Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I love reading the success stories that flow through here....they are amazing and inspiring to me. Thank you so much. My band day is 7/31, so I've got a few days to go and on day three of my pre-op diet. The hunger is getting less intrusive, but still feel like I think of food an awful lot. Does the head hunger go away after the band or is that still something you have to deal with, can someone answer that for me? Thanks!

I had my first night with the Cpap machine, what a pain in the butt....it ruined my sleep because everytime I moved around, air would start escaping from one place or another, plus, I just don't like things on my face!!! I need it for surgery, otherwise I would dump it in a NY minute!! Anyone else having to use this contraption and having issues? Or am I just being whiney for no reason??? lol

I'm excited to hear from the new bansters each day, can hardly wait until I can say, "Whoo hoo....I've joined the club!"

Gotta go do some remodeling downstairs with my DH before I am no longer able to help him!

BBL, Celeste

Caolin

I to have a Cpap and hate it - I had mine since 6/23 and still am not use to it... I do feel better in the morning when i use it (I don't stop breathing during the night but breath gets real shallow). I have found it on the side of my pillow some mornings. Just keep working on the adjustment of the bands - do yo have full face or just nose... At the sleep place they said insurance would paid for a new mask every 3months - i am going to try the nose plugs next time. Prior to the cpap i would sleep my weekends away - now i still might nap - but it's just a nap not the whole weekend... So for me it is working - just hate the mask and it scares my doggies :lol:

Head hunger - yes it is still there :heh:- I would use food to use up time (boredom) and i do find myself looking for food. BUT i REFUSE to let the head hunger win. What i love about the band is that you REALLY do eat smaller portions - Dr moved me to Mushie/prueed foods on Thursday and this morning I had 1/2 cup egg beater (southwestern it was GREAT my 1st time with egg beater - tasted jus like eggs 60 caloires for 1/2 cup) and a little cheese - good size omelte and i am STUFFed - had it 2 hours ago and am still full- You just have to listen to your tummy and not your head..

I read a few pages ago that someone (sorry) was eating everything including bread - I haven't tried it and not really hungry for it - I don't want to test my band to that degree - I am full on a cup of food my doc say that just the band itself will cause some enough restrictions and they don't need fills.. My eyes are still bigger than my tummy and will also have to work on that.. I really could have had just 1/4 cup of the eatbeaters and most likely would have been just fine.

All i know about my band is that i have the new one and it's the regular size.

I am really motivated right now and i think thats the biggest help of all as i want this to work - - will go back to the gym on Monday and start walking... One day at a time...

To refresh, I just click the UserCP button. That brings up all the threads I've subscribed to. Then I click the little arrow next to the post that appears. That takes me to the most recent post.

Hope that helps a little!

IndioGirl, I hear ya. One day at a time. I know that we're all gonna do really well w/this. The doc said I can only walk for the first month. After that, then we'll see about going to more vigorous exercises.

1Bgwdy, welcome! Congrats on your banding. This is a great group. Feel free to jump in.

Ribearty, glad you're back! I know the pain and soreness will pass. Last night at 3am, I had to take some of my pain med b/c I was that uncomfortable and couldn't go back to sleep. I feel that the meds are there to help, so take 'em. No sense in trying to tough it out.

Forgve, I had heparin shots, which I hated. But I don't think it changed my tastebuds...at least I haven't noticed. But then again, I'm not eating too much LOL. Just my Muscle Milk, Water, Cream of Wheat, and my Soups.< /p>

Could someone please tell me how to get to the recipes Lucky 7's has posted. I go to the bottom and do a forum jump to recipes but I can't find the july 07's. I am looking for Lynnette's chicken salad. Sounds scrumptuous. Help please. Any other great recipes?

Jackie, When you go to the bottom of the page and do a forum jump, it should be in that group of threads that comes up. It may be on page 2 of that and then you would need to go to the next page!!! It is delicious!

To refresh, I just click the UserCP button. That brings up all the threads I've subscribed to. Then I click the little arrow next to the post that appears. That takes me to the most recent post.

Hope that helps a little!

Chim, thanks! I do a refresh from the top of my Internet Explorer page, not hard, but a pain, especially if I forget, lol!!!!

Indiogirl, Glad CPAP is working better for you!! You will get used to it!!!

I am sooooo bummed right now:mad: ... I went out to use my pool for the first time since my surgery and it is actually HOT here today, lol!!! But guess what?????? The filter isn't working!!!!!! AHHH, I can't win! My oldest borrowed the car to go to work, because her fiance brings her home every weekend, so I can't even go and pick one up!!! Then I call my wonderful husband to see if he might want to pick one up on the way home and he says, "I'll see if I can fix it!" ... well, it is 25 years old, what are the chances that he is going to fix it????? LOL ... Plus, by that time, nothing will be open for the weekend and I am just screwed!!!!! AHHH, very depressing!!! Well, I'm gonna go soak in a Dirty, unfiltered pool, lol!!!! No, really isn't that bad yet!!!! But it won't take long!!!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!:lol: Bye for now!

