Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

At my sister's now & we're going to cook trout for dinner, maybe have 1/2 baked potato & some veggies.

We're going to be "on the road" for the next four weeks so I HAVE TO make good food choices!! We are so much looking forward to warmer temperatures!!

Phyl - Keep up the good food choices and it will come

Congrats can tell this last fill is doing me more good. Newcc

CC - It's great when you can feel your fill -

Since my 3rd fill, I've had the wonderful opportunity to experience the pbing and sliming everyone has spoken about....not fun at all.....but it's definitely reminding me to slow down when I eat!!

Still not exercising as much as I should, which I know would speed up my weight loss.....but what I know and what I do are sometimes two different things!! ha ha ha....

Celeste - My 2nd fill has made me slow way down too - I have only pb twice - never really slime - just golf ball more often than I would like - but i do forget about my band - but it's when that happends it reminds me..

hello,just found this site,i was banded on the 20/7/07,in geraldton by paul flanagan,all went well,i now get my fills in perth by dr watson.

Gail - Welcome

Don't get me wrong, I go days sometimes and can't hardly get a bite down and then I go days and do not have a problem getting anything down. But the secret is that I get full fast. And I seem to stay full for at least 3-4 hours. And I REALLY have to be careful to chew well and not eat too fast or....well, I don't have to tell you what happens :omg:

I have joined a local fitness club and am trying to do Water aerobics 3-4 times a week. Although the past couple weeks I have only got in about 1 time d/t working 12-14 hour days. Hopefully everything will get back to normal next week. Happy Loosing and Happy Thanksgiving just in case I don't see ya before then.

Hi blue eyed baby - It's hard to get that exercise in when you work so much - I am lucky to have 7:30 to 4 job.

IFIVE POUNDS !!!!! Yahoo ! ! ! !

Kirajh - Congrats on the 5lbs - see increase exercise cut out cookie and you are a winner :)

because I am addicted to food and numbers. I am a chemistry teacher so for us it is all about the data. I weigh in every morning and record it in my excel chart, but I don't look at the daily weight, but rather the average weight loss between weeks. By doing this I can see that I have been steadily losing even though the daily weight may stall or vary. .

Salsa - What grade do you teach?? Yes it's the average that counts that's why I don't weigh daily that up and down depresses me - the days that i think i am doing great i'm up 3 lbs - days i over eat - i am down 2 go figure..

I tried one of the steaming "ziplock" bags tonight - cut up some fresh organic broccoli, tossed it in the bag with a little of my favorite garlic seasoning, zapped it for 4 minutes and it was WONDERFUL! I'm going to try some asaragus tomorrow - nice not to have any cleanup afterwards as well. My Dr. told me I need to get more veggies in so I'm working towards that goal.

Unruhlydhd- I must eat my veggies or I get stopped up (tmi:D)

Hi Sevens!!

Well, I think I might be a slow loser, so I went out and got a treadmill today!! Hopefully that will help me lose faster:)

Is there going to be a challange between Thanksgiving and Christmas? If so, I would love to do that!! You all are doing so great!!

XOXO

Janiee - IMHO if you can exercise I really beleive that it will help - I really think it's my secret to my 43.5 gone - I think we will have the challenge between Turkey & Old St Nick - so make sure to join us for that one :Banane20:

I wonder how our other band friends are doing? They must not need this fourm as much as I do. I sure appreciate you guys. I don't know anyone else that is banded, so it's great to be able share with you all.

Linda - I agree with you - I may go a couple of days and not get on the computer - but when i do the 1st place i always come is here - I agree the support we have here is so GREAT.. I too may jump on the scale during the week - but only record on Thursday ...

I did have a glass of wine with dinner, but then I had 3 drinks at the bar afterwards. it hit me pretty hard!! But, I had a GREAT TIME. I was super excited though because it's been over 11 years (since the start of my senior year) that I was able to fit into a 16. . I'd love to be there by my b-day on Jan 25th, and now I really do think I'll be able to hit that goal. So, put me down for another 10 pounds between Thanksgiving & Christmas.

~Nichole

Nichole - I understand the alcohal :) - but you have to enjoy your life - it's that we cant eat as much and the booze hits us faster imho

CONGRATS on 16 :clap2: -

Happy Sunday Morning - Hope everyone enjoys that extra hour of sleep this morning..

2 GREAT NSV to report -- went to the show last night with a friend - looking for something to wear cuz everything is so baggy on me - welll decided to try on these size 14 jeans that i have had for about 3 yrs (never worn) - i tried them on a couple of weeks ago and they still didn't fit - last night - they FIT :P - 2nd NSV sitting at the show I can cross my legs :D - my girl friend guessed my weight to be 180 - Told her no - 206 - she said omg by the time you get to goal you are going to be looking great...

