Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Patti C - Good news! I noticed this past week I gained a few pounds and wasn't really freaking out, but not happy about it at all! Today I weighed myself and I've lost what I gained. Remember, also that I can eat just about everything...no real post-op diet for me, just progress as I see fit. There IS hope, just remember you're RECOVERING not DIETING!

Jeanie - I didn't really have any "food stages"...I was on clear liq. for 2 days and then I moved to all liq. and soft foods (yogurt, cot. cheese) for a few days. Now I'm eating everything except bread and soda (I'm just not mentally prepared to deal with an issue if I have one with these).

Kathy - Now that surgery is over I'm sure it went fine. You had an odd pre-op diet anyway...doc should've given you more options.

Indiogirl - Love ya, girl, but we shouldn't give any mis-information here...MY DOC HAS ABORTED A SURGERY BEFORE and almost did the other day again. Pre-op diets are designed for a reason and if we can't follow them (most of the time...no one's perfect) then maybe we should re-evaluate if this is the right tool for us.

Cate54 - I would suggest trying Tylenol instead of Ibuprophen...Ib. has been known to show stomach/bowel upset...which could be showing up as pain for you. I would stay off of it for a couple of days, eat some yogurt to clean you out, and stick to Tylenol. I would be this will help.

Update - First...we did IT! Yes, I mean, IT. Pain wasn't so bad...did I mention that my husband is a fantastic luuuvvveeerrr? Sorry, Lynette that you're having to wait so long.

I spoke too soon the other day, the pain in my left-of-center is back with a vengence. I moved a lot yesterday and that could be the culprit. Could be that I've been picking up my daughter and today I'll stop and relax...I have a hot date with my DH tonight!OOOOOOwweeee!

Last night I had my first REAL meat. I got over zealous and downed a large piece of grilled chicken. Right after I swallowed I realized that I did not chew well enough and I was instantly worried that I was going to have issues. I just sat for a minute and sipped some Water. Within a couple of minutes the discomfort passed, but it really taught me a lesson about chewing!

Marcy, sounds like you are doing great!!! My doc seems to be laid back on the diet too! Not a problem, I haven't had any problem with eating anything! Guess we are lucky, but I have to watch how much I eat, lol!

Hi All -

Yayayayayayayay!!! After I had my surgery, my doctor told me not to be surprised if I left the hospital weighing 10-15lbs heavier than when I came in, due to the amount of IV and gas that they put in me. Fortunately, I was only about 7 lbs heavier, and it was coming off very slowly, until today. I am FINALLY under the 330 mark and I am sooo excited! Bye bye 330's...NEVER again! Down a total of...39lbs!

Hi Everyone.....

I have enjoyed catching up on the past 10 pages - boy I need to keep up with this daily! It is so nice to see the support everyone has for each other.

I have a question about "seroma". I was banded on July 10 in Mexico. On Sunday I had leaking coming from my large incision, my doctor said it was "seroma" and not to worry about it. Well, it stopped and I was fine, until this morning. Then it started leaking again. SO I am wondering is this normal and did anyone else experience this and what is the remedy???

I am working every day and going to work with a big bandage on my incision so I don't mess up my clothes - UGGG! It is becoming a pain.

Thank you for any support you can give me - Have a great day

Lynette - hope your computer is working soon - call the Geek Squad

Chim - hope you are doing good - your in my thoughts and prayers

Kathy - hope your doing good - sending my good thoughts your way

Dini - you are such a good mommy - I like to read about your adventures.

Phylis - You sound like you are progressing very well.

I love reading the success stories that flow through here....they are amazing and inspiring to me. Thank you so much. My band day is 7/31, so I've got a few days to go and on day three of my pre-op diet. The hunger is getting less intrusive, but still feel like I think of food an awful lot. Does the head hunger go away after the band or is that still something you have to deal with, can someone answer that for me? Thanks!

I had my first night with the Cpap machine, what a pain in the butt....it ruined my sleep because everytime I moved around, air would start escaping from one place or another, plus, I just don't like things on my face!!! I need it for surgery, otherwise I would dump it in a NY minute!! Anyone else having to use this contraption and having issues? Or am I just being whiney for no reason??? lol

I'm excited to hear from the new bansters each day, can hardly wait until I can say, "Whoo hoo....I've joined the club!"

Gotta go do some remodeling downstairs with my DH before I am no longer able to help him!

BBL, Celeste

I did a search and this is what I found: Not sure, but might be helpful!

seroma is a pocket of clear serous Fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. When small blood vessels are ruptured, blood plasma can seep out; inflammation caused by dying injured cells also contributes to the Fluid.< /p>

Seromas are different from hematomas which contain red blood cells and from abscesses which contain pus and result from an infection.

Seromas can sometimes be caused by a new type of partial-breast radiation therapy, as explained in a recent article in the International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics.

