Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

snaggletooth, will do with the recipes. I'm going to try cinnamon and splenda in my vanilla Protein Shake next. Maybe it will taste like those Snickerdoodle cookies!!!:omg:

Well there's my little Ireland sausage. You may have not been mentioned in the past 3 pages, but are thought about often.:)

forgve70x7, when I first started reading your post I thought you were joking with me since I've been sitting on this computer all the time since I've been home from the hospital. It's true, I have been, but I have no pain to sit down. I have sat for a long time. Then I get up and walk.

Make sure you stop for potty breaks and walk a little at the same time for the gas pains.

Just bring a pillow for the ride home, and a blanket. If you can recline, you can sleep. Take yourself a pain killer, and you're good to go. Or try one of Snaggletooths "clear liquid" drinks- just kidding!!!

frustrated, we're all Dini's little sausages. It's an Irish thing, but so cute.

No, you can't eat us!!!

I'm sure my doctor would love me drinking one of those "clear liquids" a few days after surgery!! :) I'm not sure if I'll be able to recline because we may be bringing some new bedroom furniture home for the exchange student that's going to be with us this year.

Anyways thanks for the input! It's much appreciated.

~Nichole

Ok, signing off for a while. I've been summoned to the diningroom table for Playdoh with my son. It's the Barber Shop!!! WooHoo. Be back later!

Later, no wonder I don't get anything done nowadays, but oh well, I love it!!!! LOL

Coltonwade, I don't know anything about a Gazelle, but anything we do has to be better than nothing!

We are big Jr. fans too! I see your symbol! What will we do when he changes teams? We haven't been too fond of Gordon up until now, lol!

Well it can be done w/ arm motions I can get my mom's tread mill over here , that might be a better idea.

As for Gordon , I dont like Jr's move to Hendrix,:) I was all prepared for him to go to Childress. I dont like Gordon , Wont root for him cant make me . :rolleyes:mad:

I dont like Johnson either.

I respect the move he made as a buisness choice. I have watched Nascar all my life. My girlfriends and I go to the races every yr as a " Girls friends get away " and I cant WAIT To get skinny again . We leave the men at home and pant over the drivers . LOL Its a hoot.

So i wont like it next yr w/ Jr as a Hendrix team mate but i'll stick w/ him . LOL Sorry im off my soap box.

Mindy

Oops - I haven't been banded yet! My surgery is tommorow 07/06/07!! So I am joining all of you in the lucky sevens ....

MM

Hi everyone who just came on today!

Lynette--congrats on your weight loss

Mindy--I don't like the Gazelle because it has no resistance-I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout at all. I'm just flailing around up there...

Felicia--I'm sorry your husband thinks that. I don't understand that mindset. I swear I've been lucky, and I haven't run into anyone who thinks that (at least not out loud.) I've been telling everyone, and people are just curious. My mother is the only one who expressed any doubt, and that was one short sentence, because she knows better. Initially my husband was worried, but he's all supportive now because I equated the surgery w/more & better sex!! You know it's still a lot of work to lose weight w/the band and, assumably, your husband will come to see that too.

Dini--I'm very embarrassed by my weight. The absolute worst is when I see someone I haven't seen in a while, because they won't know yet that I'm so big. I feel compelled to tell everyone about my surgery so they know that this is only temporary.

Coltonwade, I am with you on that one! We weren't pleased either! My husband is the Nascar buff! He loved Dale, Sr. and then we moved to Jr. after that unfortunate incident. No, we are sticking with Jr. too. Seems he didn't have much of a choice, but oh boy, could've picked a nicer group to go to ... like the Lucky 7 Bandsters, lol!!!!! Nah, really, you are lucky to go to the races. My husband has gone, but I haven't yet. He keeps saying I should, so after this weight loss (see, positive thinking there!), I am going to take him up on it! :whoo: Should be fun! I imagine going with a group of ladies would be a hoot!!!! Those guys are hot!!!! :faint:

Mommiranda, Best wishes tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!!! You will do great!

