Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello everyone

I was banded on July 3rd and I was hoping to feel a lot better than I do. I hurt just to get out of bed and walk. I wasn't hungry yesterday or the day before but I'm starting to get hungry today. Good luck to all you upcoming july bandsters!

Let me know how it goes.

Delia

Hello everyone

I was banded on July 3rd and I was hoping to feel a lot better than I do. I hurt just to get out of bed and walk. I wasn't hungry yesterday or the day before but I'm starting to get hungry today. Good luck to all you upcoming july bandsters!

Let me know how it goes.

Delia

i hear you Wagnerd. Since my opp i've not been great. very sore. i suffered lots of different little things. I even collasped in the hospital. at the moment the area of my port is very tender.

hope your feeling better real soon

hello everyone...

i'd love to be single right now ...

Hey ya'll! How's it going?

Hey Dini Bini! I'm doing okay. Sitting here at work right now, bored outta my mind and dreaming about going home. Anyhow, I am single right now and I hate it!!! I've been single for a few years now and it's starting to really get to me.

But, w/my band, this will be the beginning of a great journey for me...who knows, maybe I'll meet Mr. Right along the way. We'll see.

Chimboree my little sausage. Sorry your bored at work what do you work at? I work in the family business and its with food. its been so hard i went back to work on thursday. i've been starving since around tuesday so its been crazy!!

About me wanting to be single. I really do! I've had enough. there is only so much a person can take and i've taken as much as possible.

Hi, Everyone,

Two weeks from today is my surgery and I'm feeling a little jittery..... nervous, excited, etc.! My PCP is so sweet. She just called me on the phone to talk about a Rx I need and told me "our prayers will be with you" and told me to come in after the surgery. I've never had that kind of personal attention from a doc!!

I had my pre-op dietician consult this week. She went over the post-op diet with me and told me I needed to up my pre-op diet from the 500 I'd been averaging for the past month to 1000 cal and Protein with every meal. So my weight loss is stalled since I did that.

This week I also had all my pre-op blood work done ..... only TWO tubes! Monday I have my pre-op appts with both anesthesia and my surgeon.

I've got two tank tops with built in shelf bra, liquid Tylenol and adult liquid vitamins. I've ordered an ID Bracelet from MY BANDS. I have my shopping list from the dietician. AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING???

:help::whoo::omg: :clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: :faint::confused::confused::P

Good evening all you Lucky 7's.

I finally made it out of the house tonight for the first time since surgery. My DH palys softball on Friday nights, so I went to his game. It was so hot, but I was glad to get out.

The Dr.s office called to schedule all my upcoming appointments. I asked about the driving thing. She said as long as I'm not taking the pain pills I can drive. Yahoo. So excited. I'm going shopping!!!

Phyllser, don't forget the gas x!! Also, I heard the liquid vitamins are yucky. My Dr. said to just take the Flintstones chewables. You may want to ask your Dr about them. They're also cheaper.

Princesswillow, welcome to the best group on this site!!

delia, hope you get to feeling better. I was banded Monday and haven't had any problems so hang in there, it does get better, and it will be so worth it!!

Dini, you sound so down. I'm sending a big bear hug your way........did you get it sweety. So are you really ready to be single again, or are you just really frusterated about the last week with Adam? I feel so bad for what you're going thru. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you!!

Chimboree, how are you doing. Did you read I ordered my medical ID. I'm so happy you told us about them. I would of never thought to get one.

Chimboree my little sausage. Sorry your bored at work what do you work at? I work in the family business and its with food. its been so hard i went back to work on thursday. i've been starving since around tuesday so its been crazy!!

About me wanting to be single. I really do! I've had enough. there is only so much a person can take and i've taken as much as possible.

I am a telephone operator on a Naval military base. Friday's are pretty slow.

