Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

JenniferNAz - congratulations on getting your day moved up! That is great and you are right it really isn't going to give you as much time to ponder for long!

For me, I did ask to be put on a waiting list, so if I get my sleep study done early, I could still get in if an opening became available, so fingers crossed!:P

As for the nails, glad to hear you can keep them on. I get a pedicure each month and thought I might do that before my surgery....

After almost 3 years of misc. delays (mostly the fault of my insurance company), I am scheduled to have Lap Band surgery on 7/31/07!!! In Ithaca, NY.

I can't believe it is finally happening. I am glad I made the "lucky 7" cut-off .... the last day of July!

I don't know if the time will fly or drag. I do know that 2 weeks of liquids will feel like an eternity......But I am not complaining. I've waited too long!

Lucia Maria - how wonderful for you, to finally have a date! And it looks like you and I will be sharing that day of July 31st! Fortunately, I only have one week of pre-op dieting, two weeks could be a little much for me!

Welcome aboard!:clap2:

Reconciler, welcome. We're so glad to have you join our family. We're an amaizng bunch of people if I do say so myself. About the last supper syndrome,:hungry: for me it stopped about 2 weeks pre-op. I started realizing that the favorite foods I'd come to love over the years just didn't taste the same anymore. The last week pre op I went to a different place every night for dinner. I did enjoy some things, but others I just realized that I could do with out until I hit my goal weight. I even ended up losing 4 pounds this past weekend because of nerves and everything, so maybe try to limit the last supper syndrome to one last meal a day. Pick dinner for instance. Eat light and healthy for Breakfast and lunch, and then splurge a little on dinner. It will also help if you walked after dinner. I'd go to the mall and shop, it won't even feel like excercise. Just an idea for you.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers. I think you all helped me so much on this journey, and I did so much research, reading, etc. that it really helped me in the end. It's 5am, and I've slept from about 11pm to 4am. Had to get up and go, so I've done some walking, drinking, burping, and feel much better.:D

JenniferNaz, great to hear you can keep your nails on.:clap2: I always get mine done in the winter when my cuticles stay so dry. It's so relaxing to just sit there and be pampered. I'm going to go have a set put on next week since I have a Spa gift card to use still. I'll be thinking of ideas for your nail art. We'll come up with something great, just give me some time to ponder it today. Mayb something like a bandwagon, or your surgery date, maybe your goal weight?? Or how about a 4 leaf clover with the number 7 in it. I'll think of some more late.:P

I forgot to tell everyone how sweet my DH is:p. He went to the hospital with my mom and I, but had to leave after I went into surgery to do a few jobs, but when he returned, he brought me a get well soon card, and a stuffed bear holding a basket and balloon. It was so cute.:D

I don't think he realized the basket had candy in it:cry, but it was cute. I gave it to my son to take to my moms where he'll be staying until Wednesday. I figured the candy would be gone, and I could have the bear back, maybe!

Boy I'm just a chatter box this morning. I am going to lay down again.

BTW, SF fudge pops are SOOOOOO good. It's a great chocolate treat!

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. Someone wanted to know about how the frozen slimfast with Protein power tasted. Very yummy. I'm eating some now. I let it thaw for about an hour. The powder makes it very creamy tasting. Thumbs up from me.:clap2:

oh my god CONGRATULATIONS LYNETTE & BFYNENTYME.

sorry this is so late was feeling quite ill yesterday. you two are GODS! i'm so happy your both well. you make me look like a wimp!!!

bug hug to both of you. your fab..

HI EVERYONE... hope your all well. it took me over half an hour to catch up on one days posts. were some group!!

Snaggletooth i hope Aunt Flo shows up soon for you!

Chimboree my little darling, were you calling me Foxy Momma cos if you were i'm so flattered thats the nicest thing i've been called in years. i can't stop blushing! if you weren't calling me that i'll just pretend you were!!

I see that Bun1, Lynette(legend) and my Sunny Sunshine are on board how are you doing ?

Dini, my little sausage, here I am girlfriend. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Can you believe it. I made it home. I'm still feeling good, even better once I walk around a little. My stomache does feel a little sore, but I've only taken 2 pain pills since I got home yesterday.

Lucia Maria, welcome to the Lucky 7's.

Caolin, I'm so sorry you had to have your surgery moved back, but if it is for the best, then you can't argue with the Dr. Hopefully you'll get in and have the sleep study quickly, and they can get you in sooner. If he thinks it's important enough to put off surgery for it, then I would respect that he's only looking out for your best interest, and your safety. But yeah, that sucks. At least you'll still be a Lucky 7!!!

BYW, Miss Dini, you are not a whimp. I wouldn't have done so well if I had my "Aunt Flo" visiting yesterday like you did the day of your surgery. But I will accept that hug of yours, and I am FAB, arent I. Just wait until next year, then I'll be MARVELOUS!!! Can't wait!!:P

Lynette girlfriend, your MARVELOUS now!! your doing so well.

I was at the Clinic today to get my stitches removed! i've got 4 tiny scars i'm so happy with them i taught they would be bigger. i've lost 3lbs this week but the nurse said not to worry cos i was still swollen and that i hadn't poo'd wasn't helping.. my nest app is on the 25th.. hope to the god lord i will have lost a little more by then!!

oh Lynette did you hear you and I are cheerleaders! i'm so chuffed with that! all we need is some green pom poms!!

Hi all! Lynette glad to see you are still doing so well. Keep it up you FABULOUS one.

Dini, just got on quickly at work. I am sorry to hear you are feel poorly. You say you have 4 little incisions. I thought they did 5. I sure hope its only 4. I don't have to worry about Aunt Flo visiting. She died..:P I think 3 lbs is great. That's 3 less you have to lose. Later....

Bobberts-mom, I was wondering how long before we could get in the pool! Gee, not fun on that one! Best wishes!

Hey, hey, hey! What's going on? Yes, Dini, I was calling you a foxy momma. You are too funny. And Lynette, you are mawh-velous, simply mawh-velous. You guys crack me up.

Welcome to all our new friend, Lucia Maria. Woohoo on the date. You are officially a Lucky 7! You will be making an appearance on our calendar soon.

JenniferNAZ, I was thinking about the nail art and I'm w/Lynette with the clover and the 7. I'll keep thinking. I'm a big nail/pedicure girl myself. Been doing it for years. I usually get gel nails. My own nails grew pretty long, so I would just get the gel on my nails. I just took the gel off recently b/c I needed to start fresh. So, right now, I'm sporting my own au naturel nails. They are short and cute w/a pretty mauve color right now. Sorry...I'm just blabbing on, aren't I?

I am feeling like such a bum right now. I'm so sleepy and ready to go lay back down. I need to clean house, but I'm so tired. I've been working a weird shift at work, 3pm - 11pm. When I get home, I can't go to sleep until after 2am. I really hate this schedule b/c I'm such a morning person, but can't be w/this jacked up schedule. Anyhow...sorry. I felt like venting for a second.

oh my god CONGRATULATIONS LYNETTE & BFYNENTYME.

sorry this is so late was feeling quite ill yesterday. you two are GODS! i'm so happy your both well. you make me look like a wimp!!!

bug hug to both of you. your fab..

No way are you a wimp Dini. You had a rough time of it and came out the other side still smiling. You, my dear, are an inspiration for those who may not be fortunate enough to have a painless experience. :clap2: