Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ok gang I have a dilemma – yesterday I bought a biggest loser scale – it does all this stuff plus gives accurate weight up to .2 (that’s what I really was going for) but when I got on the scale – it’s 10 lbs heavier than my scale – my scale 186 – new scale 195 On and off again 10 times and always the same… Well, I am telling you I’m not taking 195 OMG – that would mean no weight lost is the last month.. Am I in denial it’s not like my scale is telling me I have had a great weight lost this last month – 6 pounds overall – I have put it back in the box and am taking it back after I go to the doctors on 1/23… I guess until then I really won’t know – but that’s just too big of a diff in my opinion to be accurate…. What do you all think ….

I think your new scale is BROKE! Take it back.

Ya Janet, chuck the stupid thing.... If I had a gun and my scale said I weighed 10 lbs more I'd Shoot it!~~~

Today is my 6 month bandiversary!!

Phyl-before-6mos-1.jpg

Then keep the one that is closest to your doctor's. I'm not really sure how accurate the scales that you can buy in stores are--especially when they get into all that other stuff.

Some of your muscle pain could be diet-related. Leg cramps are common when you're dehydrated, or not getting enough potassium. Also, with your heavy workouts in the gym, it is possible you're straining too much. Do you stretch before and after? Try resting, alternating heat and ice, and wearing support hose to work. I've noticed this a little too, but I think it's from crossing my legs--something I get a kick out of doing these days, and probably do too much.

Well gang, another Packer's Playoff Party in the 'hood tonight. I'm not worried. I can only tolerate liquids--still too tight for solid food if I want to sleep at all tonight. I'm learning to live with it. I hope that by resting my pouch, the swelling will go down and it will loosen up. Either that, or I will loose so much weight that it will loosen up on its own. I am taking Pepcid at bedtime, but still waking up gagging on all the thick phlegm that comes up. Last night I took Muconex and a decongestant. I slept really well after the frist couple of hours--maybe that was the key.

Linda - I do plan on cking the doc's before I take it back

I don't get leg cramps but aching - and I just walk - no heavy workout - that make me laugh:lol:- I just walk on the treadmill - and havent even tried to run in the longest - cuz i can only do it for about 30 seconds - I really don't think I am over extending my muscles - it's not like i am bench pressing 300 lbs - I haven't even done weights lately -- just the treadmill - but thanks - for having this mental picture of me really working out..:lol:

I am glad you did better last nite - I just ck'd the t.v. and I see the patriots just won - That's so cool 18 n 0 - ya gotta give their props for such a great season.... Good luck on your Packers...

I think your new scale is BROKE! Take it back.
Ya Janet, chuck the stupid thing.... If I had a gun and my scale said I weighed 10 lbs more I'd Shoot it!~~~

Thanks you both ladies - THESE ARE EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS... :tongue::biggrin::)

Today is my 6 month bandiversary!!

Phyl-before-6mos-1.jpg

OMG Phyl Look at the diff in your face - arms - boobs - tummy and thights you can really see the diff...

You are LOOKING GREAT !!!!!!

Happy Band Anniversay

13_1_205.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Thanks, Janet!! I do see a difference.

Phyl you look great!! Its always so amazing to see the pictures because its hard to tell when you look at yourself everyday in the mirror... but when u can compare to pictures its like WOW!!! Good Job!!

Well I am going up to Washington today so that I can get some of my fill removed. I am afraid that I am going to get there and the fill nurse (who also has been banded) is going to tell me that I am a lot more open than most people, and that I am just not chewing well enough. She tried to convince me that my band was not tight enough when I left when I got my fill. I have it done under fluoro and she was trying to show me that the barium was going through at a faster rate than most. Well I guess I am not like most people. I just don't like being this tight. I truly think that I am at what some people call their sweet spot, but it isn't sweet for me. Yogurt was not going down well this morning, and yesterday was awful. Cottage cheese got stuck. Then I had a terrible episode with chicken at dinner last night. Thought I was going to die it hurt so bad. Well I have to get ready to head out, but I didn't want you to think I had disappeared.

But before I go GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! I weigh less than what my driver's license says!. That is a big milestone for me. I am in the 70's. I have lost 70.5 pounds. OMG that is hardly even fathomable for me!

Karri, I hope your appointment went well. I wasn't very excited to hear how your fill nurse treats you. Is she banded? Has she ever felt restriction? Has she never been told that the journey is different for everyone? I would ask her, if it was so normal for everyone to feel the same, why do we do fill after fill after fill trying to find the INDIVIDUAL sweet spot for everyone.

And super news on you weight. I finally changed my weight on my drivers license to be CLOSER to my true weight when I got my motorcycle endorsement this summer. I need to go get my new license on Tuesday and have no idea what to say for weight...cuz it will be there for 8 year. Thinking about putting on my goal weight. Super for you! :girl_hug:

I say that my Dad taught me to pull myself up by my boot straps and move forward - I don't think he every said it but - for some reason it was there.