Went to the cheesecake factory for dinner - ate the inside of 1 1/2 fish tacos - one bite of rice and shared a piece of low carb cheese cake -

It's funny when I tired on those jeans and was able to cross my legs - do you know the 1st thing that came to mind - My LUCKY #7 gang - couldn't wait to share - Other are happy for me it's not that its just you guy REALLY UNDERSTAND what a great acomplishment it is to cross your legs or fit it to a size you haven't worn in YEARS...

Indio - I teach 10-12 grade. It is a lot of fun most days and a struggle on others. Kind of like the band! I was excited the other day when I was teaching and realized that I could actually cross my legs. I understand what you mean about my clothes being to baggy. I wore jeans to our homecoming game and about lost them when a student accidentally stepped on the back of my foot and caught the bottom of my jeans. I had to go buy some new ones yesterday at Goodwill. I can actually fit in regular sized 18. Jeans sizes are so bizzare. 16W are too big, but 18 regular are just right. They need to do something with these sizes. I don't want the number to increase while in my mind I know they are smaller.

Indio - I teach 10-12 grade. It is a lot of fun most days and a struggle on others. Kind of like the band! I was excited the other day when I was teaching and realized that I could actually cross my legs. I understand what you mean about my clothes being to baggy. I wore jeans to our homecoming game and about lost them when a student accidentally stepped on the back of my foot and caught the bottom of my jeans. I had to go buy some new ones yesterday at Goodwill. I can actually fit in regular sized 18. Jeans sizes are so bizzare. 16W are too big, but 18 regular are just right. They need to do something with these sizes. I don't want the number to increase while in my mind I know they are smaller.

Salsa - OMG 10-12 the graders - My Grandson who is a junior lives with me - I wouldnt want to teach high school or even middle school - give me the 2nd or 3rd grader ;o)

Ya i understand size thing - I was getting size 22/24 prior to being banded for my tops (i hate tight clothing - I was/am very aware of my back fat and hate when rolls show thru your clothes) and 18 pants at the bbw (big beatiful women) stores - avenue - lane bryants..

Not sure of size yet - really haven't bought anything cuz - I don't want to spend $$$ when I am going to lose more weight - so I will just muddle throught for now - may look next weekend for a couple things as I have a couple of parties to attend - but can't wait to shop in the womens section and no more bbw section :)

Good Morning/Afternoon, #7's! Beautiful sunny, but chilly morning here in PNW. We're going to go see the BEE MOVIE in Coos Bay OR today. Looking forward to that. Last week DH & I went to see "Dan in Real Life" and LOVED it!! Good movie!

Have tried several times to do that multiquote thing and can't figure it out. Can you tell me how to do that, Janet?? You are doing great! I am happy to have some baggy clothes, too, and found yesterday that I can already fit in to some of the things I packed in the RV for "later". Yesterday I wore a Panama Canal t-shirt I bought on a cruise last year and never wore! And I have one from Jamaica that fits now, too! Found a pair of pants, new ones, that I can wear, also. It's great!

Guess what my sister made for Breakfast? ??? Cinnamon rolls!! They were on the table staring at me when I came in from the RV!! DH had fixed me an eggbeaters omelet before I came in, so it's not like I didn't have anything to eat. DH gave me a tiny sliver of his that couldn't even qualify as a "BITE", but gave me a taste, anyway. She's fixing meat loaf for dinner, so I can live with that. But, anyone else finding that things that are soft texture like that, the band doesn't care!!?? My restriction seems to be greatly influenced by the texture of the food I'm eating.

Congrats, again, on the NSV's 7's!

Good Morning/Afternoon, #7's! Beautiful sunny, but chilly morning here in PNW. We're going to go see the BEE MOVIE in Coos Bay OR today. Looking forward to that. Last week DH & I went to see "Dan in Real Life" and LOVED it!! Good movie!

Have tried several times to do that multiquote thing and can't figure it out. Can you tell me how to do that, Janet?? You are doing great! I am happy to have some baggy clothes, too, and found yesterday that I can already fit in to some of the things I packed in the RV for "later". Yesterday I wore a Panama Canal t-shirt I bought on a cruise last year and never wore! And I have one from Jamaica that fits now, too! Found a pair of pants, new ones, that I can wear, also. It's great!

Guess what my sister made for breakfast???? Cinnamon rolls!! They were on the table staring at me when I came in from the RV!! DH had fixed me an eggbeaters omelet before I came in, so it's not like I didn't have anything to eat. DH gave me a tiny sliver of his that couldn't even qualify as a "BITE", but gave me a taste, anyway. She's fixing meat loaf for dinner, so I can live with that. But, anyone else finding that things that are soft texture like that, the band doesn't care!!?? My restriction seems to be greatly influenced by the texture of the food I'm eating.

