Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Marcy, isn't it weird? There weren't 5 pages worth of reading to do!

Lynette, awww...you're coworkers missed you! That sign was so neat! Sounds like you had an awesome day!

Lauren, YESSSSSS!!!! Good for you! How's band life going for you?

ShannonRT, welcome to the Lucky 7's! What an awesome group this is. Get comfy and ask away.

Hello Auntie Phyll! How are you doing????

Dini - I was thinking about you saying that you just don't have energy, etc. right now...have you thought that maybe you might just be a little teensy bit depressed? You have some serious stuff going on and it's all going in the same couple of weeks! You still need to recover from surgery, you need to get more positive people around you (I'm still wondering what idiot called you FAT! I just don't see it in your pictures! I mean, where's the double-chin? ) Take time to recover and relax, I'm glad you're going to Italy...make sure you really VACATE on your vacation!

depressed i'm always depressed when i look at the state of my house when i can't fit into clothes i want to, etc....

i hope italy puts my head in order!!

Thanks, Dini and dmtjet!

I am currently in Bandster Hell. My first fill is on Wednesday. Right now I can eat anything and I do mean ANYTHING. I kinda got into a "last suppper" mode since I didn't really get to have one before surgery.

dont worry babes you'll get your fill and you'll be fine!! once you get the right restriction you'll only be able to eat a tiny amount

I've lost 22.5 pounds so far, and feel great.

I walked about 2.5 miles yesterday, and plan to go golfing tomorrow. If I can't swing, then I'll just walk with everyone.

22.5 lbs wow well impressive, 2.5 miles amazing there is not stopping Kathybad is there?!! be careful with golf. you dont want to skin around the scares to streach when your swinging

I have air conditioning!
yippee

Hi everyone, hope your all well.

i am truly restricted. actually i think i am too restricted!! Adam and I went out for dinner tonight just the 2 of us to talk a little. i had 1 and a half prawns and i felt full. them i tried eating a little rice and drink a little Soup if i'd eaten 2 oz i'd be suprised! i was in the toilet twice getting sick!

ShannonRT, welcome to the Lucky 7's! What an awesome group this is. Get comfy and ask away.

Hello Auntie Phyll! How are you doing????

Chimmy girl how you doing? Hi auntie Phyl, you well

Dini, Everything I've read indicates that prawn (shrimp) are very hard to pass through the band. I wonder if that was the problem more than the band restriction. Of course, what do I know!! CC

Dini, Everything I've read indicates that prawn (shrimp) are very hard to pass through the band. I wonder if that was the problem more than the band restriction. Of course, what do I know!! CC

babes i can't eat anything, i'm even finding drinking is hard work. i'm sure it will settle down soon enough. if it doesn;t in a week i'll go back to the clinic!

yesterday i ate half a sausage and i taught i was about to callospe i was so full!!!

Laurend- AC!!! Yeah!!!!

Lynette- that's so sweet how they welcomed you back! I bet you had the best day. That's so nice to hear.

Me, on the other hand, got completely overwhelmed at work today. I went by the school ( new school as I am moving to be closer to home) to drop off some stuff, and when I get there I find out the older teacher has retired and I have inhereted all of her stuff. 35 years worth of stuff. Plus of course I have my own 52 boxes. Honestly, I don't know what I am going to do. The room is bursting thru the seams, literally speaking, there was no walking space, it was like a maze. I felt like crying, so I just left. And I can't lift anything up yet because of the band. It's going to be a long 3 weeks before school starts.

Caz, I'm sorry! Do you have to take that other teacher's stuff? If not, pass it on to another teacher. If no one wants it, trash it! I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed. I'm a recovering pack rat! LOL. I have one bedroom that has stuff I've bought...and most of it is still in the original bags (Target, JCPenney, etc.)...I don't even know what's in there. I get so overwhelmed when I open the door!

Dini Girl! Hey there! What's up w/all that restriction. Give yourself a couple days on liquids to see if some of the swelling goes down. If not, like you said, call your doc for a slight unfill. It'll get better!

hey Chimmy,

i know its so much. i actually feel full al day. not very nice. im going to do fluids tomorrow and se how i go!

