Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Happy Birthday Phyl :(..........

I had my first public mishap today.... My daughter and I were out and we stopped at Wendy's, I ordered a chicken sandwich. I planned on eating the chicken w/o the bun. The first bite was fine, the 2nd bite I swallowed a bit too fast and HOLY SMOKES :omg:, I took off like a bat out of hell to the restroom and chucked up what was left in my throat. I think I may need to carry a "just in case" bag with me in case there's no restroom around.

Evening Everyone. Just got done with my supper and thought I would pop on. Looks like everyone is doing great. CONGRATS!!!

I had a friend (the one who had by pass 5 weeks ago now) that told me today when she went to her PA today she was told that Blue Cross Blue Shield changed their requirements for WLS in October. Instead of only needing 6 months of supervised diets now people will need 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can not imagine. My response to her was 'what about all the risks that those people are at and complications that could occur within those 3 years.' She said her PS was waiting on insurance approval from BCBS and they just got their denile letter with the reason being not 3 years of supervised diet. I am going to go to the website and see if they changed it there also. I am sooooooo thankful that I had my surgery in July now. God was definately on my side. I have sent many many thank yous since surgery but today I sent hourds more to him. :pray2: It brought tears to my eyes for those who have to wait when we were talking about it. I think of where I probably would have been in 3 years and I probably would have had a heart attack or something. It really gave me a reality check again today though. Made me think about how lucky I truly am. :cry Gave me more spunk for my work out today. :banana:bananajump:;):( I feel like I should step it up because I am one of the lucky ones to have it before they changed the policy.

You rock on Girl and have a happy, healthy YEAR;)

I'm not really having issues....I've noticed that meat doesn't go down too well, but salad does. Man, if I just wanted to eat salad all the time I would've saved myself $10K and not had the surgery! I'd still like to eat a little steak or chicken (not a lot mind you). It totally sucked on the cruise just licking everything...kept TRYING to eat meat and ended up running to the bathroom so I could belch it out...nice, eh?

Have we heard from Dini? Is she still in New York? She really should have gone to Miami...the weather was just fantastic while I was there last week!

I'm feeling like the begining of depression is hitting me...I'm working at stopping it...I'm walking a lot and going to start a kick-boxing class with a friend. I noticed this morning at 9:50 that the sun still wasn't up...then again at 11:00 no sun...I KNOW that the days are shorter up here, but when the reality hits it's just a bummer! I guess I'm just having a bad moment...

Man, the cruise was nice, but reality isn't lookin' so great!

Happy Belated B-Day Auntie Phyl!

Guess what gang? Yesterday I went in for my 2nd fill, so now I have 2.5cc. I have lost a total of 33lbs! YAY!!! And now, I've cut my hours back at the hotel, so I'll be able to work out more often. YAY!!! I soooo miss working out. I also ordered my BodyBugg! It should be here this week.

I have quite a bit of catching up to do, so I'm off to read and I'll be back.

Marcy - Snap out of it! :)

I just hit ya in the head with a dead fish.

You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I bet you leave your doors unlocked too. I lock the door when I go to the mailbox.

You have a beautiful family, and a very romantic husband who adores you. And may I say you also are looking hot.

Go get you one of them sunshine lightbulbs. Your just sad cause your trip is over, and the whole family got to party without a care.

Back to reality is always sad. I always kinda cried the day after my slumber parties because it was over. I hate the end of vacations.

Hi, all!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Had a very nice birthday. We went to champagne brunch with friends. I was able to eat some smoked salmon benedict... pushed the english muffin aside, a few potatoes, too much, really. And then the waiter brought a huge piece of chocolate cake with a candle in it. All six of us shared it and then three of us finished it off that night. Very rich. Teeny tiny slice was plenty. And I agree with what you all were saying about sweets... it starts a bad cycle of eating!

So back to reality now. We're going to be reaching our winter destination today and back to a more regular routine, and Water aerobics. Weight loss is stalled, so I hope this will make a difference. And I'm going to try to get IndioGirl's doctor to give me a fill!!

Marcy--I get it. N. Wisconsin isn't Alaska by any means, but the looooonnnnngggg nights are depressing. Try to focus on how your body is changing under all thoes clothes, and at the end of a long, dark winter, a new you will emerge. Be tough! We're in this with you--sun or no sun!

Marcy--I get it. N. Wisconsin isn't Alaska by any means, but the looooonnnnngggg nights are depressing. Try to focus on how your body is changing under all thoes clothes, and at the end of a long, dark winter, a new you will emerge. Be tough! We're in this with you--sun or no sun!

I totally commiserate with you in N. Wisconsin... I'm from Canada, not very far north really but tonight we are having SUCH a storm out there. Big fat Snow flakes and a howling wind of 50 mph.... Glad I am indoors with the fireplace on.

I had another fill today, .75 cc's and I'm up to 9 cc's in Total... I'd better have some restriction tomorrow as I drove 5 hours today in this weather to get my top up.

Wish me luck!

I'm feeling like the begining of depression is hitting me...I'm working at stopping it...I'm walking a lot and going to start a kick-boxing class with a friend. I noticed this morning at 9:50 that the sun still wasn't up...then again at 11:00 no sun...I KNOW that the days are shorter up here, but when the reality hits it's just a bummer! I guess I'm just having a bad moment...

Marcy, sweetie! I'm so sorry that you're feeling down. I definitely know all about depression and it's tough! I struggle w/it myself. Like Mango suggested, try getting a sunlamp. I know for people w/SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), they recommend sunlamps. They get down during the winter months b/c of the lack of light and the dreariness.

Just remember we love you and are here for you! And like Lindaa said, think about that HOTTIE JALOTTIE body you're working on!!!

Evening Everyone. Just got done with my supper and thought I would pop on. Looks like everyone is doing great. CONGRATS!!!

I had a friend (the one who had by pass 5 weeks ago now) that told me today when she went to her PA today she was told that Blue Cross Blue Shield changed their requirements for WLS in October. Instead of only needing 6 months of supervised diets now people will need 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can not imagine. My response to her was 'what about all the risks that those people are at and complications that could occur within those 3 years.' She said her PS was waiting on insurance approval from BCBS and they just got their denile letter with the reason being not 3 years of supervised diet. I am going to go to the website and see if they changed it there also. I am sooooooo thankful that I had my surgery in July now. God was definately on my side. I have sent many many thank yous since surgery but today I sent hourds more to him. ;) It brought tears to my eyes for those who have to wait when we were talking about it. I think of where I probably would have been in 3 years and I probably would have had a heart attack or something. It really gave me a reality check again today though. Made me think about how lucky I truly am. :cry Gave me more spunk for my work out today. :banana:bananajump::eek::D I feel like I should step it up because I am one of the lucky ones to have it before they changed the policy.

Wow. That really bites! 3 FLIPPING YEARS!?!? I think that's ridiculous. I'm so glad I got mine done in July, too!

Phyl

Got your message when i got back from gym - called left you message - will be at cottage 10:30 today....

ok...

I see you are on line ;0)

Had Breakfast with Janet today and we had a good visit! So nice to finally meet a "Lucky # 7" Bandster!

571895975503_0_ALB.jpg