Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh, had to say, made the Squash Casserole last evening, not sure who posted that one, but wow, yummy!!! It was a hit at my house and there are no leftovers!!! LOL, gotta try the rest of them! My problem is I forget to write down the ingredients when I go to the store and then I am guessing as to what I need!!!! So gonna try that! Want to try the one with Butternut Squash too, but haven't found a Butternut Squash to buy yet and garden did lousy this year! Be lucky to get a few peppers and tomatoes out of it!!! Everything died off, too much rain, and not enough sun, and rather chilly temps!!! So, garden isn't panning out, lol!:D

Dini- I can't go to Miami :-( because DH and I are taking our nieces to Disney World in Orlando the week after thanksgiving. So, I will be in FL, just wrong place! And with two little one it wouldn't be as much fun anyways.

Dmjet- teachers start back on the 21st and students on the 28th. I will go back around the 15th like I always do to organize my room, paperwork etc without the clock the chasing me!

Hi Y'all. Sorry it's been so long. A big storm came through last night and knocked out my internet access. Just got it working.

Miami sounds great. I will have to wait until closer to Nov to say for sure. I have enought skymiles to fly there. Keep me in the loop so I know when and where. Who knows...maybe I will end up with a tatoo:)

The pool sounds great. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can be floating in one. It is hot as hell here and the humidity is unbelievable because of the rain last night.

I am doing well. Taking it easy today since I over did it yesterday. But, to be honest, I have very little soreness today. Much less than yesterday.

OK, I want food. I am tired of this liquid sh*t. I need flavor, texure, seasonings. Someone, tell me what I can fix liquid that at least is flavorful (not sweet), seasoned, tasty. I am desparate. I am feeling the first feeling of hunger today. This is unrelated to the need for flavor :D

I will try and walk on the treadmill later today. I have been using fitday to track food and weight. I weight 284.5 when I came home from the hospital. Weighed 273 today. I know part of that was Fluid loss from hospital but is sure is inspiring.:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Blueyedbaby

I'm a little hesitant to type your real name, we don't like to say that word down here. Plus the news is on right now, and there's a disturbance out yonder. So I can't type your real name, although it's quite lovely.

Denise-If it makes you feel any better, I was living on the Gulf Coast then and went through that hurricane myself. It was not fun afterwards having a name to match it. I am a nurse and everytime I walked into a patient's room to introduce myself, I got looks of shock and horror. Nearly started going by my middle name (Joy) I really wanted to go to N.O. to help with the relief but just couldnt quite bring myself to go with such a name. Wanna hear one better? Guess when my birthday is? Yup, 09/11....How's that for wierd? Guess I'm just a disaster waiting to happen....:D

Hi Luckys, am I the only one having my hormones being throw out og wack by the band? I am on the pill, seasonale, that only gives you a period every 3 months. I have been on it for years and love it. Well, much to my surprise I get a visit from AF yesterday, when she is not due again until early October. And, cramps and all like there is no pill. I can only attribute this to the band. Otherwise I am doing really great and really happy (knock on wood) with my recovery so far.

Cazulay-And I thought it was just me.....But isn't it wierd that lots of ppl that were not expecting "Auntie Flo" suddenly found her knocking at the door right after surgery. Wonder if it is just all that manipulation of your insides that they do during surgery that causes it? I was actually visited the day after surgery.

(Guys, I have a real hard time keeping a straight face when I have to talk to my surgeon's nurse now....and it's all your fault....her name is "FLO"......ROFL:rofl:)

I thought I would call my doctor to see if he would give me my fill early, just for kicks, i can probably wait but sure would be nice to have more restriction right now, and of course he said "no", I guess i knew he would but I only have to wait another week and a half.

Just thought i would share this.

About tornados , yes they horrify me, but I have been around so many. I grew up in a mobile home and have had several tornados touch down in the yard(we were so lucky) and have lost 2 trampolines to them, so now I refuse to live in a mobile home and head for the closet anytime we get a warning. Once I was at my aunts house and we had to get into the culvert because one was coming down the road. I love living in south georgia but hate the tornados

Hi Luckys, am I the only one having my hormones being throw out og wack by the band?

