Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ok where is everyone... I just finished making the cookie dough since it has to refridgerate for 3 to 4 hrs - overnight should be good.. I ran out of vanila extract - (thought I had a big bottle) so I used vanila carmel coffeemate (sf)... I tasted the dough and it was pretty good.. Well, I guess I am going to go catch up on my soap (amc) havent' watched it all week and the real greenlee is coming back and angie & jesse (who dead-but u know soaps, it's the one place where the impossible can always happen)..Well, will ck back in a bit...

I've been online, but playing on "jibjab" all night. I've been so frustrated because every time someone sends me a web-based video, like from YouTube, for instance, my browser security won't let me see it. I do my best to stay loyal to Microsoft because my son-in-law works for them, but I changed my default browser to foxfire tonight and I've been playing online with videos all night! They have some free videos that you can put your own pictures in. So I uploaded a bunch of pictures and made some funny videos.. snowball fight & Christmas Tree. Fun. Okay, I was bored!!

My oldest daughter tivos amc every day and watches it when she gets home from work.

First day of winter tomorrow. Enjoy your cookie making. If it's not windy we're going to go to the COD. Haven't been there yet since we got down here. Well, except for the day when they were shutting down because of the wind storm.

I've been online, but playing on "jibjab" all night. I've been so frustrated because every time someone sends me a web-based video, like from YouTube, for instance, my browser security won't let me see it. I do my best to stay loyal to Microsoft because my son-in-law works for them, but I changed my default browser to foxfire tonight and I've been playing online with videos all night! They have some free videos that you can put your own pictures in. So I uploaded a bunch of pictures and made some funny videos.. snowball fight & Christmas Tree. Fun. Okay, I was bored!!

My oldest daughter tivos amc every day and watches it when she gets home from work.

First day of winter tomorrow. Enjoy your cookie making. If it's not windy we're going to go to the COD. Haven't been there yet since we got down here.

Good Morning - I don't even know who my browser is with - most likely aol... I know just enought about computers to be dangerous... I find the computer a great distraction when I am bored and want to eat.

Last night Andrew (gs) was babysitting his 3 bros & 1 sis (his mom's kids with 2nd hubby who i love & still love my x-dil) he called around 9:30 and said he heared noises and then the light in his mom's bedroom came on and the bathroom door was locked - so being the good grandma that i am I drive over there (they live in bermuda dunes) - i go in - unlock the door - check the bathroom and closet and there is NO serial killer or boogy man :omg:. Then Devon (lil Sis) and Andrew want me to stay - so I stayed for about 1/2 hour - It was cute and funny at the same time - I remember the power went out and my Dad came home cuz he knew I would be scared and I was 15 or 16 - I am not afraid of much - execpt when there is no power - that's about the only thing that scares me -

Well, it's almost 7 - got up at 6 about to have my 2nd cup of coffee then head to the gym...

Oh talking about computers Andrew's 3 brothers were each on their own computers playing mario type games - you want to talk about viedo addicts ;) I am lucky Andrew was never that big of a gamer - but now on the computer all the time on his Myspace.. You see how scary he is by the boogie man sistuation above - so I don't have to be afaird that he will ever meet anyone he meets on line - and really it's just his friend cuz he shows me his myspace sometime..

Well, just cking in - Have fun at COD - NO WIND THIS WAY... It should be PACKED. I am going to try and not go out much for the next 3 days - need to go to the bank and maybe the grocery store but that's it...

Talk to you all later...

Good Morning - I don't even know who my browser is with - most likely aol... I know just enought about computers to be dangerous... I find the computer a great distraction when I am bored and want to eat.

