Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies :wave:

It seems like forever since I've been here and I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I tried to come by last night but I kept getting a message saying they were doing some kind of service and to try again in 30 minutes. I gave up at 11:30 and took myself to bed. :tongue2:

I've had a roller coaster week. My surgery was uneventful and I was on top of the world from the moment they woke me from surgery. :biggrin2: It was wonderful to look down and see the girls both the same size (even though my new one was a little high and boxy looking). I feel so much better now that I'm evened out! It was very strange that my breast with the implant felt and looked so much more natural that my unfilled breast until this recent surgery.

I slept a LOT last week. I would sleep a full 10 hours at night, and then have one or two naps during the day for an hour or more. :scared2: I took all my medication religiously and that's probably what kept knocking me out. :wink2:

The only trouble is, during my conscious moments, I was ravenous for chocolate! I've never been a big fan of chocolate and I usually only eat it if it's got nuts or something else in it. Well...... *psyches myself up for the walk of shame* I had bought 3 packs of marshmallow chocolate eggs (6 in a pack) for Easter for my son to share with his friends. I ate them all. :blushing::wink2::blushing::wink2: Not all in one sitting, but over the period of a week, I snuck off to the freezer and stole them one, two or three at a time. :sad: I couldn't stop myself. I should have told my husband what was happening and he would have stopped me, but I didn't want to. I wanted them. I ate them. I ate them all till they were gone. I would probably be munching on one now if there were any more left. :sneaky:

I almost told my husband last night what I'd done but I couldn't stand to see the "What? I don't understand?" look in his eye. Telling you all here helps me get that guilt off my chest. And I know that even though I can't see your faces when you read this, there isn't that "Why?" look on your face or lack of understanding. You understand what drove me to sabotage myself because you've all been there before. *sigh*

So I wasn't able to exercise for a week because of the surgery and I guess it was all the excuse I needed to fall completely off the wagon. :smile:

Yesterday I picked myself up out of the gutter again! I took my son to see the movie Spiderwick. The theatre is a little over a mile away and we walked there and back. It was good exercise. I let him wear my iPod and it stopped him from complaining the entire way because he was listening to music all the way there and back. :wink2: Then last night I took myself to the gym and did half an hour on the treadmill. I downloaded some new tunes to get me motivated; Ricky Martin's Living La Vida Loca and shake your Bon Bon :lol: and some other kind of salsa-type tunes and fooled myself into believing I could shake my bon bon like the girls in his video do! :lol: Well it worked and I tell you, that time on the treadmill felt so much sweeter than any of those marshmallow eggs I ate the previous week! I imagined myself walking further and further away from those eggs and the power they had over me got weaker and weaker. Why oh why can't I be that strong all the time? :bored:

I got on the scales this morning for the first time in a week and I'm 183. Prior to surgery I was 178. To be honest I was expecting it to be higher, given my bad behaviour, the medication, the surgery, the weight of the implant, the lack of exercise. I expected 186-187. I'm thankful I've only gained 5lbs.

Have I failed? Not in your life. I've had a setback. I'm not a winner every day of my life. I shouldn't expect to be. I'm a winner today though! One day at a time. :biggrin2:

Good Afternoon Gang

The site has been down all morning....

Kristin - Glad your baby is better... I have a scale - it cost about $100 got it at Bed Bath & Beyond - It gives all the info like carb - calorie - Protein - saulter I think - I don't remember it - I will look tonite. Phyl had one but i didn't know what kind it was - the only thing I really got it for was calories and protein cuz that's all I count

Linda - Sorry you picked up the bug - I went to the doctors today cuz my ear is plugged and I sure and the hell don't want an earache - earaches and toothache are the very worst pain in the whole wide world - they gave me - 7 days of Levaquin 500 mg - Mucinex - Advair inhaler - why i don't know last night coughed a little but no biggy - it's my head that is just all plugged..

food and celebrations - If they don't need all this fattening food why don't you just plan a liter menu - aren't they supportive of your band?? If it's at your house then I would think you could have a little bit of control - If you don't have little kids why have the frickin candy at all - doesn't sound like the adults need it.. Step up and put your foot down - get them on the band wagon and prepare your sister for what her new life is going to be like. That being said I had last meal mentality from 5/31 until 7/8 the day my preop diet started...

