Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

How much do you have in your band now? I have 2.5cc in a 4cc band and still don't feel enough restriction. I do feel full longer, but still feel like I'm eating too much. I'm just a bad judge of quantity sizes. I locked my Halloween candy in our storage barn in the yard - will get it out tomorrow to take to my kiddos at school - I actually bought pretty healthy things as far as it goes - Animal Crackers, fruit Roll-Ups, etc.

Linda - had my 2nd fill on the 24th - I am tight - I think it may even be at my sweet spot... Had a retirement party Saturday nite - ate 2 or 3 bites of salads - 4 bites of steak (it was really good wanted to eat more ) 1/2 piece of cake - and about 6 glass of white wine - guess who was a little hung over on Sunday - Now this is where the band is a tad hard - you know how you are hung over - want lots of Water fast and grease food and tons of it - well, can't drink water fast anymore - ate a cup of soupy mash potatoes and 3 reese pb cups.. (Ya i hit the halloween candy :omg:) But in the past I would have eaten the whole bag so don't feel bad about it...

Last nite had 3 oz of fish 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/3 cup cabbage - couldn't finish the rice - then my midnight run - 1 sf pudding cup and ate too fast got a little stuck - so sweet spot is here i think...

Well gang just wanted to say hi since i haven't been here for a few days..

Love to you all.... Talk to you later

xoxox

Janet

Hi everyone! No, I haven't sailed away yet. Cruise on next Tuesday for ten days, so I'll be absent for quite awhile.

Phyl, Please put me down for 2 lbs lost so far. I lost it a few days ago and have been sitting dead in the Water since. Not sure I'll make the goal by T'giving with the long cruise. Not sure how the eating will be. About decided, however, that I'm going to really take a vacation and not try to write down my food intake or exercise while I'm on the trip. Just weigh when I get home and let the scale tell the tale so to speak.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Janet--even at the sweet spot, wine and candy go down just fine, don't they? :) I'm dong OK avoiding the candy, but wine is another story. My son just got his private pilot's license a couple of weeks ago so on Thrusday he is flying DH and me to a part of our state where there are some pretty good wineries--at least good by midwest standards. We're going to have lunch, do a little shopping and fly home. Of course, we can taste the wine before we buy, so that's going to be yet another temptation! Now if I lived where you are, I'd really have a problem!!! BTW: We finally heard from the kid in Pasadena--actually another son (I have 3 of them!) is in LA for a convention and finally tracked the elusive kid down. I guess all is fine after all!

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate your honesty? I really do. You just lay it on the line, and that is what I need. I'm really glad you're in this thread!

Hey you guys, I need some encouragement. Got my 3rd (2nd real) fill today. I was up 2 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks. I know am at 6cc's. I got my body bug last week, have worn it for 8 days, burn an average of 1300+ more calories than I eat each day and I haven't lost a single pound!!!!!! And my hair is falling out!!!!! I remember you all hit the hair thing at about 3 months out and I hit that date on the 26th so I will figure that is par for the course BUT what about the weight thing??? You are all down soooooooo many more pounds than I am. I have been in this same range for almost 2 months. I am getting very discouraged. I even tried the "shock your body with more calories thing" and nothing. Surely a calorie is a calorie and my body can't turn it into 2 or 3 or 5! Although I am feeling like it can and does lately. Any thoughts? No it's not time for aunt flo. Maybe I am getting more muscle???? the fill center doesn't have a scale that shows body fat %. My bmi was 33.something. But I already know that. HELP! Newcc

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -1

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -1

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194

6. lindaa -2

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195

8. marcyinak/Marcy

9. Brandy 166/156 -2 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -2 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari

16. NewCC

17. ribearty -2 lb

18. Car 187/177

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches

24. lapedtolive

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

:funscale:

Hey you guys, I need some encouragement. Got my 3rd (2nd real) fill today. I was up 2 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks. I know am at 6cc's. I got my body bug last week, have worn it for 8 days, burn an average of 1300+ more calories than I eat each day and I haven't lost a single pound!!!!!! And my hair is falling out!!!!! I remember you all hit the hair thing at about 3 months out and I hit that date on the 26th so I will figure that is par for the course BUT what about the weight thing??? You are all down soooooooo many more pounds than I am. I have been in this same range for almost 2 months. I am getting very discouraged. I even tried the "shock your body with more calories thing" and nothing. Surely a calorie is a calorie and my body can't turn it into 2 or 3 or 5! Although I am feeling like it can and does lately. Any thoughts? No it's not time for aunt flo. Maybe I am getting more muscle???? the fill center doesn't have a scale that shows body fat %. My bmi was 33.something. But I already know that. HELP! Newcc

CC,

If you are working out and gaining muscle, it is possible that you may plateau or gain a few pounds. Where you should see a difference though is how your clothes are fitting. You should be losing fat and gaining muscle in areas where we shouldn't have the fat. :)

Keep your head up and just keep working!! We'll all get there eventually, it just takes more work for some of us than others.

