Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Been trying to get on my sister's wireless network all afternoon. finally got the password from one of her son's.

Wow! Marcy! 7 lb. is great! You're definitely in the lead on our Thanksgiving Challenge! I'm losing very slowly right now. Don't know if I'm going to make that 10 lb. loss!

Janet, you are really impressive with that exercise! I can't wait to get down there and back to Water aerobics. We're in OR now and it's still cold!

Been trying to get on my sister's wireless network all afternoon. finally got the password from one of her son's.

Wow! Marcy! 7 lb. is great! You're definitely in the lead on our Thanksgiving Challenge! I'm losing very slowly right now. Don't know if I'm going to make that 10 lb. loss!

Janet, you are really impressive with that exercise! I can't wait to get down there and back to Water aerobics. We're in OR now and it's still cold!

Phyl

Its been warm here - cools at night though

I only walked 4 miles total last week - so i am not that impressive - but will get back into - i can't stop or i won't loose the weight -

It has to be hard to manage what you eat while traveling... so stay off the scales till you get down here.. remember retaining water...

Be Safe..

Janet

Congrats Marci on hitting another 10's group. I do think there is something special about breaking into the next lower 10's.

Allaboutme-you are right, the main thing is that we are losing. I tried to tell myself that at least slow is possibly better for the skin!? I am continuing to plug along. I can tell this last fill is doing me more good.

Newcc

Hello everyone....just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing, by the looks of it, everyone is still losing.....I'm pretty slow at the moment...but I don't mind....slow and steady wins the race!!!

Since my 3rd fill, I've had the wonderful opportunity to experience the pbing and sliming everyone has spoken about....not fun at all.....but it's definitely reminding me to slow down when I eat!!

Still not exercising as much as I should, which I know would speed up my weight loss.....but what I know and what I do are sometimes two different things!! ha ha ha....

Busy with school still.......so my time is limited to checking in when I can.....Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving, if I don't get a chance to pop in here again until Christmas break....

Good luck!!

Celeste

hello,just found this site,i was banded on the 20/7/07,in geraldton by paul flanagan,all went well,i now get my fills in perth by dr watson.

i finde it hard at times due to no restriction,but i just have to keep pondering on like the rest of you.glad i was able to read up on this thread.take care,gail

Phyl

Its been warm here - cools at night though

I only walked 4 miles total last week - so i am not that impressive - but will get back into - i can't stop or i won't loose the weight -

It has to be hard to manage what you eat while traveling... so stay off the scales till you get down here.. remember retaining water...

Be Safe..

Janet

Yeah, but now I'm addicted to the scale, too!! I'm struggling with these same stupid 3 lb. for the last two weeks. My lowest weight was two weeks ago and I'm having such a struggle getting back to it. Up, down, up, down!

At my sister's now & we're going to cook trout for dinner, maybe have 1/2 baked potato & some veggies.

We're going to be "on the road" for the next four weeks so I HAVE TO make good food choices!!

We are so much looking forward to warmer temperatures!!

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -1

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -1

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194

6. lindaa -2

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195

8. marcyinak/Marcy 236/226 -7 lb.... now in the lead!!

9. Brandy 166/156 -2 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -2 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari

16. NewCC -2 lb

17. ribearty -4.5 lb

18. Car 187/177 -6lb

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches

24. lapedtolive

Hey Phyl, It's good to get your updates as you travel south. Keep 'em coming. I'll PM you next week because I only lost 1/2 pound last week--doesn't pay to make you change things for that!! Next week will be better.

Hey guys. It's been a couple months since I popped on. This has been the busiest time of the year at work. But I have just about made it through. I was curious to see how much weight everyone has lost. I sometimes feel like I am not loosing at all. Especially since I litterally go 2-3 weeks without loosing a pound and then "boom" I loose 3 lbs almost overnight. Tell me that isn't weird. But overall, it looks like I am doing about average. I can truely say now that I am a real member of the "I LOVE my Band" club. This is just too easy.

Don't get me wrong, I go days sometimes and can't hardly get a bite down and then I go days and do not have a problem getting anything down. But the secret is that I get full fast. And I seem to stay full for at least 3-4 hours. And I REALLY have to be careful to chew well and not eat too fast or....well, I don't have to tell you what happens :omg:

I have joined a local fitness club and am trying to do Water aerobics 3-4 times a week. Although the past couple weeks I have only got in about 1 time d/t working 12-14 hour days. Hopefully everything will get back to normal next week.