Well, It's time to eat - I will ck back later

Hi ladies :wave:

It seems like forever since I've been here and I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I tried to come by last night but I kept getting a message saying they were doing some kind of service and to try again in 30 minutes. I gave up at 11:30 and took myself to bed. :tongue2:

I've had a roller coaster week. My surgery was uneventful and I was on top of the world from the moment they woke me from surgery. :biggrin2: It was wonderful to look down and see the girls both the same size (even though my new one was a little high and boxy looking). I feel so much better now that I'm evened out! It was very strange that my breast with the implant felt and looked so much more natural that my unfilled breast until this recent surgery.

I slept a LOT last week. I would sleep a full 10 hours at night, and then have one or two naps during the day for an hour or more. :scared2: I took all my medication religiously and that's probably what kept knocking me out. :wink2:

The only trouble is, during my conscious moments, I was ravenous for chocolate! I've never been a big fan of chocolate and I usually only eat it if it's got nuts or something else in it. Well...... *psyches myself up for the walk of shame* I had bought 3 packs of marshmallow chocolate eggs (6 in a pack) for Easter for my son to share with his friends. I ate them all. :blushing::wink2::blushing::wink2: Not all in one sitting, but over the period of a week, I snuck off to the freezer and stole them one, two or three at a time. :sad: I couldn't stop myself. I should have told my husband what was happening and he would have stopped me, but I didn't want to. I wanted them. I ate them. I ate them all till they were gone. I would probably be munching on one now if there were any more left. :sneaky:

I almost told my husband last night what I'd done but I couldn't stand to see the "What? I don't understand?" look in his eye. Telling you all here helps me get that guilt off my chest. And I know that even though I can't see your faces when you read this, there isn't that "Why?" look on your face or lack of understanding. You understand what drove me to sabotage myself because you've all been there before. *sigh*

So I wasn't able to exercise for a week because of the surgery and I guess it was all the excuse I needed to fall completely off the wagon. :smile:

Yesterday I picked myself up out of the gutter again! I took my son to see the movie Spiderwick. The theatre is a little over a mile away and we walked there and back. It was good exercise. I let him wear my iPod and it stopped him from complaining the entire way because he was listening to music all the way there and back. :wink2: Then last night I took myself to the gym and did half an hour on the treadmill. I downloaded some new tunes to get me motivated; Ricky Martin's Living La Vida Loca and shake your Bon Bon :lol: and some other kind of salsa-type tunes and fooled myself into believing I could shake my bon bon like the girls in his video do! :lol: Well it worked and I tell you, that time on the treadmill felt so much sweeter than any of those marshmallow eggs I ate the previous week! I imagined myself walking further and further away from those eggs and the power they had over me got weaker and weaker. Why oh why can't I be that strong all the time? :bored:

I got on the scales this morning for the first time in a week and I'm 183. Prior to surgery I was 178. To be honest I was expecting it to be higher, given my bad behaviour, the medication, the surgery, the weight of the implant, the lack of exercise. I expected 186-187. I'm thankful I've only gained 5lbs.

Have I failed? Not in your life. I've had a setback. I'm not a winner every day of my life. I shouldn't expect to be. I'm a winner today though! One day at a time. :biggrin2:

Ruby - I totally get it - My gs bday way Tues - i ate one cupcake that night (allowable - bday celebration) But last night ate the top half of another.. :eek: Wanted more - you know sugar aka our heroin - calls us - but thankfully for my band all I could eat was 1/2 the cupcake - the bad half with the frosting - but still only 1/2 were as before I would have eaten 3 or 4 cupcakes..

Good choice not really - but not that bad either cuz I was still in my calorie budget for the day...

I love choc covered marshmellow.. I am sure glad I don't have little ones to have to buy the junk for - It really is a blessing for me - cuz when I was in walgreens the other day - those reese peanutbutter eggs were calling my name.... I am so thankful cuz those would be eaten by me and the whole frickin bag...

Yep you are now back on the road to recovery both phyically and mentally...

I am glad your girls are fixed and looking good..

Does anyone have recomendations for a kitchen scale? I want to get one and didnt know if I should just get a cheepy... or invest in something a little nicer.

Don't remember the brand name, but ours is from Target. I think we paid around $20-30. It doesn't do as much as Janet's does, but it's a pretty good one.

Speaking of nurses: Oh Phyl, Where are you? I'm going to be happy when you get home and start posting regularly again.

Hi, Linda,

thanks for missing me!! Internet here at the park has been pretty much DOWN all week. I'm at our park library using it now. seems to be working on this side of the park!! We leave for home April 1st.. but probably won't actually be there until the 15th. We're stopping at our son's for a few days in the bay area. Youngest daughter will be there with her family on the 6th, so we're celebrating DH's 65th birthday!! Then we're going on to Bodega Bay with them... about 50 miles north of San Francisco. We'll camp there until the 10th and then head home. But I have an appt for a fill on the 14th, so we'll stay in a campground south of Seattle to be closer to the dr's office and go home the next day. The winter sure went by fast!! Heard today that it's 40 degrees and raining in Seattle today! Go figure!! We will stay here longer next year!!

