Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Indigo--you gotta have some days like that--a couple hundred more calories stimulates your metabolism and is not necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully you got the exercise in today and are not wallowing in artificial guilt (like I tend to do when I splurge). Remember, we're in it for the long haul, and little oopses aren't going to matter in the scheme of things! You are so good at encouraging others--so I just want to give a little back!

Hope you all have a great weekend. You can send some positive energy my way. I have to give that presentation tomorrow, and while I can lecture to a classroom of students, getting up in front of a group of strangers and speaking for 1 1/2 hours is NOT my gift!

Thanks Linda

No I don't feel bad at all really - I appreciate the encouragement though I am not one who feels too much guilt (i can be selfish at times) I am great at giving it to my kids - I would make a great jewish mother (no offensive intended to any jewish people - I am almost jewish - grew up with a jewish girl who's parents spoke hebrew when they didn't want us to know what they were taking about - we were born 13 days apart - both chubby girls - both sucked our thumbs - met when we were 2 at nursery school - we call each other sisters - She went to church more than she went to temple - i digress :eek:) but I don't accept it

"it is what it is and all you can do is go forward" - I only had a bowl of cheerios (honey nut) 3/4 cup with 2% milk - so it wasn't like i went out and ate a whole cake or a bag of reese Peanut Butter cups (my fav) - i usually eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day - last nite had an extra 1/4 of tatoes & then the Cereal and ck leg...

OMG to have to talk for 1 1/2 hrs - I could do it for 5 minutes but that would be it.. Good Luck on that...

Ok I am back from my UNfill. I feel so much better!!! My appointment was at 11:30 and by that time I felt a big ol' lump in my throat. Wasn't painful so I am thankful for that. Anyway after my fill the other day I had a total fill of 9.3cc (which I thought was alot but I guess not). She removed .9 cc today and I now have 8.4cc.

This may be TMI but I am going to share anyway. After she was done unfilling a little she told me she could see that my colon was full. She asked if my bowels had been moving and I told her not the last 3 days and for about 4 days before that (sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!) I told her I usually drink benefiber in orange juice each morning but I haven't done it regularly for the past couple of weeks. She told me to take milk of mag today when I got home along with my OJ and benefiber and continue with the benefiber daily. She said that could be why my fill became so tight because it wasn't tight like that 2 days ago. She told me to clean myself out and see how I feel. She said I may need a tweek next week or the following week so if I do I can just call. Thank GOD my insurance is picking up the tab 100%. I met my out of pocket max for the year with the pre-surgery testing so they paid for the surgery and everything else medical the rest of the year at 100%. I hate to see January roll around because then I have to start that annual out of pocket max of $2000.00 again. :eek:

It was like magic. I felt crappy and she stuck the needle in and had me swallow barium and it didn't go down well and she took some out and told me to swallow more barium and .....POOF!!!........just like that the lump and discomfort was gone and I felt fine. Thirsty but fine. LOL

Feeling fine now. :whoo: Tired from last night but I will sleep well tonight.

Forgot to tell you all. The body bugg is being featured on our local news health segment tonight. Can't wait to see what they have to say!!!

Hi everyone

I just had my second fill this morning and I still don't have restriction. But, I did lose four pounds the lsast three weeks which was a surprise. A nice one though. Next fill is scheduled for Nov. 9.

Kari

banded 7-15-07

Dr. Ortiz

down 41 lbs

Ok I am back from my UNfill. I feel so much better!!! My appointment was at 11:30 and by that time I felt a big ol' lump in my throat. Wasn't painful so I am thankful for that. Anyway after my fill the other day I had a total fill of 9.3cc (which I thought was alot but I guess not). She removed .9 cc today and I now have 8.4cc.

This may be TMI but I am going to share anyway. After she was done unfilling a little she told me she could see that my colon was full. She asked if my bowels had been moving and I told her not the last 3 days and for about 4 days before that (sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!) I told her I usually drink benefiber in orange juice each morning but I haven't done it regularly for the past couple of weeks. She told me to take milk of mag today when I got home along with my OJ and benefiber and continue with the benefiber daily. She said that could be why my fill became so tight because it wasn't tight like that 2 days ago. She told me to clean myself out and see how I feel. She said I may need a tweek next week or the following week so if I do I can just call. Thank GOD my insurance is picking up the tab 100%. I met my out of pocket max for the year with the pre-surgery testing so they paid for the surgery and everything else medical the rest of the year at 100%. I hate to see January roll around because then I have to start that annual out of pocket max of $2000.00 again. :eek:

It was like magic. I felt crappy and she stuck the needle in and had me swallow barium and it didn't go down well and she took some out and told me to swallow more barium and .....POOF!!!........just like that the lump and discomfort was gone and I felt fine. Thirsty but fine. LOL

Feeling fine now. :whoo: Tired from last night but I will sleep well tonight.

