Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Dancing, IndioGirl, Replicator, Gladstr, Reconciler, and LaNalga...ya'll are up for tomorrow!!! Let us know how you're feeling!

Lynette, I'm looking up how to set up a poll. Give me a few minutes.

Thanks Chimboree

I am just cking in before tommorrow, I have to be at the hospital by 6:15 a.m. and will spend the night. I guess i am a little nervouse as i'm not hungery and the only time i'm not hungry is when i am nervouse.

As of right now i have lost 10 lbs since 7/6 - that's with the help of TWO colon cleansing 0ne friday for scope and today for tomorrow - along with being on a preop diet and liquids for 2 days. So i guess i gotta change my ticker etc...

Well, gotta finish a few things just what to say hi !!!

Talk to you all either Wed or Thursday depending on how i feel.

Janet

Just checking in, nogthing much happened today. DH is back and I am very happy, except that I had forgotten how messy he is and how that drives me crazy! :)

I also saw BigMedicine tonight, and DH did too, and I think he feels better every time he learns more about it. I can't not wait for the 27th! Some of us will be getting fills by then! I want to be slim! Good news is that I have dropped a couple of pounds on my pre-op diet so far. :)

Good luck to all getting banded tomorrow!!!!

Thanks Chimboree for your thoughts and prayers!!

I am off to the airport to depart at 5:45 AM. I will be back on Thursday. I will check back in when I return. I am not at all nervous because I feel like you all have helped ease my worries...... I am more concerned about the deep gum/teeth cleaning :omg: I have to get in August. That makes Lapband surgery sound like a walk in the park. I hate going to the dentist.

Thanks to you all!! I am scheduled for 1:00. :whoo:I will be a bandster....maybe I should change my name to bandster12 instead of gladster12......

Take care!

Dini, I love the shirt idea!!

Hey Gladster-

I wish you a safe trip! You will love Dr. R. Let us know how things went as soon as you get back!:clap2:

I may or may not be around tomorrow morning, so here's the updated spreadsheet. <br /> <br /> I'm not going to be able to get online at all this coming Saturday, so I'll post this week's update on Friday. If you guys want your stats updated this week, I'll need your updates by Friday morning, so that I can post them. I will be going on vacation for a week on Saturday, so I won't be able to post the 7/28 update until the 29th or 30th at the earliest.

She is 3 years old, and full of energy. What she lacks in grace (due to the strokes, she quite floppy and uncoordinated) she makes up for in strength and determination. She is the happiest little girl I've ever known, and is so cute. She just breaks my heart (in a good way).

Ahh, Kathy, too sweet!!!! She will thrive and it will be amazing to watch her blossom!!! Keep us posted!

laurend, thanks for the spreadsheet! We miss seeing you on here, but I would love to be going on vacation right now!!! Where are you going? Have a fabulous time, RELAX!!!

Wrangler, my surgery was done in well under an hour. Let's see, my surgery was at 9:30 and I was in my room by 10:30. So not too bad, huh?

Good luck to all that are up today and those going this week! It will all be well worth it!!!!

Lynette enjoy your walk!! i'm having fun designing these tops!!

Peaches your doing superb 186 oh la la!

Danny & Forgvg70x7 your both doing amazing on your weight loss, wish i was upp there with you. hopefully with a fill i'l get a kick start!

DMTJET, thank you so much for sharing your story. I was in tears. anything like that breaks my heart. its is so awful what happened. People can be evil and not understand now had the words have consequences i'm talking more so for his new wife. I'll Try take some Pic of your little granddaughter tomorrow and post them i might even take one of me!!!

everytime i eat my back hurts does this happen to anyone. well its getting really really sore so tomorrow i'm going to call the Nurse. Thats not on! I think i lost another 1lb but i couldn't really tell for sure. my mom's scales doesn't actually have a screan for lbs cos over here its done in stones. at the minute i'm 13 stone 6 or 7 lbs i think!

i had the most lovely pinapple today ah i loved it. yummy!!!!!

Is Sunshine around?

Chinboree how you doing girl!!!

Hi Dini,

Sometimes my back hurts too when I eat, I don't quite understand that one, but I go to my doc on Monday and that is one of my questions, but I'd be interested to know what the nurse tells you, please update me.

Thanks!!!

