Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Bobbets Mom, keep resting, and drinking. You'll be feeling bettin soon, I promise!!

Hope everyone has a great evening. I think I'm headed to bed to do some reading. I forgot I started a book last week before surgery, and I figured I'd read some in the hospital, but wasn't there long enough.

So this will be a great time catch up on it.

FYI, my step daughter didn't say much about her new friend:embarassed: "Aunt Flo". In fact, I had to ask her if she had some good news, so we talked about it for a minute, told her we'd go to the store tomorrow and get whatever she needs so we'd have some at the house for her. We came home and she ran out to play, and now she's spending the night at a friends:phanvan- her father's idea- I don't think he realized the importance of her maybe being at home at this time, but she went. All is well. Thanks to everyone for their :help: on that earlier.

Good night to all!!!:notagree

I just had a big LONG message ready to send, writing as I read the post and LOST IT!!!!! Crap!!!!

Lynette, I think it is soooo sweet that you put so much thought into making her day a special one!!!! Heaven knows, no one will ever do that again!!!! LOL

Bobberts Mom, sorry you are in pain - hang in there and Dini too! Gee, not fun to hurt!! I don't believe that was in our contracts, lol!

It seems that the more I walk around, the better I feel. My banding was on the 3rd and I took a chance and ate some campbells clam chowder Soup, it was wonderful, and quite satisfying. Has anyone else eaten so soon after their banding ? If so, what kind of results did you have?

Thanks D

chimboree, I don't think you met the right guy yet! You are a lovely lady and deserve a special man! He is just around the corner!!!!! By the way, I love your name, makes me smile ... chim, chimminy, chim, chimminy, oh what you do to me, it's so new to me .... can't help it that song goes through my mind everytime I read your name, lol! Love it!!!

Bobberts Mom, so sorry you are hurting!!!! Keep us posted! It will get better!

It seems that the more I walk around, the better I feel. My banding was on the 3rd and I took a chance and ate some campbells clam chowder Soup, it was wonderful, and quite satisfying. Has anyone else eaten so soon after their banding ? If so, what kind of results did you have?

Thanks D

I've been on soft foods since leaving the hospital, and I was banded the same day you were. I'm doing fine, so far. Tonight I got a couple of ounces of ground beets and ground squash and a little bit of soft mac and cheese.< /p>

Hi, Everyone,

Two weeks from today is my surgery and I'm feeling a little jittery..... nervous, excited, etc.! My PCP is so sweet. She just called me on the phone to talk about a Rx I need and told me "our prayers will be with you" and told me to come in after the surgery. I've never had that kind of personal attention from a doc!!

I had my pre-op dietician consult this week. She went over the post-op diet with me and told me I needed to up my pre-op diet from the 500 I'd been averaging for the past month to 1000 cal and Protein with every meal. So my weight loss is stalled since I did that.

This week I also had all my pre-op blood work done ..... only TWO tubes! Monday I have my pre-op appts with both anesthesia and my surgeon.

I've got two tank tops with built in shelf bra, liquid Tylenol and adult liquid vitamins. I've ordered an ID Bracelet from MY BANDS. I have my shopping list from the dietician. AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING???

:help::whoo::omg: :clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: :faint::):confused::)

Hi Phyllser & Gang

I just had FOURTEEN TUBES OF BLOOD taken today:eek:.. and still have to go back on7/16 to do pre-op... I had my pre-op visit w/the doctor today- went over pre-op diet - I don't hve to start until 7/8 - It's all liquid except for some protien bars for snack - I am lying - i get some oatmel for Breakfast - but Soup for dinner - no veggies etc.. Plus I have the colonscope on 7/13 so just Clear Liquids on 7/12 and again on 7/16 for 7/17 surgery - was told today that my time is 6:15 a.m.- not clear on if that's when i have to be at the hospital or if thats surgery. The pre-op visit was with doctor - Phyical Trainer - diet girl who was russian and went so fast that I just had too much info to think about - I have a binder full of info which i am going to read over the weekend - get my calendar and put all the info in it.. Then call the dr office with my questions. Also got all my scripts for antiboctics, pain med (liq vicoden) and something else but can't remember what.

