Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

cherrybomb, where did you have your surgery done? My doctor says I will definitely be staying overnight and if there are problems I would need to stay longer. Just curious where you are at.

Lynette- I'm sorry about your pain. I look forward to this the LEAST. I know exactly what it is after 4 C-Sections. I had it so severly with child #3 that a young nurse just stared at me unsure of what to do as I kind of flipped around in my bed in so much pain that I was short winded for a couple minutes and unable to speak to tell her what was the matter one evening. I'm not looking forward to it and I very much have empathy for you.

You took a "Pill" for it? How big was it? I was thinking we'd have to take liquid once banded. Please elaborate when you feel better.

marcyinak, yeah, right now, just obsessed with KNOWING what I am instore for!!!! And ... these people are awesome!!!!!

AppleBlossom where are you having your surgery done. I thought I read some pages back that you are having your the 24 also?

Thanks for the welcome Jeanie. I love this site! I've learned lots already!

Renee

OMG I am still awake, my own doing, and so I came back here to read up for tomorrow, and ther's like 15 names of people on line here at the bottom of the page. How awesome is that.

I've been researching a little more on the medical id bracelets. Definitely want on, just can't decide on one. I'm a gold person, and yes I'm willing to spend the money on a good gold one, not one I'll have to take of when I shower, swim, etc. I hate that, too much work. They are so many styles to choose from. The beaded bracelets are what i'm looking at. Very nice. I'm a purple person, so I have that figured out on crystal color. Will have to do more research tomorrow. Not like I don't have plenty of time.

Marcy, Marcy, Marcy!!!! We didn't forget about you. I knew you may not post for a while because of inlaws in town. We were still thinking of you though.

Someone asked about 'PILLS". Apple Blossom, Yes, my pain med is a pill, an average size, I break in half, and it goes down fine with Water. No problems yet.

Cherrybomb, your back too. How wonderful. Glad to hear things went well.

Ok, I'm really going to bed now. Can't keep my eyes open anymore. Have a great night everyone.

<p>Laurend--It's good that you're out. Thanks for the pillow tip. </p> <p> </p> <p>Another word about taking the easy way out. I've been thinking about people saying this, and I just can't get over how ridiculous it is. I think of it as taking the permanent way out. Look, if your pool were leaking, would you drain the whole thing, stick gum in the hole, and refill it just to have to repeat the process endlessly because your method just wasn't working for the long run, or would you have a professional come out and fix it once? Why should we have to stay on the diet, lose weight, gain weight treadmill forever? Why not just let a professional help us do it once and for all? Besides--as far as taking the easy way out goes--why do people use lawn mowers, and edgers, and automatic sprinklers, and blowers to make their lawns look nice? Because those are the right tools, and they make the job easier. Even if it were true that surgery is the "easy way out," why would that be wrong? You only have to rake a big lawn once to know taking the easy way out and buying a blower is pure common sense.</p>

Great analogies. Super great analogies! The answer to the why people call it the "easy way out".....JEALOUSY. The score keepers in life always worry that someone might surpass them. I bet the people who say it's the easy way out also can't stand to see someone with a nicer car, home, cuter outfit...etc. Very comparitive and competitive type people.

Chimboree - Thanks for adding me to the calendar. My date was actually moved up on Monday from the 31st to the 12th.

Good luck to everyone set for tomorrow!

I am so glad to hear that a few more made it through without too many issues. Your stories are very helpful to us all.

AppleBlossom where are you having your surgery done. I thought I read some pages back that you are having your the 24 also?

Thanks for the welcome Jeanie. I love this site! I've learned lots already!

Renee

Hi Renee,

I'm going to Dr. Ortiz also. My date is Monday, the 9th. I "think" that screen name ronik... has the 24th w/Dr. Ortiz. I hope I'm not wrong, but that comes to mind w/o scrolling back.

Thanks, Lynette, I feel loved again.....the in-laws are killin' me! The house is a disaster and no one will leave me alone long enough to clean it up. Now I have a bunch of men over - lots of law enforcement and hunting stories goin' on....LOL!

texgal61, you're welcome to come here anytime you want.:eek: Just because you don't have a date yet doesn't mean you can't join us, the more the merrier!! Maybe after hanging around us, you'll get Lucky and get a July date!! You never know. We'll help you pray for a date.

We have 2 ladies that were banded in June, and we love them so much we'll never give them up to the June thread!!!!