How is it in the mushy stage? How much do you eat at a time? Do you feel satisfied? How long can you go in between meals without getting hungry?

Linda

I got to mushy on thrusday and have done great = I eat slowly (maybe not as slow as i should- but slow compared to how is use to eat)

It's 12:30 and I had 1/2 cup eatbeaters w/cheese around 9 this morning and I am still full..

For those of you who like grape koolaide - my dr office has this grape raisin Protein Drink 15 grms for 70 calories that taste GREAT.. I gooled it but can't find a website (Lite Life) that really matches where you can order - and just went to get the packaging and just says distrubed by bobby basker-rao.. They also have lemonaide & orange - all of whick i like..

today is a little better for me. I ended up calling the doctor because the gas pains were so bad. So far this has no been a cake walk, but I hope the next day or 2 improves how I feel. I am taking only tylenol now for pain and gas x strips. I am having trouble eating. Everything tastes lousy.I have lost 6 lbs in 2 days.

Cate

I hear you girl - my 1st 2 days weren't great - buy by third i was home and doing so much better - still had a little gas and took the gas strips and walked they would go away.

It does get better with time..

:lol:

CHIMBOREE- Welcome back girl arent you just a little rabbit - go go go.. that's great.. Glad everything went well

SUNNY, glad you're back and doing well - I was ok with the full liquids for the frst few days but then wanted the mushies BAD Only had 10 days liquid post op and one of those days towards the end I did have mushie (my potato Soup ended up being mashed potatoes) . I got them on thrudsday..

FRUSTRATED - I understand the truck quote - mine was an elephant

CAZULAY - I am glad you are doing well and hubby is acting better.

JANIEE ..I am a baby and hate rules LOL!!:cry I Hear you on the RULES...... thank god i got cream Soups when i got home... Each doc is SO Diff..

ALESHA - It does get better - my 1st 2 days werent great but it does get

Ok guys i have been on here since 9:30 this morning and still haven't gotten current and it's 1 p.m.. I got go and to some things.

Hope there aren't 20 more pages to catch up with... We are a VERY busy bunch - the July 2006 band thread only has 120 pages and it's a year old....

dmjet, my dr. has me on sugar free Jello and popsicles ( no fudsicles), chicken broth (I just had a cup for lunch and it was delicious!), Tomato Soup, V8, Slim Fast, Water and Crystal Light for 2 weeks. Then mushies for 2 weeks, then soft foods for 2 weeks, then normal foods. So yes, it will be 6 weeks before I am allowed to eat solids.

I am doing good on it so far, hope this full feeling lasts!

CeCe

Your diet is just like mine but i could have a fudgecicle.. but my 2 weeks have really only been 10 days - surgry 7/10 and had Clear Liquids 2 days in the hospital then regular including creamed Soups, then 7/27 got to move on to mushies for 10 days and then soft then regular.

Truely i am fine on just mushies and soft - it includes alli want to eat.

:angryOkay, It's official, it's a conspiracy!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! ;) After I decide okay, I will soak in a nonfiltered, dirty pool with bugs mind you!!!! ... I go out and the sun goes in ... So I tough it out and stay out there for like 2 hours and no sun!!! :help:... Well, guess what???? .... I come in and NOW there is sun!!!! Someone doesn't like me, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I'm not supposed to enjoy the pool this summer!!!!! :think

Now, gotta figure out what to make for supper!!! :lol: I absolutely hate this, because I can just take something out and I am fine, but the rest of the family won't do that!!! So now for the big test ... what to make?????? I suppose I will come up with something! Do you think I would dare get away with having hubby eat a lunchmeat sandwich again today?????? :D He probably wouldn't complain, but I would feel terrible, lol!!!! Why are we like that, lol??????????????:)

Well, sounds like IndioGirl is getting her new plan figured out rather well!!! Way to go, Girl! Oh, and EggBeaters sound good!! I used to eat them all the time when I went to LA Weight Loss, but kind of got away from it, might have to give it a try again! They are pretty good!!!! ;)

No hide or hair of Dini, again today????? She must be partying like it's 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:eek: Remember Dini, too much birthday partying, will make Dini a tired Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

Happy Sunday Birthday, Dini, if we don't hear from you before that!!!! Since you will be on to Sunday before we will, lol!!!!!

Have a GREAT day!!!!!! :lol:

Hi! Does anybody know how long after your surgery before you can go swimming and get your strips wet?

Thanks!

Still no Kathy!!!! Hope all is well and you aren't on because you are having a good time!!!! :lol:

Some of my faves are MIA ... like Chim, Lynette, Dini, Laurend, Sunny, I don't see them online at all ... hope all is going well!!!!! Miss you, Gals!!:)