Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning family,

I have my breast surgery booked for March 12. I'm excited. :biggrin2: It'll be great to get my girls evened up again. I've been very self-conscious of the fact that I'm lop-sided, even though I have a prosthesis to put inside my bra to fix things up. Sometimes I forget to put it in before I leave the apartment and I'm walking around with my left hand resting on my right shoulder to cover up my smaller breast. I'm just glad it's finally getting fixed and should be healed (*touch wood*) in time for summer.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to spending time by the pool for the first time in years. Decades. I can even look at bathing suits and not cringe. I'll never be able to wear a bikini, and I probably wouldn't be able to get away with anything that doesn't have that skirt part in the front. But there'll be more of a choice for me this time around. I won't feel like I'm buying a suit that my grandmother would wear. :blushing::huh2:

I'm feeling so much better since I got a slight unfill. I'm not struggling to get fluids down. Although I do still have problems with cold Water. I have to drink it at room temperature and it doesn't taste nearly as nice as when it's cold. :wub: I managed a few soft vegetables and the sauce from the beef stew I made yesterday. I adore my slow cooker! And they went down without any problems. I could feel after about 1/4 cup that I'd had enough though. I would have liked to have eaten more, but didn't want another setback with PBing. My appetite is making an appearance again *boooooo!*, but I expected that.

So I was always of the belief that I ate whenever I got bored. Well with the overtight restriction I had, when I was bored there was no way I could have even contemplated getting food inside me. Even a slider food like ice cream. So now I'm confused because that's one theory or excuse that I can't use. I can be bored and not eat. :smile2: I need to find another strategy when my boredom hits. Obviously I can go without food. I need a diversion every time I think of reaching for a snack. That means making rules for myself. It's how I get my daily intake of water in. My rule is to take a sip out of my bottle each time I bring up a new window if I'm online, or each time I finish a chapter in my book if I'm reading, or each time an ad break comes on the television if I'm watching that. I just need to find the right rule....... Hm, I'll think on that one a little bit.

Well, that's just ramblings from my widdle head for the morning. Off to do chores! :unsure: Heh, if only I were THAT enthusiastic about it. :ohmy:

Good Morning Gang...

It's Thursday - Only 1 more day of work - This Sunday is my baby GD b-day - she will be 4 - going to Chuckie Cheesee (big whoop - I hate their pizza and I get to spend the afternoon with the Other GM - She is ok - but she is a big talker - i mean non-stop - I am so glad that my DIL isn't like that)

OK just wondering here with all the talk about breast reduction (well except for our girl Ruby :wub:) I was just thinking out loud here - maybe I could call my breast lift a reduction - heck they are d's but totally deflated d's:biggrin: they hang so bad that the nipple should be in the middle not the bottom:biggrin: - couldn't we call that a reduction - heck they would have to cut half the boob off - I would be happy with a full c.. Might have to ck that out.. I can complain about pain - that's easy enought...

Katrina - Hope you are feeling better soon !!!!

Jackie - Proud of you girl for going to the gym :blushing: Glad to hear you have such a good relationship with your PA.

OK not much to report on - so just wanted to say Good Morning - Will ck back later...

OK just wondering here with all the talk about breast reduction (well except for our girl Ruby :wub:) I was just thinking out loud here - maybe I could call my breast lift a reduction - heck they are d's but totally deflated d's:biggrin: they hang so bad that the nipple should be in the middle not the bottom:biggrin: - couldn't we call that a reduction - heck they would have to cut half the boob off - I would be happy with a full c.. Might have to ck that out.. I can complain about pain - that's easy enought...

Yes absolutely it could be called a reduction! You should make an appointment to talk about a reduction and mention the lift as an afterthought. Or better yet, wait until the surgeon does. Any PS worth their salt isn't simply going to make them smaller, they're going to make them look as good as they can.

You can talk about back pain associated with them and how that seems to increase when you exercise. The more weight you lose, the more loose and out of control they become. :unsure: Whatever you need to say to get to where you need to be. :blushing:

Good Morning, Gang!

Just checking in. I seem to be able to get online for a few minutes early in the day and then again at night. Although, yesterday afternoon when it was nice and hot (around 80 degrees, I think), everyone must have been outside playing because I got on for a little while. But I wanted to sit outside in the sun, too, so I wasn't on for long.

Scale didn't move this week.... frustrating, but that's okay. We have one more month here before we go home, so I'm already trying to contact my doctor's office to get an appointment for a fill. It's a process!! The old, give me your number and they'll call you back... the nurse is busy!! Yeah, right. So I have to keep calling until they realize I'm serious and I won't go away until I get an appointment!! That's why I started already so I can get a mid-April appointment! Some days I seem to have plenty of restriction, others I know I"m not tight enough. I've exercised more this month than I have all winter. I'm eating the right things... Okay, I did eat some "fair food" last weekend, and had 2 1/2 "big girl glasses" of wine the other day... that could account for no loss this week. As I told Janet, I did okay at the fair at lunch time, but then DH bought a funnel cake and I ate about 1/3 of it. So much for my THREE BITE RULE! Oh, we went to a small luncheon the other day, too. That didn't help. I had chicken breast, chef salad, a little fruit salad (lady said it was "wheat salad", whatever that is), some carrots. Then dessert was served... homemade lemon pie with graham cracker crust. I DID follow my three bite rule with that, then when no one was looking, slid the rest onto DH's plate! Pretty slick. No one saw it. And hopefully didn't notice I then appeared to be the first one done!! Wow!! She must have sucked that thing down!

