Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi all, I met my mini goal last week, I have just been out of town for the last several days and didn't have internet access. I had to go Wed to Wed because I didn't have a scale to weigh on Thursday. In one week I went from 206.5 to 204. When I got home today I stepped on the scale it was down to 202. I am only 2 pounds away from onederland. My original goal was to be below 200 by Christmas! Blew that one out of the water:clap2::clap2::bounce::bounce:

WAY TO GO!!!

Isn't our band wonderful? I love these "surprises." Onederland is just around the corner!

I bet my batwings are bigger than your batwings!

I'll take that bet !!!! Mine are awful....

I'll take that bet !!!! Mine are awful....

And the BATWING contest is ON!! Shall we submit photos or measurements???? I don't have to keep track of this one, do I????

:D :) :eek:

And the BATWING contest is ON!! Shall we submit photos or measurements???? I don't have to keep track of this one, do I????

:D :) :eek:

No darling I think the pictures would tell the whole story:omg:

I think us older ones will win this one hands down - Linda doesn't post her age - but I think she is around my age - seems like it has come up in conversation before - Blooeyez sorry but us 50+ are going to win this one and if i were you I wouldn't even want to enter.. Ya gotta give us old gals some credit - we are losing weight for our health and we want to look good too - but even if we were thin our skin would be sagging but add on that we have been fat most of our lives our skin is really streached to the limits - too bad saggin & baggin skin isn't cool like saggin & baggin pants that the kids wear now a days - Hey 50+ ladies - we will start our own fad - :biggrin1:

BlooEyez - I know that the day of my fill didn't feel anything but the next day it kicks is - My doc makes you go back to postop diet 7 days full liquids - 7 days mushie - 7 days soft & then regular.

I had my 2nd fill on the 24th and still have restriction but it has loosen up. Where do you live?? if you are only 1 1/2 from TJ - LA or Orange ???

My doc requires liquids for the remainder of the fill day then mushies the next day ... I usually stay on liquids for a few days anyway just to give myself time to adjust.

I had a hard time earlier this evening ... took well over an hour just to drink a 16oz bottle of Water ... and then my dinner (blended chili w/ water to make it thin) wasn't wanting to go down either. If things don't improve by tomorrow I'm going back for an unfill because this is just too uncomfortable. It's not so much the inconvenience of not being able to eat but it's the excrutiating pain and tightness in the chest ... geez you'd think I tried to eat a hamburger or something as much as it hurts ... :eek:

I live in Menifee which is in Riverside County just north of the Murrieta/Temecula area.

No darling I think the pictures would tell the whole story:omg:

I think us older ones will win this one hands down - Linda doesn't post her age - but I think she is around my age - seems like it has come up in conversation before - Blooeyez sorry but us 50+ are going to win this one and if i were you I wouldn't even want to enter.. Ya gotta give us old gals some credit - we are losing weight for our health and we want to look good too - but even if we were thin our skin would be sagging but add on that we have been fat most of our lives our skin is really streached to the limits - too bad saggin & baggin skin isn't cool like saggin & baggin pants that the kids wear now a days - Hey 50+ ladies - we will start our own fad - :biggrin1:

OK OK ... the bat wing glory is all yours :biggrin1:

Hi all!!!!! Had my fill today. AAAHHHHH RELIEF!! LOL She only put .5 cc in but I can definately tell a difference. It is almost 10pm and I am not ready to raid the kitchen!!! I am down 3 pounds since last Friday. Saturdays work must have done omething to get me going again. I am hoping that combined with the fill will keep me going.

Dini and chim so great to hear from you guys again. I miss everyone so much. I don't come on a whole lot either. I try to make it a point to check in and read up on posts every day or two at least.

I too have the dreaded bat wings. I am mushy as hell to. Definately need some strength training to tone up.

Well I am off to bed. Have an early meeting in the AM and have to drive an hour to get there. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a morning person.:eek::bored

Today was not a good day. I ate a boca burger with a piece of diet bread for lunch and my gosh darn teeth must have been out on strike cause they certainly didn't chew enough. :faint: As soon as I swallowed I knew I was in BIG trouble. I must have sat there for at least 15 minutes in TERRIBLE pain. I just kept swallowing and praying that it didn't come back up. It was seriously the worst pain I have had since being banded. I couldn't finish my burger and I probably shouldn't have eaten dinner. I ate dinner a few hours ago and since then I feel like I have a basketball in my stomach. I tried drinking something (after my hour was up) to see if that would help but no such luck. So now I just feel awful. If I feel like this tomorrow, I am going to go on liquids for a couple of days. If nothing else it will drop me into onederland!!!!! Maybe not though. If I don't get close to 1000 cals, I don't lose a thing. That is going to be a problem for me today as well. I got about 600. I know, not good, but the thought of eating anything right now makes me want to cry. I will let you know how I am feeling better, but if anyone has any thoughts about what I should do, I am more than willing to listen and try!

