Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi all!

My name is Gia and I was banded last week on July 3rd. I have had gas and some mild pain but I've given birth four times so it isn't anything I can't handel. I look forward to gettin to know you all as we do this togehter.

Banded 7/3/07

Dr. Spiegel in Houston TX

blk-weight.png

Hi Gia and welcome!!!

My name is Christy and I was banded 07/02/07, things have been going great for me, just battling some hunger but I know it will pass. I hope all is going well for you, this is a really great place to learn about others experiences and to gather very helpful information.

It's great to have another July bandster!!!

Hi, Please add me to your list. my weight today is 205 [still yo-yoing up and down] I was at 226 in March. I'm 5' 6" tall. started pre-op diet today. Being banded on July 23rd. Love this group. Great read!
I've got you added and will post the new spreadsheet sometime today or tomorrow.

Hey gang, I've put together a PowerPoint presentation just for myself, ...you know to kinda keep myself inspired. I thought some of you may benefit from it, too.

Unfortunately, we can't upload PowerPoint files. If you want a copy, just send me your email address and I'll send it your way. Just PM me (click my on my name and then select Send Private Message).

It just keeps me excited about this journey!

Cherea

Chimboree, It was the least I could do, I know it's a lot to keep up with. Thanks again for doing this for us. You are such a sweetie!!!

Can't believe you couldn't get into the Dr. Hope you get in tomorrow.

Yeah, it bites. My friend is one of the nurses there and she told me to just come in tomorrow, she'll do my culture and then get the doc to prescribe s'thing for me. Works for me. Anyway I can get in there. I looked at the calendar and I see it's only 16 days away!!! :)

Hi Chimboree,

I'm glad your feeling well enough to sit at the computer. Hope you get rid of that infection soon.

My surgery date is the 24 with Dr. Ortiz, fly in for Pre-op test on the 23. No telling what I put in previous post. Thank-you for doing the calender. It is sooooo cool to know I'm not alone in this!

I am self pay and my loan came in today!!!! Full speed ahead!

Have a great day everybody...I'll quit rambling and go back to readin!

Congrats! I know you're excited. The moolah is in hand. Makes it a little more real, huh??? I will update the calendar w/the 24th. Thank you so much!

hi all.

just on a break from work! its been so busy. i've been cursing everyone that buys food in here. i'd love just a little bite of something but i'm being good and wont have any. I;m not inpressed though i eat a full meal today and i still felt hungry. not to worry. hows every one? did we have a question of the day????

Hi Gia and D and all the Lucky 7's,

I was also banded on 7/3. I am feeling so much better today. Moving around even when I didn't feel like it or it hurt seems to have made the difference for me. I can't believe it has been a only a week! My port area feels really sore, but I am able to get in and out of bed easier. I even made my husband a beautiful lamb dinner (I was a little jealous I couldn't have any) and also sat down on the floor and played with our golden retrievers. I have not had any difficulty with foods or liquids, except that brick in my chest when I need to burp (walking helps this).

At this point, I am allowed to eat:

*everything on the clear liquid diet

*broth and Soup as long as there are no chunks

*yogurt and pudding

*Carnation Instant Breakfast

*Vanilla ice cream/sherbert

*Cream of wheat

Weeks 3 & 4 post-op, I get to add soft shredded cheese, canned or cooked fruit, cooked veggies without skins or seeds, mashed taters, moist rice, macaroni/noodles and eggs.

I am concerned that I will be gaining weight during this phase instead of losing. Would you be concerned as well? What is your eating plan? Do you have an excercise plan as well? Thanks for the advice!

Jessica

Banded 7/3 by Santiago Horgan @ UCSD Medical Center, San Diego

$16,500 self pay...I am worth every penny!

PreOp/Surgery/Current/Goal

250/232/229/140

JDKsbgirl, your diet is like mine, only no one said anything about sherber/ice cream, and it sounds soooooo good right now.

Might have to get that when I go out in just a little bit.

Hey Dini, working again!!

Hi Everyone.

I'm just joining today as a proud new member of the Lucky 7s Crew! My surgery date is for July 30th and I'm excited and scared. I started this process over 2 years ago and stopped because my family and friends talked me out of it. I lost 40 lbs in the interim and gained back most of it so now, I'm back and ready for action despite the fears I have re: surgery (invetable pain, possible death, possibly not being able to stick to the liquid diet, etc.). Now that I'm going forward with this I'm looking forward to positive lifestyle changes but I do realize that its going to be a lot of hard work. For now, I plan on watching what I eat and I have to look into getting the foods I need for the pre-op diet and items necessary for post-op.

Again, I just stopped by to let you know that I'm here!:whoo:

JDKbsgirl, I don't worry about the weight gain in that phase. Right now I'm only consuming around 650 calories a day. This is from 6- 4 oz meals. Even if we have these other foods, I can't see going up in calories enough to make a weight gain.

ssankofa73, welcome to the Lucky 7's. Were are one fab group, and have great support for everyone. We're excited to have you join us.

[

Phyllser, Quote

Tomorrow I see the surgeon for my pre-op appointment and I'm afraid he's going to be upset with me if I haven't lost enough weight yet. I was down 22 lb, but now I've gained a few back. :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

I am on my pre-op diet started yesterday 7/8 and I am STARVING... I only get oatmeal in the a.m. - bar - shake - Protein Drink - Soup - bar.

No actual food... I had a little salad last night & a 4 chicken nuggest -- and am thinking of haveing some salmon tonite. Heck I gotta lose weight even cheating as if you are going from a 3000 calorie a day diet down to 750 daily you are going to lose..

Hi all! New here as well - just got the call informing me that my surgery is scheduled for July 17th at 7:30 a.m.! Pretty exciting, although a little nervewracking. It is SO nice to be able to read the posts from those of us waiting to be banded and especially those of you kind enough to share your experiences since being banded. Thanks!

Dini, Babes, I know, but you need a day off once in while too, you know!! Just geting ready to head out to Walmart, at least I'll get my walking in for the day,LOL.

unruhlyhd, welcome to the best group out here. We have lots of upcoming banders ready to go, some are already banded, and others are in the hospital now. You'll learn a lot here, we're excited to have you join us.

Indiogirl, I know what you mean on the calorie thing. I've only had 527 calories, 58 g of Protein so far today, and i have 1 snack left for today, but I'm on the other side and feel full, so remember, your starving mode will not last long. Just think about how full you are going to feel after surgery. Are you putting any protein scoops in your shakes? ?? If not try it. It may keep you satisfied longer.

I'm off to the store. I'll check back in so later, gators!!!