Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

HIYA EVERYONE. THIS IS THE LIST OF PEOPLE I HAVE FOR THE CRUISE CAN YOU CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR NO THE LIST. IF YOUR NOT ON AND YOU ARE INTERESTED PM ME

LYNETTE

CHIMBOREE

SUNSHINE

GLADSTAR12

NURSE76

CHUNKYBUDDY

DIEKA

AUNTY PHYL

DANNY

DMTJEY**

FORGIVE70X7**

DINI

** MEANS POSSIBLY

LET ME KNOW!!

Ranier: I have two things about teaching I know are true. Both high school English teachers and Kindergarten teachers are going to heaven. No doubt about it! I teacher 5th and 6th. I am also Vice Principal. I love my job so very much, but am working on a Ph.D. so I can teach preservice teachers. No Child Left Behind is getting hard and unrealistic. I work more with administrators, tests and things that will never mean as much as the child themselves and what they need to learn versus what the administration thinks they should learn.

Dini: I have never seen Denise as Denisa; however, it looks beautiful in writing. I was always called Deni. You have a beautiful name and live in a beautiful country (so my older daughter tells me). You can bet if I ever get a chance to go to Europe, Ireland will be my first stop and you will be on my list. I have always wanted to see and have a brewsky in a pub. But, now that the beer is taboo for the LBers, I will settle for something else refreshing.

Your cruise sounds fun, but I have to wait for the next cycle as I am broke:embarassed:

Rainer,

How cool!!! How much has your husband been able to lose? Did you already have your surgery or still waiting? That is nice, you two will be able to lean on each other. I think that is an ideal situation to be in!

It seems as though there are so many different protocols for pre and post diets with the lap band...would everyone like to type out your pre and post dietary requirements?

ME: no weight gain from initial consult until surgery allowed...may cancel surgery if you gain weight. Clear liquid diet for the day before your surgery. Then 48 hours of Clear Liquids followed by 2 weeks of full liquids (yogurt, cottage cheese, cream Soups made with skim plus, pudding). After the two weeks you get on to the mushie stage, but my dr. told my husband to just skip the mushie stage and move onto regular food. I don't know if he does that with all of his patients.

Anyone else want to share?

Rain

prairielover, no, it is going soooo fast since this was done! But each day is better and better! Thank goodness!!! All of you out there struggling right now, keep in mind there are better days right around the corner!!!!

Renee, the competitiveness might be just the right mix!!!! You two will keep the other one going!!

NDprairielover,

I have to agree with you about English teachers going to heaven. I honestly don't think I will go back to teaching when my girls (ages 3, and 18month twins) go to school...I don't think I can deal with the BS anymore. Also, it is difficult to go to work everyday and be told that what you are doing is boring, sucks, etc...and the testing in NJ is just getting more and more ridiculous.

I'm not sure where I will go from here...only time will tell!

Rain

Dmjet,

I am super competetive, so I think it will be great to be together while we get healthy. I was banded on July 10th and dh was banded on April 3rd. He's lost a boat load and I hope to only be slightly behind him!!!

Have a great day!

Rain

Prairielover, I don't teach sixth grade! Don't think I'm cut out for it, but I do love what I do!!!! I teach K4 and though it is a very hectic and busy day, I absolutely love it!!!! I have been doing this for 21 years now, so I guess I better love it!!!! Lol

However, I do think a lot of stress comes from our jobs! I don't think people out of our field realize how much stress there is. It has been especially difficult the past few years, because the family values and home lives have really gone downhill! We are definitely seeing the results of that in our classrooms. Last year, nearly half of my class came from a broken family. It is sad, but the role models they have just aren't always the best. Now, that is not to say that some of these children do rather well and have a good home life despite all of that, but for the most part, that isn't how it is.

Hang in there Rain. I cannot think of anything worse than hearing those words, "this is boring" and I definitely lose it when they do the "this sucks" thing. Enjoy those little ones as they too start saying these things and by that time, you might be ready to start something new for yourself. I cannot wait for my grandkids, but my girls are still too busy in that other icky stage called college life. Oh well, guess I will have to wait.

Dini, Babes, you are such a sweetie! I don't know how you do it with being around food ALL the time!!! I have to avoid the kitchen so I don't want something!!!! YIKES!

As far as the port, I feel bad that we all laughed at you about that one, 'cause I can feel mine too!!!!! My daughter felt it and said, " oooohhhh, that is just gross!!!!!" Now, isn't that just a reassuring sentiment, lol??????

Rainer, High School is completely out of my jurisdiction, but my youngest daughter is going to school to teach Secondary English! Admirable for those that do it, but I did substitute teaching in the upper grades and didn't enjoy it much! Hats off to you!!!!

OH MY GOSH You work at my school. I swear I eat more there than anywhere else. When I had to look at my eating habits to see where my food addiction was getting me in trouble, it was a hands down...it is at school. I also think that carrying around this weight was really getting hard on my teaching as I found myself wanting to get up front and roam around because my feet always hurt. The last straw was when I tore my ACL and ripped my Meniscus (knee) playing in the 6th grade versus teachers charity basketball game. I was so embarrassed when they could not pull me off the court. It was time! But, I think I will really be changing my eating habits and I will no longer be buying and eating those icky school lunches. HEY YOU MOMS OUT THERE Do you know what your public schools are feeding your kids? I am becoming really vocal at our school about the horrible food and at the same time they keep removing pop machines. I do not have a problem with that, but if you want healthy, nonobese children, get better lunch foods.

I am being banded this Tuesday. (YEAH!!) My mom will come to Dallas on Thursday, the day I arrive back from my surgery. She think I will need her to take care of me.....( I love my momma!!)

So here is the situation.......

My uncle is a psychologist. He does all the psych. evals in his area for people considering Lapband or Gastric Bypass. A couple of weeks ago my whole family was having dinner. After dinner, the issue of weightloss and his patients came up. My mom very jokingly said she thought I was getting the Lapband (she had no idea at this time that I was) in Mexico. My uncle very quickly began telling me and my mom that I should never do that because I was not 100 pounds over weight and so on.......He gave me the speech I am sure he gives his patients when he tells them they have been denied for the procedure.

So, all that to say he is coming to Dallas 3 days after I get the Lapband for a medical convention and wants to have dinner with my mom and I. SO...... when I don't each the huge amount I used to he is going to know.

Do I:

1. Not go to dinner and avoid seeing him the weekend after my surgery. He will know when I don't eat my normal amount.

or

2. Go to dinner and tell him and face his opinion of having a surgery done in Mexico that I couldn't qualify for in the US... (of, course that is his opinion)

I need a little help here.... THis is my family...not just people I work with or friends. What would you do?