Last night Andrew (gs) was babysitting his 3 bros & 1 sis (his mom's kids with 2nd hubby who i love & still love my x-dil) he called around 9:30 and said he heared noises and then the light in his mom's bedroom came on and the bathroom door was locked - so being the good grandma that i am I drive over there (they live in bermuda dunes) - i go in - unlock the door - check the bathroom and closet and there is NO serial killer or boogy man :omg:. Then Devon (lil Sis) and Andrew want me to stay - so I stayed for about 1/2 hour - It was cute and funny at the same time - I remember the power went out and my Dad came home cuz he knew I would be scared and I was 15 or 16 - I am not afraid of much - execpt when there is no power - that's about the only thing that scares me -

Well, it's almost 7 - got up at 6 about to have my 2nd cup of coffee then head to the gym...

Oh talking about computers Andrew's 3 brothers were each on their own computers playing mario type games - you want to talk about viedo addicts ;) I am lucky Andrew was never that big of a gamer - but now on the computer all the time on his Myspace.. You see how scary he is by the boogie man sistuation above - so I don't have to be afaird that he will ever meet anyone he meets on line - and really it's just his friend cuz he shows me his myspace sometime..

Well, just cking in - Have fun at COD - NO WIND THIS WAY... It should be PACKED. I am going to try and not go out much for the next 3 days - need to go to the bank and maybe the grocery store but that's it...

Talk to you all later...

Forgot you are an AOL person... yes, I'm sure you're using their browser. Once you get used to one browser, it's hard to switch. But Mozilla Firefox looks and acts a lot like Internet Explorer... except it lets me watch videos!!

Funny story! Our oldest daughter did about exactly the same thing, probably about 20 yrs old, just before she got married. And I think her daughter, our granddaughter, had a similar experience a couple of years ago. NOISES IN THE NIGHT!!

We have 10 grandchildren... half in their teens and then these little ones. And our little 4 yr old, Charly is ALREADY addicted to video games. He gets it from his Dad. That's the sil that works for Microsoft. They always have the latest & greatest XBox.. that's what he works on.. the video, music, etc. interface. So Charly has been around them forever. I call him our little 4 yr old geek grandson!! It was hard to shop for him for Christmas. I asked DH... what do you buy for a 4 yr old GEEK????

Is everyone else out shopping, too??? Quiet here lately.

Well, I thought I was finished my Christmas shopping last night. Guess I'm not, my daughter needs stockings, and I still didn't get anything for the kids across the street. I'm going back in.......wish me luck!

Back from the gym - did 4 miles - shouldn't that count for 2 days of exercise :omg::(:D Well I can try can't I - heck it's better than cheating with food ;) - I usually do 2 miles so the way I figure it 4 miles is 2 days...

The dogs just chewed up GS gift card... He is upset with me for leaving his door open (was checking to see if he was home - didn't hear him come in last night) I told him he shouldn't leave stuff on the floor - now we have to go and get a replacement ugh...

Well need to hit the shower - and dress for cookie making - I don't want to gain any weight during the holidays - I MUST BE IN CONTROL... I WILL BE IN CONTROL... this will be my mantra today....

Will ck in later..

Back from the gym - did 4 miles - shouldn't that count for 2 days of exercise :omg::(:D Well I can try can't I - heck it's better than cheating with food ;) - I usually do 2 miles so the way I figure it 4 miles is 2 days...

The dogs just chewed up GS gift card... He is upset with me for leaving his door open (was checking to see if he was home - didn't hear him come in last night) I told him he shouldn't leave stuff on the floor - now we have to go and get a replacement ugh...

Well need to hit the shower - and dress for cookie making - I don't want to gain any weight during the holidays - I MUST BE IN CONTROL... I WILL BE IN CONTROL... this will be my mantra today....

Will ck in later..

You should be able to get a replacement, right? If you can still read the numbers on the card, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not going to make the exercise challenge either. Missed yesterday because of the bad weather. I think we're going to go down to the pool when we get back from COD. But, we'll have to fit in some extra exercise because only 3 classes next week.

You should be able to get a replacement, right? If you can still read the numbers on the card, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not going to make the exercise challenge either. Missed yesterday because of the bad weather. I think we're going to go down to the pool when we get back from COD. But, we'll have to fit in some extra exercise because only 3 classes next week.