Jackie - Glad to hear that you are feeling better - My doc has large program fee but it covers me for 5 yrs of office visits & fills. I must get enought Fiber & oil in my diet and i have had only 1 bout of being stopped up.

Hi everyone

I just had my second fill this morning and I still don't have restriction. But, I did lose four pounds the lsast three weeks which was a surprise. A nice one though. Next fill is scheduled for Nov. 9.

Kari

banded 7-15-07

Dr. Ortiz

down 41 lbs

Kari :clap2::clap2::clap2: congrats on 41 lbs :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forgot to tell you all. The body bugg is being featured on our local news health segment tonight. Can't wait to see what they have to say!!!

Jackie, I am so glad that you got your fill adjusted! That is an aweful feeling.

I was really glad you gave us the info on your "backup" problem... Ihad no idea that that could happen to us bandsters....!!

I will definetly keep vigile over my B.M.'s and make sure that I take my fibre!

Hello Dini, Phyl and all you other gals!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from Palm Springs.... OMG what a beautiful place!!! Indio, I envy you for living in such a paradise. I love the dryness (I absolutely hate humidity).

My DH had a great time, he got to explore the area while I was at the conference. Then we enjoyed the resort in the evening.

I had a few PB moments throughout the week, but nothing too horrible. I was able to enjoy myself without too much restriction. That's why I chose not to get my second fill until I returned.

Didn't gain any weight while I was gone. YEAH!!!!

I am planning to get my 2nd fill this week, so will definately have greater restriction.

One thing I noticed while travelling... I tend to get stuck when I'm eating quickly (of course), but if I stand up, it passes easier. Also, I noticed that when I'm sitting, if I drink Water it sometimes will get a bit backed up and I'll slime just on Water, but only if I'm sitting. I imagine if I ate and drank standing, I'd have no problems. :heh:

Glad to be home, and now I can concentrate more on losing weight.

Hello all,

Just got back from Florida. Had a great time, but did gain a few pounds back, so I'm at 202-203 now. But fill number 3 is coming up on Oct. 22, so hopefully I'll start losing again. I'm at the point I can eat a lot, but still can't get toasted breads or Bagels to go down at all. Wierd.

Hope everyone is losing, and have a great weekend.

Hi Lynette,

Welcome back. Was Florida nice? Congrats on your weight loss so far, even though you gained a few while away... no big problem!

I'm the same, I can eat a lot of food, but bready stuff seems to have problems. I'm going for my 2nd fill next week, now that I'm back.

Hi everyone! I've been out of pocket for awhile and was just catching up on posts the last day or two. Hope everyone is doing well. I've been doing good, but feeling a little under the weather and stressed at work, and traveling to boot. But, I've lost a few more pounds and got into the 160's which is great! Clothes are fitting well too.

I saw that a few people seem to be testing their bands and I wonder why, when everyone invested alot of time and money into getting this tool. I haven't been trying to test the band, just trying to keep losing. I have had a sip of my DH's coke once or twice at a restaurant and it tests terrible. I gave up my Dt Mt Dews in July, but haven't really missed them. Drink Water all day with one crystal light a day with my benefiber in it.

Kathy- Florida was fun, we went to the Tampa Zoo, and went on a dolphin watching boat ride. It was fabulous.

I know I'll get the pds down after my fill. I like you did not want to get it before vacation in case I had any problems with it. I didn't want to go to a hospital that may not have known anything about the band.

Brandy- as far as testing the band, in my opinion for myself, I don't feel like I am testing it. I'm used to eating until I feel the sense of being satisfied. I don't feel satisfied with the 4 ozs. that used to fill me up now, so I may go to 6 or 8 ozs. Yes, I admit I ate foods that were not on my list, but it is very hard to stay on a strict paln when you are out of town, visiting relatives that have no idea that you had the surgery. Every meal was difficult for me. If I didn't eat it all, I was asked why, was I not feeling good, or was the food bad, and if I only ordered a salad, I was asked to try someone elses meal, just for a taste. So yes, I know I went over board, but I did get in more excercise then I had been getting in, so I felt that I did ok.

I know the things I can't eat, and I don't try to get them through, because they will not go. I was a self payer, as I didn't end up getting my refund for surgery after all, so my money is very important to me, and I didn't spend $17,000 to not have results. The band is a wonderful thing, and I will never take it for granted.

Lynette, Kathy, Brandy--Nice to see you guys! I'm afraid to even try bread, Bagels, hamburger Buns, or soda. Benefiber sounds like a good idea--I'm going to get me some today! Gotta love this board!