Congrats, again, on the NSV's 7's!

:ranger: :kiss2:

Hey Hey everyone...I think this website has been down all morning, it wouldnt let me on anyway. Well I am down 3 lbs for the TG challenge. It was 5 lbs Saturday, but darn Aunt Flo had to make her visit this morning. Oh well 3 pounds is good too...I am so impressed by the pounds that people are dropping on this TG challenge. I am so glad all of you joined me in it...Phyl you are doing a great job keeping up with it...I am hoping I can meet that 10 lb goal, and then another 10lbs by Christmas. I vow this week not to get on the scaled every single day...I will not get on it again till Sunday...Oh okay, Im lying but Im gonna try....

sOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HERE IS DOING GREAT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Now for the reason of this post. I know I am jumping the gun here but this will give you something to think about somewhere down the road. Something very near and dear to my heart...........organ donation. You see, my granddaughter passed away four years ago at age two, waiting for a third liver transplant. Anyway, I just found out from Gift of Life that skin tissue is needed and if you have surgery to remove excess skin, they will use that excess to help those in need. THANKS FOR LETTING ME GET ON MY SOAPBOX.

Now for the reason of this post. I know I am jumping the gun here but this will give you something to think about somewhere down the road. Something very near and dear to my heart...........organ donation. You see, my granddaughter passed away four years ago at age two, waiting for a third liver transplant. Anyway, I just found out from Gift of Life that skin tissue is needed and if you have surgery to remove excess skin, they will use that excess to help those in need. THANKS FOR LETTING ME GET ON MY SOAPBOX.

Kirajh....I am a huge believer in organ and tissue donations. I lost a son to neuroblastoma cancer when he was three, he had to go thru a bone marrow transplant so I really know the importance of being a donor. I dont think people realize how very important it is..I just donated blood last Saturday. (Saved 3 peoples lives) My son went thru gallons of blood during his battle with cancer. And right now my mother is battling lung cancer and needs donors as well....So HUGE KUDOS on bringing this subject up.....:clap2:

kirajih - I am so sorry for your loss - I have 3 grandkids and the eldest is like my own child - I can't imagine the pain that you have to indure. My prayers to you and your family...

I am an organ donor - and yes I heard that you can some time go to a burn center and donate your skin (apron - don't know the official name masomething - even arms) a way to get the plastic surgery for free...

Kirajh....I am a huge believer in organ and tissue donations. I lost a son to neuroblastoma cancer when he was three, he had to go thru a bone marrow transplant so I really know the importance of being a donor. I dont think people realize how very important it is..I just donated blood last Saturday. (Saved 3 peoples lives) My son went thru gallons of blood during his battle with cancer. And right now my mother is battling lung cancer and needs donors as well....So HUGE KUDOS on bringing this subject up.....:clap2:

Distant I too am sorry for your loss - I can't imagine it... My heart and prayers to you and your family..

The website was down last night and this morning. The has been happening a lot lately.

Kirajh 5 lbs. Wow, Congrats

Marcy 7 lbs. OMG what da? Congrats!!!!!!

Indio and Phyl - Congrats on the clothes thing

I am down 3lbs and I had my 4th fill today. Two weeks ago I got 1.5, two days later she had to take out some. She took out 1.0. Today she put .5 in. So now I have 5cc in.

Distant - Aunt Flo is here and the bitch is killing me. I think I'm in labor.

We went camping this weekend. My daughter and I danced like fools all night. We had a blast.

kirajih - I am so sorry for your loss - I have 3 grandkids and the eldest is like my own child - I can't imagine the pain that you have to indure. My prayers to you and your family...

I am an organ donor - and yes I heard that you can some time go to a burn center and donate your skin (apron - don't know the official name masomething - even arms) a way to get the plastic surgery for free...

Distant I too am sorry for your loss - I can't imagine it... My heart and prayers to you and your family..

Thanks Indio...I lost my son 12/15/1999. He had just turned 3 yrs old that September. Sometimes it seems like hes been gone forever and sometimes it seems like he was just here yesterday...

Thanks Indio...I lost my son 12/15/1999. He had just turned 3 yrs old that September. Sometimes it seems like hes been gone forever and sometimes it seems like he was just here yesterday...

Distant - i can relate to that as i have experienced loss my mom in 1970 I was 15 - my dad & stepmoms with in 1 month of each other in 92 - best girl friend the april 94 - younger brother 5/99 - nephew in 2000

all I can tell you is that you are obviously a very strong woman to have to have dealt with such a heart wrenching ordeal i don't know how you have survived - i think i would have lost my mind - I know that i really wouldn't that God would get me through - but that's how i feel anyway.

