Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello fellow bandsters - I'm alive and well in Bandsterland!!! Finally!! Everything went smoothly, wasn't nervous or anything, go figure. The surgery took about an hour due to the fact that I had a hernia that they repaired - I got a 2fer....lol, was extremely glad to wake up, but hated the after affects of the anthesia(sp?), felt like I couldn't breath deeply, but the nurse said I was breathing just fine, it eventually went away. I was sore, so I'm on liquid vicodin, so I can't believe I'm actually typing worth a damn, but just wanted to let you all know that I'm sitting on the bench with you all......ttyl, off to sleep!

Celeste

Congratulations!!! You are with us now!!!! Sounds like you are doing pretty well! Kind of out of it, but that gets better rather quickly!:faint:

Hi Y'all. Sorry it's been so long. A big storm came through last night and knocked out my internet access. Just got it working.

Miami sounds great. I will have to wait until closer to Nov to say for sure. I have enought skymiles to fly there. Keep me in the loop so I know when and where. Who knows...maybe I will end up with a tatoo:)

The pool sounds great. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can be floating in one. It is hot as hell here and the humidity is unbelievable because of the rain last night.

I am doing well. Taking it easy today since I over did it yesterday. But, to be honest, I have very little soreness today. Much less than yesterday.

OK, I want food. I am tired of this liquid sh*t. I need flavor, texure, seasonings. Someone, tell me what I can fix liquid that at least is flavorful (not sweet), seasoned, tasty. I am desparate. I am feeling the first feeling of hunger today. This is unrelated to the need for flavor :)

I will try and walk on the treadmill later today. I have been using fitday to track food and weight. I weight 284.5 when I came home from the hospital. Weighed 273 today. I know part of that was Fluid loss from hospital but is sure is inspiring.:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:

Sunny, with you on the food thing! Lately, I feel like I could eat anything and as much as I want! Not a good feeling! Goes against everything I did this for, YIKES!!!:):help:

Oh, I wanted to ask how do you manage to put the diet ticker on... I tried a lot in the signature and profile... but no use...

????????????????????

maria

Oh, I wanted to ask how do you manage to put the diet ticker on... I tried a lot in the signature and profile... but no use...

????????????????????

maria

I'll be in Palm Springs for a conference in October. I'm from London, ON Canada, so a long ways away.

Kathy, How you feeling? You are back at work, huh? Is that going okay? Sure hope you are doing well!

Chim, Sounds like you are doing great! Adjusting and getting right back into it all! Good for you!!! Those of you going back so early just amaze me!!! I am very proud of all of you!!!

:)

????????????????????

maria

Click on somebody else's! It will take you to the site. Create it, then copy the URL it gives you when you are all done. Go to UserCP and edit signature, then paste the URL on that page, should do it!!!

OH I JUST WANT HER NAEM IN WRITING NOTHING ELSE ON MY BACK! I DONT REALLY KNOW WHERE EXACTLY APART FROM ON MY BACK, I WOULD ASK THE ARTIST FOR HIS OPINION OF WHERE IT WOULD LOOK GOOD SINCE ITS SUCH A LONG NAME!!! BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT AND I WILL GET IT . I'M WILLING TO FLY TO MIAMI JUST SO ONE OF THE LADS WILL DO IT.

I WAS THINKING OF IT IN SCRIPT WRITING AL JOINED UP AND FLOWY BUT I DONT KNOW. I ALSO WANT IT SIMPLE AND ELEGANT

I have a tatoo on my back that signifyies my son. It's 3 Japanese symbols that say "language, hope, beloved". My son was born deaf, so it was my little prayer for him to learn somehow to communicate. I got it when he was 15 months old. Today he is 9, and speaks fairly well, and hears almost normally due to his cochlear implant. So I guess the prayer worked.

The tatoo is on over my right shoulder blade going down (3 symbols stacked).

Once my daughter's adoption is official (Sept), I'm getting another one for her on my left shoulder. The symbols will be "determination, strength, cherished".

I thought I would call my doctor to see if he would give me my fill early, just for kicks, i can probably wait but sure would be nice to have more restriction right now, and of course he said "no", I guess i knew he would but I only have to wait another week and a half.

Just thought i would share this.

About tornados , yes they horrify me, but I have been around so many. I grew up in a mobile home and have had several tornados touch down in the yard(we were so lucky) and have lost 2 trampolines to them, so now I refuse to live in a mobile home and head for the closet anytime we get a warning. Once I was at my aunts house and we had to get into the culvert because one was coming down the road. I love living in south georgia but hate the tornados

Christy, sorry you couldn't get an "early" fill! Not fun! But the docs do seem to be sticklers on that! I guess we need to heal fully first! Oh well, when it comes, it will be good!!!! Right now, I am fighting the "I can eat anything whoas!!!" Tough, because I can and it won't cause me problems right now, but I know I shouldn't, so I don't, but man, this better happen real soon, lol!!!!!

Those tornadoes, YIKES, I wouldn't enjoy them! I lived in a mobile home when we first got married, not much to protect you there!!!! We had tie down straps and all, but wouldn't have done much good, would have blowed the walls off and all that would have been there may have been the frame, lol!!! I would hide too!!! I had one follow me home from a soccer game one day a few years back! We don't get many, but every now and again! That was just scary! My kids were little and I wasn't sure what to do, so I booked it and apparently avoided the track, but it did touch down in an area 30 miles from where I was!!! Just scary!!! You have no way of avoiding it, it is just there! That one summer, they were popping up left and right! Haven't had a summer like that in a very long time, thank goodness!