Anyhow, hope everything is going well for all. Good luck on your Thanksgiving challenge. Sure wish I had time to be more involved but maybe soon things will slow down.

Happy Loosing and Happy Thanksgiving just in case I don't see ya before then.

I have been so frustrated these past few weeks. Seems like everytime I'd get n the scale, I'd be up three, down three, up again then down again. Same three pounds. Well, I have increased my time on my exer-bike and when I got on the scale this morning, I was down FIVE POUNDS !!!!! Yahoo ! ! ! !

kirajh - congrats! So here is what I do when it comes to the scale, because I am addicted to food and numbers. I am a chemistry teacher so for us it is all about the data. I weigh in every morning and record it in my excel chart, but I don't look at the daily weight, but rather the average weight loss between weeks. By doing this I can see that I have been steadily losing even though the daily weight may stall or vary. So for those of you who are like me and must weigh everyday, this has really seemed to work. I will weigh every day and be mad because it doesn't seem that the scale is moving very much. But the when I compare my average weight for this week to my average weight from the week before, there is usually an 2.5- 4 lb difference. For those of you number junkies, maybe this will work for you too.

I tried one of the steaming "ziplock" bags tonight - cut up some fresh organic broccoli, tossed it in the bag with a little of my favorite garlic seasoning, zapped it for 4 minutes and it was WONDERFUL! I'm going to try some asaragus tomorrow - nice not to have any cleanup afterwards as well. My Dr. told me I need to get more veggies in so I'm working towards that goal.

Hi Sevens!!

Well, I think I might be a slow loser, so I went out and got a treadmill today!! Hopefully that will help me lose faster:)

Is there going to be a challange between Thanksgiving and Christmas? If so, I would love to do that!! You all are doing so great!!

XOXO

jamiee--You got it! I'm hoping for another 10 between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hard time of year to loose, but I need accountability.

Katrina--good to hear from you! Keep poping in whenever you can.

Kirajh--5 POUNDS!! That's a mighty fine reward for being patiet. Good job hanging in there!

Thanks for the tips Karri and unruhlyhd. It's good to share what's working! I do something similar with tracking my weight. I might weigh myself periodically during the week, but I only record it on Fridays.

I wonder how our other band friends are doing? They must not need this fourm as much as I do. I sure appreciate you guys. I don't know anyone else that is banded, so it's great to be able share with you all.

So, I had a friend's wedding last night, and let me just say I had a blast. I did have a glass of wine with dinner, but then I had 3 drinks at the bar afterwards. I have not been out that late in a long time. It was also great because I'm here in Omaha without my hubby and saw some friends from high school. One of them was a guy friend who told me that he had never looked at my a$$ so much. It was a great compliment. Now I just need to work the 3 white russians off that I had. I can tell you though that I haven't had any alcohol for about 8 months, so needless to say, it hit me pretty hard!! But, I had a GREAT TIME.

On Friday, the bride-to-be and I went shopping because I needed a new pair of dress pants for the wedding as mine were so big that they looked horrible. We went to Dress Barn and they had their holiday dresses out. I decided to try on a couple and picked up an 18 & 20 to try on. The 20 was way too big, and the 18 fit well, but a little big in a couple areas. My friend told me to hold on and she went to the rack and grabbed a 16 and it fit. I was so surprised, and almost bought it, but I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a dress I wouldn't be able to wear at home. I was super excited though because it's been over 11 years (since the start of my senior year) that I was able to fit into a 16. Jeans are still another story, but that will come with time, I just couldn't believe it. :)

So, talking about mini goals, I think I'm doing well on the Thanksgiving challenge. Before I left, I was down to 230 (5 pounds for the challenge), which I might add is the same weight as my hubby, so sometime in the next two weeks I should weigh less than him for the first time ever.

My other mini goal (since I can see it now) is to get to onderland. I'd love to be there by my b-day on Jan 25th, and now I really do think I'll be able to hit that goal. So, put me down for another 10 pounds between Thanksgiving & Christmas.

I'm so glad I have you guys as you truly do understand what I'm feeling and how excited I am with the little things!!

I hope you all had great weekends, and I'll check back soon.

~Nichole