Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

lindaa, well said.

I too had a hard time with the money, but I try to think of all the money I'm going to save.

Take for instance, on Sunday I was out and stopped to get some Soup for lunch at my favorite Chineese take out. I love egg drop soup, and for $1.35 I was able to get a pint, not sure exactly how many ozs was in it, but I had lunch that day, dinner that night, and lunch the next day on it, and I just threw the remainder of it out today. There was ever bit of 5 meals for me in that $1.35 I spent for lunch that day.

Before surgery I would of spent $5.00 on a lunch special, brought it home and ate on it once, because I hate heated up Chineese, to me it just doesn't taste the same.

So the benefits of the surgery and cost outweights the money I'd be spending on lunches and dinner out. Even eating at home, the food goes a lot longer than you'd expect, so we'll definitely see a diference in our food bill at the grocery, even if we do still have families to feed.

Trystell, best of luck to you tomorrow. We'll be glad to hear from you afterwards. Have a sppedy recovery and stop in when you can.

I definately do not regret this decision. I have tried every diet out there and I only lose and then gain back more than what I lost. Anyone that says that this is an "easy way" out does not know what they are talking about. Just because you have the band, does not mean that you don't want to eat those things that made you overweight to start with.

This has been the most challenging thing mentally that I have ever gone through. I applaud myself and all of you for having the bravery to make a stand and have this surgery. It takes a strong willed woman or man to make the decision to give up food.

Although I know that I will be able to eat again, right now I am definately going through withdrawals, but I know that it will pass.

Did not mean to get on a rampage, but I have people tell me that this surgery is the "easy way out" and it angers me so badly.

So I stand up and applaud us all for taking a stand against obesity.

Now that I am through rampaging, I am 11 days post-op, to all of you that are about the same as me, how much are you able to eat at this point? I just sat down and drank an entire bowl of Soup, that would be 20oz (i drank it slowly of course) In my mind I am feeling like this is too much, what do you guys think?

And also I am starting on the "mush" or "pureed" diet this weekend, any Ideas? What are some things that you guys have put into a blender?

Trystella;

Good luck to you, it will be just fine. I didn't have any nerves either LOL but when the Nurse took my BP just before surgery it was 170/80... just a wee high for me... I usually run 127/78 or 132/89 somewhere in there.

I also do Yoga, I love it... my Doc suggested I take 4 - 6 wks before I try that or weight lifting... so It'll be Treadmill and eliptical trainer until then.

Let usknow how you do tomorrow... WE're all here to cheer you on.

I agree with Nurse76, this is not an easy way out.

Luckily for me my Surgeon spoke to me and my DH about just that point.

He said," it's just like an Artificial Knee Replacement, or HIP, or a pacemaker put into a failing heart... Would you deny one of those patients?" Oh course not, Obesity is an illness just as is arthritis, coronary hardening etc...

Its just a stigma that WE"LL have to fight... I have already overcome the stigma of mental illness(Depression), this is just one more challenge.

I am feeling blessed that I found this solution

Thank you Lynette617 those are all great ideas. I especially like the tuna wrapped in lettuce I think I might try that for dinner tonight it sounds great! I have had the South Beach dinners. There are olny a couple I can have because most are only for phase 2 or 3 and that inculdes the pizza even though it is really good! My doctor said after surgery I could try phase 2 and 3 if I wanted. Thanks again!

Christy, OMG how did you get all 20 ozs in????????

I'm only allowed 4 ozs at a meal. Last night I had 5, maybe 5.5 ozs and I thought I was going to burst. I know it was too much as I was unfomfortable to move. WOW, I think I'd be gettig sick at the 6 oz mark. But if you've been doing this, you may be used to it.

Oh, the mushies I've been looking forward to, but can't have until I go back to Dr on Tuesday, are mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar splenda, eggplant parmesagne, refried Beans with melted shredded cheese, cream of wheat, oatmeal, grits. These are all at the top of list next week after that Dr. appointment.

I don't know, I did fill full, but not totally uncomfortable. It concerns me that I can drink that much. I called my Doctor office yesterday, because I have been so hungry, she told me that I woul be hungry until I got my first fill, that is 4 more weeks!!!! don't know what I am going to do until then.

Up until today I have only been having about 4-6oz per meal, but it has to be completely liquid. Maybe I will be more satisfied when I move to the next phase.

I only hope or I will start seeing the scale go back up!!! yikes!!!

I am looking forward to the refried Beans as well!!

Hey Lynette,

My doctor said no grits because they expand in your stomach. My neice had the gastric bypass about a year ago, and she just had grits. She said they made her sick. So go slow on the grits.

my doctor gave me the go ahead on soupy grits this week, I tried them one time, only ate about 1/4 cup and was miserable, I have had cream of wheat and I can eat it without any problems, so I think your right about the grits, I think they did swell once they got inside.

I am just looking forward to eating an egg, yummy. I think once I can eat more solid food, that I will be more satisfied, but these liquids are just not cutting the mustard if you know what I mean

Mango and nurse76, thanks for the heads up on the grits. I guess they don't totally cook, or maybe if you cooked them and let them sit a while they can soak up all the Water they can, and then proceed. I wonder if you let some sit overnight in water and then heat up if it would be ok?;)

Weird thing is I can eat pureed scrambled eggs and cottage cheese right now, and I don't feel hungry after these meals. It is filling, so once you can start your mushy phase I'm sure it will be more filling for you.:clap2:

Mango and nurse76, thanks for the heads up on the grits. I guess they don't totally cook, or maybe if you cooked them and let them sit a while they can soak up all the Water they can, and then proceed. I wonder if you let some sit overnight in water and then heat up if it would be ok?;)

Weird thing is I can eat pureed scrambled eggs and cottage cheese right now, and I don't feel hungry after these meals. It is filling, so once you can start your mushy phase I'm sure it will be more filling for you.:clap2:

Lynette,

How are you pureeing your eggs? I have never pureed anything before, I ordered me a magic bullet and I am waiting on its arrival, hopefully it will be here soon. But just wanted to know how you make your eggs, I can't wait to have some.....:whoo:

is there a better way to see new messages besides going back one page and then back to the current page. I don't automatically see when someone posts a message