Yes we can - but you know kids - wakes up complaining... I told him be happy - it's not the end of the world - it can be fixed - typical male - blab blab blab - sometimes i think he acts like a DH...

You are still at home I thought you would be at the street fair by now..

Hey Ya'll!

I miss all of you so much! I have been just busy w/life in general. I'm doing really well. I'm down 38lbs (from my last doc's appt). I think I'm down a bit more, but guess I'll find out next month at my next appt. My clothes are definitely too big now. I'm so thrilled this is really working!

It seems like everyone's doing really well. I certainly wish everyone a safe holiday season. Enjoy your family and friends...food, too! With our trusty bands, we won't overdo it.

Be blessed!

Hi everyone! I had my third fill appt on Thursday, but I didn't want a fill and the dr thought my weight loss, of 17.5 pounds like Janet's, also indicated none was needed. So only two fills and a total of 5 or 5.5, and my restriction is just fine. Mentioned that some of y'all say that the fill leaks out and he said if it didn't by three weeks, it wasn't going to.

Lost another pound and a half since then, so I'm thrilled! Lost over 25% of my body weight when I hit 52.5 pounds.... now at 53.5!

Have a great holiday everyone!

Yes we can - but you know kids - wakes up complaining... I told him be happy - it's not the end of the world - it can be fixed - typical male - blab blab blab - sometimes i think he acts like a DH...

You are still at home I thought you would be at the street fair by now..

HaHa..yes, typical male! And it wasn't his fault, right? In fact, it was probably yours.... you left the door open!!

I think we got to the street fair around 10:30am. Wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Didn't find much. Bought a Mexican Train game. I've been wanting to learn how to play. I think we were there until about 1pm, then stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home. Yes, AGAIN!! WE forgot the Crystal Lite yesterday... Wally's brand. That was my fault because I was supposed to go pick my flavors. The Crystal Lite tastes too sweet.. I like the store brands. Albertson's is good, too.

Hey Ya'll!

I miss all of you so much! I have been just busy w/life in general. I'm doing really well. I'm down 38lbs (from my last doc's appt). I think I'm down a bit more, but guess I'll find out next month at my next appt. My clothes are definitely too big now. I'm so thrilled this is really working!

It seems like everyone's doing really well. I certainly wish everyone a safe holiday season. Enjoy your family and friends...food, too! With our trusty bands, we won't overdo it.

Be blessed!

Good to hear from you, Chim!! We miss you! Don't stay away so long! You're not still working a bazillion jobs, right??

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone! I had my third fill appt on Thursday, but I didn't want a fill and the dr thought my weight loss, of 17.5 pounds like Janet's, also indicated none was needed. So only two fills and a total of 5 or 5.5, and my restriction is just fine. Mentioned that some of y'all say that the fill leaks out and he said if it didn't by three weeks, it wasn't going to.

Lost another pound and a half since then, so I'm thrilled! Lost over 25% of my body weight when I hit 52.5 pounds.... now at 53.5!

Have a great holiday everyone!

Hi, Brandy! Good report on your doctor appointment, too! I definitely seem to lose a little Fluid between fills. My last one was Oct. 29, but I'm doing pretty good now so holding off for a while. May see Janet's doctor while I'm down here in the desert.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

:clap2:

Hey Ya'll!

It seems like everyone's doing really well. I certainly wish everyone a safe holiday season. Enjoy your family and friends...food, too! With our trusty bands, we won't overdo it.Be blessed!

Hey Girl it's great to hear from you - we sure do miss you... Hope you and yours have a Blessed Christmas & New Years - You gotta promise to spend some more time here.. How's the body bugg doing...

Hi everyone! I had my third fill appt on Thursday, but I didn't want a fill and the dr thought my weight loss, of 17.5 pounds like Janet's, also indicated none was needed. So only two fills and a total of 5 or 5.5, and my restriction is just fine. Mentioned that some of y'all say that the fill leaks out and he said if it didn't by three weeks, it wasn't going to. Lost another pound and a half since then, so I'm thrilled! Lost over 25% of my body weight when I hit 52.5 pounds.... now at 53.5! Have a great holiday everyone!