Okay, I better sign off before I lose my connection and my whole post goes away!!

MISS YOU ALL, but I read all the posts whenever I can get online. Just don't always then have time to answer!

Good Morning, Gang!

Just checking in. I seem to be able to get online for a few minutes early in the day and then again at night. Although, yesterday afternoon when it was nice and hot (around 80 degrees, I think), everyone must have been outside playing because I got on for a little while. But I wanted to sit outside in the sun, too, so I wasn't on for long.

Scale didn't move this week.... frustrating, but that's okay. We have one more month here before we go home, so I'm already trying to contact my doctor's office to get an appointment for a fill. It's a process!! The old, give me your number and they'll call you back... the nurse is busy!! Yeah, right. So I have to keep calling until they realize I'm serious and I won't go away until I get an appointment!! That's why I started already so I can get a mid-April appointment! Some days I seem to have plenty of restriction, others I know I"m not tight enough. I've exercised more this month than I have all winter. I'm eating the right things... Okay, I did eat some "fair food" last weekend, and had 2 1/2 "big girl glasses" of wine the other day... that could account for no loss this week. As I told Janet, I did okay at the fair at lunch time, but then DH bought a funnel cake and I ate about 1/3 of it. So much for my THREE BITE RULE! Oh, we went to a small luncheon the other day, too. That didn't help. I had chicken breast, chef salad, a little fruit salad (lady said it was "wheat salad", whatever that is), some carrots. Then dessert was served... homemade lemon pie with graham cracker crust. I DID follow my three bite rule with that, then when no one was looking, slid the rest onto DH's plate! Pretty slick. No one saw it. And hopefully didn't notice I then appeared to be the first one done!! Wow!! She must have sucked that thing down!

Okay, I better sign off before I lose my connection and my whole post goes away!!

MISS YOU ALL, but I read all the posts whenever I can get online. Just don't always then have time to answer!

Ok I just ordered this thought I would try it - I read about it in Good Housekeeping last night - Fiber Gourmet Light Pasta - 130 c vs 210 - per good housekeeping - doesn't taste exactly like pasta - but really close and is suppose to be good - I ordered the sampler - 23 bucks incl shipping and I think I get 4 or 5 diff kinds - I will let you know how it is.. Heck it's worth a try - 20 grms fiber - 7 grms Protein - 130 calories ....

FiberGourmet: The world's only guilt-free pasta - low calorie, high fiber.

I think the plastic surgeon said he has to take 1lb out of each for the insurance to pay.

Janet - if you can't get the reduction you can get tatoo's of nipples where there supposed to me. LOL

I think the plastic surgeon said he has to take 1lb out of each for the insurance to pay.

Janet - if you can't get the reduction you can get tatoo's of nipples where there supposed to me. LOL

Denise - you are to frickin funny - :thumbup::lol::):lol::lol::lol::lol:

so I am going to look like a freak with 2 dog ear boobs with 4 nipples..:lol::lol:

I read about it in Good Housekeeping last night - Fiber Gourmet Light Pasta - 130 c vs 210 - per good housekeeping - doesn't taste exactly like pasta - but really close and is suppose to be good

You can be out taste tester. :biggrin2: It sure looks like pasta. I don't think I've really missed pasta. I miss rice because I used to eat a lot of it with sushi. Now I can only manage a couple of spoonfuls.

AS OF TODAY

I AM OFFICALLY JUST OVER WEIGHT

I AM NO LONGER MORBITY OBESE

(which I was when I started this journey)

I AM NOT EVEN OBESE

THE WORD OBESE

NO LONGER APPLIES TO ME

I AM JUST OVERWEIGHT !!!!

:thumbup::lol::)

:lol::Banane10::lol:

AS OF TODAY

I AM OFFICALLY JUST OVER WEIGHT

I AM NO LONGER MORBITY OBESE

(which I was when I started this journey)

I AM NOT EVEN OBESE

THE WORD OBESE

NO LONGER APPLIES TO ME

I AM JUST OVERWEIGHT !!!!

:thumbup::lol::)

:lol::Banane10::lol:

YEAH!!!! We are the overweight mom and daughter duo!!! I know how great it felt when I got there. I would do a flip for you, but that just isn't going to happen!

Congrats!

Yeah Janet!!!!! I'm tooting all over the place for you!!!

I really feel bad if I hurt someones feelings with my tooting comment. Sometimes the diarrhea of the mouth is out of control!

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait til the day!!!!!

Thanks Ruby & Karri

Karri running is just as good as a flip - and you can do that:thumbup:

I had posted and I looked at my ticker and it said 29.9 and I thought I think you have hit a mile stone - so I ck'd the bmi calulator and sure enough..

Yeah Janet!!!!! I'm tooting all over the place for you!!!

I really feel bad if I hurt someones feelings with my tooting comment. Sometimes the diarrhea of the mouth is out of control!

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait til the day!!!!!

Steph - no feelings hurt - I don't think you were saying anything bad about us - Friendlly teasing - come on - don't be so senintive (sp)

I am NOT a humble person - I have always tooted my own horn - my feelings are "if you don't who will "- I am proud of my accomplishements.

Even when I was morbity obese and had a new outfit on i would strut my stuff.. I am a big bold personallity (fat or thin) - I think you already know this about me...