Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

enjoy your walk lynette. i'm going to go tidy this app up. since the opp i've done NOTHING!! later all

Danny, I think it's great what you're doing, and at 33. I know in the classes I had to attend all the men were older, in there 50's, even 60's looking to me. Then on the other end, the women who were half younger, and half older. I know I'm glad I did this at 35. I don't want to waste anymore of my life away.

I'm a mother of a 3 year old, and he is my insperation to be the best I can be. Having had him later in life, it puts being healthy and being there for him in a whole new perspective. In the last 3 years after he was born I tried everything to take of the weight. Nothing worked. I have hereditary cardiovascular disease in the family that took my father at the age of 43, and took my fathers father at the age of 40. I couldn't stand to think I could be gone in 5 years, and never get to see my son graduate, from elementary school!!

So I know what you mean about wanting to be a healthy father for your kids and wife. There is no better insperation for us. Best of luck to you on Monday.

tHANKS LYNETTE, i HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL FOR ALL THE LUCKY #7'S , MY LITTLE GIRL JUST WATCHING HER FULL OF LIFE, ENERGY, AND THEN LOOKING AT ME A COUCH POTATO. SHE WILL BE LIKE DAD COME PLAY WITH ME , I TRY BUT SHORTNESS OF BREATH ALWAYS SEEMS TO GET THE BEST OF ME. A COUPLE MORE DAYS AND A YEAR OF PROPER DIET AND EXCERCISE, HOPEFULLY EVERY THING WILL BE CURED!!

i LOVE READING EVERY ONES THREAD, I FEEL LIKE WE HAVE OUR OWN LITTLE SOAP OPRA. TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER, I HAVE ABOUT 10 PAGES OF CATCHING UP, WITH ALL THESE THREADS ,YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH, DANNY

well well how bold of me i never welcome our male friend to the group i do appoligise.

WELCOME jDHJ8JR aka Danny

Hey Dini, I'm glad you are feeling better, this group is amazing, you all are so funny. I'm half Irish, half Polish, I guess a dumb drunk!! Just kidding!! I visited Ireland when I was 15-16 Iloved it,I got to kiss the Blarney stone. Can't wait for my surgery, July 9th, I have some good news for the group, I found out yesterday, that my wife can go with me, I was a little scared and nervous.

I should be able to post tom. but, you guys probably will not her from me until the 16th. I wish you all the best of luck!! Danny aka john daniel harrington jr

I was always called Danny

Just in case if anyone is getting banded in monterrey or has been banded, I was wondering if Alltel wireless works there? thank you, Danny

Hey Danny,

I am glad that your wife gets to go with you. I think its great!! I waited too long to tell my mom and dad about having my surgery. Now that my mom knows, she wants to come with me but has a huge project meeting that day and can't get a decently priced flight. So I have decided to do at it alone!! I don't think Alltel or Sprint work internationally. I aksed the very same question of my dr. He said I would have to remove a block to allow international call from my phone, but offered to let me use his cell phone to call my parents from Monterrey. Sounds like you are getting ready to be banded and on your way to meet your goal!!

Danny, that's great that your wife can go with you. Have a safe trip, and you have my best wishes for a safe return home, and a speedy recovery. Don't know about the phone service as I've never been to Mexico. Get well soon as post as soon as you feel up to it. We'll be looking forward to hearing about your experience!:)

Dini, have fun cleaning up. I'd make Adam do it, tell him you're not feeling well.:faint:Feeling very faint!!!

Dini and Lynette,

Thanks for the welcome!! It is nice to hear what you all thinking and feeling. My date is for the 17th. I am super excited and nervous!! Congratulations to both of you on first step to a new you!!

Lynette I gave up! I was too sore from bending over. I just looked out my window and the traffic is crazy and i've to go to work when Adam comes home :)

I bought a tutu swimsuit for Annafrancesca and i couldn't help myself... She has it on now inside the apt. she looks so cute. whats even worst is that its raining outside!!!

cheers Glatster,

my road has stopped. i've no restriction at all. i've been really hungry for 2 days. i've already for 3mm in my band. I'm going to ask the nurse next week for a fill. its crazy i can eat exactly what i could before the opp. its will power thats i'm using right now. i didn't pay 13.000$ for will power!!

the 17th wwill pass in no time.

I love these questions. They really get my brain working into overdrive. Does my weight embarrass me? Yes. I'm embarrassed when I can't fit into a booth at the restaurant comfortably. I'm embarrassed when my son's peers (they're certainly not friends) taunt him because his mother is fat.

But embarrassment isn't the only emotion I suffer from either. I didn't choose my user name for nothing. My weight and my lack of control over it frustrates me. I can't do activities as freely as I'd like. I can't play rough and tumble with my son without fear of crushing him with my weight.

