Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

:)Hey all, just wanted to share a little shocker I got to experience today. I weighed myself as it is day 2 of the pre-op diet phase and wanted to see where I was at. The last time I weighed it was when I signed up for the surgery and I was at *gasp* 340 pounds. Now today after four weeks of living the 'last supper syndrome', I got on the scale and am now over the weight limit of the scale-350 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, when I do it up I don't go halfway. Thank God I'm on track for this surgery. I have been feeling hopeless for so long about what to do about this weight and now I feel there IS hope. I'm not loving the Protein shakes ( I get to have 3-4 a day, big whoop) but I'm counting down the days, hours, minutes, until surgery.

Icybreeze: I live in Gilroy, Garlic Capital of the World!!!

An idea for a general question: "what is your dream piece of clothing to wear when you have lost the weight?"

:)

Welcome Kristen07.. what has kept me sane during this time, I keep full by drinking to stay full, everytime I feel the urge to stuff my face I grab a bottle of Water, crystal light, ice tea, slim fast optima or something. The first couple days are hard, but it gets easier everyday. My family had fried chicken today and I had a yogurt and it didn't even bother me.:)

Indigo Girl

I found that not only sugar free popsicles helped me with my pre op diet but so did the sugar free fudgsicles & creamsicles. I ate at least 5 of each every day until my surgery. My dietician also allowed me to have all the lettuce I wanted with my chk breast and a few sprays of the sprayable dressings.< /p>

Good luck!!

D.

Thanks Wagnerd...

I will do the fudge pops and the 5 a day sound like me, from about 6 pm to 2 a.m. ::)

This whole pre-op is going to be hard, but maybe not.. I just gotta wrap my head around it.

I will just have to make sure that I EAT :hungry: everything in the house between tonite and sunday a.m. :omg: let's see i have brownie mix and one cinnimon roll. i am going to make tamale pie.. (I love it and can eat 2 large bowls in one sitting) I am going to have to sit down read my manual and make a list...

Hey everyone!!! I just got my surgery date this afternoon, its July 19th!!!! I am totaly freaking out I thought I had a month or two. Now I am really scared, only 13 days! Does anyone have any suggestions for the next 13 days to prep myself and my body for surgery? Thanks guys! I am so glad to be a lucky 7 in 07!!! 07 has ALWAYS been my number, hence the 07 after my name. haha Thank you all for the info!!!!

Kristin07

I too thought i wouldn't get a date until middle of August - I had tons and tons of doctor appts (still have 3 next week) when i got the call on 6/20 that they had a date 7/17..

Isn't your doctor giving you the pre-op info - some doctors require diets some don't - i have been on this site since May and there is no rime or reason that none of the doctors have you do the same thing - the all are different.. Just do what your doctors says and visit here often and ask questions..

Good Lucky and Welcome the the Lucky #07

Ok guys, I have 4 days. I have waited so long for this and now it's finally almost here. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still...whoo-hooo:whoo::whoo:

Ok guys, I have 4 days. I have waited so long for this and now it's finally almost here. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still...whoo-hooo:whoo::whoo:

Felicia

Congrats !!!! I have eleven days.. Wish it was 4 - then the dreaded colonoscopy would be over:omg:

Felicia

Congrats !!!! I have eleven days.. Wish it was 4 - then the dreaded colonoscopy would be over:omg:

Colonoscopy:eek:.... Out of the millions of test's I had done, that's one I didn't have.

Colonoscopy:eek:.... Out of the millions of test's I had done, that's one I didn't have.

Yea but i am alot older than you :) and it's something all 50 yr olds are suppose to do.

My doc made me do shrink, 2 lung appts, 3 cardio apptst (didn't pass stress had to do nuclear) sleep apnea - (I HATE the mask i now have to sleep with but i do feel better in the mornings) had FOURTEEN TUBE of blood taken today - mamo 7/12 - pap 7/10 - colo 7/13.and 7/16 another preop at the hospital.. I have NEVER been to so many doctors in my life. The worst thing i had was a baby @ 16 (heck i was asleep during the delivery) and my gallbladder out right before i turned 30. I'm not a doctor person and thank God don't get sick often.

