Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Trystelle, I know what you mean about reading the horror stories! I did that too ... scared the paduccahs out of me!!!! Needless to say, I don't do that anymore! I find this much more reassuring and easier on my nerves!!!!!!

I hope Chimboree has this right, because I am copying and pasting ... the old brain can't remember all of these usernames, lol! Welcome to ... IcyBreeze, Jnkntrnk, JDHJ861jr, and Gladster12. Thanks, Chimboree!

dmtjet, my Dr. said walking was good for the gas pains, but never really gave me a limit on it. I've been going out 3 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. I can't do any other other aerobics until 4 weeks post op. I'm feeling very well at this point, but I don't want to overdue it. I just stay around my street so if I do start feeling bad, I'm close to home.:)

dmtjet, my Dr. said walking was good for the gas pains, but never really gave me a limit on it. I've been going out 3 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. I can't do any other other aerobics until 4 weeks post op. I'm feeling very well at this point, but I don't want to overdue it. I just stay around my street so if I do start feeling bad, I'm close to home.:)

Does anyone have a Gazelle ? You know one of those machines ?

I live in Texas, and Its hot and humid , i get Migraines from being out in the heat too much . So I was thinking about "walking" on my Gazelle post op . My doc said a treadmill was ok . Im wondering if a Gazelle would be too ?

Anyone know ?

Thanks

Mindy :)

Lynette, I can't believe you are walking that much already!!! Wow, you are really feeling that good? Thanks for sharing!

Coltonwade, I don't know anything about a Gazelle, but anything we do has to be better than nothing!

We are big Jr. fans too! I see your symbol! What will we do when he changes teams? We haven't been too fond of Gordon up until now, lol!

coltonwade, I don't have a gazelle, but I would ask your Dr. about it. I can't picture what this machine looks like, but is it like a glider? This may be too much because if you're moving your arms too much, you'll be pulling your stomach muscles, where the cuts are.

OOHHH, never thought about the arm motion!!!! Could cause a problem! Good point!

dmtjet, I am feeling that good. I haven't taken too much of the pain meds, and I've only taken 1 pain pill earlier today, before I went for my first 1/2 hour walk. Once I get going, I feel great. I haven't even used my liquid tylenol at all. I am however using the gas x strips. They help a lot.

I bought the Gas X chewables, I didn't pick up the package for the strips to see what to do with them, talk about lazy, huh? Sounded from what I have been reading that I will need them, lol!

Does anyone have a Gazelle ? You know one of those machines ?

I live in Texas, and Its hot and humid , i get Migraines from being out in the heat too much . So I was thinking about "walking" on my Gazelle post op . My doc said a treadmill was ok . Im wondering if a Gazelle would be too ?

Anyone know ?

Thanks

Mindy :)

I have a Gazelle but never use it anymore. Lynette has an excellent point though, the swinging arm things could be an issue, so check with your doc before buying it or it could end up being just another hefty paperweight. After you're well on your way to healing though, there probably shouldn't be an issue. *shrug*

I didn't like it personally. But if you have joint problems it could be the way to go. My cardio machine of choice is the elliptical. Low impact on my knees (which are an issue at the mo). But the woman who suggested I get one swore it was fantastic, and for her it worked well. At least when she made use of it. :)

Why not check out some reviews on it? Type "Gazelle Reviews" into google or some other search engine and find out what people are saying about it. :)

dmtjet, the strips are nice becaue they just melt on your tongue, no chewing involved. I got the cinnamon flavored, and they taste pretty good. You can take 2 to 4 at a time.

I may need to get some of those, I wonder if I can return the ones I bought?

I guess it's time to start wishing our July 6 Bandsters some good luck,

so Snaggletooth and Mommiranda, best of luck to both of you tomorrow.

Hope you're back with us shortly letting us know how you are.

Still looking for Laurend and Abbey to post from Tuesday, and our banders from today, cherrybomb and LWesson. You all are in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

I also hate the 'compliment', "You have such a pretty face". That drives me nuts! For me, it just emphasizes the weight issue.

People are sooo sweet to say that I have a pretty face and a great personality!!! But to me what they are saying is my body is less than pretty.

Yes, as shallow as it may sound....I am embarrassed about my weight. All of my friends are slim and beautiful. I don't want to be the designated fat girl anymore!! I try to dress cute, have fun and be myself. But for me......I want more. I want to have a slimmer figure!! I deserve that for myself!!

WOW!....as I go back and read what I wrote it does sound terribley shallow.....but I'm really not shallow. My mom once told me, "sometimes us big girls have to try a little bit harder to be noticed!! " Sad, but I do believe that!