Hi, guys, I'm back! My surgery went fine, although there were a few things that I wasn't expecting. I don't know whether it was the anesthesia or the morphine drip I was given after surgery, but something made me horribly nauseous. The first time I got up to go use the bathroom, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it there and back to the bed, because I was swaying so much. I also apparently had some breathing problems in the recovery room, because I remember the nurse that worked there shaking me and telling me to breathe. I am incredibly tired, also. I spent the entire day of my surgery in bed (other that going to the bathroom, of course), and then spent most of the next day in bed, also. Right now, I am fighting to stay awake at the computer.

Question for you (or anyone who has already been banded). I was wondering how long you are able to actually sit up for at one time. I live 5 hours away from where I'm getting banded and I'll be in Phoenix from next Monday to Friday, but I'm concerned about the drive home. I know that everyone heals differently, but I just thought I'd ask you all.

It's not too bad, as long as you have someone driving you. Take a pillow, though, so you can brace your stomach.

Wow, that was a long read. 9 pages in less than 24 hours. I'm on vacation this week so can login more frequently than when I'm at work. So will have to resign to the fact that I won't be able to keep up with all of the posts.

To everyone banded today... I hope you are all doing well. To all on deck... good luck! I know you are all a little scared, but we all know its the right decision and you will be great.

Am I embarrased about being overweight... YES, but not always. I'm embarrased when I have to fly (especially when I sit beside my boss). When I'm at a fancy party and I know I don't look as nice as I would like to. But embarrasment is not the main issue for me.

I'm disappointed in myself and feel like a failure. I have a lot of things going for me. I picked a wonderful man to share my life with. We have two beautiful children. I have a great career that I love, and I am a fairly intelligent person. So everytime I lose weight just to gain it back, I feel like such a failure. This has happened so many times, that the failure is so ingrained.

It even interfears with my sex life. I know my husband loves me and is so attracted to me (regardless of what I look like... big, small or whatever). I sometimes just can't imagine why he is attracted to me, so I don't feel like doing the nasty :phanvan

Pretty sad. I also don't think losing all the weight will miracalously change my own self image. I think that will take a bit of time and self analysis.

Hate to end this on a down note... so I'll share my fun news with you. I had messed up my knee at the beginning of June by tripping over our dog (middle of the night, a little drunk...:faint:you get the picture). I've been in physiotherapy since. My DH and I took up golf this summer for the first time (I used to when I was a teenager, but not since). But due to the knee injury, I couldn't golf.

Today, we went out to play a round at a beautiful course. I golfed 115 on a par 73. It felt great... no knee problems and spent the entire day with my DH and kidless!!! 115 might not be great, but for me I'll take it.

All for now :)

Hi, guys, I'm back! My surgery went fine, although there were a few things that I wasn't expecting. I don't know whether it was the anesthesia or the morphine drip I was given after surgery, but something made me horribly nauseous. The first time I got up to go use the bathroom, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it there and back to the bed, because I was swaying so much. I also apparently had some breathing problems in the recovery room, because I remember the nurse that worked there shaking me and telling me to breathe. I am incredibly tired, also. I spent the entire day of my surgery in bed (other that going to the bathroom, of course), and then spent most of the next day in bed, also. Right now, I am fighting to stay awake at the computer.

It's not too bad, as long as you have someone driving you. Take a pillow, though, so you can brace your stomach.

Yay!!!! We're so glad to hear from you. It seems that you are doing very well. This is so encouraging!!! I get more and more excited w/each update! Are you in a lot of pain right now?

I am a Lucky Seven as well! My surgery date was 7/3. I am feeling ok. Lots of gas and soreness, but nothing uncommon for this surgery. I too had the breathing issue on the morphone drip. I am just feeling really sluggish, but walking really helps to move all of the gas around. Ill keep you posted! Good luck to all!

Jessica

$16,500 Self Pay

Banded 7/3 by Dr. Santiago Horgan - UCSD Medical Center

PreOp/Surgery/Current/Goal

250/232/???/140