I was in a long-term relationship, 11 almost 12 years, but he didn't want to get his act together, so I had to end it. It was a very co-dependent relationship. Not good. That was almost 5 years ago. So I've been riding solo since then. I've had a couple of friends along the way, but nothing serious. :cry

I've been busy living my life--recently bought my 2nd house (it's a brand new condo and I love it!), but I'm tired of doing it alone. I feel like the time is now to get involved. I'm just having a hard time finding decent, worthy guys. All of them usually want one thing. I'm not on that kinda program. I just had to cut my last friend off. He did s'thing last weekend that absolutely offended me and disgusted me. I haven't talk to him since. He hasn't even bothered to ask me if I'm okay. Just more proof that he's not even worth my time.

Wow. Where did all of that come from??? :confused:

Good evening all you Lucky 7's.

Chimboree, how are you doing. Did you read I ordered my medical ID. I'm so happy you told us about them. I would of never thought to get one.

Hey Ms. Lynette! I am doing okay. Just trying to stay awake here at work. :bored

I'm glad you ordered your Bracelet. I think it will put you at peace of mind. I wanted to get one, too that I could wear all the time...but I have an allergy and can only wear 18K gold! :confused: Do you know how expensive my bracelet was going to be? I called a local jeweler and it was gonna be 2K!!! I don't think so...so, I went w/Lauren's Hope. I had to be careful and get one that had a lot of beading b/c the gold/silver would've broken me out. This allergy is a real pain sometimes. I even have to cover the little button on my blue jeans, or else I'll get a rash!!!

I've got two tank tops with built in shelf bra, liquid Tylenol and adult liquid vitamins. I've ordered an ID Bracelet from MY BANDS. I have my shopping list from the dietician. AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING???

Gas X? A lot of the post-ops have mentioned the problem of gas.

Hi, Everyone,

Two weeks from today is my surgery and I'm feeling a little jittery..... nervous, excited, etc.! My PCP is so sweet. She just called me on the phone to talk about a Rx I need and told me "our prayers will be with you" and told me to come in after the surgery. I've never had that kind of personal attention from a doc!! ...

:help::whoo::omg: :clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: :faint::confused::confused::P

That is so wonderful. Personal attention like that is certainly rare these days! For your list, don't forget a small pillow for the car ride home (to protect you from the seatbelt).

I was asked last night was I embarrassed by my weight.

My answer was NO! I ask you now, Why should I be embarrassed? Does being heavy and embarrassment come hand in hand? I THINK NOT ...

Then I added that If I was working the street or going around stealing from people I would be embarrassed....

So i ask to you 'Are you Embarrassed by your Weight?

Yes I am embarrassed. I feel that people who don't know and love me look at me and say - Why have you done this to yourself - I really don't want to see people that I went to high school with (i was thin then). I am embarrassed. In fact someone i knew in high school and i have a mutal freind and he told her i was "Hot" in back then - I sure and the hell are hot now... So yes in some ways I am embarrassed.

Hello everyone, just a quick update,

I'm soore and stiff all under the ribs, cant tell the diference between gas pains hunger or fullness.....crazy I tell you.

Its 110 outside so walknig outsides not gonna happen! Just sipping liquids and hoping for the pain to settle down.....OOOH its time for more Tylenol!!!! hope all you other new bandies R doing better :) more later hopfully Ill feel like that smilie looks.:omg:

My name is Jessica, this is my first post, although I have been reading this website for a couple of months now. I will be banded Tuesday, July 10, 2007 in San Antonio, about 20 min. from my house. I have BCBS (I am a teacher in Texas) and I have to pay about $1900 which is 20%.

I was supposed to be on the Atkins diet for the past 2 weeks but I have not been very good on it. I have never been successful on Atkins because the only Protein I really like to eat is lean protein (I don't care for red meat, pork, etc) and I just can't eat turkey and chicken all day every day so my options on Atkins are very limited. I hope I have lost at least a few pounds by Tuesday.

I am so excited to have this surgery, I have been overweight, going up and down for the past 9 years since I graduated high school. I am looking forward to going clothes shopping!

I have been researching WLS forever and the second I found out my insurance covered it, I made my appointment. It has been 8 months since my first appointment, I had to complete a 6 month Dr. supervised program for my insurance.