Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

The wildness is on Bourbon Street where I definitely don't go for Mardi Gras. Yes we have King Cake. Actually, the P.E. teacher just walked in with one 5 minutes ago. Hopefully, I will be going to Endymion, our biggest and prettiest parade, tomorrow night. It passes in front of a friend's house. Which makes them Mardi Gras royalty. People actually buy houses just to be on that route. This is the first year since Katrina it goes back to it's original route.

1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif

Come back and tell us what happened!!?? And, someone please tell me what King Cake is??!!

1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif1_4_53.gif

Come back and tell us what happened!!?? And, someone please tell me what King Cake is??!!

You don't know what King Cake is :eek:- it has prizes in it - if you get the piece witht the baby - you have to throw the next party - you must not watch the food channel - i still watch it - When it first came on about 15 yrs ago i watched all the time - but it makes you hungry - so I don't watch it too much anymore - but I still love Paula Dean - Emeril - Gaida (sp) Iron Chef

A king cake (sometimes rendered as kingcake or kings' cake) is a type of cake associated with the festival of Epiphany in the Christmas season in a number of countries, and in other places with Mardi Gras and Carnival. It is popular in Christmas season in France (galette/gâteau des Rois), Portugal (Bolo Rei), Spain (Roscón de Reyes and in Catalonia called tortell), Greece (vasilopita) and Bulgaria (banitsa). In the United States, which celebrates Carnival ranging from Mobile, Alabama to East Texas, centered on New Orleans it is associated instead with Mardi Gras season traditions.

The cakes have a small trinket (often a small plastic baby, sometimes said to represent Baby Jesus) inside, and the person who gets the piece of cake with the trinket has various privileges and obligations.

I have always wanted to go to New Orleans - to eat po-boys - crawdads - gumbo - creole - see the sights... I still want to eat my way across America - I just won't be able to eat as much :biggrin: - Memphis Ribs - Anything Southern - New England Clam Chowder - Maryland Crabs.. I am a food addict:ohmy:

Oh my stars! I don't think I'd be capable of doing any work if I was in one of those. I'd be laughing too much.

That was so funny, thanks for sharing Janet. :eek:

I thought it was super cute - I know we usually don't share this kind of stuff but - I thought you all would enjoy - I really don't know how anyone could work on that chair :biggrin:

I thought it was super cute - I know we usually don't share this kind of stuff but - I thought you all would enjoy - I really don't know how anyone could work on that chair :lol:

Do you think anyone but Ellen would buy one??? :biggrin: :eek:

3_4_22v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

Do you think anyone but Ellen would buy one??? :biggrin: :eek:

3_4_22v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

Love the smiley - goes real well with the chair - I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy the chair - I don't know why anyone would make the chair :lol:

eShop For The Miracle Shirataki Noodle

Forgot where I heard about this site, but... Japanese noodles, 0 calories.

eShop For The Miracle Shirataki Noodle

Forgot where I heard about this site, but... Japanese noodles, 0 calories.

Are they made out of mushrooms or what - o calories and they keep talking about the Fiber in them - it's only like 3 grms - not tons of Fiber - have you tried them???

Well I am almost out of here - will ck back in the morning - gotta go get ready for my concert...

Have a good evening Ladies...

You don't know what King Cake is :eek:- it has prizes in it - if you get the piece witht the baby - you have to throw the next party - you must not watch the food channel - i still watch it - When it first came on about 15 yrs ago i watched all the time - but it makes you hungry - so I don't watch it too much anymore - but I still love Paula Dean - Emeril - Gaida (sp) Iron Chef

I remember it now. The Dean boys did a show in New Orleans and made King Cake. I'm still a big fan of the food channel. I only let myself watch it when I'm not hungry though. I like trying out different recipes on my hubby and son. They're both quite picky eaters, but I can often find gems that'll satisfy them both if I watch for long enough. :biggrin:

Are they made out of mushrooms or what - o calories and they keep talking about the fiber in them - it's only like 3 grms - not tons of fiber - have you tried them???

Well I am almost out of here - will ck back in the morning - gotta go get ready for my concert...

Have a good evening Ladies...

Haven't heard about them until today, so haven't tried them, but tempted to order some. I have tried rice noodles and they were pretty good. When I'm craving spaghetti... we have the sauce over french style green Beans, but real noodles would be better and you can't beat 0 calories!

36_2_64.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNfox000

Whew what a day. Today was grading day so that we could enter our grades in. I am still not done. With the new grading system that a "lucky handful" of us are doing it takes much longer than regular. It really is worth it though. The system seems to be working and I am actually hating my job less. It makes it more meaningful.

Anyways I love my new workout goal. I went to the gym tonight and said that I was only going to do between 30 and 40 minutes. Then as I was working out I realized that the way I have my goal set up I would have to start working in decimals if I didn't do the entire hour. I realized that after teaching scientific/math concepts all day I don't want to come home and do more math, no matter how easy it is. So I figured I would just do the whole hour. Success on the first day. Now if I can keep that attitude up for the next 28 days I should be golden.