One good thing is that my insurance approved me right away... Not like all the rest that you read about on this board.

Well it's almost 11 here in cali - so it's almost 2 in the windy city... I have been on this computer since i got home tonite - I haven't eaten so think i am going to go find something to eat (while i still can :))

If i don't get back on before you have surgery GOOD LUCK - MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND HERES A HUG:girl_hug:

Janet

Hello! I have been reading this site for the last couple of days... and now I am hooked!

I am scheduled for my surgery on July 25th. Started the process in Reno just after Easter and here we are! My insurance is being MUCH kinder than many of yours. I have an outpatient co-pay of $200 and so far nothing to the surgeon. Hmm...!

Thank you all for being so candid and honest in your postings! I am really excited about this BIG change coming in my life. As I say all the time... IT IS ALL ABOUT ME!!!

Lori

Hello Everyone,

My screen name comes from the SNL skit Mango. Several years back, me and my friend would write notes. She made me make up a nickname for each of us and Mango stuck. 24 is my birthdate and now it is also my surgery date so it's like a second birthday.

Bobbert's Mom- Hope you feel better soon, and Bobbert is Gorgeous!

dieka32- My dream piece of clothing is to be able to wear a swimsuit without a 2XXL t-shirt on top of it. If I could just wear it with some shorts I would be grateful.

:help: anyone remember where the directions are for getting the ticker on my posts? I know I read it somewhere. I know how to go to the site, but I don't know how to get it on my post.

An idea for a general question: "what is your dream piece of clothing to wear when you have lost the weight?"

Jeans! I know, I'm 63 years old.... get over it... I want to wear a pair of jeans!! My stretch knit, elastic waist pants are comfy, but I'd like to be able to wear a pair of jeans if I feel like it!!

Good Question!!

IndoGirl.... I'm so sorry but I'm chuckling over your 14 tubes of blood, colonoscopy, etc!! I got away with two tubes & no tests to speak of other than an ekg in my pcp's office! Not even a psych consult! How did I luck out???

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

I am being banded on July 24! I am 28 years old with 2 daughters, age 2 and 3. I am doing this for myself first and foremost and then for my husband and daughters! I can't wait to be able to do things like take my daughters to Six Flags without worrying that I can't fit on the rides. I am at 310 and I begin my pre op diet this Monday, July 9. I am rather nervous about the diet, anxious at the same time.

As for the question posted....I can't wait to be able to wear sleeveless shirts again! Being in Texas, I am sick of wearing hot clothes because I am ashamed of my body.

I am happy to be joining the Lucky 07s! Counting down the days to my new life!!!

Christina

:)

That's bad news on the weight gain dieka, but the good news is you don't have long to go now until you're banded. :)

My dream piece of clothing? There are so many! lol I think I'd like to get a little black dress and look good in it. Have it drop nicely over my body and not be distorted by any lumps and bumps that shouldn't be there, lol.

I also want to be able to wear jeans or a nice skirt and not have the muffin effect happen. You know, where the roll of fat escapes over the waist band and just hangs there.

Welcome to the club Felicia and OnMyWay. :biggrin1:

Where in Texas are you OMW? I live in North Dallas and you're right about the heat here, although so far this year we haven't had much of a summer. It's more like monsoon season lol.

Mango24: There may be a quicker way to get your ticker in your signature, but this is how I went about it:

- Click on the Private Messages link in the top right corner of the screen where it says "Welcome, Mango24.

- In the "Control Panel" on the left, click on "Edit Signature".

- In the "Edit Signature" section, copy and paste the url they gave you on the ticker site.

-Click on "Preview Signature" to see if it's working.

-Click on "Save Signature" and you're done. :)