Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette, By the way, I LOVE my magic bullet!!! My mom, his mom, my daughter's fiance, all want one!!!!

Hi Everyone,

This will be quick cause the family's waiting for me to go to the Wal-Mart with them. I live on the Westbank of the Mississippi River from New Orleans. I'm about 10 miles from the now world famous Super Dome.

I'm 44, been married for 23 years, and have two children and a Westie.

My daughter is 22, and my son is 15. I taught school for 16yrs. and now work in administration. The lap band is what I'm buying with my raise.

This is my 4th day on the pre-op diet, and I'm a little hungry. People eating food on the TV are ticking me off.

We also like to go RVing, but my elderly Mom is living with us now so it's hard to leave.

I have to go the family is complaining about leaving for Wal-Mart.

I don't think they understand that they should not be threatening a

hungry fat woman.

Patti, I missed you in my message. Welcome back and welcome to the land of bandsters. I will be joining you soon :biggrin1:

Dini, Dini, Dini, I miss you here. I agree with Lynette. Your body and what you do with it is none of his business. Tell him to F*** off, in a loving way of course since he is your brother. My son gets that way sometimes, like he can run my life and I have to set him straight. BTW, you and he are the perfect age for each other if you ever come here...:lol:

Here is you own sunshine from me to you...

cut033.png

Chimboree, thanks for the updated calendar. I know it takes alot of work to keep it current. You are very appreciated.:clap2::whoo::clap2:

I am really interested in these long distance meeting on phones and internet. How did you meet online? A specific site to do this? I think that is how I should meet my next special person...:biggrin1:

I also had my surgery 2 days ago in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. All I am allowed until Sunday is CLEAR fluids, Apple juice, Grape Juice, broth, Jello & Popsicles. and the SF Popsicles gave me the runs!!!! Argh!! I am drinking Pedialyte right now and its making me feel a bit more energetic. I've been walking too it helps with the gas.

But I gotta confess I'd KILL to have teh Pre-op diet right now!~!!! Cottage cheese~Yogurt~ awh ... they sound like divinity~

This stage too will pass, just 2 more sleeps

Hello to all! I feel like I have graduated from the Intro. site to the "real" band site. My name is Denise and I was banded on Monday, July 9th. I am an Elementary teacher working on my doctorate in Higher Education. I have no children at home (three girls, all in college) and my husband and I have been married 21 years. It has been a rather short journey for my lapband compared to most of you as I started looking into this process on May 25th, was approved on June 15th and started the preop diet by June 25th. I thank God I did not have to wait as long as other as I may not have followed through. I had my surgery performed in Bismarck, ND at St. Alexius. Great staff and I loved my team.

My surgery went well. I lost 21 pounds before I got there for the surgery which made me happy as my doctor wanted my liver shrunk by surgery time. Staying on the preop was one of the hardest things I had done. I admit, I cheated on the 4th of July as it was my daughter's birthday and the dreaded cake was abundant. However, I did stay active and walked so the weight obviously came off. I have no idea how much I have lost since Monday as I have refused to have a scale in my house for over three years. I just couldn't face the damage. But, I am ready to go buy one and will have one in ASAP as I need to know how much I have lost. I actually am looking forward to it.

I have been reading your posts and see some things that are happening to you are happening to me. The surgery was not so bad, but the gas has been a challenge. Had to stay close to bathroom because I never quite knew if it was gas or the runs. It definitely is whatever goes in is coming out. I imagine the runny stools will be until I get to eat solids? I do have the pain in my left shoulder that I am still trying to figure out if it is telling me I am hungry or full. I am still learning what the feeling of my stomach is telling me. Cannot always tell unless my stomach grumbles. It is really a new place.

The port area is very tender and I am staying on top of my painkillers. I decided no hero award for not using pain meds. I really recommend to you to stay on top of them and do not try to go without. I tried today and it was not worth it. I read somewhere that pain management is the key to faster healing. I am going to stay on top of the pain. Do not get me wrong, it is not inbearable, just..irritating at times.

Other than the few minor aches, I am very happy I did this and was very excited to hear my experience was not much different from others. Now I just want to get to eating a bit more substance and I am really tired of creamed Soup with no substance. I do not think I will try the refried bean trick just yet, but any other ideas besides, popsicles, fudgesicles, pudding, yogurt, liquids of any kind, Jello, broth....?:nervous

Thanks for letting me just get this story written. I know the better the support, the better success I will have. I have never chatted on a site before, but I decided it was time to start as we do not have a lot of support groups here in Bismarck. I also need someone to please tell me how to get all this stuff at the bottom of my replies like you folks have on yours. If it is not too much trouble.;)

Thanks bunches and I look forward to keeping up with this site and hearing everyone elses successes. Because that is all we are going to have after this much money and dedication, right?:lol:

Peaches and NDPrairielover, congrats on surgery and Prairielover, welcome to the site. this is a great group with lots and lots of support.