I'm angry with it. It's caused me so many health problems. Problems I wouldn't have if I could get it under control! I enjoy exercise and being active, my ever-increasing weight is inhibiting my ability to do so many things I enjoy because I either can't haul my weight around to do them, or I run out of energy just as things are getting good.

Oh and please don't get me started on the effect it has on my sex life..... cry.gif My husband loves me unconditionally. And he's never, EVER made me feel like the extra pounds makes me less attractive. (WARNING: possibly TMI follows) But there is a limit to the positions I can enjoy, to how much I can bend my knees, how long I can keep them in the air, how much energy it takes to last longer than 15 minutes, how awful I feel with this huge tyre constantly around my stomach, how I don't even know any more what it looks like down there ... angry.gif Doh! I got started, didn't I? embarrassed.gif

Positive things about my weight? think.gifthink.gifthink.gifthink.gif I'm not anorexic? rolleyes.gif __________________

Hey Danny,

I am glad that your wife gets to go with you. I think its great!! I waited too long to tell my mom and dad about having my surgery. Now that my mom knows, she wants to come with me but has a huge project meeting that day and can't get a decently priced flight. So I have decided to do at it alone!! I don't think Alltel or Sprint work internationally. I aksed the very same question of my dr. He said I would have to remove a block to allow international call from my phone, but offered to let me use his cell phone to call my parents from Monterrey. Sounds like you are getting ready to be banded and on your way to meet your goal!!

Hey Michelle, I know what you mean by that overpriced flight, 2 days after I made my flight, my wifes flight was $400.00 more, but I think it will be worth it, well maybe(she is pregnant) , maybe I should of went bymyself, just kidding you know us guys are the biggest babies!! I can't wait for the day, when the hostess says table or booth, I can say Booth and be comfortable. YOU ARE GOING TO DO WELL, i JUST HAVE A GOOD FEELING about your surgery. This group is great, talk to ya'll later Danny

cheers Glatster,

my road has stopped. i've no restriction at all. i've been really hungry for 2 days. i've already for 3mm in my band. I'm going to ask the nurse next week for a fill. its crazy i can eat exactly what i could before the opp. its will power thats i'm using right now. i didn't pay 13.000$ for will power!!

the 17th wwill pass in no time.

Dini keep up that will power, I hope you get that fill soon!!

Danny

Hello all. Sunshine here just hoping to brighten you day!

Welcome AppleBlossom, grammarcoquette, gladster, coltonwade, tengal and anyone else I may have missed. There is so much here to read.

You can definitely tell who has had their band put in...they are the ones always posting, bored at home healing.:) Not naming any names Lynette and Dini...:heh:

Cherrybomb and LWesson, I sure hope everything is going well today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mommiranda, I think its pretty normal to be nervous. I am nervous and I am not having my surgery until the end of the month.

Danny, good luck with your surgery. I know what you mean about not being able to play. Just think, in a few months your daughter will be trying to keep up with YOU. I am glad your wife is getting to go. It is pretty down there.

Lynette, I can't believe you have lost 8 LBS this week. What can I say? You are my idol after all. :clap2: That is so great!!! I bet you miss your little one. I always liked it when they went to stay and liked it when they came home.

Dini, my little Irish Sis, How are you doing? Knock Adam up side the head for me and tell him its from Sunny. I can just see Annafrancesca dancing around in her tutu bathing suit. I have one...JK I always go those for my Kelly when she was little. Now the problem is making sure they suit is big enough to cover stategic places so she won't be arrested.:) I must say, if I had her body I would wear what she wears.

You asked if we were embarassed by our weight...I don't think embarassed is the word. Although I must say I did feel a twinge at the beach. I think it is just I don't feel attractive at my weight. I always feel attractive, even heavy, but in the last year I don't. So, I don't like it

Let me get back to work...

Sunny, Sunny, aren't you funny:eyebrows:. Ok, so I don't know how I'm gonna make it 4 weeks at home when I'm only 3 days in, and this bored. But as soon as I can drive, I'll be out shopping for smaller clothes!!! And I've been walking, and taking naps during the day too.

Frusterated, I hear you loud and clear. In intimate situations, I'm ready to be done in 15 minutes, but look forward to something longer once I get this weight off. I'll probably end up "killing my DH" when all is said and done.:phanvan

Dini, what size is your band? Mine is only 4cc, and your ready for a 3cc fill??? When do you go to the Dr. next? I'd have them check for a leak. You should not be so hungry with a fill already. You're scaring me girl!!

You should let your daughter dance in the rain!!! I'm sure she's a cuttie, puttie in that tu-tu. :)