Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Brandy a 10 day cruise - omg I am so jealous !!!!:D You know I never really over did food too much on my cruies except for dinner - cuz eating always makes me sleepy and there is soo much to do - but the drinking omg that alone would make me gain - all those "drinks of the days that are so yummy" Where are you going???

Carribean including St Kitts, St Thomas, Barbados (my fav!), Antigua, private island, one more island and then three days at sea. Can't wait, I love to cruise!

Add:

Car 187/177

ssankaofa73 237/227

And now add: DINI 152/144

Ok Gang - I am off this site for 2 hrs minutes - and come back to 2 pages - Can't believe it...

Ah, so that's my problem.... transfer addiction! I AM addicted to this site!! And to all my BAND BUDDIES!! I so agree with everything you said, Janet. Loved your rant/your will power "dissertation"! You help keep me on the right track.

I am ADDICTED - I am here way too much during the day when they pay me to work not give advice :D Tomorrow - I will ck in the morning - then noon and when i get home from exercise - I gotta get some work done - i am going on vacation in 3 weeks for 2 weeks - Not going any where expect not to work - So Phyl you will be here by the end of Nov right?? We can get together...

I wasn't done!!

I also took 1/3 of a burrito and scraped out all the insides and discarded the flour tortilla. So I was able to eat healthy and have a very tasty dinner. then I had a bite of birthday cake. I don't like to waste my calories and tummy space on the stuff that's not giving me good nutrition. So, I'm trying to say that my thinking regarding food has changed pretty drastically.

Phyl Good Job on the food choices - this is what it is all about :clap2:

Hey, Girl, How did your fill go today??? We really need to get a life, don't we?? You and I are ALWAYS here!!

It went fine - I was there for 2 hrs - a tad of it was waiting - but met with the nurtistionist and I am still taking the wrong callcuim - citrate is what i am suppose to take - and now say to get Centrum chewables.. I have 2 big bottles of the flinstone & calicum - I guess i will give my 3 yr gd my Flinstones - but will finish the calicums cuz i like them - She liked my food diary.

I LOVE Dr. Bobby - I always tell him about our support site and i told him that i can't beleive that some of the docs out there don't give their patients alot of info - there are so many newbies out there who don't know what to eat etc - I really like that Dr B has the nutristionist gives you a big binder full of info menus and even home work on how to eat and count Protein ...

Fill went fine - he numbed me up and hit the port on the 2nd or 3rd stick - last time it took FOREVER to find the port. He put in about 1.cc so i have about 2.5 now i think - i don't really concern myself with the size of my band or how many cc's - he has you drink Water and sees if it goes down - got small golf ball after a big sip - he let some out - then made me drink 1 whole glass before he took the needle out. He wants to make sure that i can drink Water comfortably.. I am now on full liquids for a week then mushie/soft (i cheat and combine the 2 - cuz i don't do pureed meats/fish - i eat very soft / moist fish -meat in very small bite.

I had my homemade pinto bean Soup - you make a pot of pinto Beans (beans garlic cumin onion chili powder salt hamhock alittle chiriazo) cook until done - (i am a person who cooks - i don't measure or time except for baking) Drain - reserve the liquid - put Beans in blender or magic bullet - puree and then add back to the broth - CREAM PINTO BEAN SOUP... Great for full liquid diet... Toss ham hocks or give to the dogs. or if you want pick apart and puree with beans. Ate a good full cup and am full..

Dr Bobbie then sits and talks to you after your fill - OMG a doctor who sits and talks to you - Phly - will you be here on the 3rd of Nov - They are having a fashion show receiption dance for their bariatric patients I think it starts at 6:30 let me know and maybe we can meet..

I'm back from my fill. She put 1.5 in Monday. I couldn't even drink without spitting up foam. Today she took out 1. I feel 100% better. I went eat Soup as soon as she was done. I lost 5lbs since the Monday morning weigh in. But I'm not counting that cause it probably was just dehydration. The soup and water probably put it back on.

