Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

jess SA, do you have a pre op diet to follow? If not, let go and have fun. You only have 3 days left. Just limit it as you can. Good luck

Welcome rrkeithsgirl. We have a great group going here. There are 4 others getting banded on that day. I'm sure they'll check in with you when they see your date. :)

Hi Lynette,

I stole the idea from you so thank you. I also stole the the name one as well. I am so excited and can not wait. How has the first few days been for you?

I will just have to make sure that I EAT :hungry: everything in the house between tonite and sunday a.m. :omg: let's see i have brownie mix and one cinnimon roll. i am going to make tamale pie..

LOL - that combination ought to burn you out on food for a while. Nights are my worst time too. Hang in there!

rrkeithsgirl: I'll be with you on the 16th! Where are you having your surgery done? How are you feeling about it right now? We really are lucky--there are some great ppl in this thread!

OnMyWay I live in Frisco.

PattiC You had a minor setback and broke down for one meal. ONE. That is absolutely not a failure. Just jump back on the bandwagon and start anew again.

We all have to remember that we're not perfect and there will be times when we do slip and will "cheat". If we see one indiscretion as a failure, we're not going to win the war. It's just one battle we've lost. We all lost more battles than we won to get to the point we're at now. Now we're bringing in the strong artillery to get us back on the road to victory. So keep that chin up Patti. We're all going to stumble occasionally and nobody will beat us up about it any more than we will ourselves. We're all future losers. Losers of weight! :clap2:

[I lost my head and I stopped and got fish at a drive thru for supper. I ate every last bite of it and washed it down with tears, because I knew what I was doing was wrong. I have been on my 4 week pre-op for 3 weeks and my surgery is next week (July 12). Today I feel guiltier than last night.]

4-week pre-op? .. if this is the 1st time you've regressed, you're awesome. My surgeon only requires a 7 day liquid diet. 4 weeks is a looooong time. Besides, your body ought to have that fish digested before the 12th. Just hang on GF & keep your eyes on the prize. It's only 5 days away!! :whoo:

[rkeithsgirl: . . .We really are lucky--there are some great ppl in this thread!]

I concur! Lots of knowledgeable, compassionate, fun-loving people in here. You all just don't know how much support, encouragement and information I've received from you. Thank you for sharing your time here.

rrkeithsgirl, your welcome for the ideas. My first 5 days of being banded have been great. Only problem has been the gas for me. It takes it good old time getting out of me. I'm on my THIRD :omg:box of gas x strips. OMG:eek:, I thought it would be gone by now. It's not really that painful, but more irritating than anything.

mamalawyer, I've seen your name at the botton of my page under current users for a while. You poor thing, you must be reading all 88 pages, and we just keep right on posting. Come on in and join us. The more, the merrier around here.

texgal61, all you'll have after surgery is time!!! This is my new addiction now, as you can tell by my 250+ posts I've made. I love hearing peoples stories, and that they've got a date to chane their life. It's an exciting place, and I just can't stay away, even for a day (if I do there will be 5 pages to read up on, you know):)

Hi Everyone, I just found out Friday that I am being banded on July 19th. I am crazy happy! I have a 2 week pre op diet to do. Today is day 2 of that. Its going okay, not quite as hungry as I imagined it would be. Im drinking 2 Slim Fast Protein Shakes a day. And a high protein/low carb dinner. Consuming the 64 oz of Water is tough, I have been subsituting it for Tea with Splenda, and Crystal Lite. I hear the pre op diet is pretty important, so I want to get this right. Ive dieted a big majority of my life, so 2 weeks shouldnt kill me. Im glad to be here, and thrilled to FINALLY have a surgery date.

hey everyone how you guys doing?

in work at the moment. i've lost no more wieght since the 3lbs kinda sad. i'll check again tomorrow morning. since i've been back to work on thursday i'm hoping to have lost more with the fact that i'm always running around and i'm on my feet all night.

SO HOW IS EVERYONE?????????

did we have a question of the day?