Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey gang you all have been quite so far today - this is just a quick note about my Dr. Visit today - No fill since i am losing weight - lost 17 since 10/24 and he said I am losing weight like a bypass person - I have lost 53.55 % of my excess weight - He told me I dress nicely and He wants a picture of me to use as an example of weight loss with the band... just love my Doctor..

I guess that's my NSV for the day - and a little toot my own horn and brag about my doc...

oh ya Phyl - they are starting LAPBAND ONLY support group at Desert Hosipital - here's the schedule 2/5 - 3/4 - 4/1 -5/6 - 6/3 6 p,m, to 8 pm they all are on Tuesdays - See you at the 2/5 meeting ???

Well got ton's of work - talk to you later tonite...

xoxo

J

how cool is that! next he'll be asking for your number he he he!!!

thanks for clearing me oh la la up, seriously something i'm as thick as 2 planks !!!!

xx

ok so today is just a quick one!

just wanna say hi to everyone and wish you guys a nice evening. even thought its prob late. sorry.

i've up in a few hours so i need to get some sleep as well as shake off this silly cough. its not good have a cough when working with food.< /em>

anyways i'm off my beautiful ladies love of love

xxxx

sweet dreams to all

Ah drats!! Guess it must be a leak eh??:phanvan

It is not necessarily a leak. When I was unfilled early in Nov. I had lost some too. The nurse said that is normal. Sometimes your body will pull it out of the band and absorb it.

Janet- Congrats on the modeling job. Well I just finished my work out so I have to go take a shower and head back to work. I am chaperoning at the choir concert.

Hi gang! Just in for a quick look see tonight. I'm happy cause I lost another 1/2 pound this morning, so 52 total. Just .3 more pounds and I will have lost 25% of my starting body weight. Not bad for five months!!!! I feel so good!

Thanks Gang !!!- I was feeling kind proud that he thought I had done a good job... Well, I just got home had a rosery tonite for my gf dad who passed and I am hunger - guess i don't need the Soup since no fill - so I am off to eat - Might get on later if not talk to you all tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams

So, I've been reading every day, but haven't had time to respond. I actually got fill number 3 last Friday, but things aren't going well. I think I'm over filled. I sent my dietician an email and after talking to him on the phone yesterday, I have a feeling I'll have another drive to Phoenix on Friday. The thing that sucks is that for my appointment last Friday, I had to do a day trip. I was gone for 12 1/2 hours, drove 600 miles and didn't go anywhere. I think my hubby is going to take sick time to go down with me which will be nice because I did last weeks trek by myself. The good thing is that since Friday I've lost 4 pounds. but at the same time, I know it's not right since I'm hardly getting any food in. I'm even having a hard time getting my Water in everyday.

Janet, congrats on the news from your Dr. That's awesome!! It's so nice to see everyone doing well, and even those of us who have hit some major plateaus, we are still losing more than we would have without the surgery!!

Hope everyone has a good night and I'll chat again soon. ;)

~Nichole

Hey gang you all have been quite so far today - this is just a quick note about my Dr. Visit today - No fill since i am losing weight - lost 17 since 10/24 and he said I am losing weight like a bypass person - I have lost 53.55 % of my excess weight - He told me I dress nicely and He wants a picture of me to use as an example of weight loss with the band... just love my Doctor..

I guess that's my NSV for the day - and a little toot my own horn and brag about my doc...

oh ya Phyl - they are starting LAPBAND ONLY support group at Desert Hosipital - here's the schedule 2/5 - 3/4 - 4/1 -5/6 - 6/3 6 p,m, to 8 pm they all are on Tuesdays - See you at the 2/5 meeting ???

xoxo

J

You betcha!! I'll be there!! Hope to see you before that, though!

GOOD DAY today!! Been gone all day! TOPS weigh in was a real boost! Down 3.6 lb this week. That's 9 lb in the last month. That's pretty okay! I've lost about 17.75% of my body weight or about 1/3 of what I need to lose. Not bad... tomorrow is my 5 month bandaversary.

Bathing suit sale here at the park today and I got a new suit about 3 sizes smaller than I was wearing last winter!

So we went from TOPS to Breakfast, stopped back at the RV to drop off the rest of my breakfast, went to costco, Sam's & Wal-Mart, back here and to the suit sale, then to the neighbors for a Christmas get-together, so not home at all from 8 am until 7 pm!! Now trying to catch up on email!

Hope everyone had a great day! I did!

xoxo

J

Great report on your doctor visit!! So when's your photo shoot??? He needs a lap band person to speak at his seminars. You'd be great at that! When I went last winter he had mostly bypass people speaking.