Mango - I am glad you are doing better

Something I appreciate about all of you - you are very honest. I don't think I've been as honest with myself as you all make me here. Once in a blue moon, I will admit that I gained weight BECAUSE I ATE TOO MUCH, more often I try to blame it on pregnancies, stress, schedule, metabolism, my mom, my husband, my lack of sleep, weather......Being honest makes the weight go away. Fooling myself doesn't! Thanks. NewCC

Newcc - that's what this site is all about :0)

Is anybody else's hair falling off like crazy? I have been taking the same Vitamins I had been since surgery, but since last week huge clumps of hair having been falling off my head. I have tons and tons of hair so it doesn't matter, but my trash is completely filled with my hair. I wonder why?

CeCe - it usually happens to some at about 3 months out - and real cause unknown as it happens to people who do get all their Protein, boitin, Vitamins etc - some think it might be a reaction to going under but there is no real answer - the good news is that it does grow back...

i was wondering if anyone else was having this problem too, mine is so had i wake up and there is all hair on my pillow in the shower also is not good at all. i was told it was because i was not eating enough protein. maybe you should try get more protein rich food or maybe some shakes i'm still having a priblem with food and i can't eat a lot and i really dont like the shakes.< /span>

i too have lots of hair but i can now start feeling the difference in it also it does not look as healthy as it used too!

maybe ring up your nurse and see what she says xxxx

Hi Dini - You are doing great!!! What's your goal weight - you must almost be there

Carribean including St Kitts, St Thomas, Barbados (my fav!), Antigua, private island, one more island and then three days at sea. Can't wait, I love to cruise!

Brandy - To me it's the only way to vacation- I haven't been to St Kitts Aruba - Grenada (sp) belize .. I have done most of the island in the carribean - 5 cruise their and 2 Mexico

Car - Great that you are joining us for the Thanksgiving challenge

Ok - it's 8:30 and i have some t.v. to watch - biggest loser from last night...

So ck ya'll later - have a good night - sweet dreams and stay away from the fridge :biggrin1: Janet

Wow IndioGirl - new picture has you looking pretty darn good! I haven't been on for a while - so just noticed the picture - congrats! Kim

So Phyl you will be here by the end of Nov right?? We can get together...

Fill went fine - he numbed me up and hit the port on the 2nd or 3rd stick - last time it took FOREVER to find the port. He put in about 1.cc so i have about 2.5 now i think - i don't really concern myself with the size of my band or how many cc's - he has you drink Water and sees if it goes down - got small golf ball after a big sip - he let some out - then made me drink 1 whole glass before he took the needle out. He wants to make sure that i can drink water comfortably.. I am now on full liquids for a week then mushie/soft (i cheat and combine the 2 - cuz i don't do pureed meats/fish - i eat very soft / moist fish -meat in very small bite.

Phyl - will you be here on the 3rd of Nov - They are having a fashion show receiption dance for their bariatric patients I think it starts at 6:30 let me know and maybe we can meet..

CeCe - it usually happens to some at about 3 months out - and real cause unknown as it happens to people who do get all their Protein, boitin, Vitamins etc - some think it might be a reaction to going under but there is no real answer - the good news is that it does grow back...

Ok - it's 8:30 and i have some t.v. to watch - biggest loser from last night...

So ck ya'll later - have a good night - sweet dreams and stay away from the fridge :biggrin1: Janet

Darn! i missed Biggest Loser again! I thought I set up a season pass. I better fix it!

No, I won't be there in time for the fashion show.. We leave here a week from tomorrow, but taking a long time to get down there. We're making several stops on the way down to spend time with my sister in OR, our son in the bay area and friends who have a place near Visalia.

Glad your adjustment went well today. I was quite impressed with Dr. Bobby when we went to his seminar last winter. I liked him a lot. I wonder if he would give me a fill or two if needed while I'm down there.

I'm seeing my hairline receding a little in the front and noticing some Hair loss, but nothing too dramatic.

update.gif

Distant0098

Phyllser/Phyl 282/272

IndioGirl/Janet 210/200

forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225

cazulay/Cece

lindaa

frustrated/Ruby 205/195

marcyinak/Marcy

Brandy 166/156

jackie506

Stacymak 236/226

Mango24

SHAND

Chimboree

Kirajh/Kari

NewCC

ribearty

Car 187/177

ssankaofa73 237/227

Dini 152/144

Darn! i missed Biggest Loser again! I thought I set up a season pass. I better fix it!

