Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm so glad all our new bandsters are doing well.:whoo: I'm 6 days post-op. My whines: I get my lump in the throat/pains a few times an hour but less frequent (I think this is gas), I have to take my tylenol on schedule since my largest incision is sore, and I'm itchy. But, I can function no problem and really don't feel that bad.

I wanted to ask about people's post-op food: I am on only Clear Liquids, but can have pre-made Protein Shakes. What brands of Protein shakes are people using? I have been really frustrated about finding a decent selection of any brand. Seems like its chocolate or vanilla. Are there other options??

MM

MM - I don't like Protein Shakes in anything but vanilla...I swear the strawberry smells like vomit to me. I like the EAS low carb "cans". I've been looking for a powder that I can add to Water, but haven't found much past Myoplex (which I like too). So far right now I'm on clear liquids too, but I think tomorrow I get to add color! It's not so bad, I'm actually not hungry at all.

Anyone hear from JenniferAZ? She should be here (Denver) by now and surgery tomorrow.

I'm going out for a walk...later!

. I'm 6 days post-o:whoo:p. My whines: I get my lump in the throat/pains a few times an hour but less frequent (I thiI'm so glad all our new bandsters are dowellnk this is gas), I have to take my tylenol on schedule since my largest incision is sore, and I'm itchy. But, I can function no problem and really don't feel that bad.ing

I wanted to ask about people's post-op food: I am on only clear liquids, but can have pre-made Protein Shakes. What brands of Protein shakes are people using? I have been really frustrated about finding a decent selection of any brand. Seems like its chocolate or vanilla. Are there other options??

Mommamiranda, I too have really only found chocolate and vanilla but I have been jazzing them up. For the chocolate I have been adding coffee ice cubes to make a Starbuck Frappucino rip-off. For the vanilla I bought sugar-free DaVinci Syrup and use that along with a little cinnamon for something different. You can buy those syrups at Wal-mart and they had them in vanilla, hazelnut and caramel. If you can't find those just use a few drops of vanilla extract, or almond extract along with some cinnamon and it really tastes pretty good. I always put ice cubes into the concoctions I make to make it more creamy and to give it more volume. Good luck!;)

I had my pre-op today. My surgery is a week from yesterday! 13 days! I have actually been doing my pre-op diet since Monday. It is so different to just eat protien and veggies. I thought it would be really hard, but it isn't too bad. My body feels different without carbs, though. I didn't like it the first couple of days, but today I am excited about it. Going grocery shopping and getting lots of foods i can eat helped. And I guess diets aren't so formidable when they have an ending date!

I also wanted to ask where I can look at the calendar that has been mentioned on here? I am missing that somehow.

Congrats to everyone recently banded and all the weight loss successes and NSVs! I can't wait to join the ranks!

MM - I don't like Protein Shakes in anything but vanilla...I swear the strawberry smells like vomit to me. I like the EAS low carb "cans". I've been looking for a powder that I can add to Water, but haven't found much past Myoplex (which I like too). So far right now I'm on clear liquids too, but I think tomorrow I get to add color! It's not so bad, I'm actually not hungry at all.

Anyone hear from JenniferAZ? She should be here (Denver) by now and surgery tomorrow.

I'm going out for a walk...later!

Marcy, I found EAS whey protien at SAM's Wholesale for $25 for a 6 lb bag. Lots cheeper than GNC. I don't know if you have access to one but I think you can order online.

Just dropping in (after reading 7 pages of posts!) to say hi.

I am having my surgery tomorrow in Denver. I arrived late last night (1am) and my father just landed in Phoenix and then will arrive here on the same flight tonight, around midnight.

I think I have been too busy to be all that nervous, although I didn't sleep well and have been a bit on edge.

I tend to be a stickler for details and I think I was on overdrive yesterday. I had lists for what I needed to bring and what I needed to do ahead of time and must have been looking over those every 10 minutes! My suitecase is so organize, my clothes are all stacked in the order I plan to wear them even!! I think my friends are as ready for me to get this done as I am!

Marcy - I am so glad things seem to be going well for you... I am going to PM you!

Good luck to everyone who is up today. And for those who's dates are coming up, don't worry, it will be here sooner than you know. The pre-op diet will all be worth it!

I am off to chance to my next hotel and try to find the cool new Croc's flip flops. I have been eyeing them for months and have not been able to find them anywhere (and I travel a lot). Just last night I realized they are from Boulder Co, so I am on a mission to find them today.

I hope everyone has a great day... I will check in tonight.

Jennifer

Jen, good luck finding your flip flops, and on your surgery tomorrow. Let us know how you're doing!!

onmyway, chimboree puts out the calendar. I believe she just updated on Monday, so check back a couple of pages. You'll have to hit on a link and it will open the calendar for you. You're on for the 24th!!

mommamirana, the slimfast optima shakes are good in the Cappuccino flavor. I buy Body Fortress powder at Walmart (chocolate and vanilla) and my unlavored is from Jay Robb (jayrobb.com.)

dmtjet, you're home. You feeling better now?? Hope your doing well.

Our big news is we're planning a Lucky 7 Bandaversary crusie next year for those who would love to meet your fellow supporters from the group. We thought about doing it in August, 08 so everyone that gets banded in July this year will have had their 1 year anniversary with their band. So we figured we'd get together on (or around) 08/08/08, on a cruise to the Carribean, or somewhere. If it sounds like you'd be interested, PM miss Dini and let her know. She making a list of people, and we have two others checking on pricing deals, etc. with the cruise lines.

I'm excited about it, to actually meet face to face with the people who have been the most supportive people in my journey!!!

I downloaded a new pic today of myself for the avatar. Let's see how it looks.

***posting***now

OK, I have a question for all of you.

Has anyone received a card from their surgeon that they can take with them when the go out to eat? This card states that you have had gastric surgery and your stomach capacity is less than 6 ozs and to please allow the patient to order off the childrens/senior menu?

I'm going ask my DR when I go next Tuesday, just wanted to see if anyone has received one.

Hey, I finally have a picture of my little man in my sinature.

Tomorrow I'll put up the one I just got of both my DH and Hunter!

I did get a card from my doctor yesterday when I left the hospital. It not only states that,but all the information you might want on a medical ID Bracelet too. I am going to have mine laminated and keep in my wallet.

lynette your little boy is the cutest little thing i've ever seen. i can picture him giving the booboo a little kiss.

i asked yesterday about cruises in Aug, cos of huricans what you think of that will it be a problem??

I just found out my surgery will be in July (granted my pre-op testing goes okay) SOOOOOOOOO

Here's a thread for everyone getting banded in July 07!

Does anyone have any good ideas for a neat name we could call ourselves?

Just got back from Baptist Hospital in Nashville TN, getting my pre-op done. Urine, Blood work, EKG, and a Xray. Im on day 6 of my pre op diet. So far so good. A week from tomorrow is my big day...Almost seems like Christmas!!!

[quote=Lynette617;513515]OK, I have a question for all of you.

Has anyone received a card from their surgeon that they can take with them when the go out to eat? This card states that you have had gastric surgery and your stomach capacity is less than 6 ozs and to please allow the patient to order off the childrens/senior menu?

I'm going ask my DR when I go next Tuesday, just wanted to see if anyone has received one.

about that, i do have a card but its not so i can eat of the kids menu how cool is that!!! its in case i'm brought to the Emergency Hospital.

OK, I have a question for all of you.

I haven't got one yet, but my nutritionist told me that some doctor's will issue them to allow you to order of children's and senior menus. I'm definitely asking my doc for one. But not all restaurants are obliged to accept them.