Well I am off to just veg for a while. I have a bunch of work to do tomorrow so I will check in when I can. I will have to come back and look at the chair when I have the energy to click a mouse!

Nobody up today. It's Friday!!! And I have Mon. - Wed. off for Mardi Gras!! Yeah!! I just ate some cottage cheese, and I'm praying it goes down. I'm having trouble. 5 more hours and I'm outta here!!!!!!
The wildness is on Bourbon Street where I definitely don't go for Mardi Gras. Yes we have King Cake. Actually, the P.E. teacher just walked in with one 5 minutes ago. Hopefully, I will be going to Endymion, our biggest and prettiest parade, tomorrow night. It passes in front of a friend's house. Which makes them Mardi Gras royalty. People actually buy houses just to be on that route. This is the first year since Katrina it goes back to it's original route.

Cool...I never knew you were in N.O. I never got to go before the hurricane and so wished I had. I was living in Pensacola during Katrina and got the hurricane end of it. Hubby's uncle lives in Gulfport/Biloxi area and we went back for a visit in Dec. Things are still tore up there. Is N.O. starting to get back to normal then? I am a nurse and wanted so bad to go to N.O. to help but with my name I couldn't bring myself to do it. We got lots of patients from there shipped in to our hospital and their reaction was so horrific when I would walk in and write my name on the board that I nearly started going by my middle name. So I never went. We had enough problems ourselves trying to run a hospital without Water and electricity for days afterwards. But by that time we had become pro's since Katrina was our 4th big storm in a year. Needless to say, that was all the reason I needed to move back to my home in Tn. No hurricanes can make it across these mountains. You have lots of fun at Mardi Gras this year! ;)

OK...I have an announcement

Drum Roll Please (tadatada)

I hit Onderland today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay me!!!!! Yippee!!!!

Can't you tell I'm excited. Haven't seen that "1" since 1993. Wow...14 years ago. Now, grant it, I am .2 lb away from fluxuating back up to that horrible "2" but I won't let that bother me.

Oh, I found the neatest place yesterday. I refuse to pay big prices for clothing while I am loosing and my big clothes just fall off of me now so I am always looking for some "temp" clothing. I was driving home yesterday and passed a new Thrift store and just out of curiosity, decided to check it out. Most Thrift stores don't have very good quality clothing so I did not have my hopes up but I walked in and went "WOW" This store was filled with brand name, many brand new, style clothing that believe it or not was mostly in my size. Can you believe that? I am talking about in style, georgous outfits. Could you imagine walking into a store that carried just your size? There was, of course other sizes but the majority of the clothing was my size. That was soooo cool. And I am talking about beautiful suits and things for 11 bucks or less. I wracked up...Bought $76 worth of things and the lady owner was so excited when she found out that I had a band. She questioned me the whole time I was there and even gave me some of the things.

Is that a NSV? I would never have been able to wear any of that clothing before.....

You ladies have a wonderful weekend. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Yay me!!!!! Yippee!!!!

Congratulations Katrina. That's fantastic! :Dancing_biggrin:It's a big milestone. Good for you.

I had a restless night last night. I was burping the whole night. :eek: The last time I had a fill I was choking on my saliva, so I guess it was an improvement. :eek: Still, this morning I feel tired and I'm hungry. I think. :( I'm going to have a hot drink of something, not sure what yet, for my Breakfast. I know I'm not ready for any food, and besides, I'm on liquid mushies for another 36 hours. It took me almost an hour to get down my 6oz yoghurt dinner last night. I actually felt good about that as it shows that my restriction is good again.

It's a lovely day here today and I think I might do a walk in the outdoors instead of on the treadmill. I'll have to get out my pedometer so I can keep track of my distance for my challenge. Maybe the exercise will boost my energy. If it doesn't, I'll take a nap late morning or early afternoon. I'm very grumpy if I don't get enough sleep, so it's as much for the sake of my family as it is for me that I do. :lol:

Catch up with you later gang! ;)

Hey Katrina, Isn't "1" a beautiful number? Congratulations on making it to onederland. Life is different here--you'll see. I've only been here for a month or so, but the NSV's just keep piling on. I had to put my wedding ring away yesterday as it is so loose I was afraid I would loose it. When I get closer to my goal I will have it resized. That's one of 4 things I want to do this summer: 1. Resize the ring; 2. Get a new driver's license; 3. Get a TT (or at least get serious about it); 4. shoot, I can't remember #4! I'll have to let you know later when I remember.

It's gonna be a slow day today--snowing outside AGAIN, and I am so tired of being cold all the time, I'm just going to turn up the heat in here and bundle up. I wish DH would buy a treadmill or elliptical, but that's another story.

"WOW" This store was filled with brand name, many brand new, style clothing that believe it or not was mostly in my size!

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is great!

And what a great find that thrift shop is!! And when those clothes get too big, you can take them back and sell them back! They probably take clothes in on consignment.