Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi, Gang,

We are still "camping" in our RV. The first three days the weather was less than impressive but today it was a beautiful day in the Pacific NW. We went for a scenic drive this morning that was lovely. THEN, we stopped for lunch. I have to VENT!! My DH is a control freak. I have been grateful for his "help" fixing my food, including measuring it diligently so that I don't have more than 1/2 cup. But when we go out to eat and he can't control the portions I am being served he does not trust me to make an intelligent decision about how much to eat... how much is 1/2 cup. I really do have some restriction even though I haven't yet had my first fill. I get uncomfortable if I try to eat more than 1/2 cup. We went to a seafood restaurant. I wanted to try the seafood chowder, tomoato based, then have some steamed halibut. He could not shut up about what I was ordering and then made an inappropriate comment about me going through all the trouble of having this surgery and now I'm going to blow it!! I was so mad I coudn't see straight. By the time I got my lunch ordered I had to leave the table and go to the rest room for a melt down. When my food came, I only ate a few bites of the chowder because he was on my case about how much I was going to eat. I finally just gave it to him and waited for my halibut. I ate half of that and took the rest back to the RV for later. I probably had a little more than 1/2 cup, but less than a full cup... maybe 3/4 cup. And I did feel uncomfortable for a while, but I'd never tell him that!! Wed. is our 43rd wedding anniversary and I told him I do NOT even want to go out for dinner. We'd planned to go somewhere special, but I'm not going to put up with those antics again. Anyone else having trouble with a spouse trying to control everything??? I told him he needs to let me do this!!

Sorry!! I really needed to vent!!

:cry :cry :faint: :help:

Hey Auntie Phyll! Glad to hear from you! I'm sorry your DH is being so controlling. I'm sure he thinks he's helping, but we know otherwise. Maybe after your anger and frustration is gone, you two can have a heart to heart about this. I hope this situation gets better!

Aunty Phil- Sorry your husband is watching every move you make. My husband hasnt made any comments but I do notice that he is watching. Im trying to figure out why, Im not sure if he is just very curious or he is concerned. I dont think he is doing it to be controling. I agree with Kathy- tell him outright to back off a bit. That this is your journey and you have to be the one in control of it. Sometime some people think they are helping by the comments they make but they are actually making things more difficult. Go out to dinner for your anniversary, Celebrate this time in your life, but talk to him before you go. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy- are you able to tolerate spicy foods? Im really afraid to try at this point. I had meatballs with a little Tomato sauce tonight and it is bothering me a little.

hi everyone i got banded on july 30th in mexico bt dr. huacuz. i feel great and have healed very well. the only thing i lost is inches but no weight. that is because i had no menu and didn`t know i need to eat Protein to lose. dont get me wrong i had a menu but i have two different ones and i really didn`t know what i could have. all i knew was i was hungry. having suregery is great in mexico but when you come home you are on your own. i am on Protein Shakes now and will do mushies maybe my third week because i messed up terrible after my 11th day. any support will be appreciated. congragulations to all july banisters we are doin it. woohoo.:help::help::help::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hello everyone. I was banded on July 20th. doing pretty well but I still have some pain in the main incision area. (where the port is) is this normal. I am also having diaherra (spelling?) about once a week. I think this is from the 1/2 of the decafe late I had the other day. is anyone else finding that they are having reactions to milk? ( I know I am not supposed to be having milk.. it is hard because I used to drink it everyday). Thanks

Welcome YummieT

My doc says between 50 to70 grams of protien a day. Make sure you get enough it will hold down hunger. You can get unflavored protien to add to your mushies at GNC.< /p>

Night All..

Hey everyone.... I got my 1st fill today:) 2cc's....I'm so excited.... I'm on liquids for the next two days. I hope when I eat again I have good restriction. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, just a little sting from the numbing medication. As far as my exercising goes I've started walking and I just unwrapped my Billy Blanks Bootcamp dvd set w/the Billy Bands, that I've had for at least 6months unopened:rolleyes.... He has to be THE most hyper person on the planet, he work you out until your last breath.. Does anyone else have the set? I'm going to need some good motivation for that man.

Ribearty (u posted this on the recipes thread)

Does anyone still experience pain where their port incision is or where their port is attached to their stomach? I am still having pain at times and am wondering if anyone else is. It doesn't last long but it hits a few times a day. Please let me know. Thanks. My surgery date was 7/20.

I only feel pain when the waist band of my pants press against my stomach or when I wake up and realize that I've rolled over on my stomach.

I am having port incision tenderness. Like when my shirt rubs against the incision. I sure hope it goes away soon.

