Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Night, night, to all you BABES!!!! I love that one! Nice touch, Dini! Sweet dreams all! I think I am going to scat too! I need to do something! Or maybe not, lol!

Jennyl my date is July 26th also. We will be band sisters :)

Same here... 5 days left before I start my pre-op diet.

:clap2:Hey, you all ... leave us some GOOD reading for tomorrow! I know there will be lots to catch up on!!!! Night!:notagree

Dini, Didn't get to tell you, but I would be the last one to say don't hang in there with Adam ... I will be married 25 years in January to a wonderful man!!! Heck, I've known him for 29 years and I still really LIKE him! He is definitely my soul mate, there is nothing he wouldn't do for me and me for him! He is my best friend and supporter.

I have trouble seeing relationships any other way. I have two children, one nearly 21 (YIKES) and one 23 and planning a wedding for next June. I love my life!!!! At least, the ones that live in my home!!! LOL ... but seriously, I just feel that everyone deserves to be treated right and with respect!!! ... that is important for you and your daughter!!!! By the way, I love her name! Not sure quite how to pronounce it, but it is so pretty! Hang in there, Honey! You are young and you do have your whole life before you. Okay, I'm done ... it's the Mom in me ... Gee, you could be one of my daughters!!!!!!!!!

Night, Kid!:)

My uncle once commented to my DH "Gee BIll, I see that you've lost weight!" Ya, my DH says..."I've been doing South Beach"...

MY DEAR Uncle then TURNS to me and says " So peaches, you ever think about joining HIM on this DIet???""

I thought I would just KILL him, right there in the middle of a reception area surrounded by 30 or so people...

Yes, I have gotten the "pretty face" back-handed compliment too... usually from my MOM.

They just don't get it... But I agree with the CHIMBOREE, it never hurts to spruce yourself up a bit.. "I" enjoy looking my best.. just because you are overweight YOU can still be HOT.

I even went Skinny dipping 2 wks ago!!! Do you believe it? I just figured 'ha, don't see anybody around in this lake" it felt so freeing, just like when I was a Kid. :)

Ok, I've finally caught up. Next time I take a day off reading, I'll just skip to the end and ask Lynette :ranger: to fill me in on the topic of the day. :)

Dini - Have you hit that man up side the head yet to get him in the right frame of mind? I think you're smart to take care of your emotional health right now, and to build your future. If he can't be there for you now when you need him so much, what does it say for the next time.

Lynette - Oh you are doing so well. I'm kind of looking to your progress for my own guide (hopefully). My surgery is on a Thursday and I'll be back to work on the Monday, so have to hope I'll recover as quick. But like you... I'm going to milk it for all its worth at home... certainly did with the knee, so why not for this. :clap2::clap2:

dmtjet - I love reading your posts. The pencil thing had me in stiches.

Good luck to everyone who's on deck this week. I've started gutting my kitchen today, as we are renovating :clap2::clap2::clap2:. So for the next two weeks I'll be in renovation hell :faint: but I can't wait until its done. Wanted to do this before the surgery, so my surroundings would be Zen like.

I'll log on again tomorrow night. sleep well.

:update:

Here's the latest calendar. Please let me know if I need to make any changes!

You guys are the best!!!:bounce:

NOt sure if its been updated again since ive joined. But I didnt see my surgery date on the calander. I am assuming that's what this is LOL

Im on the 16th

Thanks

Mindy

So I just ordered my Id Bracelet from AmericanMedicalId.com. I picked the 10k gold. I didn't think the $200 was a bad price for the gold when the other sites are charging upwards of $50 to $75 for the beaded ones.

I love the beaded ones, but I really wanted something I didn't have to take off when I shower, or swim, etc. All my jewelry is gold, so I'm not in the habit of taking anything off when I get into Water. I'm afraid I'd forget one day and ruin the beaded one. So 10k it is. I'll get it Tuesday. I'm excited.:clap2: I'd try to post a pic of it, but I'm not sure how to do it.

That was the one thing I Didnt like about the one I got from Laurens Hope was having to take it off. I think in September Im going to get the one I wanted from James Avery which was around $150 , We have lots of bills right now having to be self pay w/ surgery . So I'll get that for my bday .

Plus its more " medical Id" Looking . which I like. But I didnt get the beaded kind I got a plain Black Band from Laurens Hope.

Let us know what yours looks like.

Sorry Im trying to catch up and not doing a good job at it LOL

Mindy

I have a list of dream clothes LOL

Im w/ the Victorias Secret . I HATE Bras and I hate underwires.

Victorias Secret Has a " No Wire" under Wire Bra that Looks SO comfy , from what I hear it is . But guess what , doesnt come in my size.

So I want one of those .

A pair of cute jeans , and those cute tank tops everyone wears now .

OH and those cute tank top loose fitting dresses the "younger" 20ish girls wear now . LOL

Those are my tops on the list . I have a 15 yr old sister and I go to Old Navy w/ her all the time I would LOVE to go in there w/ her and not feel like everyone is looking at me like " What are you doing in here fat a$$ "

Mindy

Yes, I can cross one leg onto the other already. Bring up my foot and paint. No pain.

Hell I cant do that now and I havent had surgery yet !!!

ROFLMAO

I cant paint my toes w/ out cutting off circulation to my head .!!!!!!!!!!

I carry my weight in my stomach too thanks to good ole PCOS .

People mistake me for being pregnant even before surgery .

