed). Bad timing for this as we're pointing the RV north in an hour or so. It was my intention to fly home for the funeral when this happened, but it's just not possible this week. Funeral is Thurs.

Phyl - Hugs again this morning - Have a safe trip home - Congrats on making your Exercise challenge - you go girl you are doing better than me.

Mango - I am not much into celeberities either -

but their is something about him :)- that gets those hormones going:tongue: ...

Nicole - Hey there - looking good congrats on 60 lbs - heck I am really good at taking out double chin in my adobe photo shop - I can take out my wrinkles too :puke: use the smudge tool :biggrin2:

Candice - I will try the micorwave next time - I think the squash may have been a little old - the seeds inside seemed a little dry.. Red White Blue yes you are our adoptive American :)

Happy Tuesday Gang - How is everyone today ??

Well just doing my morning ck in - hope everyone has a good day - I will ck back later...

Phyl - Hugs again this morning - Have a safe trip home - Congrats on making your Exercise challenge - you go girl you are doing better than me.

Mango - I am not much into celeberities either -

but their is something about him :)- that gets those hormones going:tongue: ...

Nicole - Hey there - looking good congrats on 60 lbs - heck I am really good at taking out double chin in my adobe photo shop - I can take out my wrinkles too :puke: use the smudge tool :biggrin2:

Candice - I will try the micorwave next time - I think the squash may have been a little old - the seeds inside seemed a little dry.. Red White Blue yes you are our adoptive American :)

Happy Tuesday Gang - How is everyone today ??

Well just doing my morning ck in - hope everyone has a good day - I will ck back later...

Good Morning! I am amazed.... DH is taking his time this morning! I figured we'd be on the road by now! He's still puttering around in the kitchen. I think it's going to be closer to 9-9:30 a.m. before we get out of here! Only going about 200 miles today, so that's okay. We don't like to do much more than that in a day anyway.

I will have to try that spaghetti squash again. Tried it once a year or so ago....DH did not like cutting it & cooking it!

Nichole....looking good!!

Trace Adkins.... I have a crush on him, too, since Celebrity Apprentice!! Seems like a really nice guy... I couldn't stand that other guy!

Hmmmm... I may have to get Adobe Photo Shop!!

Very kind memories of Aunt Genny from one on my nephews this morning... all the kids associate Aunt Genny with their Lime Lake cottage.. They all learned to fish down there, learned to Water ski, etc and just had a great time with their cousins, etc at Aunt Genny's cottage... and she loved it when we all brought our kids down there. We had many "slumber parites" with kids stacked 3 high on the sofa beds! the men would always stay away!! Our youngest daughter is planning a trip back "home" with her family this summer and one of her first questions.... "can we take the kids down to Aunt Genny's cottage?"

Yes.... I made my exercise challenge for the 2nd month in a row!!

Well, I gotta get off the computer... all of a sudden things are happening...the slides will be coming in on me if I don't move soon!! TTYL... on the road!!

Springtime allergies are in fine form this morning, so not much to say today. I must've sneezed at least 20 times already so it's probably going to be like this all day. :)

Just stopped by to start a new exercise challenge for the month, then I think I'll go shove some tampons up my nose. :puke:

I need to look on the bright side of thing though! At least I can't shove chocolate chip Cookies in my mouth while I'm sneezing. :)

Good Morning! I am amazed.... DH is taking his time this morning! I figured we'd be on the road by now! He's still puttering around in the kitchen. I think it's going to be closer to 9-9:30 a.m. before we get out of here! Only going about 200 miles today, so that's okay. We don't like to do much more than that in a day anyway.

I will have to try that spaghetti squash again. Tried it once a year or so ago....DH did not like cutting it & cooking it!

Nichole....looking good!!

Trace Adkins.... I have a crush on him, too, since Celebrity Apprentice!! Seems like a really nice guy... I couldn't stand that other guy!

Hmmmm... I may have to get Adobe Photo Shop!!

Very kind memories of Aunt Genny from one on my nephews this morning... all the kids associate Aunt Genny with their Lime Lake cottage.. They all learned to fish down there, learned to Water ski, etc and just had a great time with their cousins, etc at Aunt Genny's cottage... and she loved it when we all brought our kids down there. We had many "slumber parites" with kids stacked 3 high on the sofa beds! the men would always stay away!! Our youngest daughter is planning a trip back "home" with her family this summer and one of her first questions.... "can we take the kids down to Aunt Genny's cottage?"

Yes.... I made my exercise challenge for the 2nd month in a row!!

Well, I gotta get off the computer... all of a sudden things are happening...the slides will be coming in on me if I don't move soon!! TTYL... on the road!!

Have a safe trip home Phyl, don't be too much of a back seat driver for your hubby LOL

Is he good on the road or does he get 'crabby' while he drives? My DH is fine as long as I don't ask to stop and pee, or see a historical site along the way... He is a point A to Point B driver...

Me I like to doddle along the route and see new sites.