Peaches - I don't keep up with how much is in my band - I hope it isn't a leak - but I have read alot of times that when they withdraw the Fluid its not always the same that they put in - and it seems to be a mystery as to why.. We will pray for the best - and as far as they extra weight - it will come off fast -

It is not necessarily a leak. When I was unfilled early in Nov. I had lost some too. The nurse said that is normal. Sometimes your body will pull it out of the band and absorb it.

Janet- Congrats on the modeling job. Well I just finished my work out so I have to go take a shower and head back to work. I am chaperoning at the choir concert.

Salsa - Thanks - good on working out - I didn't get home til 6 p.m. and didn't go to the gym - will do tonite...

Hi gang! Just in for a quick look see tonight. I'm happy cause I lost another 1/2 pound this morning, so 52 total. Just .3 more pounds and I will have lost 25% of my starting body weight. Not bad for five months!!!! I feel so good!

Brandy - CONGRATS... 52 lbs:clap2: way to go girl...

Janet, congrats on the news from your Dr. That's awesome!! It's so nice to see everyone doing well, and even those of us who have hit some major plateaus, we are still losing more than we would have without the surgery!! Hope everyone has a good night and I'll chat again soon. :(~Nichole

Nichole - OMG you really have a big trip just to see the doctor... I don't know if I could do that - but it isn't good to be over filled - My doc wouldn't give me a fill yesterday - and truely I don't think i needed one - it just that I am so afaird of not having my security blanket working at all times :D - If you have hit a plateau change up your eating - it seems to help me --

You betcha!! I'll be there!! Hope to see you before that, though!

GOOD DAY today!! Been gone all day! TOPS weigh in was a real boost! Down 3.6 lb this week. That's 9 lb in the last month. That's pretty okay! I've lost about 17.75% of my body weight or about 1/3 of what I need to lose. Not bad... tomorrow is my 5 month bandaversary.

Bathing suit sale here at the park today and I got a new suit about 3 sizes smaller than I was wearing last winter!

So we went from TOPS to breakfast, stopped back at the RV to drop off the rest of my breakfast, went to costco, Sam's & Wal-Mart, back here and to the suit sale, then to the neighbors for a Christmas get-together, so not home at all from 8 am until 7 pm!! Now trying to catch up on email!

Hope everyone had a great day! I did!

Great report on your doctor visit!! So when's your photo shoot??? He needs a lap band person to speak at his seminars. You'd be great at that! When I went last winter he had mostly bypass people speaking.

Phyl - ya we will see each other before that :) 1/3 of your weight gone:clap2: - I bet you are tired 7 a.m to 8 pm - I would be bushed...

Yes Dr B is great for the ego:p... It's nice to get complements from your doc..

Well, maybe he or Marsha will ask once I get to goal weight - I would be very honored if they did... Again great ego booster.

IMHO - i can't believe how we convinced ourselves that we were just fine and dandy being fat. I am just so happy that I did this - I just feel so much better...

Well gang another day - have a funeral this morning - :rolleyes: and tomorrow is our office xmas lunch and secret santa exchange - getting off early so I better get my but to work - will ck in later..

Janet, I actually plateaued from August til October and have been off it, so now I'm losing again. Although now, I've lost 7 pounds in 6 days which I'm happy about because I'm almost to 50 pounds, but I can't eat hardly at all.

So, we'll see, I'm going to be talking to the dietitian later today to find out if I need to go in or not. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day today. :(

~Nichole

Nichole, I know how terrible it is to have such a long drive to the doctors. Normally mine is 5+ hours away depending on traffic, but it is also over a mountain pass so that is going to significantly extend the trip this weekend considering that there is 4-6 feet of snow in the pass right now. I just looked at the weather cams, and all you see is white!:rolleyes: Fortunately my brother lives about a 1/2 hour from the doctor so we are going to stay with him and do Christmas this weekend as well. When i had my surgery done it was in the summer when the passes were all nice and dry I didn't exactly think about what the winter was going to be like!!! So how often do people see their doctor. I have seen mine once since surgery and that was just because of my teeth not chewing properly! I honestly believe that I would never have seen him again if I hadn't had a lapse in chewing procedures. I am not worried that I don't see him, just curious what everyone else does. When we get a fill, we just see the nurse practioner that works there.

Well the kids are taking their test today so it is an easy day. If I don't get back on before I leave, I will chat with everyone on Monday as that is when we will be getting back. My brother still lives in the stone age and doesn't have internet, cable or HEAT! Actually he should have heat now as he just finished installing the system. Last Christmas when we went to visit, he told us to bring our own heating source as he didn't have any to provide. So we bought some portable heaters. He is a funny one!