Stephanie –

I would say We are focused on what we are eating - we are not beyond that – we are focused on eating healthy – You have to be focused or it would be easily slip back into old eating habits – I would say I am very focused – I eat healthy 98% of the time but do allow treats – and if I do eat something higher calories – I work out more. It is going to take a while for us to learn our new eating habits – in fact it’s going to be a lifetime struggle – just like a drug addict – once an addict always and addict – well food is our drug of choice (In fact on the show Intervention this Monday on A&E it’s about a fat person who is eating himself to death) – this is a battle we will always have – we must stay focused on our new eating habits – until it does become habit and we will always have that devil on our back telling us it’s ok to eat this or that when we know it isn’t…

Hope you had a good time at your party (Christmas in January??)

You are barely 1 month out – give it time – there is a lot of mental work to this band – as our weight issues have more to do with our mental state than our physical one - you will success once you find your groove… You will have your “aha” moment –

I didn't mean to suggest that you aren't paying attention to what you are eating and what you are doing on a daily basis. I meant it to mean that I find it strange to see questions on here that aren't all around what is going in your mouth today. On the December board the focus still seems to be there and that is different here. AND I like it. It gives me more to think about than the calories and the workout. Like you said, the mental issues are so important and difficult. I need to work on THAT side of the band and come to grips with some of those demons before I will be comfortable with my band experience. I completely agree that I am an addict. I wrote about that somewhere on here a little bit.

And my dad also was very instrumental in teaching me to pick myself up and take care of my own self. He felt very strongly that I was super strong. Most of the time he believed in me more than I believed in myself. When I lost him a year and a half it was devastating. I quit biting my nails the day he died. It was one habit he couldn't stand. Now I'm working on my weight. I don't think he would have agreed on the method, but he would have been beside me encouraging me. We are stronger than this addiction.

Ok gang I have a dilemma – yesterday I bought a biggest loser scale – it does all this stuff plus gives accurate weight up to .2 (that’s what I really was going for) but when I got on the scale – it’s 10 lbs heavier than my scale – my scale 186 – new scale 195 On and off again 10 times and always the same… Well, I am telling you I’m not taking 195 OMG – that would mean no weight lost is the last month.. Am I in denial it’s not like my scale is telling me I have had a great weight lost this last month – 6 pounds overall – I have put it back in the box and am taking it back after I go to the doctors on 1/23… I guess until then I really won’t know – but that’s just too big of a diff in my opinion to be accurate…. What do you all think ….

I hate scales. I have a love hate relationship with mine. I hate to climb on it, I hate when it doesn't say what I think it should. I hate that it is not digital so I see NO progress on a daily basis. But I LOVE it when I compare it to my docs. Mine is almost 10 pounds lighter. It is a consistant difference and I would LOVE to use it for my ticker....however, I don't remember who said it, but I know that my doc's is probably more accurate. So I feel your pain. but the other way around.

Very stressful day today. I took my mother to the train. She had been staying here the last couple of weeks. I would love for her to be closer but by the time she is ready to leave it is always a relief. Frustration is very bad for my eating habits....and when the stress is relieved that is bad for my habits too. I need to come up with better coping mechanisms. It was 10 below today so getting out and going for a walk was NOT an option. I can't wait for school to start back tomorrow to get back away from food and the opportunity to indulge. It will be much better for me when I only have choice twice a day rather than every time I pass the fridge.

Good night everyone. I'm going to have a GREAT week. I hope you all will too.

Oh, and phyll, WOWZER on the pics. Happy bandiversary and you should be beyond proud of yourself! I hope I am half as successful as you are at 6 months.

Phyl you look great!! Its always so amazing to see the pictures because its hard to tell when you look at yourself everyday in the mirror... but when u can compare to pictures its like WOW!!! Good Job!!

Kristin07 - isnt that a new pic avtar or whatever it's called... Looks pretty good :girl_hug:

I didn't mean to suggest that you aren't paying attention to what you are eating and what you are doing on a daily basis. I meant it to mean that I find it strange to see questions on here that aren't all around what is going in your mouth today. On the December board the focus still seems to be there and that is different here. AND I like it. It gives me more to think about than the calories and the workout. Like you said, the mental issues are so important and difficult. I need to work on THAT side of the band and come to grips with some of those demons before I will be comfortable with my band experience. I completely agree that I am an addict. I wrote about that somewhere on here a little bit.

And my dad also was very instrumental in teaching me to pick myself up and take care of my own self. He felt very strongly that I was super strong. Most of the time he believed in me more than I believed in myself. When I lost him a year and a half it was devastating. I quit biting my nails the day he died. It was one habit he couldn't stand. Now I'm working on my weight. I don't think he would have agreed on the method, but he would have been beside me encouraging me. We are stronger than this addiction.