I believe mine are really out of whack. I'm irritated easily. I have very little patience and the other day I actually yelled at my hubby that he was pissing me off. He was shocked. I was shocked. I've never EVER raised my voice to him even when I'm upset, but I let fly on him and have felt awful ever since. There's a little girl in our apartment complex who is nice but for some strange reason her voice in on a frequency that drives me absolutely insane! She's been over a couple of times to invite my son out to play and it's all I can do to stop myself from yelling at her to go away! :embarassed: I feel so bad. :D It feels like my usually controlled PMS monster has been given a shot of steroids and is on the rampage. :omg: Aunt Flo is due next week, but I've felt like this since I came home from the hospital. It's not fair to my family who have been nothing but supportive and I feel like I've been nothing but a biznatch to them and anyone else who comes within viewing range of me. :think

Hello fellow bandsters - I'm alive and well in Bandsterland!!! Finally!! Everything went smoothly, wasn't nervous or anything, go figure. The surgery took about an hour due to the fact that I had a hernia that they repaired - I got a 2fer....lol, was extremely glad to wake up, but hated the after affects of the anthesia(sp?), felt like I couldn't breath deeply, but the nurse said I was breathing just fine, it eventually went away. I was sore, so I'm on liquid vicodin, so I can't believe I'm actually typing worth a damn, but just wanted to let you all know that I'm sitting on the bench with you all......ttyl, off to sleep!

Celeste

Hello fellow bandsters - I'm alive and well in Bandsterland!!! Finally!! Everything went smoothly, wasn't nervous or anything, go figure. The surgery took about an hour due to the fact that I had a hernia that they repaired - I got a 2fer....lol, was extremely glad to wake up, but hated the after affects of the anthesia(sp?), felt like I couldn't breath deeply, but the nurse said I was breathing just fine, it eventually went away. I was sore, so I'm on liquid vicodin, so I can't believe I'm actually typing worth a damn, but just wanted to let you all know that I'm sitting on the bench with you all......ttyl, off to sleep!

Celeste

Yay!! Congrats Caolin! Welcome to the Loser's Bench. We're glad all went well w/you. Just rest, walk, and sip. We'll talk to ya later!

Caolin - Congratulations, The hard part's over//////1

BlueEyedBaby - My husbands birthday is August 29th, the day of Katrina. They had a young girl on the news here months ago, her name is Katrina and her birthday is 8/29. YIKES!!!!

Aunt Flo also came over the day after surgery. I'm just glad she didn't come before. It probably was that shot they gave me.

Caolin- congratulations and welcome to bandland!

Katrina- My DH's birthday is also 911. I guess both the name/date make you unforgetable!

BTW, has anybody bought recipe books for WLS patients? I ordered a couple today at Amazon. Also, bariatriceating.com has some yummy recipes!

Denise-If it makes you feel any better, I was living on the Gulf Coast then and went through that hurricane myself. It was not fun afterwards having a name to match it. I am a nurse and everytime I walked into a patient's room to introduce myself, I got looks of shock and horror. Nearly started going by my middle name (Joy) I really wanted to go to N.O. to help with the relief but just couldnt quite bring myself to go with such a name. Wanna hear one better? Guess when my birthday is? Yup, 09/11....How's that for wierd? Guess I'm just a disaster waiting to happen....:)

You can look at that like you are the rainbow at the end of all of those tragedies!!! Don't give yourself the boot for being on that day, use it as a brightener for the WORLD, lol!!!

Cazulay, So you understand how quickly this summer is wrapping up and how unready (if that is a word, lol), I am to go back, lol!:)

Kathy

Your are coming to my neck of the woods...:). I live 20 miles from Palm Springs - My Doc is in P.S. What are you coming to Palm Springs for... Where are you from.. I forget these things..:)

I'll be in Palm Springs for a conference in October. I'm from London, ON Canada, so a long ways away.

Caolin- congratulations and welcome to bandland!

Katrina- My DH's birthday is also 911. I guess both the name/date make you unforgetable!

BTW, has anybody bought recipe books for WLS patients? I ordered a couple today at Amazon. Also, bariatriceating.com has some yummy recipes!

Post any recipes you try, that you enjoy!!! I have had great luck with those recommended so far, lol!:)

Hello dear friends...

I am doing fine, I wanted to thank all of you for your support... the neck pain is getting a bit better, at least I am not screaming like before...

I keep telling my frineds about all of you...

stay in touch.....

maria