Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Laurend, didn't know you taught! I am not anxious to go back! I definitely would NEVER go back if I had to teach what you teach, lol! Molecular, what? LOL

Hey, do you have any trouble with food getting stuck or reflux since your fill?

Curious if anyone is having trouble with any of those things since their fills? I know Lynette has been filled too! Been reading that is an issue for some people! confused.gif I am to go for a fill on Weds. afternoon, right now staying full for 2 to 2 and a half hours!

I have trouble sometimes when I eat soft bread, sandwiches, and sometimes chicken. I don't PB or slime, but it feels like it gets stuck.
Laurend - I've always felt the best way to learn (or re-learn in your case) is to teach. It will all come back to you and you may even come up with better ways to comprehend and remember the material!happy.gif
That's what I'm hoping for.

Hi Everyone.

I had my post op appt. and everything went well. I found out that I have the 4cc band and I'm scheduled to have my 1st fill in a month.

I had a rough weekend but I got through it and I'm now trying to rebuild. I ate almost all the wrong foods and didn't excercise a lick. Potato chips were my downfall but what was nice is that I didn't eat the amount that I would have eaten pre-banding. I just hope it didn't cause a weight gain.

Today I got back on track (screw the weekend and all the people who made it suck...whats done is done)! I woke up today and took a 55 minute walk through my neighborhood. I was shocked that all that time past but glad I did it. I ate 1/2 a chicken chimichanga and 1/2 cup of seasoned black Beans. I had not problem tolerating the wrap that it was made with so I think I'll have the rest for dinner.< /p>

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm all caught up on our posts and its nice to see that we have a great community going here. You guys are the best.

Something wonderful has happened! I went to lunch with my sister and all the kids...ordered a lunch special - a quesadilla (yeah, not the healthiest, but this was a treat). It came with about 8 wedges of quesadilla and some fries. I was only able to eat 3 of the wedges (didn't eat the fries, and although I was thirsty, didn't drink). I was FULL! Yes, really, FULL!

I have to admit that it was incredibly difficult to not munch on what was still left on my plate while wating for a to-go box. I told my sis that it was really bothering me to not finish what was served.

I know that I still ate more than my supposed capacity, but there we/are no PBs, sliming, or discomfort. I'm just glad I couldn't eat more!

Needless to say, I was giving a very thankful prayer on my drive home!

Hey gang! I've missed ya'll! I've been super busy this past weekend and didn't get a chance to check in and say hello!

I hope all is going well. I have a little catching up to do.

I called my doc's office today to ask about fills. I have my 2nd post-op appt on Thursday. My doc doesn't fill until 8 weeks post-op!!!!!!:car: I am starving. On Thursday, I'm meeting w/my dietician, too. They're s'posed to move me to solids. I'll actually get to chew!!! Yay!!!

Hi Everyone.

I had my post op appt. and everything went well. I found out that I have the 4cc band and I'm scheduled to have my 1st fill in a month.

I had a rough weekend but I got through it and I'm now trying to rebuild. I ate almost all the wrong foods and didn't excercise a lick. Potato chips were my downfall but what was nice is that I didn't eat the amount that I would have eaten pre-banding. I just hope it didn't cause a weight gain.

Me, too. I had a horrible weekend, food-wise. The worst, yet. I ate bad stuff (pizza and a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant) and didn't exercise, either. I didn't drink any of my Protein Drinks, either. I was so disappointed in myself. Like you, I didn't eat what I would've pre-band, but still...But, I just gotta get back up.

I just hope I didn't do any damage! :car:

Hi Guys,

I'm a July 31, 2007 bandee.

Life has been interesting since banding with highs, lows and things in between.

The high was losing 6" off my waist. The low was having to spend 4 days on IVs to do it, after an emergency admission to the hospital 3 days post surgery.

Twenty days after banding, I still have no appetite.

I enjoy reading all of your trials and victories. I too have tried pizza (1 small slice fine initially, but weighty in the stomach after 15 min.), Pasta (ok), and the less mundane (1000 mg niacin out of the capsule, stirred into Water and quickly PBed).

I have found that acetaminophen just sits at the bottom of the constriction and irritates the heck out of it; flat soda tastes pretty good; and a stitch in the side may save 9 (tongue in cheek), but it hurts by the middle of the work day.

Later,

Welcome ImFine and Car! This is the best group of people!!! We're glad you're here!

Welcome new members!!!

Marcy- 3 wedges, that's great!!! I can't wait until I have that kind of restriction. Way to go.

Chim- glad to hear from you. I can't believe you are still on mushies/soft foods.Hand in there girlfriend. You can do it!