Phyl - I totally understand your dilema with your DH, I finally had to tell mine that I don't need the finger wagging, just the support. As Kathy stated, it's YOUR journey and you know what you can handle.

I agree though......43 years married.....go celebrate!!!

Hello Everyone! Haven't been on for a few days and not sure when I will get a chance to read back over the posts! If there is anything I need to know, someone enlighten me! Working on my classroom and doing loads of paperwork! Not so good for the exercise part, lol, only possibly mentally!!!!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying focused! I know I can eat way more than I need to!!!! Should get a fill next Friday, so hopefully that will make a difference! Right now, counting on my honesty and quite frankly, if it will go in, I am in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!:wacko:

Lynette, Chim, Sunny, Kathy, Dini, Laurend, and everyone else ...

HI ALL!!!! Hope everyone is doing well and on track to a new life!!!! Anybody having trouble with retaining Water and swollen hands and feet????????????? YIKES, I sure am!!! Hands feel like anchors, lol!!!!!!!!!! Hurts to type!!!!

Good morning Jeanie.......sounds like you are gearing back up for school!!! Nope, haven't had the Water retention, but then again, I'm only 14 days out, but feeling pretty good!!

Have a great day!

Celeste

Caution: graphic post, not for the weak stomached.

Last night I had my first (and hopefully last :girl_hug: ) experience with sliming. I'd made mashed carrot and parsnips for my dinner with extras to use as sides for hubby and son's dinner. I ate my own share and loved every morsel of it. Came time to clear the dinner plates and my son had probably 4 or 5 spoonfuls of the mash on his plate. No big deal I thought, I'll finish it off. The first spoonful went down alright. The second spoonful made me feel like I was full. The third I knew I was probably pushing it. What the heck, there's only a little bit left, I put that in my mouth as well. Within a couple of minutes I was regretting it!! It felt like it was stuck in my chest right between where my breasts are. It was too far down to try and cough it out. I went to the bathroom and knelt in front of the toilet waiting.... and waiting... after a little bit my salivary glands started to go into overdrive. This is usually a sign for me that I'm about to barf. My mind was spinning. On one hand I wanted to get this food out of me and make the pain/dicomfort go away, on the other I was terrified that I'd tear something somewhere. I burped and with it came "slime". Thicker than drool, not as thick as phlegm. The pain was still there and I could still feel the food trapped in my chest area. My salivary glands were still in overdrive and I was spitting all of that into the toilet but I wasn't getting any relief as I could still feel the food. After a few minutes I felt a slight shift in my chest and more slime came out with little bits of food. I had that happen a few more times until the pain slowly eased. The whole episode lasted probably 10-15 minutes and I know I'm lucky that things weren't more painful and for longer. But it taught me a VERY good but hard lesson. I CAN'T overeat and not pay a price for it. The price for me is far too high. I'm in no hurry to experience that again. Sometimes I have to learn my lessons the hard way before it actually makes sense to me and hits home.

I've been fortunate that I've not suffered from head hunger or been in bandster hell (touch wood). But this sliming stuff is the pits. I'm not doing that again! I know I need to get out of the habit of "clean plates". It was SO drummed into me as a child that I had to finish everything on my plate. I promised myself I wouldn't do that to my child and I didn't. Instead I was the one cleaning his plate for him. :rolleyes I HAVE to stop that.

I am all happy because I got my first 'real' compliment today. I say real because this person does not know I have had the surgery therefore is not 'forced' to say anything. I am in the middle of a training (home for lunch) and a teacher who hasn't seem me months exclaimed as soon as she saw me : "You look great! You have lost weight!" And she was all smiles. It just felt so good! It kept me motivated too, because God knows I ws hungry and thinking about cheating.

Jeannie- I like your new picture! Cool bike. It seems like we are on the same page- back to school.

Frustrated- I was raised as a clean plate girl too. So I can relate. Sorry about the sliming and thanks for the heads up.

Phyl- 43 years. Wow! I hope I will get there.

Mango, YES, YES, YES!!!! I was soooooo constipated on Friday. I was miserable. Took a stool softener. WARNING...TMI coming up...I think I now have a hemorrhoid. And now it is painful when I go. Very painful, like something is tearing (and I have a high tolerance for pain). I've always been very regular prior to banding. So, what I've done is added Raisin Nut Bran to my list of mushies. I let the Cereal get mushy before I eat it, but I want to try to get my bran in by eating more fiber...before I try the Benefiber. Don't know if the cereal is okay, but I will not let myself get like I was last Friday. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. Try drinking some prune juice. That should get things moving.

oh my gosh yes im in the same boat as the both of you. OUCH!!! I have been taking MOM for several days now.