I have a tatoo on my back that signifyies my son. It's 3 Japanese symbols that say "language, hope, beloved". My son was born deaf, so it was my little prayer for him to learn somehow to communicate. I got it when he was 15 months old. Today he is 9, and speaks fairly well, and hears almost normally due to his cochlear implant. So I guess the prayer worked.

The tatoo is on over my right shoulder blade going down (3 symbols stacked).

Once my daughter's adoption is official (Sept), I'm getting another one for her on my left shoulder. The symbols will be "determination, strength, cherished".

Kathy,

Now that is just beautiful!!! What a loving and thoughtful thing to do!!! :)

Kathy,

I bought the ingredients to make the butternut squash Soup you posted. Do I peel the squash or let the skin on? Wasn't sure about that! Making it tomorrow! :)

Sorry I was MIA for the last few days. I tried to go back and catch up (may still), but I've got over 15 pages!!!

I'm healing really well. I went back to work on Monday for the afternoon, and it was a bit hard. Sitting for a long time seems to make my port hurt. My port is just beside and slightly below my bellybutton.

Today was the retirement party for one of my staff. She has been with my company for 31 years. So we arranged for a great lunch to send her off. Over 60 people showed up. All of my co-workers helped me set up the room, so that I didn't have to lift anything. But I was running around so much that I really overdid it. I all of a sudden hit a brick wall, and had to sit down. My body basically gave out on me, and I got really emotional for no reason. I started to tear up. Two of my co-workers who knew I had surgery were so concerned they orderd me to sit down and do nothing until the party started.

This was really weird for me. I'm used to being in control, having a lot of strength and endurance. I felt feeble. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or if it is the lack of calories. I'm day 5 post op, and have probably had about 400 - 600 cals each day.

After the party was over, I came home and rested. Feeling better now.

I think I have to spend some time tonight planning out what I can have on full fluids that will give me enough energy to continue. Any suggestions beyond Protein Shakes?

Sorry I was MIA for the last few days. I tried to go back and catch up (may still), but I've got over 15 pages!!!

I'm healing really well. I went back to work on Monday for the afternoon, and it was a bit hard. Sitting for a long time seems to make my port hurt. My port is just beside and slightly below my bellybutton.

Today was the retirement party for one of my staff. She has been with my company for 31 years. So we arranged for a great lunch to send her off. Over 60 people showed up. All of my co-workers helped me set up the room, so that I didn't have to lift anything. But I was running around so much that I really overdid it. I all of a sudden hit a brick wall, and had to sit down. My body basically gave out on me, and I got really emotional for no reason. I started to tear up. Two of my co-workers who knew I had surgery were so concerned they orderd me to sit down and do nothing until the party started.

This was really weird for me. I'm used to being in control, having a lot of strength and endurance. I felt feeble. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or if it is the lack of calories. I'm day 5 post op, and have probably had about 400 - 600 cals each day.

I think I have to spend some time tonight planning out what I can have on full fluids that will give me enough energy to continue. Any suggestions beyond Protein Shakes?

Yeah, I am sure you are a little weak and you are just new from surgery! Maybe too much, too fast! Plus, sounds like you are trying to keep up your old pace and that is tough, especially after what your body has been through!

I'm going to make your butternut squash recipe tomorrow! That might work for you on the fluids! Is it runny? Sounds like it would be the right consistency to go through a straw! Would be lots of Vitamins and protein! Should be a good choice! Do I peel the squash? Or use it all?

Kathy,

I bought the ingredients to make the butternut squash Soup you posted. Do I peel the squash or let the skin on? Wasn't sure about that! Making it tomorrow! :)

Hi Jeanie, my dear friend!!

Peel the squash and cut it into chunks. I made the recipe last night for my friends retirement party (so that I knew I could eat something). It was so delicious. But let me share the full recipe again, as I think I might have mis typed it.

1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed

1 onion, chopped

2 cups chicken broth

1/3 cup McCormick Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning Blend

Simmer for 30 minutes or until really soft. Puree with an emersion blender. Add 2 cups of cream (light cream, or milk)

The spice really makes the soup. In Canada I use Club House One Step Roasted Garlic & Peppers seasoning. It's the same product, just the McCormick one is sold in the U.S. It is the secret to the soup, but if you can't find it, use some roasted garlic, herbs, garlic powder, salt & pepper.

I just jumped to the recipe thread to see if anything else was posted and Sunny commented that when I made the Squash Casserole, she didn't think I was to use the beans!!! Can you believe I misread that???? LOL, but I have to tell you, I made the casserole, when it was done, poured Northern Beans over it and baked it another 10 minutes and it was delicious!!! LOL, Oh by golly, don't think I will tell my family my little secret, lol!!!! They thought it was wonderful, they haven't a clue that it was a fluke!!!!! LOL .... ONLY ME!!:)

Kathy so sorry to hear you were emotional today. You have gone through a lot this past week and haven't really had a lot of down time to adjust to it. Take it easy girl.

From you description I think our ports are in the same place. Yesterday I had my one week post op and all this time I have been thinking this incision on the right about 3 inches from my bra line was my port. Then I am talking to the doctor and I said 'the only incision a little tender to the touch is this one. Isn't that where my port is?' She laughed and said no your port is the longer incision by your belly button. The incision that is a little tender to the touch is where one of the instuments was. I said but there is a little hard thing in the center of it and she told me that is just a small pocket of Fluid that forms under the skin where there is a suture.' So anyway, my port incision isn't sore. LOL