Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I've been taking the Vitaband chewable Multivitamins and melt away Calcium supplements from BariatricAdvantage.com recommended by my Dr. May just resut in expensive urine, but thought it would be good until I get to goal at least. Losing quite a bit of hair in shower and brush, but not sure if it is more than usual. I've got lots of hair, so not worried. I'll take the 10 pounds goal by T'giving, that would be 156! And I think that might be doable, although the 10-day cruise might slow me down a bit.....

Goodnight!

Brandy a 10 day cruise - omg I am so jealous !!!!;) You know I never really over did food too much on my cruies except for dinner - cuz eating always makes me sleepy and there is soo much to do - but the drinking omg that alone would make me gain - all those "drinks of the days that are so yummy" Where are you going???

Ok now on to my news................I went shopping today............needed new jeans...........others were too big :biggrin1:.............mind you before surgery I wore a TIGHT 22........today I put on a pair of.........DRUM ROLL PLEASE............................16 AND THEY FREAKIN FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now down to 218 lbs. I took the 18's and the 16's to the dressing room. Of course I tried the smaller ones on first and I was stunned!!!!! I could have sat down and cried!!! Then being all brave and feeling great I decided I wanted to try on one of those trendy belts that alot of people wear so I went and found one. I have not been able to wear a belt for a VERY long time because I couldn't find one to fit around me. I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!! AND IT FITS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait util tomorrow when I can wear my new jeans and belt.

I had set a mini goal of 210 by Halloween and I still have 8 lbs to go and a week and a half to get there so I am not thinking that is going to happen but I really am not bummed about that. I will get there soon.

Distant I would like to be in your Thanksgiving challenge. Sign me up for 10 lbs by Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing so wonderful here. I am so proud of all of us!!!! We are winners and we are kicking arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whoo:

Ok now on to my news................I went shopping today............needed new jeans...........others were too big :biggrin1:.............mind you before surgery I wore a TIGHT 22........today I put on a pair of.........DRUM ROLL PLEASE............................16 AND THEY FREAKIN FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now down to 218 lbs. I took the 18's and the 16's to the dressing room. Of course I tried the smaller ones on first and I was stunned!!!!! I could have sat down and cried!!! Then being all brave and feeling great I decided I wanted to try on one of those trendy belts that alot of people wear so I went and found one. I have not been able to wear a belt for a VERY long time because I couldn't find one to fit around me. I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!! AND IT FITS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait util tomorrow when I can wear my new jeans and belt.

I had set a mini goal of 210 by Halloween and I still have 8 lbs to go and a week and a half to get there so I am not thinking that is going to happen but I really am not bummed about that. I will get there soon.

Distant I would like to be in your Thanksgiving challenge. Sign me up for 10 lbs by Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing so wonderful here. I am so proud of all of us!!!! We are winners and we are kicking arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whoo:

Jackie GREAT NSV:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo: I am so happy for you..

Okay... here are the names I have of those who want to take the THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE.... 10 LB. BY THANKSGIVING:

Distant0098

Phyllser/Phyl 282/272

IndioGirl/Janet

forgve70x7/Nichole

cazulay/Cece

lindaa

frustrated/Ruby..... 205/195

marcyinak/Marcy

Brandy 166/156

jackie506

Anyone else want to join in??

Count me in

I'm gonna call the dr's office tomorrow. I think I'm too tight.

I got coffee on the way back to work after my fill this morning.

I never finished it. I haven't even drank 1 whole glass of Water today. This feeling is very unpleasant.

Count me in

I'm gonna call the dr's office tomorrow. I think I'm too tight.

I got coffee on the way back to work after my fill this morning.

I never finished it. I haven't even drank 1 whole glass of Water today. This feeling is very unpleasant.

=

IF YOU WOULD LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS GO. I GOT MY FILL LIKE I SAID THE 16TH OF THIS MONTH AND DID THE liquid FOR 2 DAYS AND NOW I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING WITH OUT SLIM SORRY BUT YOU KNOW. I AM DOING THE SAME THING WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT TO. I GONNA TRY AND LOSE A LITTLE MORE WEIGHT AND HOPE IT WILL LOOSEN IT UP. MAYBE I'M A LITTLE SWOLLEN TO YOU THINK THAT COULD BE IT BECAUSE I COULD DRINK FOR 2 DAYS NOW I CAN'T. BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP ME UPDATED.

:sick

=

IF YOU WOULD LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS GO. I GOT MY FILL LIKE I SAID THE 16TH OF THIS MONTH AND DID THE LIQUID FOR 2 DAYS AND NOW I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING WITH OUT SLIM SORRY BUT YOU KNOW. I AM DOING THE SAME THING WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT TO. I GONNA TRY AND LOSE A LITTLE MORE WEIGHT AND HOPE IT WILL LOOSEN IT UP. MAYBE I'M A LITTLE SWOLLEN TO YOU THINK THAT COULD BE IT BECAUSE I COULD DRINK FOR 2 DAYS NOW I CAN'T. BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP ME UPDATED.