Speaking of which, Breadlady, Where have you been:confused:!!! Are you still at the lake with the kids!!:) Come check in with us, we miss you.:cry

Marcy, see there, I was thinking of you with the inlaws and all.:heh: I knew it would be hard for you to post, or read up. Plus, you're getting banded soon, you'd have to check in before then!!

Ok all, I have a great question for the day. It's not weight related, so no one has to do a lot of thinking today- it's Friday, no work today, so my fun question for the day is "What does your screen name stand for"

Ok, some are a little more obvious than others, but some have me baffled.:help:

A little obvious is mine. My screen name is Lynette617. Obviously, Lynette is my name, 617 is my birthday, June 17.

Some of you have come up with the cutest names, just wanted to know what thought was behind it, is it a hobby, just something you thought up for this site, etc.:clap2:

One not so obvious for me anyway is dmtjet, for example. Your real name is Jeanie so I'm having a hart time figuring out the dmtjet.:help:

So if you wish to share, please let us know. If not, that's ok too.

Just something fun for the day.:)

Hey all!! my screen name is Gladster12. Last name is Gladden. My guy friends in highschool called me "the gladster" so I added 12. Kinda boring......but it gets the job done!!

I am off to take a friend to the airport......

Wonder if I should clean out my closet today? Will I loose weight in my feet? Maybe I should organize only and not get rid of anything because it is too small!! What do you think?

Here is another question of the day...... How is your closet organized????

I am dying to read and get some new ideas!!!

texgal61, you're welcome to come here anytime you want.:eek: Just because you don't have a date yet doesn't mean you can't join us, the more the merrier!! Maybe after hanging around us, you'll get Lucky and get a July date!! You never know. We'll help you pray for a date.

We have 2 ladies that were banded in June, and we love them so much we'll never give them up to the June thread!!!!

Speaking of which, Breadlady, Where have you been:confused:!!! Are you still at the lake with the kids!!:) Come check in with us, we miss you.:cry

Marcy, see there, I was thinking of you with the inlaws and all.:heh: I knew it would be hard for you to post, or read up. Plus, you're getting banded soon, you'd have to check in before then!!

Ok all, I have a great question for the day. It's not weight related, so no one has to do a lot of thinking today- it's Friday, no work today, so my fun question for the day is "What does your screen name stand for"

Ok, some are a little more obvious than others, but some have me baffled.:help:

A little obvious is mine. My screen name is Lynette617. Obviously, Lynette is my name, 617 is my birthday, June 17.

Some of you have come up with the cutest names, just wanted to know what thought was behind it, is it a hobby, just something you thought up for this site, etc.:clap2:

One not so obvious for me anyway is dmtjet, for example. Your real name is Jeanie so I'm having a hart time figuring out the dmtjet.:help:

So if you wish to share, please let us know. If not, that's ok too.

Just something fun for the day.:)

Mine is a bit obviouse. "Kathybad" for my first name, and bad because I am a naughty little girl... DH nickname.

Gladster and Kathybad, love the names, and Kathy, I was wondering where the 'bad' came from!!

Gladster, I can help on the organizing part. Love to organize.:heh:

Yes, some will lose weight in their feet and lose shoe sizes as well, but don't go throwing out your shoes just yet. I'd wait to see if it's gonna happen to you.

On your wardrobe, I myself have already donated any and all items that I will not fit into for the winter. I've kept enough things to get me to this point, summer wear, and will start purchasing few smaller items, mainly basics, as I shrink. No need to spend a lot, because we won't need the between size for long either. Maybe go to thrift stores for most items,and then splurge elsewhere on a piece or two.

So you divide your closet into 3 sections, one for must keep items that you're wearing currently, one for the new items you'll have to purchase once you lose a little, and if you're like me, one for those clothes you may have purchased years ago and thought you'd hang onto just in case you ever lost the weight!!!

Try not to keep anything with elastic waist bands. These items are great for people to go back to just in case they gain, but we're not going to do that. I do keep a few items with elastic for excercise purposes only, and we all have to have that 'lounge on the couch when it's too cold do anything in the winter outfit', and the 'Ok, I'm not feelling well, just want to curl up on the couch with a cup of chicken noodle soup' outfit. Those are ok, but you want to start wearing those pants with 'waists' in them, yeah, we're going to have a waist. This way, if it gets snug, you're doing something wrong, and you'll know it.

If you have a Home Depot or Lowes close by, check out all the organizers that they have. No very pricy, and they get the job done.

Hope this helps.:)