Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Icy, I'm actually not allowed to have the gum by Dr. orders, but some Dr say you can. It was on a list I copied from the pre op list on this site.

dmtjet, Thanks for the compliment on 'MY Boys'. Love 'em to death.

Very happy.

Kathybad, we haven't had a question of the day today, not a lot of people on. What did you decide you are telling people post op about your surgery, and why it effects the way your eating???

Cazulay, don't forget to save some of that money for our Bandaversry Cruise next year!!!

Hey yall. I 'm back . I was banded yesterday, I checked into the hospital at 6am and sugery was around 9am. I was doped up on morphine and when I finally woke up around 3 o'clock that afternoon. I didn't feel that bad until I attempted to get out of bed, :omg: ouch, ouch, ouch. I feel like I was kicked in the stomach by a horse, but I walked around the hall a few times last night. I have no gas pains yet, just really sore. I spent the night and did the barium swollow this morning, after that went well I was given lunch of chicken broth, Jello, popsickle and tea. I ate a few spoonfuls broth and jello and was full after that. I got home about 3 o'clock today and took a nap. I have vicoden, but I took the liquid tylenol, I'll save the vicoden for tonight if I need it. Overall I can say that it wasn't as bad as I expected. I'm just really sore, especially where the port is.

Well, I am officially a bandster and cannot wait to start my journey.

I'm off for a walk and then a nap. I'll talk to you guys later.

I agree with Nurse76, this is not an easy way out.

Luckily for me my Surgeon spoke to me and my DH about just that point.

He said," it's just like an Artificial Knee Replacement, or HIP, or a pacemaker put into a failing heart... Would you deny one of those patients?" Oh course not, Obesity is an illness just as is arthritis, coronary hardening etc...

Its just a stigma that WE"LL have to fight... I have already overcome the stigma of mental illness(Depression), this is just one more challenge.

I am feeling blessed that I found this solution

Peaches, I am right there w/you on this. I see it just as your doc said...I think of it as similar to a pacemaker--an implant designed to improve health--just like our trusty bands.

And I know about the stigma of mental illness. I, too, suffer from depression and anxiety. When I do tell people, they are amazed. They are surprised b/c I don't 'look' like someone w/a mental illness. Give me a break. Although mental illness isn't as stigmatized as it once was, it's definitely still there. Especially in the Black community. From family members, I always hear, "You don't need that stuff (medication/counseling)." They wouldn't say that to another family member that takes meds for diabetes or cancer, so...but I've come so far and don't care what anyone says anymore about that. Guess it will be the same for me w/the Band.

Just remember, people are gonna have s'thing to say no matter what--whether we're fat/overweight, or losing wt while banded. So...just ignore them. I know it's easier said than done.

My mom is an RN so she's like my personal nurse, and she's making sure that I get everything I need in, Vitamins, Protein, Iron, Calcium, etc.

I made a spreadsheet, so we can keep track of everything I've taken in.

~*Ash*~

AshRae, wow, you're own in-home nurse! That has to be nice.:biggrin1:

hey all! my date is the 23rd..

Great Sunnysunshine! We will update the calendar for you!

Wow, it's amazing to see what a 24 hour difference makes. I'm feeling much better today and have a little more energy than I did yesterday. :)

~Nichole

Forgve, glad to hear you're doing well. It seems our whole gang is doing great so far.

Well tomorrow is the day for me. I thought that I would be more nervous...My thoughts are with you all-recovering or waiting!;)

Trystelle, you know we'll be praying for ya! I'm sure you are well-prepared and will do just fine.

...:whoo:It is definite, my surgery is July 18th at 8 AM. Here is hoping there are no more problems!

quote]

Tinkerbell, congrats on the date. I know this can be frustrating at times. Glad you hung in there!!! I'll be updating the calendar.

Easy way out? My DH said the same thing to me just the other day. Well after 40 years of losing and gaining, after trying every diet pill and exercise plan, after months of counseling, the truth is that this is the ONLY way out. NOTHING else has worked--if it did I wouldn't be where I am. Only a fool keeps trying what doesn't work.

Lindaa, i agree. Only a fool keeps trying what doesn't work. I already posted earlier (I think in my post to Peaches) my feelings about the 'easy way out' mentality. I think people who say this are speaking out of ignorance...and I just let them continue in their ignorance (unless I really think they would be receptive to the facts).

Lynette, you do have 2 cuties!!! And I like you're new pic, too.

Anyone heard from Breadlady??? How bout Dini?

