Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Prairielover, Our school is really pushing the healthy lifestyle and lunches also. They have really changed what they offer, especially from when I was in school. We have fresh fruit and veggies nearly every day now. I think it is definitely for the better, the changes needed to be made. They also replaced reg. soda in the machines with Water and diet. Snacks went to more healthy with wheat products, etc. So improvements for the better. Plus, we enacted at least 10 minutes a day to movement exercises. So all towards a healthier lifestyle.

Well, got to go get more Protein down in this little bitty tummy of mine:D.

I think I will go for cream of split pea opposed to the cream of potato (for the fifth time):bored. Definiely loved the SlimFast with Peanut Butter shake someone recommended. It was heavenly. But, now it is the 8 ounces of Soup and I am ready for it. You guys have a good night and do not think about bad thoughts. Tomorrow is another day and another shake and we will do this:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Denise

NDPRAIRIELOVER, tell your daughter thank you and i love her already!!!! About my name with the 'A' my parents are Italian so you know the way girls names have 'A's at the end and boys have 'O's (usually) well Denise was not cutting it cos of the last letter so they put an 'A'. CRAZY PEOPLE!!

DMTJET if i'm honest. it is so hard but its even harder being around the staff we have, they are hopeless! Actually they all notice that i'm not eating our food anymore and there like 'why aren't you eating anymore' and so on i'm like i'm just trying to eat a little healthier. but i can't let our customers here that i'll loose our business!!!

I think I would probably just tell him. At that point, he can't change your mind and I think I would just ask him as your uncle to please be supportive, because you have done your research and you are doing this to better your health and stay healthy!!!! If he doesn't respect that, tell him you would rather he did, but you are going to look out for yourself and succeed with or without his help. Sometimes, you just have to let them know where you stand!

Hey Dini, just missed your quick message, but if you are already in the morning of tomorrow. Have a good one and thank goodness you are eating healthy and your co-workers will just have to watch you get better! Night.

Dini, Yeah, lol! I know what you mean about eating healthy! But you don't have to say the food is unhealthy, just that you are trying to cut back on your portions and calories in an effort to be healthy!!!! Hey, over half the world is trying to do that these days, lol!!!

Night, Dini, night all!!!!! Gonna spend some time with my Honey!!!! Give us some good reading for tomorrow!!!!! Sweet dreams!!!!

Gladster, my willy (i dont have one) this is a tough one! i've told no-one so i wouldn't even go to the dinner but that is just me.

3 days after the opp i wouldn't have stepped foot into a resturant. also your uncle will notice you;ve had the band if your mom made that remark and then you go into the resturant and only have Soup. again babydoll just my taughts best of best luck with it xx

Night, Dini, night all!!!!! Gonna spend some time with my Honey!!!! Give us some good reading for tomorrow!!!!! Sweet dreams!!!!

night night sweet pee! sweet dreams x

My doctor does not allow you to smoke for 2 months prior. He says in his seminar that if you smoke you are more likely to have problems with the band.

On my way you may want to check out this thread. It is on smoking with the band. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/smoking-lap-band-3137/

And what a freakin coincidence I weigh exactly the same thing as my 6 foot 1 husband. If I wasn't gettin my band I think I might be suicidal.

haaa,haaaaaa I feel your pain. I'm 5'2" and OUTweigh my 5'11" husband. My teenage son caught wind of this and now calls me BigMomma, which in turn has caused the 6 yr old son to follow suit. lol This is just MORE incentive to be banded. Hang in there, we're going to make it!

ok so i'm heading to bed. the onenight i manage to stay away till 4.17 am and no-one is around! I must smell again!!! night to all hope your having a great day :)

Kathybad, we haven't had a question of the day today, not a lot of people on. What did you decide you are telling people post op about your surgery, and why it effects the way your eating???

I've decided to tell people I have to have my hiatal hernia fixed. It's not a lie, as I've just learned that my surgeon fixes these while he is installing the lapband.

My biggest issue is that I work in a food company in marketing, which means a lot of taste testing. Now that I've started my pre-op diet, I'm not eating normally. Plus, when I have the surgery, I'm not going to be moving very fast at work (I only get 2 days off). So I needed something to tell my co-workers, otherwise the questions would become difficult to handle.

I'm also a huge "over sharer", so not saying anything would be very strange.

I've already told a few people about the "hernia" operation, and it seems to work.