Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all remember back before my surgery I received a call from the pre surgery collections at the hospital telling my I owed $291.90 for my surgery, and I had already paid the hospital $9,600- the self pay price. I gave them the $291.90 that day and told them to go ahead and send it through figuring they wouldn't be covering because it stated, no weight management surgery, even for morbid obesity or Dr. suppervised diet. I just went to my web page at United Health Care, and viewed my claims, and OMG, OMG, OMG,:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

THEY PAID!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I just sat there crying, and I ran upstairs to wake my DH to tell him. I'm in shock. I'm getting a refund of $9,600!!!!!!!!!I'm so freaking out right now. I just want to scream with happiness. Never in a million years would I have thought this, as it is an exclusion in my policy. So all you self payers, if you can, have them submit it to insurance even if it's excluded, because they may just pay it anyway!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

That is wonderful news. What a pleasant surprise. You know you're really committed when you are willing to spend the $$$ yourself. I know that kind of money will come in helpful somewhere in your family's life. Way to go. Thanks for sharing this. I am very happy for you. It just goes to show always submit to the insurance company and if they say no appeal. It can't hurt. It may be painful going through their loops, but often it is worth it in the end. :clap2::whoo:

Hi everyone. I have something I would love to give to all of my fellow Lucky #7's band buddies. I bought a a recipe bought by a women who had the lap band herself. It is 66 pages long and it in adobe format. If anyone who like me to email it to them please send me an email at jackie_435@yahoo.com ( that is jackie (underscore) 435@yahoo.com I wrote that out because I don't think you can see the underscore sign) and in the subject line of the email just put send me recipes and I will forward this to you. I just got it and I haven't had a chance to look through it so I am not really sure what all is in it. I just wanted to put it out there for the offering. I have been corresponding with this women about her lap band and she is a wonderful women who has been very successful.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all remember back before my surgery I received a call from the pre surgery collections at the hospital telling my I owed $291.90 for my surgery, and I had already paid the hospital $9,600- the self pay price. I gave them the $291.90 that day and told them to go ahead and send it through figuring they wouldn't be covering because it stated, no weight management surgery, even for morbid obesity or Dr. suppervised diet. I just went to my web page at United Health Care, and viewed my claims, and OMG, OMG, OMG,:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

THEY PAID!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I just sat there crying, and I ran upstairs to wake my DH to tell him. I'm in shock. I'm getting a refund of $9,600!!!!!!!!!I'm so freaking out right now. I just want to scream with happiness. Never in a million years would I have thought this, as it is an exclusion in my policy. So all you self payers, if you can, have them submit it to insurance even if it's excluded, because they may just pay it anyway!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Lynette- I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you. That is the way it should be. Enjoy the money. Do something you would have never done for yourself and your family. Heck it is money that was already spent anyway. Congratulations!!!!

Hello Everyone, what a great group!

I was banded at Beth Israel Deaconess hospital on July 23. Unfortunately, because of adhesions from previous surgeries, the doctor had a great deal of difficulty separating intestine from muscle/fat, etc. During this process he made a hole in my small intestine. :rain: After multiple flushings and consultations with other surgeons, Dr. Jones decided to risk putting in the lap band. If there was going to be a problem with infection, the band itself would be a prime target. He chose not to fix the hiatal hernia.

I was in the hospital for FIVE days and came home with heavy doses of antibiotics. I returned the following week, still harboring an above normal blood count and low-grade fever. :sick I am just finishing the second round of antibiotics. I seem okay now.

Obviously, I was on Clear Liquids all five days in the hospital. I've done the liquid phase at home (protein drinks, Soup, applesauce, yogurt etc.) BUT I have cheated here and there with small quantities of fruit, some crackers, two bites of pizza, Lipton noodle soup and even a half scoop of ice cream. I do feel restriction. though and I've lost a total of 17 lbs since my preop diet to today.

On Wenesday, I should be moving on to Stage 3 diet. I won't be having a fill until mid -September. The positive side of all this is that I felt very little pain--didn 't use any pain meds from day 1, I have the band, and I've lost weight.

Good luck to all of us--the jouney begins . . .:clap2:

lorna

I won't be so wordy in the future!

Lorna- Congratulations on getting banded. Sorry to hear of all the complications. Hopefully you are on the road to recovery. I too was banded on July 23. I am loving banded life. Couldn't be happier with my choice. Now if Sept. 5 would just get here. I need my fill!!!!

Lynette- that's fantastic news!!! Congratulations! I can't imagine how excited you must be!!!

Felicia- I was wondering where you were. I am sorry about your dad. I will pray for your family.

Lorna- welcome to our group, and I am sorry to hear you started off on the wrong foot. Hopefully things will go smoothly from now on.

Itzonlyme- welcome to our group also. How exciting to get banded with your daughter!

Well, I am very excited also. No, I did not strike it 'rich' like Lynette :) but I have lost an additional 3 lbs and my belt moved another notch! Man, I LOVE my band! :whoo:

Lynette - how absolutely exciting!!! I'm self-pay myself and might just have the surgery center submit it, just to see!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy your windfall.......:whoo:

cazulay - I'm in New Orleans area

Felicia - So sorry to hear about your Dad. I pray he will be fine.

itzonlyme - How cool is that, you and your daughter together, Wow!

Lorna - Welcome and hope everything is O.K.

Kristeno7 - I had some chocolate. I count my calories on Sparkpeople.

As long as I don't go over 1000, I'm gonna eat what I want, protien 1st.

I try to stay around 800 daily. I am not gonna torture myself, this thing is for life.

Lynette - You lucky DAWG you. I'm freakin jealous. My cheap ass teacher's insurance ain't gonna pay a freakin dime. And this week I get a bill from my primary doctor for 80.00. I had to get clearance from him.

They coded my visit as cosmetic surgery instead of my once a year freakin visit to him to get my freakin prescriptions filled. I go to the doctor once a freakin year, and my insurance is 150.00 a freakin month.

They are gonna recode it properly, or they can wait till hell freezes over for the 80.00. Do you sense a little aggravation here. And I had to wait 3 months for a freakin appointment with him. The Nerve!!

Lynette- that is just great news about your insurance. I work in a dental office and deal with insurances all the time. I always submitt claims for people who are supposed to be not covered for certain proceedures. I have seen pleanty of times where the insurance company paid the claim. Smart move on your part!

Hey guys. It's me Felicia. I know I haven't been on in a while, I've been going through some things. My father was diagnosed with Lukemia, so I've been sort of down in the dumps... but I'm back and raring to go. I know I've missed a lot going on. My weight is coming off, I'm down about 25lbs. I go for my 1st fill Monday, I can't wait. Talk to you guys later.

I know what you are going through. I found out a few days after my surgery that my dad has colon cancer. I have faith though. Everyone on here seems to be getting ready for there fills but me. I am so upset. I am trying to get mine moved to at least the first of Oct. Good luck w/ the fill.

Tenille, why does your doc wait 3 months for a fill??????? That seems like a lifetime. What is his reasonong behind it? You poor thing.

!!

I am not sure but I am going to call them again on Monday and ask that ??:) I go to Dr. Carter in Arlington.

I am not sure but I am going to call them again on Monday and ask that ??:) I go to Dr. Carter in Arlington.

I think 3 months seems a long time. I am getting my first fill on 8/29 and my surgery was 7/20. A friend of mine told me the first fill does not last more than a few days. She explained it as a pleated skirt and when you put in the liquid it gets some of the folds out of the pleat but not all of them. My doctor does a fill a month so I will have to wait another month. I'd rather get them a little slow than to overdo it and damage my surgery. I just need to eat slower, chew more and not bend so much. I still am having pain from that so I hope I don't have a bad surprise when I go in for my first fill. Hope everyone is doing well with the heat. It is 100 degrees here in St. Louis.:faint:

Another NSV!

OK, it's a bit silly but made me happy- I was able to wear my kitchen gloves to wash my dishes today! Before they would not fit ( size large I think, biggest I could find at Wal-Mart) and I had to do dishes bare-handed. Not anymore!!!

ribearty- why cant you bend over. <br /> <br /> Cazulay- great job!!
<br /> <br /> Bending causes me pain. I can bend sometimes without pain at the waist and then others times it hurts. Does anyone else have this problem? Last week, I squatted and got up and felt bad pain dropped down and got back up and it was tender for a couple of days. I also went back to work on 7/24 after surgery on 7/20. Just a little too soon.

Caolin, I have a lot of clothes that are big to begin with too, especially shirts. I can't wait to wear something more form fitting, but still have some "rolls" to lose before I'll feel comfortable in these kind of tops.

I have more than a few rolls to get rid of but is sure is great that things are looser and you don't see the rolls as much.

I Got My Band On The 24th Of July And I Am Like You I Feel Like I Can Eat Anything. I Ate A Bologne Sandwich Yesterday And Felt Guilty. I Am So Upset Because I Found Out That My Docter Does Not Do The 1st Fill For 90 Days. I Feel Like That Is Forever..

I got my band on the 26th and I can eat anything. THe only thing that stops me is knowing I have the band and I should not eat more...not that I don't want more. I had ice cream today..the real stuff. But I was eating everything in sight wanting ice cream. I thought it better to eat it rather than over eat everything and then still eat ice cream.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY PAID!!!!!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Lynette, how wonderful!!! This surgery was just really meant to be for you. What a relief.

Hello Everyone, what a great group!

I was banded at Beth Israel Deaconess hospital on July 23. Unfortunately, because of adhesions from previous surgeries, the doctor had a great deal of difficulty separating intestine from muscle/fat, etc. During this process he made a hole in my small intestine. :rain: After multiple flushings and consultations with other surgeons, Dr. Jones decided to risk putting in the lap band. If there was going to be a problem with infection, the band itself would be a prime target. He chose not to fix the hiatal hernia.

Lorna, I am sorry to hear of your complications but thank goodness you are doing well. Once all this passes you will be still be losing with the band. Welcome.

Hi everyone. I have something I would love to give to all of my fellow Lucky #7's band buddies. I bought a a recipe bought by a women who had the lap band herself. It is 66 pages long and it in adobe format. If anyone who like me to email it to them please send me an email

Jackie, I am going to send you an email. I would like a copy. Thanks.

Well, I am very excited also. No, I did not strike it 'rich' like Lynette :) but I have lost an additional 3 lbs and my belt moved another notch! Man, I LOVE my band! :whoo:

congrats on the weight loss. You are doing so great.

Hello, dini, jeanie, ruby, chim, marcy and everyone else I might have missed. I am you starving here. I only stop because I know the band is there. My doctor won't fill for 4 weeks so I have 2 more weeks to go. I go see him next week (3 wk post op). Maybe I can talk him into a fill then. If not, I will just suffer will all the others in bandster hell.

Dini, hope everything is going ok on the homefront. Hugs and kisses to Annafrancesca.