Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Wow is it just my computer or is everyone elses look totally different. I like it!!! Hope it stays this way!

I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND THIS MORNING!!!! 198.7. I just couldn't believe it. I got watery eyes came in and sat down at my computer and then went back in to weigh again. Done this 3 times and then I wanted to tell the world but as I posted yesterday I don't tell anyone what I weigh or weighed before surgery or how much I have lost so I just kinda felt all alone. In a good way though. I had a wonderful secret that I am not sharing with anyone except you guys here but I tell you I felt so many emotions running through me all at once. Ok enough of that. Tears are coming again. :crying: Tonight the scale says 200.1 though.:ohmy: :frown2::banghead: I am not going by tonights reading. Aunt flo arrived yesterday and I always retain throughout the day. (I know I know I know olderst excuse in the book :) but damn it I want this victory. LOL) I hope tomorrow morning is as good as this one was.

It is freezing here in Iowa. Supposed to be about 30 below tomorrow night and Sat a high of 2!!!! Don't think we will be venturing far from home.

Janet congrats to you. Your in the 180's.

Phyl-you crack me up with yours and DH spats. I love it!!!!

salsa- How is the fill doing? Hope things are working better for you. Take care.

Peaches- How much was in your band the last time that they put some in? Couldn't they tell today whether it had leaked any out or not? Keep us posted.

Everyone else that I didn't mention above, I didn't forget you just can't remember who posted what. :huh2: We are all doing so great!!! I am so proud of each and everyone of us.

Night time weights don't count!! They're always higher.

The spats.... don't happen too often.. but we are such opposites.. He is a nit-picking, anal perfectionist and I'm NOT! Causes problems sometimes. LOL :tt1::tt1::tt1:

Yeah, I really like this new look! It happened all of a sudden within the last hour I think! Takes a little longer to load, but a much nicer look.

I left work at 4 - it's 6:30 when did this new look happen - I downloaded a new verision of aol last night - and now can't find my fav's -

I just went to my account and our thread was there - i am subscpired - I don't get email- i was haveing too many in my mail box - and I would just come here and read anyway...

Well going to go look around.... be back in a few

I left work at 4 - it's 6:30 when did this new look happen - I downloaded a new verision of aol last night - and now can't find my fav's -

I just went to my account and our thread was there - i am subscpired - I don't get email- i was haveing too many in my mail box - and I would just come here and read anyway...

Well going to go look around.... be back in a few

I think it changed somewhere around 6pm. Looks good, loads a little slower though.

I was on around four and when I tried to get into the michigan thread, it wouldn't let me.

So I figure that must be when they were changing things here. I like the looks of it. It's nice and clean looking.

Phyll - After the 31st.., I will probab;y be posting about spats too. I think I might just go out and find a job.

Onederland - thirty more to go. Can't wait.

I think it changed somewhere around 6pm. Looks good, loads a little slower though.

Mine seems to be loading a little faster - I like the new look

The reason DH is anal is cuz of his military background - was he a drill sergent:biggrin:

I was on around four and when I tried to get into the michigan thread, it wouldn't let me.

So I figure that must be when they were changing things here. I like the looks of it. It's nice and clean looking.

Phyll - After the 31st.., I will probab;y be posting about spats too. I think I might just go out and find a job.

Kari

Were are you (if you said I forgot - remember I am in the age bracket where that happens alot :)) I see you had surgery in TJ so figure you are somewhere close to California???

Your Onederland will come too ..

OMG I am stuck on avocado - my own fault ate too fast - I need to go fix dinner I am hungry....

Will ck back in a bit..

One big problem... my DH has NO hobbies.. he doesn't go fishing any more, doesn't read, quit flying, nothing. And he's a control freak! So we clash from time to time. You each have to have some personal space and some personal TIME!

Jackie, Congrats on onederland!

All, I guess I'm kind of different. I think I have always known exactly how I looked at every weight. I'm pretty realistic and see exactly what was in the mirror. Still hated seeing pictures of me, though, especially those in swim suits!

Still surprising though to know that I am at a completely normal weight now. I have to admit that although I'm not normally vain, I do spend quite a bit of time admiring myself in mirrors these days! One of my favorite activities these days is to try on my older clothes! A lot of fun!

I really like this new look. Anyways I have to share my fabulous news. After being down about the fact that I couldn't see/feel a difference after losing weight, I finally found something. I joined a gym today and it seriously is the best thing I have ever done for myself, besides the band. I did 2 miles on the treadmill, BUT I RAN 1.25 OF THOSE MILES! Now it wasn't all continuous, but I did run .5 straight. Then I did another 1 mile on the eliptical. So here are my HUGE NSV's.

1. I ran .5 miles straight for the FIRST time in my life.:)

2. I wasn't the fatest girl at the gym:thumbup:

3. I didn't feel like I was dying 10 minutes into my workout.:huh2:

4. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TOMORROW:Dancing_biggrin:

Well after an hour at the gym I need to go get some work done.

Katrina--What's the name of your book?

quote]

The name of the book is "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Talk about a book that really makes you think....

Now..