~Nichole

How much do you have in your band now? I have 2.5cc in a 4cc band and still don't feel enough restriction. I do feel full longer, but still feel like I'm eating too much. I'm just a bad judge of quantity sizes. I locked my Halloween candy in our storage barn in the yard - will get it out tomorrow to take to my kiddos at school - I actually bought pretty healthy things as far as it goes - Animal Crackers, fruit Roll-Ups, etc.

I really don't pay too much attenion to that but I think I have about 3 in and all i know is i have the new band small - all those #'s are too much to keep track of - all i care about is the restriction and that I have :) and the weight loss and that's coming... I bought good candy cuz i don't the the little kids to suffer cuz i can't eat it - but you know what - i can - i had 1 reeses pb cup last night (again)

but it was only one... and i was truely satisfied with one - and my midnight run to the kitchen only ate 1/2 of my sf fudgecicle. So my brain is working.....

Janet--even at the sweet spot, wine and candy go down just fine, don't they? :( I'm dong OK avoiding the candy, but wine is another story. My son just got his private pilot's license a couple of weeks ago so on Thrusday he is flying DH and me to a part of our state where there are some pretty good wineries--at least good by midwest standards. We're going to have lunch, do a little shopping and fly home. Of course, we can taste the wine before we buy, so that's going to be yet another temptation! Now if I lived where you are, I'd really have a problem!!! BTW: We finally heard from the kid in Pasadena--actually another son (I have 3 of them!) is in LA for a convention and finally tracked the elusive kid down. I guess all is fine after all!

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate your honesty? I really do. You just lay it on the line, and that is what I need. I'm really glad you're in this thread!

Linda - Thanks so much !!! I believe in truth - even if it hurts some times :0) - I have played all the mind games with myself for many years, i am a private eater - I am the one who would say - 1/4 of a pint of ice cream isn't a serving - the whole pint is just one serving - I watched a skinny girl in our office yesterday pull out a pint of ice cream - she had 5 bites and put it back - oh to be normal - but i guess i am getting there - 1 reese pb cup and not a whole bag last night :0)

CC sorry about the Hair loss - I am told that it happens to some - but that it does grow back- but that doesn't help while it's happening so here's a hug:girl_hug:

My bmi started at i think 43 so that mean for us who weigh more we are going to lose faster than those who done (this is mho - i don't know if it's sciencifict or not) Are you keeping a food diary??? You may have just hit a platuea (sp). Increase the intensity of your exercise if you can - they say that's what burns the fat not the lenght of time but how hard you work out - drink plenty of Water as that's one of the ways our body gets rid of the fat - talk to your doc/nutritionist about this.. I don't think i will be losing much this week with my little wine drinking this weekend and skiping exercise on Monday and tonite. this morning scale was down only 1/2 lbs from last week - i have had a fill and not eating half as much as i was the week before.. So who knows why our bodies seem so attached to our fat - Just keep up the good work and it will all work out in the end. I bet you do notice a diff in your clothes though and that's always a great NSV...

So, I'm super excited because I've dropped 6 pounds now since my fill on 10/11. And my BMI is finally under 40!! I just wanted to share this with my friends who would be excited because other people just don't get as excited.

So, I'm super excited because I've dropped 6 pounds now since my fill on 10/11. And my BMI is finally under 40!! I just wanted to share this with my friends who would be excited because other people just don't get as excited.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:CONGRATULATIONS:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congrads, thats a huge accomplishment....

Keep up the good work!!! :clap2:

Hi Phyllis,

Would you please update me to "down 6". Thanks, Car

P.S. Aren't you sorry you started this.

CC,

If you are working out and gaining muscle, it is possible that you may plateau or gain a few pounds. Where you should see a difference though is how your clothes are fitting. You should be losing fat and gaining muscle in areas where we shouldn't have the fat. :(

Keep your head up and just keep working!! We'll all get there eventually, it just takes more work for some of us than others.

~Nichole

Hi CC,

It's quite normal to plateau. Your body has setpoints and to get beyond them can take time. Then, out of the blue you walk onto the doctor's scale and you'll have dropped a chunk of weight. Hang in there. We all hate those stinkin' plateaus.

Car

You go girl!!!!!

Car