Screen Name - Indio (City I live in Near Palm Springs CA) I'm a GIRL - 55 is the year i was born. After reading someones post a few pages ago i should have use JJHollywood.. Jucie Janet (old boyfriends name for me) and Hollywood was what another friend guy friend called me - cuz i am a glam girl.. :kiss2:

Does anyone know how long does it take to shrink the liver - I am going to have to google this.. Cuz originally they told me 2 weeks pre-op diet and its working out to be 9 days.. My son's B-day is th 15 and wanted to go out to dinner - but guess we will have to do it tomorrow a week early...

Closet - Camp shirts on one side - dresses & skrits in the middle - other side winter close (118 degrees today) & stuff that doesn't fit but will get back into :phanvan. Won't buy clothes for awhile cuz I have some 14/16 stuff that's too tight that i will be able to soon...

I am glad I am single - don't want the drama that men can create (unless you are one of those lucky ones and then i envy you).

Sunshine - I think it was you who said that you have a friend who pretends to be behind you - but isn't really... I to have a VERY good gf who is the same. She is the one who is telling everyone what i am doing (i have told a few - but i'm not the kind of person to put all my business out there) BWTF who cares, she is just JEALOUS and worried that i will be thinner than her - she is a keep of with the jones kind of person.

Well sorry this is so long but heck you aren't here every hour on the hour you get lost :eek:

Hello everyone, just a quick update,

I'm soore and stiff all under the ribs, cant tell the diference between gas pains hunger or fullness.....crazy I tell you.

Its 110 outside so walknig outsides not gonna happen! Just sipping liquids and hoping for the pain to settle down.....OOOH its time for more Tylenol!!!! hope all you other new bandies R doing better :) more later hopfully Ill feel like that smilie looks.:omg:

Bobberts Mom - Sorrry to hear you are in pain... Were are you that's it's 110 - It's 118 here in the Desert (indio CA). I read somewhere that someone just kept walking around their house of just in place.

Here's a hug for you :) - Didn't the doc give you liquid vicoden??

Thanks D

How much did you eat??

2oz - half a cup - 1 whole cup.. or whole can :)

I know that i am really going to have to work on the head hunger.

I have gained 6 lbs since 5/31 -well did wear a silk dress that day and today had on jean capri's (love the excuses :heh:) it's cuz i have had last meal mentalllity and quit smoking (well almost - will have 2 every night)

How about question for tommorrow - being "HOW TO DEAL WITH HEAD HUNGER"

Just banded - less painful than my childbirth experience

So my band date is July 6th - I haven't done my ticker yet, but its 70 lbs or so.

I know everyone is different but its useful to have a few exampels!

I was banded at 7am this morning, and now 15 hours later and still in the hospital I can say the experience is less of a wipe-out than vaginal childbirth (with epidural and a tear) of a 10 lb baby. There is pain and I have not been shy about asking for the medication. However, I could walk for about an hour - normal pace and slightly hunched over - which I never would have done so soon after having a baby. Walking definitely helps with the dull, aching pains I have in my back and neck. I can't sit up easily, or even sit down easily because of the wounds in the belly - need help with that. I've had some mild nausea and I am not hungry. I do feel kind of weak and if it weren't night would have a coffee to deal with my caffeine needs.

I am actually happy I could walk for so long, and like everyone reports, when I am walking I don't have dull achey pain. If the next two days stay at this level of pain and discomfort I'll be pleased.

Also - during surgery he repaired a hernia - anyone else had this happen? I am particularly sort right on my middle incision and it hurts to breathe. Maybe its from this.

THANKS! Now I'll try to sleep (didn't sleep a wink last night)

MM

How about question for tommorrow - being "HOW TO DEAL WITH HEAD HUNGER"
Well, if you're anything like me, I haven't had to deal with head hunger too much. I'm hungry up until I try to eat something, and then I have to force myself to eat enough. It really is an oddly wonderful feeling. The only other time I've felt this way was during the first month or so that I was taking Phentermine. I'm sure that once the swelling goes down more, and I'm further post-op, the head hunger will show up, but so far I haven't had much trouble. I sometimes look at something that I previously would have scarfed down in three seconds flat, and it just doesn't look good anymore. Honestly, I'm hoping that feeling will settle down.

hello this is my first time posting...i will be banded 7/20, in vancouver washington, with dr Emma Patterson. i am 30, 5'4, and 235 pounds. i cant wait to get started, only 14 more days