Brandy - Way to go :clap2: - Dont you fee just so much better...

I know I do..

HaHa..yes, typical male! And it wasn't his fault, right? In fact, it was probably yours.... you left the door open!!

OMG - Yes it was my fault cuz I didn't close his door...

I like crystal lite - fruit punch is my fav- but i like plain Water too - I have always been a water or ice tea drinker.

OK my report on Cookie Making !!!!!!

Had a great time with my GD's & DIL. You want to know what the Cookies were ok - but i didn't really die for them - BUT my DIL made some homemade choc chip w/walnuts - OMG those are better than the xmas coookie - i think the xmas cookie are too sweet or rich or something - i really was ok with the 2 i had - and 2 choc chip - I brought home 3 choc chips for me & some xmas for my GS - they are in his room

So I don't think I did bad at all - especially since these are my first real sweets of the season

My DIL made dinner and ate 1/2 c meat - 1/2 corn tortilla (found a new store that makes them-but they sorta stuck I had 2 bites and had to wait til it went down and I was hungry) 1/4 c rice - and am full...

So all in all I am in control and not out of control like I thought i might be - while I was bagging up the xmas cookies - I made 2 bags one for Andrew and the other for me - and I looked at it and said - do you really want to take these home - you don't really want them but you will eat them if you take them home - so i didn't bring any of the xmas cookies, only the choc chips.. My NSV today...

We also went to the store and got the stuff to make tamales - we started the meat which will cook all nite on low and then tomorrow make the tamales.

Well, everyone must be busy with family - as we are very quite again today..

Will ck in later - gotta ck my other threads....

Janet,

You did great with the cookies!! You're right... when I do taste something sweet, it seems really super sweet. Not that good. Lady at the Street Fair was giving out samples of "pastry chips" that she makes. I tried two... I could go for the raspberry ones, but knew it was not a good idea. DH bought a bag of raisins and they even tasted too sweet. And he thought they were way too juicy. He wants to dry them out some more! I did have one bad thing... one of those hebrew national hot dogs... didn't eat the roll, though. Eating it without the roll was kind of like peeling a banana.

Janet and Phyl--you guys are inspirational. I am so happy that you are both doing so well with the holiday food and weight loss in general. I have to say that it all still tastes oh, so good to me, so the battle rages on.

Janet,

You did great with the cookies!! You're right... when I do taste something sweet, it seems really super sweet. Not that good. Lady at the Street Fair was giving out samples of "pastry chips" that she makes. I tried two... I could go for the raspberry ones, but knew it was not a good idea. DH bought a bag of raisins and they even tasted too sweet. And he thought they were way too juicy. He wants to dry them out some more! I did have one bad thing... one of those hebrew national hot dogs... didn't eat the roll, though. Eating it without the roll was kind of like peeling a banana.

Phyl - you got your Protein in with that hot dog and not eating the roll is the changes in our eating that are going to make us successfull... That was 200 calories less than what you would have eaten pre-banding by not eating the bread.. I'm like Earl I like my raisins on the dry side not too juciy

Janet and Phyl--you guys are inspirational. I am so happy that you are both doing so well with the holiday food and weight loss in general. I have to say that it all still tastes oh, so good to me, so the battle rages on.

Thanks Linda !!! It is such a battle - for me the real test will be 3 yrs from now - will i still be successful - do you know that just cuz i am so gun ho now that i am afaird of what the furture holds.. Will this really be a lifetime lifestyle change for me.. I don't want you to be discouraged - this is a life long battle - just take it one hour at a time if need be - just feel the power when you say NO - it is a powerful feeling when you have control - It's not all about the food - it's about the power - you are the one with the gray matter between your ears - you are more powerful that that cookie on the plate.. I find that more comforting that eating,.... But again sometime i miss it..

We are here for you ...

Good Morning Gang ....

I'm back from the gym - did 3 miles today... Now gotta get ready to make tamales..

Will ck back later this afternoon....