Glad you're feeling better Janet! I'm afraid that walk in the cold wind Saturday night probably didn't help any!!

I've been here for a couple of hours I think, catching up on my email, bills, Scrabble games!! So, sorry I don't have time to respond to ALL of you... I've had PAGES of posts to read and no time to check my other threads!! I MISS all of you when I can't get on here!! TTYL!! HUGS!!

Glad you're feeling better Janet! I'm afraid that walk in the cold wind Saturday night probably didn't help any!!

I've been here for a couple of hours I think, catching up on my email, bills, Scrabble games!! So, sorry I don't have time to respond to ALL of you... I've had PAGES of posts to read and no time to check my other threads!! I MISS all of you when I can't get on here!! TTYL!! HUGS!!

I really think it was from Sunday at the bday party I went to it was this house out in the middle of the desert - and the wind was blowing - who knows - just waiting for the meds to kick in - I hate this plugged up ear...

I think that your neighbor really was inconsiderate when they decided to go to the Salton Sea...:( How rude to leave you without internet :eek::embaressed_smile:

xoxox

J

Thank you Phyl and Janet for the info on the scales. I'm going to have to go check them out and see what looks good for a good price. =)

Salter Nutri-Weigh Dietary Computer scale 1450 Review: Powered by ConsumerGuide and HowStuffWorks

This is the scale I have ... I know now after 8 months how much fish is a serving and the approx calories & pt gram - so i now only use it when I am eating something diff - but since i eat the same stuff 24/7 - I don't use it as much as i did in the beginning...

I think that your neighbor really was inconsiderate when they decided to go to the Salton Sea...:( How rude to leave you without internet :eek::embaressed_smile:

xoxox

J

No kidding!! They called today and now they are a little miffed at our neighbor across the street. I told them that the neighbors are in the process of moving in to one of the double wide mobiles so they wanted to know if they were going to sell the park model. I told them it is already sold! They had a few choice words to say as according to them, THEY were promised first dibs on the park model!! Some Canadians we don't know bought it after our other neighbors decided they couldn't take retirement funds out right now with the market in such a slump. So, we're not moving in to that nice spot we showed you either! Maybe something will come up in the fall when we come back.

I'm back at LBT because my email is taking so long to download. Actually, I bet Microsoft is downloading a big nasty automatic update that is slowing down my system because it shouldn't take 3 hours for 188 emails to download!!

That's probably what broke my internet browser earlier this week!! If it does it again I'm going to be plenty mad. I had to do a system restore and so I lost my tax software and just had to reload it! I'm ready to get outside and sit in the sun and have my wine and my afternoon snack!!! WAH WAH WAH!!!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA...Life is something, you know?

I've missed ya'll. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up. I've been having some pain w/my band and had to get a slight unfill and an upper GI done. They didn't find anything except a little acid reflux. That's kinda weird b/c I don't have any symptoms of heartburn/reflux. But, I've been taking Prevacid and it seems to be working. So, I will be going back in to get a fill soon.

To be honest, since the slight unfill, I have been eating whatever. I need to get back on track. So, I've gone back to liquids and mushies for a few days. Hopefully that will be enough to kick start my brain again. I've stopped exercising regularly, too. I'm so angry w/myself. :(

I'm down about 50lbs total. I know it would be more if I would've stayed on track. I'm a bit down on myself. Everyone keeps saying that I look like I'm losing more weight, but I don't think so. :embaressed_smile:

I should be back on here more often now...I need your support and encouragement!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA...Life is something, you know?

I've missed ya'll. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up. I've been having some pain w/my band and had to get a slight unfill and an upper GI done. They didn't find anything except a little acid reflux. That's kinda weird b/c I don't have any symptoms of heartburn/reflux. But, I've been taking Prevacid and it seems to be working. So, I will be going back in to get a fill soon.

To be honest, since the slight unfill, I have been eating whatever. I need to get back on track. So, I've gone back to liquids and mushies for a few days. Hopefully that will be enough to kick start my brain again. I've stopped exercising regularly, too. I'm so angry w/myself. :(

I'm down about 50lbs total. I know it would be more if I would've stayed on track. I'm a bit down on myself. Everyone keeps saying that I look like I'm losing more weight, but I don't think so. :embaressed_smile:

I should be back on here more often now...I need your support and encouragement!