Hi all!!!!! Had my fill today. AAAHHHHH RELIEF!! LOL She only put .5 cc in but I can definately tell a difference. It is almost 10pm and I am not ready to raid the kitchen!!! I am down 3 pounds since last Friday. Saturdays work must have done omething to get me going again. I am hoping that combined with the fill will keep me going.

Congrats on your 3 lbs! :clap2:

It's not so much the inconvenience of not being able to eat but it's the excrutiating pain and tightness in the chest ... geez you'd think I tried to eat a hamburger or something as much as it hurts ... :D I live in Menifee which is in Riverside County just north of the Murrieta/Temecula area.

BlooEyez you may be too tight - try only warm/hot liquids for a day and if you don't loosen up go get a tad unfilled... Yes I know where you are - we drove through there on our was to San Diego in February - You know where I am don't you - Riverside County too.. Indio - Palm Desert - Palm Springs - i think we may be about 60 -80 miles from each other...:guess

OK OK ... the bat wing glory is all yours :biggrin1:

Dont worry you will get your soon enought:heh:

Hi all!!!!! Had my fill today. AAAHHHHH RELIEF!! LOL She only put .5 cc in but I can definately tell a difference. It is almost 10pm and I am not ready to raid the kitchen!!! I am down 3 pounds since last Friday. Saturdays work must have done omething to get me going again. I am hoping that combined with the fill will keep me oing. I too have the dreaded bat wings. I am mushy as hell to. Definately need some strength training to tone up. Well I am off to bed. Have an early meeting in the AM and have to drive an hour to get there. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a morning person.:eek::bored

Jackie - CONGRATS 3 LBS :clap2: I Promised myself to stay off the scale this week - and so far so go - Thursday will be here soon enought...

We can lift weight from now till hell freezes over - still going to have them :)

Today was not a good day. I ate a boca burger with a piece of diet bread for lunch and my gosh darn teeth must have been out on strike cause they certainly didn't chew enough. :faint: As soon as I swallowed I knew I was in BIG trouble. !

Salsa go back to Soups for a least a day - - when was your last fill?? do you think you are too tight or just didn't chew enough or was your food dry?? I find when I am STARVING that i will eat too fast and pb'd on pudding..

Well, was charging my ipod - it quit on me in the first 10 minutes of me exercise this evening - so had to charge it up for the rest of the week so i thought i would ck in before I'm off to watch Dancing with the stars - it's 9:20 so may not get it all cuz I have been up since 4:30 - gotta love tivo - i don't know what we did before vcr dvd & tivo...

Dinner tonite - my fish with mex tomatoe sauce 3 oz 1 cup zuchinnee and tried 1/4 c brown rice butdidn't have the room... walked 2 miles 36 minutes - i was on the pooped side tonite almost quit at .77 miles - but didn't just slowed the pace and increased the incline..

Ok, Here's the thing: Yes, I a young 55, and I carried a lot of weight in my upper body--especially shoulders and arms. I usually wear tops 1-2 sizes larger than bottoms. Sooo, as the weight comes off, the bat wings take on a life of their own. Even when I lost the weight 15 years ago, there was no way I could wear sleeveless tops, and I don't expect to this time either.

Janet--good for you for keeping off the scale all week. I hope you are rewarded on Thursday!

My last fill was Sept 4, so I don't think I am too tight. Though in the middle of the last month I had this issue too. When I get under a lot of stress, I seem to get really tight and then top that off with the fact that my teeth didn't chew and it leaves me in a not so great spot. I was hoping that I would wake up this morning and feel better, but I actually feel worse. So, Soup it is for at least today. We will see how I feel then. Stress at work is very unbearable right now so that isn't helping the situation. Anyways, I will let you know what is going on.

Ok, Here's the thing: Yes, I a young 55, and I carried a lot of weight in my upper body--especially shoulders and arms. I usually wear tops 1-2 sizes larger than bottoms. Sooo, as the weight comes off, the bat wings take on a life of their own. Even when I lost the weight 15 years ago, there was no way I could wear sleeveless tops, and I don't expect to this time either. Janet--good for you for keeping off the scale all week. I hope you are rewarded on Thursday!

Linda - I knew you were about the same age as me... I am a young 52 still listen to top 40 radio - I think we are a whole lot diff than our Mom's were at our age - well mine die @ 40 but she was old to me then (i was 15) - they listened to diff music etc (les brown and the band of renowns ugh and roy clark that twangie country music) - older mine set than us...

My last fill was Sept 4, so I don't think I am too tight. Though in the middle of the last month I had this issue too. When I get under a lot of stress, I seem to get really tight and then top that off with the fact that my teeth didn't chew and it leaves me in a not so great spot. I was hoping that I would wake up this morning and feel better, but I actually feel worse. So, Soup it is for at least today. We will see how I feel then. Stress at work is very unbearable right now so that isn't helping the situation. Anyways, I will let you know what is going on.

Yes they say stress and aunt flow will change your band - i would do just what you are and have soup - Work - ya i know about that :paranoid- to bad we can't win the lottery... Keep us posted...