Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thoes of you who were banded: Do you still get thoes deep gnawing hunger pains where you feel physically sick (like you did during your pre-op diets)?
I don't. I still get hungry, but when I sit down to eat, I sort of have to force myself. I haven't had any really bad cravings so far.

Here's the updated spreadsheet. I don't think I've got the new folks added, so if anyone wants to be added to it, just post to me or PM me. I'll need your height and starting weight, and then I'll need an updated weight for you every week or so.

Here's the updated spreadsheet. I don't think I've got the new folks added, so if anyone wants to be added to it, just post to me or PM me. I'll need your height and starting weight, and then I'll need an updated weight for you every week or so.

Hi Larend,

I would like to be added to your spreadsheet, I am 5'3" my starting weight was 310 and as of this morning I am 278.5.

Thanks!

I just got back from my pre-testing. EKG, Upper GI, blood (the vampires only needed to suck 3 vials from me) and a metabolism test at my surgeons office. Everything's looking good so far. *fingers crossed* The good news is I don't have to do a pre-diet. It's 5 weeks of liquids and mushies after that.

I'm so excited! It's actually happening! I've been battling with my weight for decades, and with the insurance company for the past 6 months. I know it's been a lot longer for many here, but for the very first time I can see the light of hope at the end of the tunnel!

marcyinak i'm trying to be positive i really am, i'm getting there. best of luck to you x

Well today was my weigh in day, I have lost 9 lb since surgery. I am now down a total of 31.5 lb total :clap2:, I cannot believe this, it is actually working. After so many years of struggling, it is like a breath of fresh air to see the scales starting to decline. I know that I have a long way to go yet but it feels good to get a good start on it.

I hope everyone is doing well, and to all that are having surgery today, You are in my prayers

That's great, Christy!! You're very encouraging to those of us waiting!

I am a nurse, too, retired though.

I'm excited for all of you having surgery today end those enroute, like Marcy! Good Luck and our prayers are with all of you!

lauened sound like your doing well! i'm starving! gwtting my 1st fil in 2 weeks thank god! i've also only lost about 4lbs not happy about that seing as everyone else is loosing so much more! :)

:help: I LIVE IN IDAHO I HAVE BEN ON A WAITING LIST SINCE MARCH WITH NO INFO. FROM THE POST FALLS BARIATRICS HOW LONG I WILL BE WAITING. DOES ANY ONE KNOW ARE THESE LONG WAITING LISTS JUST FOR MEDICARE PAY PEOPLE ITS JUST SO DISAPOINTING. I AM SOOOOOOO MISERABLE AND I NEED HELP SO BAD I ATTENDED A SIMMINAR IN MARCH GOT MY PAPER WORK IN AND NOTHING SO I CALL AND THEY SAY IM ON A LIST AND THEY REALLY CANT SAY FOR HOW LONG.:):whoo::think ANY ONE ELSE GOING THROUGH THIS?

Sandy,

Not to discourage you but one doc's office here in WA state told me they had a 3 yr wait for Medicare pts. So I just kept calling around until I found one that would take me right away. That was back in March or April and I'm having my surgery next week. I don't know where in Idaho you are, but I know there is a doctor in Spokane who takes Medicare. Even though its 5 hours from me, I had considered going there until I found this doctor locally. They were going to take me if I promised to continue with them for followup.

I've been worried for the past few days about my Port. I felt like i could feel it too much.

Today i txt'd the nurse! told her my problem and she said its not a problem at all! its actually quite good its means that when it comes to getting a fill its easier to get the point and also less chances of infection!

just wanted to share that with you all , just in case you can feel your post and your worried

YES! But giving into it is how I got to where I am. "Move away from the french fires!"

I have a Policeman Cookie Jar and when you open the lid it hollers at you..... "STOP!!! MOVE AWAY FROM THE COOKIE JAR!!" Too bad you can't buy a refrigerator like that!! HaHA!!

I've been worried for the past few days about my Port. I felt like i could feel it too much.

Today i txt'd the nurse! told her my problem and she said its not a problem at all! its actually quite good its means that when it comes to getting a fill its easier to get the point and also less chances of infection!

just wanted to share that with you all , just in case you can feel your post and your worried

Hi, Dini,

I didn't poop out on ya last night. I play Scrabble with my sisters & some friends and I went to the scrabble site to send a couple of turns back. When I came back you'd given up and went to bed. No one to "talk" to. So I went to the chat room and talked to "Big Wave Dave" and another gal. Dave is being banded soon so I told him to c'mon over here and meet Danny cuz he needs some male company on our July thread!

anuti Phly how you doing? I love playing scrabble! thats something adam and i really enjoy!!! (the little things eh!!)

i've talked to big dave wave a few times nice chap. yeah it does seam to be an all girls thing going on here apart from the very few lads

Hey guys just a quick post to say that I was hoping to be a lucky seven also, but I am still waiting on insurance approval and then 10 days of pre-op diet, so It looks like I will not get my band until Aug sometime. I was sure hoping to be a lucky seven. O well I like this post, so I will try and cont. to keep everyone updated on my progress.

Thanks for listening..

Nulife2be

anuti Phly how you doing? I love playing scrabble! thats something adam and i really enjoy!!! (the little things eh!!)

i've talked to big dave wave a few times nice chap. yeah it does seam to be an all girls thing going on here apart from the very few lads

Dini,

I'm all butterflies today... nervous about going for my pre-op appointments with anesthesia and surgeon!! I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous about it, but I better go get ready. Its a long drive! Talk at y'all later! ( Y'all is leftover from my Okie days!)