Hey girl, nice to see you agian! It's been awhile but you are always welcome ya know.

50lbs is wonderful, and you can get back on track now... we will be here working with you.

I have stalled and am getting "new" equipment next Friday. Either a new tubing and port or a whole new band.. Depends on what he finds once in there..But I am not holding saline completely...

But I am not giving up, I even dragged teh Rowing Machine out and put it in front of the TV yest. Did 10 mins. I know thats not much, but its a start!!!

Hey girl, nice to see you agian! It's been awhile but you are always welcome ya know.

50lbs is wonderful, and you can get back on track now... we will be here working with you.

I have stalled and am getting "new" equipment next Friday. Either a new tubing and port or a whole new band.. Depends on what he finds once in there..But I am not holding saline completely...

But I am not giving up, I even dragged teh Rowing Machine out and put it in front of the TV yest. Did 10 mins. I know thats not much, but its a start!!!

Thanks! I am gonna get back on track. I'm committed to myself and my health. I haven't come this far for nothing!

Sorry about having to get new equipment. I'm sure you will keep us posted.

I'm glad to hear that you're not giving up, either!!! That's right, get to rowing. And yes, 10 mins is a start. And that's how it all begins. 10 mins today and you'll work up from there. I need to get back in the gym. I was going faithfully every morning and some evenings to various classes. I've just completely stopped.

Tell me to get my butt back in gear!!!

Hey there Chim - So Great to hear from you...

I am sorry that you have had a little set back - but like someone said - we aren't perfect - the only thing we can do - is pick ourselves up and keep on truckin forward.

Ok - Get your A$$ back to the gym - I just don't allow myself to stop going - I fight with myself daily as I drive home from work - to go or not to go - well I know if I stop going - I will get out of the habit and then trying to get re-motivated - ya been there done that - so I just don't stop. I allow myself 2 days off - I don't always make 5 days - lately its been more like 3-4 days a week depending on life.

Clean the house of all the junk and get back on healthy eating - drinking your Water - You can not allow yourself to slip back into your old eating habits - Even being tight I can eat almost everything - heck you have already read I have had 1 1/2 cup cakes in the last 2 days - but that's it - my 2% -

That how I manage this whole issue - I eat healthy 98% of the time and allow myself 2% of treats - I don't feel deprived.

You can do this - I know you can - how's your body bugg - are you still using it - Jackie here has one too...

I hope your little bump in the road "Life" wasn't too bad - I understand those things...

Welcome Back WE ARE HERE FOR YOU....

Peaches

CONGRATS on getting that rowing machine out - 10 minutes - I bet I couldn't even do that - you go girl - I hate that you have to have surgery again - but hopefully this time you will get a band that works... With the restriction & excercise - you are going to be one hot momma

Chim, I'm glad you checked in and that you're getting back on track. It is a constant battle, isn't it? 50 pounds is still 50 pounds, and that's a huge change from last year! You just took a little break, but now you're back. You're not alone in this--we need you too.

Peaches--Be sure to keep us posted as to your surgery next week. I'm so glad that you're not giving up. Row away!

Hey Gang

I tried to post this morning - but the pages were loading slower than a turtle

so I gave up..

How is everyone today - I had today off 36_1_33.gif - I didn't exercise cuz I am a tad still under the weather - Went and donated 8 or 9 bags of clothes to Martha's Village - Dropped off my Taxes - Broke a deal - I bought a skirt & blouse - then to target - groceries - home - made some turkey chilli ate a cup and vaccumed and now on the computer..

Were is everyone today ??? Last night I had to bag up the cupcakes I made grandson for his bday as they were calling to me - so put them in zip lock and said here put these in your room - today when shopping wanted to by cheesecake for gs for easter - but put it back cuz I would have eaten it.

Since I am not feeling hot - I want to eat and as we all know the bad stuff goes down too easily....

Ok no one has mentioned the recent changes to the site... now when you go look at someones profile it shows new stuff - I added you all as friends but don't know what you have to do on your side - have any of you gotten anything requesting friendship - I know phyl did cuz she is shown as a friend. I haven't ck'd today to see if I have new friends - last time was just wassa & phyl...

Well, my babies go to the groomer at 7:30 a.m. - so tomorrow will be an early day - hopefully will go to the gym after I drop them off... I got a 40% coupon for coldwater creek - may just have to ck it out:tongue:

Ok - I will ck back later....

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS