Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh Nicole - there are soooo many variables for your alleged weight gain - hormones, Fluid retention, clothes, building muscle.....and the list goes on and on. There's a few things you can do to combat this...First, weigh yourself consistently, that means rely on one scale (at home or at the docs), weigh yourself first thing in the morning, and don't weigh yourself more than once a week. This will help with your mindset! You're doing much better than I am...heck, I just finished a handful of Doritos and I'm not drinking nearly enough water...call yourself a success and next time, take a hammer to "fix" the scale at the doc's office!

Nicole, you're doing everything right, you're excercising, you're drinking your Water, your visitor is coming soon, so just relax. This has happened to me too, but the scale will start showing results, you'll see. Your body has to adjust to band life, and it's not that you'e doing anything wrong, just give it time. It helps to stay off the scale, but I know, I just have a hard time at it too, but it will work, you'll see, and in a few days, you'll be all excited to tell us about your loss!!

newCC, I've ben burping too, not too much, but it's probably just trapped air. Are you using straws to drink? or taking big gulps of water?

These may be the cause, but I don't do these and I still burp.

Laurend, you got the air back just in time. We're having a heat wave coming through, I already feel it today. It's so muggy out.

Cazulay, I'm so sorry your room is not up to par, but I like Chim's idea. Open it up for teachers to come and grab things they need. It will help you not have to clean it all out!! If it's supplies, maybe make up some goodie baggies for the kids on their first day of school.

Dini, hope you're not over filled and liquids will help you out for a few days.

Chim, I did have a great 1st day back. How you doing on your mushys?

Marcy, sorry I wasn't around to post earlier. Work was calling. Can you tell it's not July anymore!!

Kathy, keep doing what your doing. You're walking will do wonders for you when you get on the scale!!

Forgve, I know it's beyond frustrating to see that scale on the upswing. But don't beat yourself up. It could be a combo of things causing this. Are you still getting in your Protein? I understand this plays a huge role in our continued wt loss. So, if you can't get it all in from your food choices alone, consider adding a shake or 2 in a day. Or add some Protein Powder to your food.

How 'bout your Water intake? That also plays a huge role. Continue to keep working it out, girl! You are doing great. You seem to be doing all the right things. Just ride this wave out, okay?

Nicole, one more thing, I just got my visitor yesterday, and this is the second time since surgery, and this time I have stayed the same, so for some it may get better with time. Just a thought.

Hello all......the last couple of days have been hard....I'm sick of liquids and have been testing my chewing abilities to see if I can eat or chew something more substantial, but I then feel guilty and return to eating Soup and other liquids, feeling like I'm not giving it time to heal properly.

This morning I used 1/2 a banana, 1 scoop vanilla creme and a slim fast and mixed it in the bullet...wow, it was good and it has kept me full for hours!!! I think most of it is just head hunger and the fact that I'm being lazy.....

My one week follow up tomorrow......keep my fingers crossed that they will allow me to move to mushies!!

Forgive - sorry to hear your weight gain, but I would just put it down to Water retention of your on-coming "that time of the month".....next week will be a whole new ballgame!!

Phyl - Just wanted to say thanks for the heads-up on the group meeting in my area, met two new people who have been banded for a long time and hope to meet more next month!!

Lynette - sounds like you love your work and they love you.....that's a great place to be. I can really "hear" the satisfaction in your posts!!

Marcy - Doritos? Wow......can those really go down?

Caolin, my fingers will be crossed for you tomorrow. Even if you did get some mushys in today, one day's not going to matter.

Lynette, I'm doing much better on my mushys, now. I'm not sure what was going on there, but I was seriously starving for a while. It seemed I was super hungry about 2 hrs after eating. I just upped my liquid intake and that seems to be curbing some of the hunger for now. Thank the Lord!!!

It is extremely muggy here (in MD). I was going to go out for a walk on my lunch break, but it is beyond uncomfortable. So, I'll probably end up walking the halls. I didn't get to go this morning...had to help my sister w/an errand. By the time we were done, the sun was blazing! I don't do well w/heat.

Guess who just signed up for the Walk from Obesity??? I am so excited. I have to raise some $$. My initial goal is $100. I'm so psyched for this!

ShannonRT, welcome to the Lucky 7's! What an awesome group this is. Get comfy and ask away.

Hello Auntie Phyll! How are you doing????

Hi,

I'm doing great!! And, YES it was quiet and lonely around here today with all of you back to work!!

Chim, how exciting!!! When is your walk? How long is it? I've not heard of this one. We do the ACS Relay for Life and LLS Light the Night every year with work. We were supposed to start our fundraising about a month ago, but since I was off and I handle it all, no one else did anything, so I'll be starting something by next week.

Hi,

I'm doing great!! And, YES it was quiet and lonely around here today with all of you back to work!!

Good! Yeah, it was a bit weird. Like I said before, there weren't 5 pages to catch up on!

Auntie Phyl, sorry to have abandoned you today. I figured Sunny would be around, but haven't seen her post. So how are you doing today?

It's only 8:00 and I am beat. My son wouldn't cooperate for our afternoon nap, so we're turning in early tonight. Mt Dh hasn't even made it home from work yet.

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

Nighty night, Lynette!

Sooo, who else has heard of the Walk from Obesity???

The Walk from Obesity

Do you know if there's one in your area?