Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Wow.. you guy's post faster than speeding bullets around here, so much since yesterday.... anyhoo... Chimboree, what a cutie, I love that dress.

Dini, I know how you feel, my fiance says he'll be there for me, but I know deep down he does not approve of my having the surgery, he says it's not necessary, blah, blah, blah. I told him, when you get to be 100lbs overweight, then, you can come back and tell me what's necessary or not.......

As for the question, why am I fat? I started gaining weight when I got my 1st desk job. I can't even blame it on giving birth, 1 month after I had my daughter I was wearing a belly shirt, and that was 9yrs ago. So, when I started working, were were ordering out for luch everyday, chinese, Italian, you name it we ate it,:hungry: snacking at my desk all day, It was always someones birthday, so bring on the cake.. Not to mention my commute was about an hours drive each way, so when I got home exercise was out of the question. So then the weight starting piling on and here I am. I guess I can chalk it up to poor eating habits and lack of exercise.

So I started my Pre-op diet today... although when I got my pkg from the dietician she said I only had to do the Preop for 3 days...

so for eats today I had...

vanilla Prot. shake (no sugar) + blueberries

Aitkins Choc shake mid morn

Van. shake 2 p.m. + some honeydew melon peices

1/2 Sweet potatoe, 3/4 c cottage cheese FF, 1/2 oz. Pork souvlaki (off of my DH skewer)

then Water, water, water

Gonna have a yogurt before bed..

Blood lab tests in the a.m.

:ranger: Glad I found you guys.

Q: how do I insert my picture???

Oh boy, what a question! You wouldn't even believe the things that have happened to set this ball in motion ... what a soap opera:mad:!!!!! It had to do with my parent's divorce and losing family as I knew it to be ... mind you I was no youngster, but rather 35. Still, my addiction of choice was food! I ate myself into oblivion!!! I really solved the problems of the world, how 'bout it? Oh well, regardless of how, here I am ... now, to take the steps to fix it all!!!!! LOL:clap2:

according to my Surgeons in Canada (TLBC) Day 6 to Day 16 post op you can go to FULL FLUIDS;, Creamy Soups -strained, protien shakes, skim milk, Jello, yogurt, diet puddings,

Then the pureed Diet 14 days in total, from DAY #17 - Day # 31 eat any foods your familyis having just put it thru a blender, Baby food is also a great alternative (especially if you are traveling), Cottage cheese, hot cerial, minced canned tuna, mashed pototoes, pureed Beans, yougurt, preed chicken, pureed carrots & fruit...

I don't know HOW you are going to keep this from your traveling buddies.. Good luck with that...

DAY #32 (post op) you can slowly start SOLID foods, and onwards from there

Our Cost here (not covered by insurance plans) is $16,000 payable in advance...

Chimboree--you're beautiful. I used to think I was pretty, just fat, but I got a "pregnancy mask" with my last pregnancy that never went away, and now my face is all blotchy and sun damaged. Yuck! (I'm thinking about getting something done w/that while I'm in TJ to get the band!)

Dini--What you were saying about pampering yourself reminds me of my sister--she's always been a big girl, but she has also always changed her hairsyle, bought cute clothes, and never thought she was too fat to dance at a night club. Ironically, I've always weighed less that she does, and I don't do any of those things. Although I do wish she would get the weight loss surgery with me, I also admire that she accepts herself the way that she is.

Weight Gain: I don't have nearly as good an excuse as some of what I've been reading. I have never been small, but I did not get really fat until the summer between jr. high and high school, which I spent eating with my best friend. I was fat all through high school, lost a little, got pregnant (at 18), got HUGE again! Lost 130 and slowly gained some of it back until I had my second baby when I got HUGE again. I kept gaining after the second baby until I got pregnant a third time and continued my HUGE streak!!! I have gained about 70 pounds with each baby and did not take it off w/either of the last two.

:hungry::hungry:

My weight has always been here. I think I've been over 200 lbs since my freshman year in high school. I just never thought I was that big until I saw a picture of myself last year. I didn't like what I saw and needed to do something about it. Something I've learned about myself through this process though is that I eat when I'm bored, which is a lot here at home. :hungry:

It also explained why I always ate so much when I was at work with my deskjob. I always had the top productivity on my team, usually averaging 150% or higher and I still had time to surf the web for 3 hours a day. That's part of what has gotten me to my current weight, but now it's time to do something about it. I haven't had kids yet and am 28, but when I do I don't want them to be high risk which they would be if my weight didn't change.

I truly love reading your stories too and it really makes me think about my own situations!!

...I haven't had kids yet and am 28, but when I do I don't want them to be high risk which they would be if my weight didn't change.

I truly love reading your stories too and it really makes me think about my own situations!!

Same here. No kids yet, and I can only imagine how my pregnancy would be...if I even got pregnant b/c I have PCOS, so infertility would be a problem.

I've also got high blood pressure so it would be nasty!! My docs are all hoping I'll be off that med within 1-2 months after surgery.

Peaches9, welcome to the Lucky 7s!!! Glad you're here. We will add you to the calendar.

Felicia, thank you. I try. The dress came from Stylish Plus Size Clothing, Dresses and Apparel. - Another plus-size store that I will no longer have to shop, eventually.

Ronik, thank you, too. Don't get down about the pregnancy mask. Check w/a dermatologist and see what can be done about it.

Frustrated, isn't that crazy that things just all of a sudden flipped out? "...I can lose weight, I know I can. I just can't keep it off. No matter what I do to lose the weight, it always finds me again and brings a bunch of its friends along for company. I want, no, I NEED something permanent if I'm going to have any hope of controlling my current health problems and avoid getting any more..." This is my concern. I've lost wt many times before, but like you, just need a little help in modifying behavior and keeping it off.