Just came back from Curves, I have been trying to go at it hard, and now I am completely exhausted. But hopefully it will move that scale back down tomorrow. I noticed that the scale does not move on the weekends then I do not work out. But I need a break, so I will just live with it.

I am getting ready to make dinner, we will have salmon with dill sauce. Yummy. I have been cooking healthy stuff every evening, and am starting to really enjoy it. I bought a Cooking Light Supper Fast Suppers book that has a lot of great recipes. I found it on Amazon.com and highly recommend it.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

My first fill was no real big deal. My doc wanted to fill me to 6 cc in a 10 cc band. The band comes pre-filled with 3-4 cc, so he added 3 cc; whoa! I felt the restriction immediately. He had me get up and drink some water; it wouldn't go down. It felt like instant major acid reflux. So, he got a bigger syringe (same diameter needle) and removed all of the saline--well, it seems the band came filled with 5 cc and when he added 3 cc it was considerably more than the 6 cc he wanted me to have. So, he just put in an even 6 cc and I go back in a month.

I came home and drank some hot chamomile tea and it went down fine. I had my quick and easy Italian dish that's one of my real treats, and was able to eat about 1/2 cup with no problems. It took me about 20 minutes to get it down, but I felt full and stopped. It was great. That was about an hour ago and I'm still feeling fine.

So, that's that. No more mystery, and I'm very pleased with the first fill, so far :-)

I have to admit that it was incredibly difficult to not munch on what was still left on my plate while wating for a to-go box. I told my sis that it was really bothering me to not finish what was served.

Congrats on limiting yourself marcy. :) I haven't had an opportunity to really dine out yet. Whenever we've gone, all I've ordered is a cup of Soup, so no use for a to-go box. But your experience gave me an idea as I'm sure I will be the same and nibble on what's on my plate until the box comes. I think I'll ask for one as soon as they bring my plate and I know I'm never going to make my way through it all. That way, when I'm done, I can put my left-overs in the box right away and put it out of sight. That way I won't be tempted to graze. :biggrin1:

Imfine and Car, welcome to the Lucky 7's.

Chim, been wondering where you were. Hope you'e doing good.

Marcy, you have restriction!!! Way to go only eating 3 pieces.

Sunny, where have your been.

Dini, did you kidnap Sunny and take off. You didn't even stop and get me!! You've been MIA for a while now!!

Nurse76, I think you dropped of the planet, where ae you??? Hope you've been well and doing good in school. Stop in and see us!!

dmtjet, have your room ready yet, the kiddies are coming soon!!

Cazulay, do you like Curves? I did it for a year, but am no longer a member. I liked it, but then I went and spent $200 on a home gym that I don't use, go figure. But I plan to get on it soon.

ssankofa, love the attitude. Let it go and start fresh this week.

I went to the physchologist today. She said I was doing great. Had to weigh in again. I lost another lb from their last record, but was 2 lbs heavier than my scale. I'm figuring with my jeans on instead of light shorts and being in the aftenoon makes a diference. I'm beginning to not like the scale, as you weigh different at different times, at different places. Too hard to keep track of. I've decided to let my scale go, to the basement. Out of sight, out of mind. I'll continue to get weighed at the office and that's it. I'm not changing my ticker, it's just going to have to wait for me to get there with the doc's scale numbers.

I've decided it's going to be a long road, and with every journey we take we will have ups, and downs. I know it will come off if I follow the rules and guidelines. I need to start paying more attention to the NSV's that are sure to come, than what the numbers say on the scale. After all, isn't that what we are all lokking forward to the most. Remember all those things that we listed that we were looking forward to accomplishing with the loss. Not one of us mentioned a number. When I think about losing the weight, I imagine myself healthy at the end, not thin, and a scale can't measure my health. It's just a number.

Frustrated, you can always ask for them to box up half of the meal when you order too. Many places will do this for you.

Imfine, sounds like your fill is working well for you. Glad you tried the Water before leaving the office. This may help others to do this also just to test the "waters" before leaving.

Frustrated, you can always ask for them to box up half of the meal when you order too. Many places will do this for you.

Thanks Lynette! Now I have two game plans. :)

OK......I knew it was coming!!!!!!!!!! My appetite is back!!!!!!!!!!! And it's pissing me off..... I had a cup of Soup tonight and I was still starving, I had left over string Beans (which Im not supposed to me eating solids yet, but I ate about a cup of those (I chewed very well)- I could have eaten more. It has taken 3 weeks for it to return, and it sucks!!!!!!!!! I have my appointment for a fill Sept 10th which is 3 weeks away. I am very cranky!!! I'm going to BED!!!