Continuing the discussion re: how we see ourselves in our own mind's eye. I am just the opposite of some of you. I have never seen myself as fat. I still picture myself as that skinny 108 lb teenager that I was for so long. You see, I did not start putting this weight on until my 20's. (lovely health problems). So you could imagine the shock that always accompanied me seeing myself in a picture. OMG, I would totally deny that it was me in that pic. No way could I be that big. I would avoid cameras like the plague, and that is not too easy considering DH is a photographer.

So the question I pose to you all, and I sure hope no one takes offense at this, is "Have you been large (big, well, oh heck, all right...fat) pretty much all your life or did something happen later as an adult to cause you to start putting on the pounds?" You see, I truely believe that this is the root of our personal body images and how we see ourselves in our own mind's eye. This question holds the key to it all. Now grant it, I do not have any proof for this nor the research to back it up (can't seem to find any) but I am kind of conducting my own non-official research.:)

Next question is "Do you see yourself as large in your mind's eye, no mater how much you are loosing? or Do you see yourself as slender?"

I am curious to see how many have struggled through weight problems as children and how many did not and how the body image corelation theory plays out. Will there be any corelation or not?

I really like this new look. Anyways I have to share my fabulous news. After being down about the fact that I couldn't see/feel a difference after losing weight, I finally found something. I joined a gym today and it seriously is the best thing I have ever done for myself, besides the band. I did 2 miles on the treadmill, BUT I RAN 1.25 OF THOSE MILES! Now it wasn't all continuous, but I did run .5 straight. Then I did another 1 mile on the eliptical. So here are my HUGE NSV's.

1. I ran .5 miles straight for the FIRST time in my life.:)

2. I wasn't the fatest girl at the gym:thumbup:

3. I didn't feel like I was dying 10 minutes into my workout.:huh2:

4. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TOMORROW:Dancing_biggrin:

Well after an hour at the gym I need to go get some work done.

Good for you!! Congrats! That's a great accomplishment.

"Have you been large (big, well, oh heck, all right...fat) pretty much all your life or did something happen later as an adult to cause you to start putting on the pounds?"

"Do you see yourself as large in your mind's eye, no mater how much you are loosing? or Do you see yourself as slender?"

Good questions. I was a skinny little toddler. Apparently, my German paternal grandmother kind of intimidated my parents about that, so they would go to all kinds of extremes to try to get me to eat. I am assuming that my little toddler brain figured out that eating was a way of getting approval. I started getting "chubby" about the age of 8 or 9. So, though not obese at that point, weight became an issue at an early age. Then about the age of 40 I really began to pack on the pounds.

Second question: I have a long way to go, so can't really answer that. But I can tell you that back in the 70's I went to Weight Watcher's and got down to 118. Whenever I would see myself in a mirror, my reaction was always.... who is that? Then I'd realize it was me. And I remember shopping for uniforms for work once. Clerk helped me find one I really liked. But then I saw it was a size 10 and told her that would never fit me. Well, she told me to try it on and it did fit me, quite nicely. So... body image... a strange thing to understand. I was pretty slim at that point but I still saw myself as fat.

Jackie, congrats on reaching onderland, it is an awesome feeling for sure!! Rock on!

Well to your question about my fill. On Jan 7th my surg. withdrew all that was in my band... about 5cc's (there should have been 9.75 in there according to my fill additions since banding) but alas they were nowhere to be found. So he pushed another 2cc's in to my band under fluroscope xray with barium to check that I had restriction FOR SURE and that it was not too tight. Away home I went, and I did have good level of restriction for about a week.... then on Sat. wham woke up could drink like Chugging your Water bottle drinking... (ya know?) and nothing! And I could eat with out chew, chew, chewing... so I made another appt for a fill.

this is the fill that I had yest. it was just with the Fill Nurse who dosn't have fluro in her suite. SHe withdrew, did a check for volume of saline... only got 5, so pushed another 2 then I couldn't drink my 500ml of Water in the waiting room so I had to go back in and take out .25cc's...

Needless to say I am becoming befuddled! Another Flurofill is booked at the hospital Feb 4th... if that dosn't hold then I need to book surgery to get my band replaced. Not what i was hoping for, but LETS GET ON WITH IT... I want to start losing some weight.

I am so depressed as everyone else who's had their band 6 mos. has lost so well... 50 -60lbs... not me

what happened to your weight/chart ticker... I really liked that.

I am glad that you and DH settled your spat. :)

Oh my, something else we have in common, my DH is military as well and is also very particular about some things...

We once had a huge fight about HOW to squeeze the toothpaste!! Can you imagine? I am a tube squeezer and he likes to ROLL his tube up from the end. OMG... who the FLICK cares!!!

We now have separate bathrooms... but we can still manage the same bed LOL

Aww, Jackie! Hourray for you!!! I got teared up reading your post. I am just like you about telling people where I started. In fact, when I was in the hospital, someone asked me my weight. My husband was there so I answered in spanish! Even he doesn't know for sure where I started and as you notice, I don't even put it on my ticker.

I'm not real excited about what seems like a big weight loss this week. Most of it will start coming back now that I can drink Water again. I Had a little unfill yesterday. I was close to needing an IV for dehydration. I hated to pay the money for it, and now I'll have to go back for a refill later, but I really had no choice.