Hey everybody... I'm 5 days post-op and I feel sooo much better. The first few days I think I was still high:rolleyes:, the wonderful nurses at the hospital had no problem dosing me up with morphine, gotta love em..... but heavens to betsy, THESE GAS PAINS:eek: are a major killer. The gas-x strips did not work, now I have Phazyme pills and they work a lot better. I've been walking around, a couple blocks up and down the street to get things moving. Once goos thing since the beginning of my journey until now I've lost 20lbs half of that was the pre-op diet., wooo-hooo:clap2:, although you can't tell it by my stomach, it's looks like I'm about to have a baby.

One question, should I be hungry? I have no appetite at all, is that strange? I was thinking I should enjoy it while it lasts, because it'll probably come back with a vengence.

Well just thought I'd let you guys know what was going on. Talk to you later.

Hi Felicia,

glad to hear you are doing so great, I did not have an appetite for probably the first 7-9 days, but when it came back, it came back full force, but now I am managing it and when my appetite did come back I was on creamy liquids so that helped alot.

Hope this helps, don't worry, your perfectly normal:clap2:

Jackie, glad you have your antibiotics now. Too bad you were uninformed about them being in the pharmacy on Saturday.

At my pre admission testing for the hospital they did tell me that even if I still had my sinus infection it would not of delayed surgery. So hang in there, you may be worring for nothing!!

dmtjet, let us know how your support group goes tonight. Mine is the last Tuesday of every month, so next Tuesday I'll let you know how mine goes.

Renee Marie, did you find the polls??? Let me know today and I can direct you if you're till having problems!

Wrangler, my surgery was about 45 minutes. Just remember they need some time to knock you our and get your belly cleaned off, intruments set up, etc. before starting, but you should be done within an hour.

Cazulay, love the new pic!! and congrats on losing a few pre op.

Phyl, I still se those little boxes with the red X in them for your pics, wonder why I can't open them??

Kathybad, isin't it amazing to see our little ones eat?? I pray my son doesn't take after me, becasue at this stage it's getting harder to get decent food into him. All he wants is junk food, which is what his 155 lb father eats. Hope he gets my DH's metabolism too!!!

Well, I'm headed to the shower this morning before my Dr. appointment. Crazy thing is I'm been more nervous about this follow up appointment than I was going to the hospital for surgery!!!!!! Wonder why that is??

I have 2 pages typed with questions for him, and I'm anxious to see what I weigh on their scales.

I'll check back in later. Everyone have a great day.

hey Sheelagh,

how you doing sweety! sorry i wasn't around earlier i was working and we were very busy.

so you were saying your the Doctor gave you no instructions??

All i was told was not to eat after midnight the day b4 the surgery. by eating i mean nothing in your mouth. no Water nothing. I didn't even brush my teeth that morning but maybe that was going a little too far!

when you get there they'll tell you to wash with the soap they have in the despencer in the shower. they have towels. then they give you suppositories, i bet you the nurse will say 'Do you want to go to the toilet to put them in' which means do it yourself. That wasn't a problem for me but i know 2 girls that said i dont think so i paid 10k for this you can put them in!!!there wasn't a problem with it at all. i was 1st getting opp'd on so i had no waiting at all. i was to be there at 7.45 if thats your time you'll be first.

i was quite weak after and callosped in the toilet i think i told you the whole story... but as i said b4 out of 6 i waas the only one with terrible pain.

one but of advice is with the nurses be straight and firm with them, after what the nurses did to me i was not happy at all to this day when i think of them pushing me down i get a shivver and think i can't breath. if your uncomfortable tell them its there job to help you.

sorry to have made it long winded anything else let me know and please call me if you want.

please excuse the spelling!

Dini,

I don't know the whole story about your experience with the nurses but it sounds so aweful. As a nurse I can say there are a lot of women/men in my profession that hate their jobs are in it for the wrong reason. These people FURIATE me, you don't get into nursing for yourself you do it for others and you have to treat all patients as if you would your children or mothers and fathers. I hate that you had this experience and I hope that it has not given you a bad taste for nurses, there are some of us out there that love our jobs and love our patients. And to those nurses that treated you that way, well they need to quit they give the profession a bad name.

Sorry you had such a bad experience

Good morning Christy, are you at work again? Hows the shoulder pain this morning? Still there? Hope its getting better for you!

ReneeMarie, there are two polls. Did you see the one to choose the destination of the cruise, it's right under the to bring or not to bring a spouse/partner poll.