I said goodbye to a patient of mine yest. she graduated from her laser therapy for Smoking Cessation. She was down to 1 cig per day from 25, so I told her she just needed a wee nudge in the right direction. I asked her where her smokes were... She said "Oh, in my purse"... so I asked her if she was ready to hand them over to me... I have this huge collection of everyone's old cigarettes on the shelf in my office. I am so proud of her, she has smoked for 40 yrs.

I've enjoyed meeting her (treating her) and I invited her to drop by the office anytime to say hello... so I hope she does that.

My tummy is still tender, I put on a girdle today, may give me more support... I only took 1 pain pill yesterday, and I think I may take another before I head off to work.

I went grocery shopping this a.m. picked up a box of frozen chicken and though Augh!!! not smart incision really pulling. :lol: But that's a good thing as i am sure its a sign of healing...

When can I go for my first fill???? Do I have to wait for all bruising to subside???

Hey gang. I'm at work, so I can't post too much right now. Just a little busy.

Just wanted to send my hugs and prayers to Auntie Phyl. I'm so sorry for your loss. But it sounds like your family is dealing well with it - remembering all the positive/good things. :unsure:

About the bat wings, I think I have some forming. Not cool.

OHHHH!! Guess who got a personal trainer?!?!? ME! :lol: I'm so excited. Today is my first session w/her. It should be awesome!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I will drop in later tonight to tell you how my first session went.

Hey gang. I'm at work, so I can't post too much right now. Just a little busy.

Just wanted to send my hugs and prayers to Auntie Phyl. I'm so sorry for your loss. But it sounds like your family is dealing well with it - remembering all the positive/good things. :unsure:

About the bat wings, I think I have some forming. Not cool.

OHHHH!! Guess who got a personal trainer?!?!? ME! :lol: I'm so excited. Today is my first session w/her. It should be awesome!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I will drop in later tonight to tell you how my first session went.

Great news on the trainer!! Money well spent - Janet swears by hers!! :tt1:

So I have decided that my fill is still too tight. We have been told that we are supposed to finish our meal in 20-30 minutes. But in order for me to get in everything that I am supposed to it is taking me at least an hour to eat because everything under the sun is getting stuck!:unsure: I got stuck on YOGURT this morning. How in the world does that happen? Then trying to get in my high Fiber Cereal took about an hour and I did have that much. GRRRRRRR... My snack went down alright, but here I sit trying to eat my quiche for lunch and I feel like I am swallowing an elephant. I am really hoping that it loosens up soon because I don't have very many sick days and I need to save them in case something really comes up. Right now it is just an inconvenience.

Nicole - Vegas can be fun, I just didn't like living there. We were supposed to go down there for vacation at the end of the school year but with the upcoming Tummy Tuck and my soon to be hubby taking 2 months off of work to take care of me we just aren't going to make it. I would really like to go back as a visitor. It really can't be as bad as I remember it!:lol:

Ruby - That is one of the very few things I like about where we live - no allergies. There is nothing growing over here to be allergic to. But I guess if it takes sneezes to resist the Cookies, I am glad you have allergies:tt2:!

Jackie - nice job on the cheese cake. My DF and I bought 2 small slices of cheesecake the other night but I only ate 3 or 4 bites cause I didn't really like it. before I would have eaten it anyways but now it just isn't worth it. Huge NSV for me!

Peaches - Thanks for the tip on the spag squash. The same thing happened to me that happened to Janet...it was too crunchy! As for a new fill, YIKES I would think that would hurt! That is why I am going to have my fill almost totally removed before my TT because I don't want to end up too tight and have them sticking that big ol' needle in my belly when I am sore.

Chim - I sometimes wish that I had gotten a personal trainer. I think right now...what is the point, but maybe after I heal from the TT and am ready to focus on sculpting that I might need to.

Janet - Hope your day is going well. You are right about hating being the fat chick. I have always been incredibly shy and refused to talk in front of people unless I KNEW exactly what I was going to say. I could give a presentation or a lecture because I had prepared it but just joining in on a discussion or group participation I refused to do because I always figured if I said something that wasn't right that they would think I was stupid AND fat. At least if I kept my mouth shut they would just think I was fat. Not much self esteem. I am happy to report that I am starting to have some self esteem and confidence. It is an odd feeling as I have never had it my entire life.

Well I have copies to make and activities to prepare for tomorrow so I had best get busy. I would like to NOT have to come in at 5AM tomorrow. I miss my sleep during spring break!

Karri, yeah it is fun, and I wouldn't want to live there at all. We usually go for about 3 nights just about every 18 months and that's just about all we can handle. :lol:

At Flying J truck stop filling up ($125 and we weren't anywhere close to empty!!), having lunch (tuna sandwich!!

:lol:)and then moving on. We were going to stop in this area for the night, but too early yet. Maybe about 2pm. Gotta go... trying to get my $5 worth of internet time!! Mail won't download and having trouble getting Lucky 7 page to load!!

Are we still alive? I've been trying to get here all day but kept getting an error message. It says Phyl was the last to post at 3.31. I just read Janet's PM and decided to come check it out and I can read here, so lets find out if I can post. :thumbup:

Yay!!! Our thread is working!!!! Finaly at 9:15 at night... i was going through withdrawls! haha Well hope everyone had a good day... Nighty night!