Ok, so I'm really feeling down, and I thought you guys could cheer me up. It has been a crazy week for me as our exchange student got here from Switzerland, so that's been an interesting adjustment for us to go from no kids to a 17 year old.

Anyways, what's really bothering me is that when I went in for my post-op appointment on July 25th, I was actually down to 239, which I was super excited. When I weighed myself this morning, I was back up to 245. I just don't get it. I know Aunt Flo is coming sometime this week, but that weight gain should only be a couple pounds. I'm not eating more than 1/2 cup at a time, but I'm not feeling full. And, I'm getting hungry again about an hour later. I am working out at least 3 days a week now, and walking the other ones when I don't go to the gym.

I had to put my first fill a week later than it should be because the 2 surgeons alternate weeks for fills, and one of them is no longer covered under my insurance. So, I get to get my first fill on the 31st. I just don't know what to do or how to get over this hurdle. :help::help::help:

But, I really feel down and out about it because I hate to see the scale going up. Of course, I'm sure Aunt Flo has something to do with my mood, but I know it's not everything.

Sorry you're having a tough time of it forgive. Are you drinking all your Water? Perhaps you can increase that. Sip on it constantly through the day. I know I slack off sometimes, but if I keep a bottle next to me it prompts me to take a mouthful or so every once in a while rather than trying to drink the whole bottle within a few minutes. Maybe that'll help curb your hunger.

If this is your first period since banding, wait until it's over and get on the scales again. With luck a lot of it should be Fluid retention. Sometimes for me it's a couple of pounds but there have been times when it's been up as high as 10. So hang in there and keep up the good work in the gym. It's so easy to give up and we all know this journey is going to be difficult at times, despite many who tell us the band is taking the easy way out.

Ok, so I'm really feeling down, and I thought you guys could cheer me up. It has been a crazy week for me as our exchange student got here from Switzerland, so that's been an interesting adjustment for us to go from no kids to a 17 year old.

Anyways, what's really bothering me is that when I went in for my post-op appointment on July 25th, I was actually down to 239, which I was super excited. When I weighed myself this morning, I was back up to 245. I just don't get it. I know Aunt Flo is coming sometime this week, but that weight gain should only be a couple pounds. I'm not eating more than 1/2 cup at a time, but I'm not feeling full. And, I'm getting hungry again about an hour later. I am working out at least 3 days a week now, and walking the other ones when I don't go to the gym.

I had to put my first fill a week later than it should be because the 2 surgeons alternate weeks for fills, and one of them is no longer covered under my insurance. So, I get to get my first fill on the 31st. I just don't know what to do or how to get over this hurdle. :help::help::help:

But, I really feel down and out about it because I hate to see the scale going up. Of course, I'm sure Aunt Flo has something to do with my mood, but I know it's not everything.

babes dont feel bad. please its not good for you or your weight loss. my doctors scales told me i was 5 lbs heavier than my moms scales i was so upset, but i was told that my doctors scale sometimes reads less cos they fix it that way!

also were you wearing the same clothes sometimes they add 1 or 2 lbs, i've a belt and the buckle weight a tonne!!!!

hey Nicole, I agree with Ruby, if this is your first visit from Aunt Flo after being banded you may really be retaining fluids. I know I sure did... I was up 7 pounds, but after a few days and a lot of drinking Water I was back down with a few extra. Look at how great you have done so far!!! Keep up you hard work.

Karen

hey all ! i weighed in today i lost 10 more lbs, since last monday! i'm excited! 1st day back to work, was in agreeance with CAZ was overwhelmed i came home early, but coworkers were VERY supportive, which made me feel happy! Nicole, aunt flo tends to play with our emotions, so chalk it up to " next week will be that much better", unfortunatly, we can close the door when she visits, so better off to open up and avoid the scale that week! and your fill was put off so, you'll be back on track in no time-Welcolme ShannonRT i see we have a couple of things in common!! Hope everyone else had a great day!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!! It's just so hard to see the scale go back up when I've seen it come down so much in the last 2 months. The biggest surprise for me was that I haven't even been on the scale for 2 weeks. I'm trying not to be obsessive about weighing myself. Who knows, I'll get on again next week to see where I am then.

This is a great group and I love being able to come on for support from everyone!!