Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Dini, 50 posts per page, OMG. I think I only get 20 to 25. I though it depended on the size of them too. HMMM.

:help:Just curious what kind of Protein powder you are using to mix in with various liquids/foods? Also - what kind of Protein shakes? Are the SlimFast Optima (extra protein) o.k.?

Also...kind of a gross question :speechles, but one I've been wondering about - if you do vomit, do you just vomit the "stuff" from the pouch, or does "stuff" from the rest of your stomach get forced through the band as well? Forgot to ask my Dr. that one...yuck...

Muchas Gracias!

Dini, 50 posts per page, OMG. I think I only get 20 to 25. I though it depended on the size of them too. HMMM.

lynette its in the setting! i just set it to 50 less pages then!

as for italy i'm about 2h45min away and thats flying into rome. my family are from inbetween Rome nad Napoli. can't wait to go. i haven't been over since sept.

flight dont really bother me although i do get bored. i went to cuba in oct now that was 9 hours my bum was a little sore!!!!!

i take it you wont be coming to visit me :) then since the flight is too long!!!! my mom was born in Paris, been a few times when i was younger. i'm gonna go next year at some stage!!!

Dini, I'm so jealous, you've been to all these cool places, only most Americans can dream of going too. Too cool.

Remember our Carribean Cruise. I can go anywhere on a boat, forever. Love to sail, only I've never been on a cruise. My aunt had a huge boat, when I was about 14, 15 years old. That's the last time I can remember wearing a MONO BIKINI- remember those. It was a bikini where the top and bottom attached at the sides. The whole belly and back area were open, like a bikini. Oh brother, those were the days. Anyway, I went out with her often on her boat. So I can cruise to see you.

unruhlyhd, I use Jay Bobbs unflavored Protein powder. I found it at a healthy alternatives store near where I live. I know his products sell in Biggs, but I think it's local too. You can order on line at Jayrobb.com.

I paid $27.95 for 24 oz. I like it better than the unjury I tried in my taste test class.

As for shakes, I just use the powder, skim milk and ice. I do use the slim fast optima. Love the Cappuccino flavor, and I mix it with vanilla powder. It's creamy and smooth.

Also, try the vanilla with some cinnammon and a splenda pack, or what ever artificial sweetner you use. It's good.

Hi everyone. Sorry that I didn't post yesterday, it was a long day and we couldn't get the Wi-Fi to work at the hospital. I can't believe that I had 10+ pages to catch up on from yesterday and this morning.

I had surgery at 8 and I think I got back to the PACU around 9:30. I'm still waiting to talk to the surgeon to figure out what band he used and how much saline is already in it. The new bands that he's using are filled during surgery.

I finally got up to my room around 1:30, because of staffing issues with the nurses they were waiting for a bed to become available. One of the best things was that the rooms were all private!

We had been told that the Dr. would come up during rounds, but he never came so finally at 7 my husband asked the nurse if she could call the Dr to see if he was coming up because we wanted to get out of there. They can't make me stay if there wasn't a reason too. I had been up walking and was using the restroom so everything was working how it should have been I almost wish they would have just let me go from the recovery room.

Funny story for you though when I was getting up a 4:30 yesterday morning, I used the bathroom and everything was fine. I also used it at the hospital before they got me hooked up to the IV and Aunt Flo had decided to come and visit. I was so mad...I had been telling her all last week that she needed to come before Thursday or after Tuesday. But we all know that Flo has a mind of her own.

I remember being in a lot of pain yesterday when I came to after surgery, but they gave me some good pain meds. I'm still in some pain but I'm using Tylenol today to see if I can handle it. The hardest thing has been sipping the Water and other drinks because I just want to drink it all up. :)

Well, I'll write more later. Hope you have a great day!

Great job Nicole. So did your Dr. ever come in? Did you get to go home last night or did you spend the night there? Lots of "Aunts" have been visiting for our female banders. So sorry to hear your's didn't want to stay at home yesterday,LOL.

I've been drinking a lot faster this week. Not gulping, but a few swallows at a time at least. There's only so much time, and a lot of Water to get in.

So I was bad and got on the darn scale again this morning. NO LOSS, and then I realized my "Aunt" is coming to town any day now. I hate it because she always comes unannounced. Don't you just hate unannounced guests!!!!! SO RUDE!!!!!!

Aunt Flo sure clocks up the frequent flyer points! She's due for a visit here any day now, which is good I guess. It'll put me mid-cycle come surgery day. My ovaries ache today (thanks for that PCOS :) ). That's usually a sign for me that menstrual cyclone is about to hit.

Warning: If I suddenly start making threats of bodily harm and in the next breath offer peace offerings of chocolate covered pain killers, pay not attention to me. :)

Hi Everyone. I just got home from my hospital stay, was banded yesterday. So far, so good too. I have not been in any real pain and I am moving around really good. I did finally take some pain meds late last night because I just could not sleep and I was hoping it would put me down for a while. I have not had any gas pains yet either, but I know that could come later on too. I had a great stay in the hospital too, I had a beautiful private room with a view of the golf course out back. Nothing I had planned on, thats for sure, but it was a nice bonus.

Hope everyone who was banded yesterday is feeling good... each day it will get better.

Everyone on this site is a great support... thanks,

Karen

sail on over Lynette!

question to all !!

ArE we all going to meet up on a cruise next summer for our Bandaversery?

I've heard that the others from lasT year had a blast.

sail on over Lynette!

question to all !!

ArE we all going to meet up on a cruise next summer for our Bandaversery?

I've heard that the others from lasT year had a blast.

That would be so awesome! I would love to do that. It would be fun and a good incentive and reward for losing the weight. Do you think one tiny cruise ship could hand all of our hotness though? LOL!!! I've never been on a cruise, it's high time!

Only 1.5 more days of this liquid diet left for me. Yesterday I almost had a breakdown, I actually envisioned ripping my son's food off of his plate and scarfing it down! Today my strategy is to stay super busy cleaning and cleaning some more to keep my mind off of food. I'm so excited for surgery! How many people can actually say that?:whoo:

Dini, that's the sailing I'm taling about. Our Bandiversary Cruise. I'd love to it money permits. I thought I'd start saving, but man I just keep spending, and I'm sure once I get smaller it won't be stopping anytime soon,LOL.

james2539, welcome to Bandland. We're so glad to hear from you and you had a great room with a view. I don't think I was in my room long enough to look out the window!! Great job.

Frustrated, you sound kinda, well, frustrated. I'll see if I can find any of those pills next time I'm at the store, just for you.

Dieka32, I agree you're doing the best thing you can (cleaning)to keep your mind off the food, and coming here to visit us, too. I was so glad I had a clean house to come home to. It only lasted a week, because I'm cleaning again today, but it was a nice week off for me. No worries, just total rest and relaxation.

So you joining us on our Lucky 7 July 08 cruise. Wouldn't that be a great time. Oh the looks we will get!!! We'd be out of control!!

Hello fellow Bandsters ! Tomorrow I fly to Mississauga, Ontario to get banded on July 12 with Dr. Mumford. I'm scared and nervous and excited. The preperation for the journey has been intence. Today is my birthday and I'm mixing things up at work - people think its funny that I'm showing my age - they're calling it "sometimers" instead of elzheimers ha ha - anyway little do they know I'm very preoccupied as I run around getting last minute things done - It's not that easy leaving my business and two kids behind but I'm managing to keep it together enough until I get on the plane then there's no looking back until I return on Sunday as a bandster - I'm trembling as I write this - I can't beleive it's really happening ! I'm needed at work so Chow for Now ! - Corinna