Hi everyone! Welcome to all the new people and congrats to all those who had surgery. Everyone is doing so well:clap2::clap2::clap2:

We had a horrible storm system come through Augusta early yesterday afternoon. Trees down everywhere, flash floods, tons of wind damage and the loss of my power. :cry It did not come back on until 4:30 this am. I the one day I missed, I had 11 pages to catch up on. Are we not a prolific group or what???:biggrin1:

Lynette, Love the new avatar. I think I can already tell in your face you have lost weight. Those boys of yours are definitely cuties. Hunter is adorable and the hubby is quite HOT also;) Glad to see you are doing so well. I am jealous that you have had the surgery and will be moving on to munchies and I won't have the surgery until the 26th:think JK :biggrin1: well maybe a little jealous:)

Dini, my little sausage, you are working too hard. If you can't be here to talk with us....that means too much work.:biggrin1: Hope everything is getting better with you and Adam, or at least not worse. I definitely want to cruise with you and all the other Lucky #7s. Anywhere would be fine with me. We could always go April or May before hurricane season starts or eastern carribean. I went cruising in the eastern carribean when a hurricane was out there. The ship just went further out and the Water was a little rougher. I am game for any place, any time...how about the Greek Isles, I always wanted to go there.

Marcy, you are doing so well. I sure hope I do as well as all of you have.

Laurend, hope you are doing well.

Kathybad, our day is getting closer and closer. Where are you located? I am in Augusta, GA. Hot as hades here right now. I don't know how I am going to get walking in with temps in the upper 90's with humidities in the 90's. You get wet walking outside. It is like walking in Soup.< /p>

Jeanie, glad to see you are doing well. Y'all are just so inspiring to me as I wait for surgery.

icybreeze, I am a nurse and I can tell you it is the patient's right for adequate pain control. If you are hurting call your doctor, or whoever is on call and tell them you need something stronger. If someone grabbed his balls and twisted he would probably want pain meds. Maybe he can relate to that. I get so frustrated with docs that don't provide good pain relief. This is a pet peeve of mine in nursing.

Chimboree, thanks for the powerpoint. I loved it. How is the infection doing? YOu are clearing up, aren't you? Thanks for the update on the calendar.

I know I have left off many responses but just can't remember everything. I will be keeping up to date now.

Things are going great with me.

Felicia, yay! You're back home. Sounds like you're doing well, too. This is so wonderful. This gives me even more courage about my own surgery.

Sheelagh, welcome! Another Irish friend. Our other Irish buddy, Dini, hasn't posted this evening (unless I've missed it.). This is a great group. (very active one, too!)

Welcome Sheelagh!!! Always room for one more bander

KathyBadL: Yeah it was great to meet you too. My surgery went well, op at 12:30 recovery for a while (I was so groggy that I couldn't remember who put my clothes back on when I got home?) I slept all the way across the 401 and up the 400, didn't remember that either. THen once I got home I slept for another 2 hours. Then I went for a little walk back and forth in front of my house for about 15 mins. to get ride of some gas... Slept pretty good until 5 a.m. then gas had me up walking again. But honestly no REAL pain... just kinda uncomfortable with these "bubbles" churning up and into my left shoulder.. no worries.

I took a Tordol and some liq. tyl then my other meds... getting sick of straight fluids though. I gotta hang in with that until SUNDAY.

Then I get to have a shower and Full fluids!!! YEAH, Oh joy oh bliss... I can hardly wait.

Funny, couldn't hardly wait to have the surg, now I cant' wait for full fluids again. then I'll be whining about mushi... LOL I am silly.

My first fill is Aug 27th back in T.O>

Sorry, someone asked about crushing pills.< /span> I have a couple of nasty tasting Rx's so I crush them and add a chewable GasX crushed, kinda makes it all a little more palatable, then I scoop it up with a spoon and swallow with some crystal light... I got thru today o.k. doing that.

Chimboree, thanks for the powerpoint. I loved it. How is the infection doing? YOu are clearing up, aren't you? Thanks for the update on the calendar.

Sunshine, glad things are going great! You're welcome for the PowerPoint. I am currently on Macrobid 2x/day, so hopefully this will knock it out. My stomach is still a bit bloated and tender, so I'm praying this med is doing s'thing. It's gotta go. I'm 13 days away! ;)

BTW, I was cracking up about your response to IcyBreeze about twisting the docs goodies and pain meds. :heh::heh::heh:

Chimboree, I haven't heard from Dini all day, and after checking on Breadlady's last post (June 29) I ended up sending her a PM:phanvan. Hope everything is ok. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I've been using my Lucky 7 calendar and highlighting all the names that have come back to post. 14 are MIA from July 2 to July 10.:cry

Sunny, you be in Bandland soon. I'll save some mushy's for you!!;)

Felicia's back:clap2:. Great to hear you're doing well. Keep it up, it's gets better everyday.

I think a cruise in Alaska sounds great. There are only about two months out of the year where it is a good time to go. No hurricanes, no hot weather.

To be honest, I don't care where we go b/c I know we'll have fun...but the Greek Isles sounds really exotic...I like that.

anybody heard from BIG WAVE DAVE (Aloha)????

He got banded yesterday like me and I've searched and can't find him... God Bless him wherever he is.