Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

On another note, I was updated some files and starting my journal. Do you know I started this process in Dec. 2005????!!!! Then my 6 mos. follow-ups and all the other tests, not too mention the INSURANCE runaround!!!! Isn't that sad?
Wow. Insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to do that. I had plenty of troubles with both my insurance company and my surgeons' offices (I had to switch surgeons because the first one wasn't covered by my insurance).

laurend, how often are we to send you are stats? I forget and don't feel like perusing the magnitude of pages on this thread, lol!

Isn't that ridiculous with the insurance companies? Just doesn't seem right! Laurend we are so thankful you are doing well! Keep us posted and by all means pass on any ideas/suggestions/tips!!!! We can use them!

snaggletooth & mommiranda

good luck tomorrow

well be thinking of you

post when you can x

laurend, how often are we to send you are stats? I forget and don't feel like perusing the magnitude of pages on this thread, lol!
I'd like to get them from everyone once a week, every Friday.
Laurend we are so thankful you are doing well! Keep us posted and by all means pass on any ideas/suggestions/tips!!!! We can use them!
Well, if anyone is on a liquid or pureed diet and trying to travel a fairly long distance, it can be a little difficult to find a restaurant that will serve what you can eat. On my way down to Memphis, I was on a clear-liquids diet, and stopped at Chik-Fil-A. The broth that their chicken noodle Soup is in is pretty darn good. If you are on mushies, mashed potatoes from KFC, refried Beans from Taco Bell, scrambled eggs from Denny's or IHOP, and loaded potato soup from O'Charley's are very good. Of course, you wouldn't want to eat them all the time, but they are good places to stop if you are traveling.

ok this is going to be quick. welcome everyone who has joined in the last few hours. this place is mental how quick people are joining us. fab

Laurend great that your back with us. I think the way you were feeling was the closest to me so far! although you sound 100 times better.

ok had a hard night Adam car broke down as i was comming home. got a friend out to try fix it but no joy. its just park on some path. i HOPE someone robs it!!!!!!!

ok off to bed. sweet dreams to all

I think Chimboree originally posted the info on the med alert Bracelet. I was talking to my hubby and he thought it seemed like a good idea. Can you let me know what you had put on it?

It will take way to long to go through all the pages on this post!! :)

Thanks!!

~Nichole

I think this is all that was posted: I kept segments of each until I decide how to do mine! So here it is:

included on mine 'gastric band patient' 'entubate with scope ONLY'

bought mine on ebay and added my own chain to make a bracelet.It says "adjust. gastric band w/ abdominal port no blind NG" It also has my allergy information on it. It cost less than $25 and it makes me feel better, especially when traveling alone. ~Mandy

Once I get approved by insurance, I am going to get one from www.americanmedical-id.com. This is what I plan on getting on mine:

Front:

Name

Surgeon

Surgeon's Emergency #

See Back

Back:

Gastric Lap-Band

With Abdominal Mediport

No NG w/o Scope

No NSAIDS

Mine says:

My name

Adj Gastric Band

No gastric tube w/out endo

Allergies

Dr and #

ordered a Bracelet from Lauren's Hope and I just got it yesterday. It is so beautiful and I LOVE it. On mine, this is what I put:

Name

Gastric Band Patient

No Blind NG Tube

No NSAIDs

I just ordered a bracelet at creativemedicalid.com They had quite a few to pick from and were not bad in price. I was able to have my first name on the front and 4 lines with 19 charactors on each line on the back. I put

line 1 adjust gastric band

line 2 no blind NG tube

line 3 Surgeon Glasscock

line 4 my surgeons phone number and hospital #

I am getting banded on July 23 so I will have it before surgery.

Originally Posted by melissa o viewpost.gif

A good friend of mine sent me this link....its a pretty good idea for those who do not want to display all of their personal info for everyone to read and/or have WAY too much to write on the back of one of those tiny bracelets...

My Bands :: Home

Originally Posted by kacee viewpost.gif

How much is the service? I went through the entire website but they don't seem to say anywhere (until you join).

Affordable Pricing - Just $39.95 for first year enrollment, and $25 per year thereafter (this was under health plans at MedicAlert - Health Plans ) __________________I attended a support group at the hospital where I had my surgery. The nutritionist there (work for the hospital as part of their overall surgery support program) strongly recommended getting a medical alert bracelet/necklace stating (at least) what kind of surgery you had and who your surgeon was... __________________

Banded 5/21/07

by Dr. Amir Moazzez

Inova Fair Oaks Hospital

(Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence)

Being the ebayer I am I went there to go to their site and came across a great alternative. Ever been to the mall and seen those koisks that sell the photo engraved dog tags? Well you can get those made (in different styles and even colors to match) alot cheaper and they can fit quite a bit on them. It might even look less like a medical alert to the unknown eyes....

I have the card in my wallet, but honestly would feel more comfortable w/ something on my persons, what if I got seperated from my handbag you know!

So I'm looking now at the various websites and just wanted to point out something for people who may feel like their ID bracelet is turning into a charm bracelet w/ various health issues they have:

The MedicAlert® E-HealthKEY

USB flash drive and software providing access to your personal health record, anywhere, 24/7.

I hadn't seen that a few years ago when looking for one for my aunt, this could be a real life saver to some!