Againg blessing to you...

Hello Ladies!!!!!:wave: It looks like there are alot of congratulations due here. Congrats to everyone!! You are doing wonderful with your weight loss.

Unfortunately I am back up 1 pound. I tell you that scale and I are about to go. :fencing:LOL I have loosened up alot since my last fill and find that I am eating more. I have been stopping myself most of the time but the klinker was this morning. I was SOOOOOO hungry! That NEVER happens because I can not usually eat in the AM but I actually started to feel naseous so I made a piece of toast. Not only did I eat that one but I was still hungry so I made another. I used the fat free butter and sugar free jelly but I have not eaten bread since pre banding to start and have always had a hard time eating Breakfast since banding and this morning it all went down find and I actually could have eaten more but refused to let myself. Faught myself at lunch because I was so hungry but didn't over eat. Done the same thing at supper and now here I am setting at 8:05pm and I am thinking of food again. I always ask myself subconsiously before I eat if I am eating because I am REALLY hungry or is it head hunger. Lately I have been really hungry. Right now it is head hunger but today I was hungry and yesterday was worse than today. I have an appointment for a regular check up next week so I called today and asked if they could schedule me for another fill while I was there as well. I just have to make it until next Monday now. I can do it though. I have to be able to control myself to some degree. :faint: Sorry I sound like a whiner tonight. I am just so frustrated!!!

It is freezing cold in Iowa tonight. It was even spitting snow this evening. :clap2: I know alot of people don't want it but I do. Last year we had a black Christmas (no snow) and it just doesn't seem like winter/Christmas in Iowa without it so I am hoping we get lots this year. Crazy huh?!?! LOL

Well I am off. It is verey windy and cold and I am going to get in my bed and snuggle down and read my book and fall asleep. This time change is kicking my butt!!

G-Nite!!:notagree

Hello Ladies!!!!!:wave: It looks like there are alot of congratulations due here. Congrats to everyone!! You are doing wonderful with your weight loss.

Unfortunately I am back up 1 pound. I tell you that scale and I are about to go. :fencing:LOL I have loosened up alot since my last fill and find that I am eating more. I have been stopping myself most of the time but the klinker was this morning. I was SOOOOOO hungry! That NEVER happens because I can not usually eat in the AM but I actually started to feel naseous so I made a piece of toast. Not only did I eat that one but I was still hungry so I made another. I used the fat free butter and sugar free jelly but I have not eaten bread since pre banding to start and have always had a hard time eating Breakfast since banding and this morning it all went down find and I actually could have eaten more but refused to let myself. Faught myself at lunch because I was so hungry but didn't over eat. Done the same thing at supper and now here I am setting at 8:05pm and I am thinking of food again. I always ask myself subconsiously before I eat if I am eating because I am REALLY hungry or is it head hunger. Lately I have been really hungry. Right now it is head hunger but today I was hungry and yesterday was worse than today. I have an appointment for a regular check up next week so I called today and asked if they could schedule me for another fill while I was there as well. I just have to make it until next Monday now. I can do it though. I have to be able to control myself to some degree. :faint: Sorry I sound like a whiner tonight. I am just so frustrated!!!

It is freezing cold in Iowa tonight. It was even spitting snow this evening. :clap2: I know alot of people don't want it but I do. Last year we had a black Christmas (no snow) and it just doesn't seem like winter/Christmas in Iowa without it so I am hoping we get lots this year. Crazy huh?!?! LOL

Well I am off. It is verey windy and cold and I am going to get in my bed and snuggle down and read my book and fall asleep. This time change is kicking my butt!!

G-Nite!!:notagree

Jackie - It's great that you are being Pro-active and getting another fill - I too try and ask myself am I really hungry or just bored... I just try and find low calorie foods to eat or at least healthy (extra veggies) - last night ate some grapes & watermelon- but when i got up for my midnite snack coule only eat 3/4 of those SMALL sf pudding cups.. I think that some days we are just hungrier than others - And who knows about that STUPID scale - one day 204, next day 207 - I hate it!!!!! working towards 204.5 by Thurs our weigh in day... I didn't get to exercise on sat but went today - it should be getting easier - but some days it's harder... I think it's that way for everyone even people without weight issues..

Snow OMG it's 90 here 68 at night - my GD said she wished it would get cold soon here it is Nov and it's still 90 :( - people here are still in shorts and sandels.... White Xmas - whats that I just pray for a cloudy cool day for Christmas - I hate it when its sunny and 82 Christmas day..

What are you reading?? I started a Dean Koontz the other day - but haven't really gotten into it yet ...

Well, just cking in while my dinner cooks - fish & veggies maybe a small baked potatoe...

Talk to ya later - sweet dreams.