:sick

SINCE I CAN'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING ANYWAY COUNT ME IN ON THE THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE. GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE...:clap2::clap2: SHARON

shand- I had a fill a couple of weeks ago and I felt like there was a lump in my throat and just didn't feel right. I went back in 2 days after my fill and I was too tight. MY PA told me I done the right thing because you don't want to be to tight. That is just what MY docs said. I would call your doctor and let them know. If you are too tight you run the risk of reflux in the esophagus and over time that can cause dilation of the esophagus and could result in having to remove all of your fill or if bad enough removing the band. That is what I was told again by MY docs. Give them a call sweety. ;)

I KNOW I SHOULD GO BUT I HATE TO TAKE ANY OF MY FILL OUT AND WHEN SHE PUT IT IN THIS TIME SHE MISSED AND MOVED THE NEEDLE AROUND AND I'M THINKING IT MIGHT HAVE SWOLLEN A LITTLE. AND I JUST CLEANED MYSELF OUT I SAW WHERE THEY TOLD YOU THAT, YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD HAVE JUST LET YOU CLEAN YOURSELF OUT INSTEAD OF TAKING YOUR FILL OUT. I'M GOING TO TRY AND DRINK MY Protein ONLY AND IF THAT DON'T WORK I WON'T EAT FOR A DAY IT WON'T KILL ME WE HAVE ALL DID IT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. IF IT'S NOT BETTER IN 2 DAY'S I WILL GO TO THE DOCTOR AND DO WHAT I HAVE TO BUT I SURE HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO. I REALLY THINK IT'S SWOLLEN A LITTLE. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ABOUT THE REFLUX, LOSING MY BAND WOULD BE TOTALLY THE WORSE THING THAT COULD HAPPEN. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE WARNING AND I WILL GO IF IT DON'T STOP. SHARON

Sharon

I go for my 2nd fill on Wed -

I don't have a medical license (but i know a few who think i should :)) so I will tell you what I would do - My doc requires that after a fill i go on full liquid only for 1 week, then mushies, soft and finally week 4 i get regular food - I think that this is to allow your stomach to get use to the new tightness and to introduce food back slowly - some say they don't feel their fill until 2 weeks after. IMHO again not a doc - I would try liquids for a week - but make sure you get all your Protein and then proceed to mushies for a week - then soft etc -

I should ask are you able to get liquids down without a problem, are you chewing your food real good and taking small bites and eating slowly - even now with just a tad restriction if i don't do these things (most small bites and chewing well) i will pb...

I of the same mindset - lose a couple of extra pound while you can.

But you should really ck with your doctor since it's almost 2 weeks since your fill.. (my disclaimer ;)) I sure don't want to give you mis information and you hurt yourself

THANKS FOR THE INFO THAT IS KINDA WHAT I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT, I'M ALSO THINKING IT COULD BE SWOLLEN A BIT SHE MISSED THE FIRST TIME AND MOVED THE NEEDLE AROUND BECAUSE I COULD DRINK THE FIRST COUPLE DAYS SO I'M GOING BACK TO Protein Drinks ONLY FOR A DAY OR TWO AND IF THAT SITLL BOTHERS ME I WILL SKIP A DAY FROM EVERYTHING IT WON'T KILL ME I HAVE DID IT BEFORE, I KNOW IT'S NOT GOOD TO DO BUT SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO RIGHT? I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH THE MUSHIES LIKE YOU SAID IT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME. WISH ME LUCK I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY OF MY FILL TAKEN OUT. BOY I WOULD HATE THAT. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PLAN AND I'LL DO. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. SHARON

:pray:

Okay... here are the names I have of those who want to take the THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE.... 10 LB. BY THANKSGIVING:

Distant0098

Phyllser/Phyl 282/272

IndioGirl/Janet

forgve70x7/Nichole

cazulay/Cece

lindaa

frustrated/Ruby..... 205/195

marcyinak/Marcy

Brandy 166/156

jackie506

Anyone else want to join in??

Add: Mango24

Shand

This isn't lab-band realted, but is anyone familiar with Southern California? My son lives in Pasadena, and he doesn't have much communication with us. (he's a doctoral student who is too busy for mom and dad. . .) I been trying to find out if there are any fires near there, but I can't find any information about the Pasadena area. Maybe that's because they're not affected yet? I could use a geography lesson.

:hungry:

How about 10 lb. by Thanksgiving?? That's a little over a month. Count me in!

:funscale:

ME, TOO!!!! Sign me up!

Hello everyone! I've missed ya'll! Looks like everyone is doing well. I have been super busy w/the 2 jobs. I can't wait until I give this 2nd one up. It should be some time soon. I just wanted to build up a nice emergency fund. This 2nd job is wearing me out!

Can ya'll believe I'm sick, A-G-A-I-N?!?! :angry Sinus and ear infection. I get better for a couple of days and wham. It comes back. It's b/c I'm not getting enough rest to truly kick it. So I'm back on antibiotics. I've really gotta get rid of this other job!

I'm gonna go back and read over what I've missed.

Chim - Girl you better talk care of yourself. Taking antibiotics is serious business. You have been taking them since before you got the band. You better get all healed before they stop working, then you'll be up da freakin creek without a paddle.

Maybe you should take some time off. I'm worried about ya.