In fact that was the last straw for me. I saw an old friend of mine( male of course) he touched my stomach and said " How far along are you " I told him " Im not pregnant " He said " OH sorry the only time ive seen you THAT Big was when you were pregnant" OHHH GAWD I was horrified . That was the last straw for me , that's when I started looking into surgery .

Im going tomorow for a pedi before surgery !LOL

mindy

8 1/2 More Days until Surgery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I cant belielve its that soon . It seems like forever though at the same time. I hope this week goes by fast. I think it will I have lots of stuff to do .

My sons 15th Birth day is the day before my surgery so i have stuff to do for his bday . Friends want to take me to "lunch" i guess they think i cant eat ever again after surgery lol .

OOHHHHH Its happening soon .

Im trying to catch up , geez ya'll are quick typers ! LOL

Love

mindy

I tried a Soup listed in the Eating after Weight Loss Surgery cookbook. It was Cold Shrimp Soup. I have never been a fan of cold soup but the recipe was super simple and I thought I would give it a try. Actually, it wasn't half bad. If I were someone who liked cold Soups, I think I really would have enjoyed it. There is something about eating shrimp that have been liquified though...

Has anyone found some good "bandster hell" recipes to share?

This should be long...but I've already written it and it was deleted before it was posted...DANG IT!

Dini - I'm married to an Andrew and I don't think there's a bad one in the lot. (I'm sometimes wrong, but don't tell him I said that!) I think maybe you've been focusing on the negative instead of the positive. Try to think of the GOOD things he's done. Now, if there aren't any good things, maybe you SHOULD look into being single, but remember...us "fat folks" have been programed to focus on the negative...you're not going to be fat anymore so you should go ahead and start focusing on the postive!

Lynette - You're crackin' me up! Although I'm keeping in the laughter (too many people around to laugh AT me). I was thinking about when you said "I think I strained my port" and I couldn't help thinking how HILLARIOUS that would be if said in any other conversation!

Bobbertsmom - make sure you walk, walk, walk! That includes just getting up and switching chairs! You can still do that in your house! Also, just walk around the house...discover where you left some dirt (to clean up later). I KNOW this will help! It's the only way I recovered from my c-sections so quickly.

NOTE: I found some chewable Centrum Vitamins today...I'll try them and let you all know.

I've been doing awesome on my pre-op diet! My sister's scale is GREAT! (it showed I lost 4 lbs. overnight...of course it's off though, but it's a nice thought) I'm still hating meat and cheese, but I'm enjoying the chicken salads I'm having. I'm just looking forward to some other flavors and FRUIT...I really want some friut and milk. I'm worried when I hear people say that they just can't do the diet, that they dream of things like Cookies and cake...please be aware that this tool won't keep you from eating those things so if that's really what you want, maybe you should see a therapist to find out why you want THOSE things instead of healthy things.

ALSO-AN IDEA: There just seems to be a lot of negativity lately...with relationships (and that includes me), pre-op diets, etc. So let's all take a minute to write three things we're truly thankful for (the band and this group don't count, that's a given). I'll start: 1. I'm thankful for a husband and family that share my faith and values. 2. I'm thankful to have sisters that I hated growing up, but cherish now that we're all adults. 3. I'm thankful to always have what I need when I need it. (ie. friends, family, money, STUFF, etc.)

RETAIL THERAPY!!! I LOVE THAT!!

I do have my Gas-X, just forgot to mention it. But from the things you all are saying, I better get some more. Both my PCP & THE DIETICIAN HARPED ON ME ABOUT Calcium. I don't know if I can swallow the big tabs we have, but I like the Smooth Dissolve Tums---- 750 mg Calcium in each.

We spent the afternoon babysitting our three youngest grandkids -- 1 1/2, 4 & 5 1/2. The middle one, grandson Charly, always says "fat" things to me... "Grandma, why are you so fat?" "Grandma, why are your legs so big?" Today's comment made me chuckle... "Grandma, I'm not puffy like you are!" PUFFY!! its a lot better than FAT and BIG!!!

:think

976895130503_0_ALB.jpg

Johannah, Charly, Thomas & Grandpa Earl

Hi All,

My turn has arrived. I leave later morning tomorrow and I get banded Monday. I'd describe my emotions as calm. I'm not excited, I'm not worried. I'm ready.

I am ready to go and even more ready to return. I'm going to Mexico and I feel very confident that my decision is a good one. I still want it over-with though. My BMI does not qualify me for lap-band in the states. It was 32.8 prior to the pre-op diet and now it is 30.7. I have been quite a yo-yo'er for the last 20 years....30-70 lb flucuations of weight.

I will report on how it all goes/went when I return. I understand that we have use of computers at the hospital...I just don't know if I'll use them. I went to the library yesterday and got a good book and 2 magazines. I look forward to a tv that I get to control the remote for! I picked up a soft drawstring cotton outfit today. I'm packed. The house is clean, lawns mowed and bills paid, ect.. I didn't get to the car, oh well- car wash for it.

I'm planning a nice swim at the hotel tomorrow night and a small meal of authentic mexican food...the patient coordinator told me of a great mexican restaurant nearby. I've been on 2 shakes, 1 lean cuisine for the past 12 days. She told me I could eat the day before, but I don't want to get gassy, so food will be very light and low fat for sure. I hope to do some market shopping for my kids the day after surgery and maybe a trip to the history museum. Others have described this trip to be more like an oasis than a hospital. I have high expectations. If the gas pain remains tolerable, I look a bit forward to the R&R.

Good night and peaceful banding to all of my fellow Lucky 7 banders, extra special well wishes to the 7/9 banders...there's a lot of us. Positive vibes and weight loss wishes to everyone!