Originally Posted by laurend viewpost.gif

Once I get approved by insurance, I am going to get one from Identify Yourself at American Medical ID - Medical Alert, Medical Bracelets and Necklaces. This is what I plan on getting on mine:

Front:

Name

Surgeon

Surgeon's Emergency #

See Back

Back:

Gastric Lap-Band

With Abdominal Mediport

No NG w/o Scope

No NSAIDS

I checked out Lauren's Hope and American Medical and I decided to go with American Medical. Thanks for bringing up this important topic. __________________

Cherrybomb

Hey, I saw some cute Medic alert bracelets on jewelbasket.com

Still not sure if we really need to have one though. Susannah

Originally Posted by kyethra viewpost.gif

I'm going to get a necklace I think. At first I wasn't going to. For a long time, years actually, I had thought of one due to allergies (I'm allergic to most antibiotics). But then recently I figured I wouldn't because I thought you had to fit all the stuff you would want someone to know on them-- my neck would get heavy between the allergies, the band, and another thing or two I should list. But then someone told me that just the most urgent type stuff gets put on it and there is a number they call and they number has all your information including current meds, allergies, freakish medical conditions, not so freakish medical conditions, etc. So now I do plan on getting one.

That is medic alert, there is a start up fee and a yearly fee to maintain the data base. But they have some very nice medic tags. even pink. ~Mandy

They're actually pretty cute...

www.LaurensHope.com

have no idea what "adjust. gastric band w/ abdominal port no blind NG" means?

have one, it basically says the same as Jack's and has my doctors name and phone number. I got mine from http://www.laurenshope.com

See what's free at AOL.com.

:update:

Here's the latest calendar. Please let me know if I need to make any changes!

You guys are the best!!!:bounce:

Chimboree, you forgot me - I'm on the 17th.

This is a hard thread to keep up with!Good luck to tomorrow's bandsters, mommiranda and snaggletooth. I am truly excited for you - I cannot wait until the 17th!

Has anyone flew back from their operation? I'm getting a little nervous about that now, reading how Lynette and Laurend have to be in recliners. And I'm going to be squished into an economy seat from Mexico back to New York. The operation is Tuesday, the flight back is Friday. Any suggestions???

Hello all!:wave: I introduced myself a long time ago on page 3 or 4 (actually it was about a week ago, my time goes by fast! :)). I have been attempting to keep up with everyones post! You guys are such a great inspiration and a fountain of information! But finally I now offically have a surgery date! July 20th! So now I am an offical lucky seven!! :whoo:I am so excited but very scared. :eek: Congradulations to all that have had thier surgery and good luck to all to come.

Welcome, ChickB13,

I am being banded July 20th also. Two more weeks!! Do you have to do a pre-op diet?? Where are you located? I am in WA state. AND, I'm old enough to be your grandma!! Wish I'd had something like this available to me when I was your age!!

I have spent the entire day trying to read all the posts that I've missed in a day and a half....YIKES! Of course the internet went down this afternoon too!

Dini - So you're so upset you weren't mentioned in 3 pages...I haven't been mentioned in over 10! Where's the love, huh?:think

Jeanie - You, apparently, have WAY too much time on your hands....and very speedy internet!:eek:

Laurend - glad to hear you're home! About all the sleepiness and dizziness...ask your doc for a different med....there are so many out there and you shouldn't be afraid to switch to something that will help you block pain AND be coherent!:rolleyes

Frustrated - even if you stay over-night, insurance (and the hospital) still consider it out-patient if you are there less than 23hrs. You shouldn't have a problem with insurance about that (and if you do I'd love to help you fight it...it's what I do best!)

WHY no NSAIDS? I called my surgeon on this and he had never heard of that being an issue....what did your docs say?

It's been TERRIFIC weather for Nome! I have a sunburn on top of a sunburn! Yeah! We have a little "parade" for the 4th and then "street games" (bike, running, and three-legged races down the street). My little girl came in FIRST for the "under 2" race! Haha!:clap2:

My in-laws are in town and I haven't had a moment's peace! It's making that last "fat encounter" with my husband pretty difficult to accomplish...but I'm persistent!:) Their visit HAS, however, not given me time to get spastic about the impending surgery. I leave tomorrow to go hook up with my sister and then we'll go to Denver together on Sunday. I'm not expecting to be on line everyday while I'm gone so I'll probably have 100 pages to read next time I'm on! Please PM me with personal messages, that way I'll actually get to read them.

I'm excited that we have so many folks joining us and already a handful banded. I am so grateful to Dini, Lynette, and Laurend who have shared some info with us/me about what I will need for a good recovery!:whoo:

Chimboree, you forgot me - I'm on the 17th.

This is a hard thread to keep up with!Good luck to tomorrow's bandsters, mommiranda and snaggletooth. I am truly excited for you - I cannot wait until the 17th!

Has anyone flew back from their operation? I'm getting a little nervous about that now, reading how Lynette and Laurend have to be in recliners. And I'm going to be squished into an economy seat from Mexico back to New York. The operation is Tuesday, the flight back is Friday. Any suggestions???

I'm sorry!:rolleyes I just added you. See attached!

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

I appreciate your kind words, and I could definitely use some support right now...

I have my operation on the 19th. I have just completed one week of a three week Optifast shakes-only diet. It is very miserable. I am trying so hard to keep motivated, but this diet makes me miss food SO MUCH. I am wondering if I can handle the lap band diet. I remind myself that once I have surgery, I won't feel hungry the way I do now, not in the least satisfied by these Meal Replacement shakes.

I do appreciate the support!

I think Chimboree originally posted the info on the med alert Bracelet. I was talking to my hubby and he thought it seemed like a good idea. Can you let me know what you had put on it?

It will take way to long to go through all the pages on this post!! :)

Thanks!!

~Nichole

Yes m'am. Forgve70x7, Here it is:

I ordered a bracelet from Lauren's Hope and I just got it yesterday. It is so beautiful and I LOVE it. On mine, this is what I put:

Name

Gastric Band Patient

No Blind NG Tube

No NSAIDs

Again, I love it.

MarcyinAK, the NSAIDs are s'posed to cause ulcers which for us bandsters is bad b/c it can cause erosion.