Jackie--Glad to hear you're feeling better! That little unfil must have felt sooooo good! Hope you got a good night's sleep and are ready to attack again today.

Brandy--It's hard to stay motivated when you don't feel good. Keep up the good work!

Kari--sounds like you're doing all the work. It will be nice when you get the proper amount of fill so you don't have to battle hunger constantly. It really does help. You might not lose any faster, but just not feeling hunger is half the battle.

Love you guys!

Hi Crew!,

Life has been very hectic lately. A computer software package we installed quite a few months ago is just not playing nicely with the big computer it is installed on, and I've been fighting it tooth and nail. It takes all of my energy for 10 hrs. a day.

On the bright side, I have had 3 fills ranging from 0.50 cc to 0.25 cc . It seems so strange when I hear of 2.0 cc+ fills, but the last one certainly was effective. yippee!! I'm down to 187 lbs. and smiling. I think that working out is really helping, and my dog now stands on the treadmill waiting for me to crank it up.

All of the leaves up here have changed color and dropped off the aspens. I enjoy the rare red leaves best as they remind me of the glorious oaks and maples back home. Fall is fully installed which means winter will be here in a very few weeks. At this elevation in the Rockies (the mountains, not the award winning baseball team. GOOOOOO ROCKIES!!!!) we have a saying that we have 4 seasons....WWWIIINNNTTTEEERRR, spring, smr, autumn. It loses a lot in the printing, but you can get the general idea. Our frost-free season is June 1 through Sept. 1. Not great for tomatoes. I'm trying hydroponics as an alternative.

Anyway, glad to read you all.

Car :ranger:

G-morning everyone. Lynette so nice to see you back. Sounds like your vacation was great!! I am soooo jealous of you and Kathy. I would love to go to Florida.

I am feeling really good this morning. Slept really well last night. Unfortunately the awful hunger feeling is there. I am just going to try working with it for a while. I really hope I didn't get the fill for just the 'backed up' problem and now since I am not having plumbing problems I am not restricted enough. The doc told me that very well could be and did tell me that I would prob want a refill in a week or 2. LOVE MY BAND but she sure is a finicky thing. LOL Girls got a mind of her own!!!

Well I better get. We are going to y sons state band competition today and we have to drive about 3 hours to get there. I need to get showered and dressed yet. Just got done cooking Breakfast for the family. I was wondering, does anyone else experience this. Whenever I eat Breakfast it seems like it sets a trend for the whole day and I want to eat all day and even find that I am hungry (real hunger!) alot more. :omg:

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from Palm Springs.... OMG what a beautiful place!!! Indio, I envy you for living in such a paradise. I love the dryness (I absolutely hate humidity).

Didn't gain any weight while I was gone. YEAH!!!! /quote]

Welcome back Kathy - Yes from Oct to May this is a great place to live - it June - July - August and Sept that are hard... But yes 98% of the time it is dry heat - we do get more humidity than we use to cuz of all the golf courses... I have lived here all my life - so it's all i know - I think i would like to live somewhere where it was great - after awhile the DESERT and all it's sand looses some of it's bueaty...

Hello all,

Just got back from Florida. Had a great time, but did gain a few pounds back, so I'm at 202-203 now. But fill number 3 is coming up on Oct. 22, so hopefully I'll start losing again. I'm at the point I can eat a lot, but still can't get toasted breads or Bagels to go down at all. Wierd.

Hope everyone is losing, and have a great weekend.

Welcome back Lynette - I too can't wait for my fill on the 24th - i can eat a cow if i allowed myself.. I can eat bread - I bought the lite stuff with only 80 calories for 2 slices - I haven't tryed a bagel - but don't really want to cuz of the calories...

G-morning everyone.

Well I better get. We are going to y sons state band competition today and we have to drive about 3 hours to get there. I need to get showered and dressed yet. Just got done cooking breakfast for the family. I was wondering, does anyone else experience this. Whenever I eat breakfast it seems like it sets a trend for the whole day and I want to eat all day and even find that I am hungry (real hunger!) alot more. :omg:

Jackie - I agree with you about the eating breakfast - well back in the old days when I was younger - I wouldn't eat breakfast and I wasn't all that hungry - but if i did i would be hungry all day... I have noticed though in the last few yrs i am now hungry in the mornings around 8-9 a.m - and i have to eat - I can't ignore it any longer. I really try to eat lite in the mornings - about 100 calories max - and 200 for lunch - cuz i am a pig once night time comes... I find that if i am out and about away from home i am not as hungry as i am when i just sit and read or watch tv - if i doing something - I don't think as much about food as when i'm not..

Well - off to get my GS windows tinted - have been up since 6:30 - did 4 miles at the gym again this morning - my new goal - 4 miles every saturday - along with my 2 or 3 miles the other 4 days a week