Cherea - I, too, hope your body is recovering and you'll be able to go into surgery with the healthiest body possible!

Dini - Your brother is not just a jerk, but a time waster...really, THAT'S what he does with his spare time...sad.

Sunny - thanks for the "warm" wishes.

Danny - glad the Mexico thing went well for you and that you're already loosing! BTW typing speed has nothing to do with it (my speed is around 90wpm and I STILL can't keep up with everyone!)

Update: I'm in Fairbanks now, flight from Denver went well (I kept the compression stockings from the surgery cener and wore them on the plane...really helped my legs feel good and not get swollen). We got here early this morning and I was feeling quite great (I'm just on Tylenol now) so I took a shower and drove around and went to some garage sales (a good "purpose" for a walk). I came home feeling not so great and took a nap. I'm nauseated now so I'm using an anti-nausea suppository to see if I can make it through the day. (I'd better get feeling good fast, my parents bought a new corvette and I want to go for a ride before I head back to Nome!) I've also had some discomfort in my chest - not pain - it feels like there's a burp just sitting there, high under my breast bone and it just won't come out! I'm also puffed up like a blowfish! I can't wear any of my pants just yet! But, really, if this is as bad as it gets, it's still better than I could've expected.

About me: I grew up in the AF and landed in Fairbanks for too long (abot 22 yrs). I'm LDS (a Mormon) and met my Big Stud of A Husband (BSOAH) at church. We've been married 10 yrs in Sept. and have three kids (Connor-7, Owen-4, and Stormy-almost 2). My BSOAH is a State Trooper and we moved to Bethel for a bit and we just moved to Nome. We plan on a couple more moves before we find our "home sweet spot". I went to Idaho State and earned a BS in Health Care Administration. I stay at home with the kids now and raise our chickens!

Dear PRAIRIELOVER;

Welcome abourd!! If you look at the top left of the page, you'll see HOME and beside it CPuser....

If you click on CPUSER it will take you to a place where you can EDIT your Signature... that's how I got all my stats and stuff to appear.

Now mind you "I" am no techno brainiac... there are the 'younger' gals on this sight who can give you a lot more info than I ... But this will get you started anyway.

I had my LAP on Wed 11 July and I am two days into the CLEAR LIQ phase, 2 more to go and then I get 10 days of FULL LIQUIDS... I can hardly wait!

Nice to meet you! ;o)

Hi, I am a little nervous to post because this isn't something I have done too much of. I am 30 years old I have been married for 10 1/2 years. I have 4 children ages 7, 5, 3 and 9 months and we reside in Central Texas. Needless to say there is always something going on around our house. My surgery date is July 24. I will be having a revision done because I had a previous band put on five years ago. It is called the "Molina" band. Named after the doctor who performed it. It is a non-adjustable band but it has slipped which from what I understand happens frequently with this particular surgery. I don't know if any of you watch Big Medicine on Monday nights but two weeks ago they took one off of a patient before she had the bypass. I am nervous and very excited. I am sorry if this post was to long but I appreciate all of the information that you share. :lol:

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the welcomes and congratulations to everyone that has had their bands so far. Those of you with upcoming dates-I am so happy for you. :clap2:

Just for a good laugh- I was talking to a coworker/ friend (granted she is very thin) and she just asked me "Is the band automatic? Will the weight just all drop off in a few weeks"I just wish I could drop 140 pounds in a few weeks! I guess some people just have no idea how the lapband works. It seemed like she just thought I was going to come back 100 pounds less or something. Oh well- I started to laugh, but it hurt! :lol:

Hi Peaches9

I woke up first thing Wednesday morning (3rd day) and made a (slow) beeline for the fridge. Yogurt never tasted so gooood! It is amazing how something as trivial as pudding can be divine! I know now what this whole thing is about. You are so sick of what you can have that plain ole cream of wheat and nutritional food looks perfect and will be fulfilling. And thanks for the tip on the UserCP. Now how about the ticker? Any ideas?

Peaches and Prairielover, Congratulations on your surgery.

Prairielover welcome to this site. You will love it here!

Sunny, thanks for the well wishes! I will keep you posted, but really hoping I don't have anything else to post, lol!

Marcy, don't overdo it! Sounds like you got quite a weekend planned! We are glad things went well.