Very stressful day today. I took my mother to the train. She had been staying here the last couple of weeks. I would love for her to be closer but by the time she is ready to leave it is always a relief. Frustration is very bad for my eating habits....and when the stress is relieved that is bad for my habits too. I need to come up with better coping mechanisms. It was 10 below today so getting out and going for a walk was NOT an option. I can't wait for school to start back tomorrow to get back away from food and the opportunity to indulge. It will be much better for me when I only have choice twice a day rather than every time I pass the fridge.

Good night everyone. I'm going to have a GREAT week. I hope you all will too.

Steph

I think that for most of us it's not all about the food or what we can or can't cheat with - but heck we do have a few months on the December gang but thinking back I don't think we ever did..

I lost my Dad & Stepmom 16 yrs ago a month apart - I do think what would my Dad say about the surgery - He never harped about my weight but did bring it up once or twice in a gentle way. I think he just would be happy that I am practicing good eating habits... He would be happy for me.. I was/am a Daddy's girl and heck I'm 52 - so I understand the hole in your heart..

Steph - sometimes we can't just ignore our issues about food as it relates to stress - frustrations etc - and in those times you just have to eat something make sure that you keep healthy Snacks at hand so that you can soothe those feeling - Will power will not always be with you 100% of the time so when it does lag a little - have a 100 calorie snack pack - be it string cheese, sugar free fudgecicle- dannon lite & fit yogurt - a small piece of fruit - but sit down and enjoy/savor it dont just stuff it in your mouth never really tasting it. Don't just grap a bag of potato chips and stuff your face - in fact don't have any of the high calorie high fat sugary foods in the house at all.. I am not going to walk by a piece of choc cake over and over again and not pick at it until it's all gone - I am not that strong but I am strong enought to throw the blessed thing away - I am strong enought not to buy it...

My pantry & fridge only hold sf items and low fat items to snack on - it doesn't hold anything that I can't say no to.. There are some chip ahoy Cookies in there for my gs but I don't care for them so no temptation - it they were they would be in a zip lock bag in his bed room..

Also Its all about planning - to night when I made dinner - I cook some chicken & extra veggie to take to work for lunch for the next 2 days ...

I am prepared for the week on what I will eat. Hopefully I get a little fill on Wed and I will be back on Soup for a few days per my doc's orders.

Also - due to the fact that Karri & I are the food cops/ANGELS of the group - either they have learned that they don't need the junk and just to throw it away or they don't tell us... or if they do have a treat - then we just exercise a bit more - Of some just fess up and take our loving reasoning as to why they shouldn't eaten something. :(

I loved how you signed off tonite - 'I AM going to have a great week' -

Good positive affirmation - Love It!!!! That the way to think..

Phyll....All I can say is WOW. And I do mean WOW what a diff. You are looking awesome.

Now that is a cool idea. Maybe I will post surg. and 6 month pics on my bandiversary.

Phyll....All I can say is WOW. And I do mean WOW what a diff. You are looking awesome.

Now that is a cool idea. Maybe I will post surg. and 6 month pics on my bandiversary.

Thanks! I appreciate all the kudos!!

Phyl, Keep up the good work--it's paying off in so many ways. The Pack got what they deserved last night. We're the grieving the loss of two more weeks of all things green and gold, but so it goes. It sure is cold and dark here.

Steph, I hear you about getting back to work. It is harder when you're home all the time. DH loves junk food, and he doesn't have wieght issues, so its in the house. I try to get him to keep the really bad stuff in his car, but it's his house too, so I can't be opressive about it. Right now there are several servings of Better Than Sex cake in the fridge which I'd love to throw away, however. . .well, I won't finish that thought. Anyway, I hope your first week back goes well, food-wise and class-wise. Keep us posted.

Janet--just trying to help. You give so much to everyone else. But even "just walking" can be straining to leg muscles. I hope you're feeling better. Can you take naproxen or something like that when it gets too bad? DD is coming home this weekend. She's been using an elliptical at school and loves it. We're going to start planting the seeds with DH about getting one. It might take awhile for him to come around (since we still have 2 in college, money's tight), but we gotta start sometime.

I think I've turned the corner on the sleeping thing. Didn't have much of anything to eat at the party last night and slept well.

Make it a great week, everyone!

Hello! How's everyone?

I've been doing really well. I've lost another 12lbs this past month for a grand total of 44lbs lost! I'm down from 289 to 244...YAY!!! I will be posting pics soon. I have to take a current photo.

I'm going back to catch up on other postings.

I miss ya'll!!!

Janet--just trying to help. You give so much to everyone else. But even "just walking" can be straining to leg muscles. I hope you're feeling better. Can you take naproxen or something like that when it gets too bad? ...

Don't forget...we're not s'posed to take Naproxen or any other NSAID...they say it may be bad for our band. We're s'posed to take stuff like Tylenol...just wanted to remind everyone.

Chim, I'm not sure if naproxen is technically an NSAID. I think ít's a COX-inhibitor simliar to Vioxx, but less damaging to the stomach, which is why it's still on the market and Vioxx was taken off. Best to check with the doctor about such things.