Hi 7s, :wave:

It's been a while since I've checked in. I didn't realize how long I'd been away from the forum until I got an e-mail notification saying "We miss you Frustrated." :)

I think I came down with some type of flu that kept me pretty much immobilized for a week. Once I recovered from that I had a problem with my left breast. As you know I had surgery last month, and one of the incisions under my breast came loose and I had a hole that was about the size that if you put the tip of a ballpoint pen through a piece of paper, that would be it. It's apparently the most common complication with this type of surgery. Unfortunately we were in Austin at the time, so couldn't get back to see my plastic surgeon until the end of that week. He advised me to apply an antibiotic cream and take it REALLY easy, as in no physical activity that would raise my heart rate. We dropped in on him on the way home last Friday and he stitched things up and ordered me not to do any exercising until my next check-up visit on Wednesday.

With my bout of flu and the surgery complication, it meant I wasn't able to do any exercising for about 2 weeks. I really missed it. I didn't realize until then how my daily treadmill workout would clear the cobwebs out and start my day off well. Two weeks without that made me grumpy and irritable. :(

During this down time I gained back some weight and went up to 204, which didn't help with my mood. But today is the second day I've been able to exercise and I jumped on the scales this morning and...... *drumroll* I am officially in Onederland now!!! 199.6lbs :whoo:I'm so pleased and proud of myself.

I have to catch up on the posts I've missed since being absent but don't have the time right now. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm back on track again and I missed you all! :rolleyes:

RUBY.....Glad your back and feeling better. congrads on Onederland. I know thats a huge accomplishment in itself...

Janet...WOW...Postergirl for Lapband...Way to go!!!

So today is my last day at work till next Wednesday...thank God..I definitley need a break...Hopefully the scale will finally move for me again in the near future...

Im into it with DH today..Kinda put me in a crappy mood all day. He is just so jealous that its getting to be unbearable. Its to the point that I feel like that after 4 years he still dont trust me, they I just wanna throw my hands up and give up. I have never been unfaithful or unloyal to him, he just has it in his head that every woman cheats, and with that he drives me NUTTS....

Oh well, I hope it smoothes out before the weekend..

I just hate arguing anymore. Sorry to vent on you guys but grrrrrrrr...............

I dont know if I will be back on here before Christmas or not, the computer at the house is usually occupied by my son and his friends.

So if not, I want to tell everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

post-218945-13813136096184_thumb.jpg

Well the kids are taking their test today so it is an easy day. If I don't get back on before I leave, I will chat with everyone on Monday as that is when we will be getting back. My brother still lives in the stone age and doesn't have internet, cable or HEAT! Actually he should have heat now as he just finished installing the system. Last Christmas when we went to visit, he told us to bring our own heating source as he didn't have any to provide. So we bought some portable heaters. He is a funny one!

Salsa - I love my doc I see him every time i go in which is every other month execpt I go back 1/23 (he wanted 2/23 but since i didn't get a fill this time - I said No - want to come back in January in case i need one) No Heat - OMG my feet are cold all the time - Have a safe trip!!!

Hi 7s, :wave:

. I didn't realize how long I'd been away from the forum until I got an e-mail notification saying "We miss you Frustrated." :(*drumroll* I am officially in Onederland now!!! 199.6lbs :whoo:I'm so pleased and proud of myself.:rolleyes:

Ruby - CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO ONEDERLAND :clap2::clap2:

Janet...WOW...Postergirl for Lapband...Way to go!!! Im into it with DH today..Kinda put me in a crappy mood all day. He is just so jealous that its getting to be unbearable. Its to the point that I feel like that after 4 years he still dont trust me, they I just wanna throw my hands up and give up. I have never been unfaithful or unloyal to him, he just has it in his head that every woman cheats, and with that he drives me NUTTS.... Oh well, I hope it smoothes out before the weekend.. I just hate arguing anymore. Sorry to vent on you guys but grrrrrrrr...............I dont know if I will be back on here before Christmas or not, the computer at the house is usually occupied by my son and his friends. So if not, I want to tell everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Distant - Thanks - I hear you on the dh issue - that's how mine was and that's why he's an x - we went to counseling and the counsler said he had issues - with women and that they stemed from his mother - My best to you on that front - cuz no matter what you do you can't fix them - or the more you try and reassure them the worse it gets - this is one reason I am single - I just hate arguing all the time - i know that all men aren't like that but I don't know if i have the energy to try anymore... I like my life - i do as i please..

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS - AND IF YOU NEED US we are here for you - you can vent all you want...

Well, back to work = later gang