Seromas can also sometimes be caused by injury such as when the initial swelling from a blow or fall does not fully subside. The remaining serous fluid causes a seroma that the body usually gradually absorbs over time (often taking many weeks); however, a knot of calcified tissue sometimes remains.

Seroma is particularly common after mastectomy surgery for breast cancer and many women find that it makes their intitial recovery period more difficult. Some women need repeated visits to their doctor to have the seroma fluid drained. [1]

Caolin, Hey, I use a CPAP Machine. I know when I had my sleep Study done and they put it on me, I thought there was no way I would use that thing! I experienced a lot of what you are saying about! However, I have used it for several years now and I can tell you that it really helps! Now, I am very comfortable with it. You have to play with the adjustments on the headpiece and all, but once you get that figured out, it really isn't so bad. I can sleep without, but I am always glad when I can get back home and use it again! I hope it works better for you! I do know there are different kinds and sizes of masks, perhaps yours is too big. Wouldn't hurt to ask!

Also, once you start losing the head hunger takes a back seat! I try not to have any of the foods that "bother" me around and that seems to help! I think we will have bouts with that for a long time!!! Me personally, probably forever!!!!!

Marcy, I'm glad to know you are doing so well with food. I'm supposed to be on my mushies for another few days, but have half way given up on that...was driving me nuts! Nice to know that it's working for you - makes me feel better about moving forward! :grouphug:

I've started slowly trying to eat normal foods. So far, I've only been doing 1 meal per day of non-mush, but still trying to pick things that are on the softer side. It's going ok so far. It's weird to me that I totally feel the food in my pouch. I'm not sure I feel "full" in a traditional sense though. I stopped eating only so I wouldn't have any problems. So I feel the food, but I also feel hungry. Is anyone else having trouble reading their full signals or finding that full feels different? Or maybe I'm just losing my mind.... :confused:

icybreeze, no, you are not losing your mind! I feel exactly the same way! I think it is because we don't have any restriction and thus, we aren't feeling the "true" feelings!

Thanks Jeanie! It's one of my favorite things about this board...having others going through the same things to tell you that you aren't nuts! (or at least feel a little batty with you!). I feel like a hungry alhambra bottle! The little air bubble gurgles in my tummy have me feeling like a one woman symphony - especially after I drink!

I love reading the success stories that flow through here....they are amazing and inspiring to me. Thank you so much. My band day is 7/31, so I've got a few days to go and on day three of my pre-op diet. The hunger is getting less intrusive, but still feel like I think of food an awful lot. Does the head hunger go away after the band or is that still something you have to deal with, can someone answer that for me? Thanks!

I had my first night with the Cpap machine, what a pain in the butt....it ruined my sleep because everytime I moved around, air would start escaping from one place or another, plus, I just don't like things on my face!!! I need it for surgery, otherwise I would dump it in a NY minute!! Anyone else having to use this contraption and having issues? Or am I just being whiney for no reason??? lol

I'm excited to hear from the new bansters each day, can hardly wait until I can say, "Whoo hoo....I've joined the club!"

Gotta go do some remodeling downstairs with my DH before I am no longer able to help him!

BBL, Celeste

Hi Celeste,

I have had the CPAP machine for about 3 years now, and wouldn't sleep a night without it. It does take awhile to get used to, but afterwards you are so thankful that you have it.

Also - I am 6 days post-op from having my band placed in, and I am still "dreaming" of foods all the time. I know that I can't have it though, so I don't let it torment me.

I however, was the type of person to not cheat on my pre-op diet, or anything that my doctor asked me to do, and so far this process has been okay. Also - I've lost 10lbs in the last six days, so that has really helped keep me motivated as well.

Best of luck!

Icy - I don't think you're losing your mind...I have the same feeling too. I don't think it's necessarily Head Hunger, but there are times I feel like "heck, I'm not full, or even feel full so why not have more?" I think the idea is that we don't feel hungry...feeling full is irrelevant. This is a hard concept for me to grasp. I also eat when I'm bored and I've been trying to drink instead (which is hard, I'm not big on fluids).

Oooppsss, I hear a war starting with the children, must go and conquer!

I had my first night with the Cpap machine, what a pain in the butt....it ruined my sleep because everytime I moved around, air would start escaping from one place or another, plus, I just don't like things on my face!!! I need it for surgery, otherwise I would dump it in a NY minute!! Anyone else having to use this contraption and having issues? Or am I just being whiney for no reason??? Celeste

CELESTE,

Call your provider and see if you can get a different type of mask. I had one probably like you have for a year. I asked for something differen and they brought me a nasal pillow mask. Much more comfortable to wear!

products_showmedia.asp?fName=SmPicture&ProductID=480Hope you can see the photo.