I am bit on edge tonight and am here alone without anyone to talk to who would understand and who knows about what I am doing. Then I thought of all you and decided I should post.

I have the opportunity to change my surgery to July 12. I found out yesterday and have been getting things in place to go – flights, hotels, nail, waxing and pedicure appts, etc. I just need to hear from my best friend (who is a nurse) who is going with me. She didn’t call me back last night and called me today to say she had picked up a shift on the 13th thinking it wouldn’t be till the end of the month. She said she should be able to get that worked out, but has to work the 11th, so would fly in that night to be with me on the 12th.

Well, she called me later and it looks like she can’t come with me. I am ready for this surgery and don’t want to wait at this point. I have 2 weeks in Hawaii in mid-August, and want a month to recover rather than 2 weeks. Also, my grandfather just had a stroke and is in the hospital. If he doesn’t get much better in the next few weeks, I have a feeling he won’t be with us all that much longer. I guess I feel like I really need to do this now, get it done, so that I can move on with life and tackle the other things that are going on.

So, my father already had a trip planned to stay with me for about a week from the 11th-19th. We are VERY close and he knows about the surgery. I think he is supportive, although as many men, he doesn’t always show it that well. We do travel together often and do fine, so I don’t worry about that at all. I called him just a bit ago so now it looks like he will fly into Phoenix on the 11th and then fly out to Denver to meet up with me that night! He will hang with me (while I recover very quickly!) and then fly back to Phoenix with me on the 14th, then back home on the 19th. When I asked him he said he hadn’t been to Denver for a while, so why not!?

I am one who usually gets what I want (with a lot of work and determination), the only major exception has always been my weight. I am going to have this surgery and going to be successful, I know that. It did throw me for a loop with this change of who will go with me, but hey, I would love for my dad to get this procedure done also, so maybe seeing me through it will make him decide to do it.

I have a ton of things to get done before going, so I think I will go get the house cleaned up and make a list of what I need to get done, as that always helps.

Sorry to go on so long, but I must say I feel a little better “getting it out” and feel like it is solved and I can now move forward with getting prepared for next week.

I think it will be safe to say now that I can be added to the calendar for the 12th the next time it is revised. :whoo:

Jennifer

<p>

I am bit on edge tonight and am here alone without anyone to talk to who would understand and who knows about what I am doing. Then I thought of all you and decided I should post......</p> <p>I am one who usually gets what I want (with a lot of work and determination), the only major exception has always been my weight. I am going to have this surgery and going to be successful, I know that. It did throw me for a loop with this change of who will go with me, but hey, I would love for my dad to get this procedure done also, so maybe seeing me through it will make him decide to do it...</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Jennifer
</p> <p> </p> <p>That is awesome!! Sounds like you're a bit calmer now about it. I know for me, it always helps to get it out. I'm sorry your friend didn't get to take, you but all things happen for a reason. And like you said, maybe your dad will be convinced by this to do it himself. My daddy is taking me to get mine. (I am such a daddy's girl.)</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm glad you thought about us here. That's what we're here for. We can all relate to one another. And I'm so glad to hear your focus and determination. We know you'll be successful!!! It's all good!</p>

Oh yeah, and I'll update the calendar w/your new date.

JenniferNaz, sounds like you have it all worked out, you just needed to get it all out of your system, and that's where this support group comes in. We all have things to get off our chest, and no one here is going to judge you for anything you say. I'm happy you've got the date moved up. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hope everything will be ok with him.

Welcome peaches9 to the Lucky 7's.

Felicia and Marcy, this is what happens when you get banded and are off work. I'm at home by myself, my son is at my moms, and I get on here to see how everyone is doing. Just think, once a few more get banded there will be way more than 3 pages a day to keep up with!!

I'm bored at home, and I can't eat anymore. So this thread is my new addiction!!!!

Have a good night all. Turning in for the night.:notagree

>I think scrawny people are disabled because they don't have enough Vitamins in their system to help their brain function properly! How's that!?!?!<

Marcy, I totally agree with you. Why didn't I think of this before.

I think is really neat that all of our stories are so different but so alike...here we all are having or waiting to have surgery. We all went down different paths to reach the same place. And we will go forward TOGETHER, supporting each other and getting HOTTER every day. We must all get together in the future and Celebrate all of this.

Dini, I looked at the pics and agree with Chimboree. No way she's prettier. To into herself. How's that beautiful baby of yours. Is she able to not climb all over you? I know that must be hard, protecting your abs.

Lynette, I just can't believe how well you have done. You are my idol

I hope we hear from Beefy Irish soon. And all those who had surgery today.

I am so glad I am off tomorrow. I sure would like to sleep late.

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!:clap2:

OH my goodness, I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone before I start reading the 11 pages posted since last night!!! I just got off of an 11 hour shift and I am exhausted. I hope I can stay awake to read all what has been going on.

Lynette, I skimmed through and saw that you posted a few times, I hope you are feeling well, and are resting.

I will try to get back on later when I am done.

TTFN,

Anna

Hello Lucky# Sevens,

I have a date! July 24th with Dr. Ortiz. Bought my airline ticket today and paid my deposit. I'm so excited. I am ready to get this over with and quit grazing like I'm never going to eat again. I think I've heard it called the last meal syndrome only mine has been going on for about 2 months now. I have a choice on pre opt diet - 2 weeks of 2 Protein Shakes and a lean cusine or 1 week of all Protein shakes. Anybody have opinion on which will be easier to stick too? any body else going to Dr. Ortiz on the 24th?

Renee