No, I won't be there in time for the fashion show.. We leave here a week from tomorrow, but taking a long time to get down there. We're making several stops on the way down to spend time with my sister in OR, our son in the bay area and friends who have a place near Visalia.

Glad your adjustment went well today. I was quite impressed with Dr. Bobby when we went to his seminar last winter. I liked him a lot. I wonder if he would give me a fill or two if needed while I'm down there.

I'm seeing my hairline receding a little in the front and noticing some Hair loss, but nothing too dramatic.

I asked him about that today (thinking of you:D) doing fills for banders from out of town.

He said that since each doc installs ports and bands differently its a big liability and that he would do them under flouriscope (sp) and that it would cost quite a bit - I then asked him about fill centers - he says that the band companies don't like them too much - that they rather have the doc do the fills..

As far as the hair issue goes I am lucky so far knock on wood - mine is ok - maybe it's the fat issue - by this i mean we have cut our fat intake by alot - I get some with everymeal - so I think i am getting my allotment :D

Well it's 9:40 and here i still - my bedtime is 10 - i get up at 5 and am to work by 7:30 - so i really better get off this computer - gotta clean up the kitchen, make coffee etc.

Till tomorrow.....

Janet

Dini - I, too, am eating not the right things...I eat a lot of what I CAN eat and not what I SHOULD eat....man, I can go through Cookies and cheetos easy...it's the chicken or any other meat that I have issues with!

Brandy - make sure while you're in St. Thomas to take an excursion to St. John and go to Trunk Bay - it's absolutely beautiful and there's an "underwater tour" that you snorkel through...there are large stones under the Water that you can read with information about everything that you're seeing...the sand is white and just like powder! LOVE IT! We head out on 11/11 to Grand Caymen, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel...it's a family affair. I have to say I prefer the Eastern Caribbean, but I LOVE Grand Caymen!

Thanksgiving Challenge - well, it's gonna suck for me...seems that AFTER I finished my period/flowers/Aunt Flow I GAINED 4 lbs.! That sets me back a few for the challenge...I'm going to aim for 225 for when I get back (the day after Thanksgiving) and we'll see what happens. I have to admit, however, that I've been using my pedometer (finally got it out of the box) and my Treadclimber...oh, and there's some wood chopping that's been done. So, I'm working out more - but just this week so none of that, "Oh, Marcy...you're gaining muscle." That's not what's happening....I'm eating the wrong things and working on eating the right things. Dear Lord, get Halloween over with already!!!!

There are cupcakes in the house!!!! HELP ME! I know there's frosting too....left over, in the fridge....

It's almost 10pm so it would be even MORE stupid for me to succum...

Hold on, sister....you can do it...yeah, that's what I'll do...I'll DO IT...

Better go get my husband!

marcy that is so exacly like me. now a new thing i can't stop eating is prawn crackers they are so yummy buit so so so bad for you.

how did the icing go? did you have any???

indigo girl my gosh your looking amazing i really love the pic. my goal was 126 which is 9 stone in ireland the way we weigh ourselves but i dont think i'll get there my body is not built like that you see i've not got a petit frame i'm broad and solid so if i get to 133 i might just leave it at that. which is 91/2 stone. i'd be more than happy with that. we'll see. i've already decieded that when i get the funds together i'm going to have a tummy tuc and possible a boob job. my tummy is looking rather not very nice at the moment. so my tummy will be fixed but my legs i'm worring about there just so big!!

AuntyPhyl thank yuo for adding me. best get my ass in gear so i can reach this goal!!!

BTW, my current weight is 235...so I need to get down to 225 by Thanksgiving. :eek:

Chim, it's great to see you back on here. Sorry you've been so busy, we've missed you!

Glad to be back, sweetie! I've missed all of ya'll. I should be on here more often now.

I wasn't done!!

I also took 1/3 of a burrito and scraped out all the insides and discarded the flour tortilla. So I was able to eat healthy and have a very tasty dinner. then I had a bite of birthday cake. I don't like to waste my calories and tummy space on the stuff that's not giving me good nutrition. So, I'm trying to say that my thinking regarding food has changed pretty drastically.

WOOHOO!!!! This is HUGE! I am right here w/you. I, too, don't like to waste calories and space on less nutritious things. My thinking has definitely changed, too. I think that's the hardest part w/the band...getting our heads right. But we are on the right track!!! :clap2: